Sunday Night Fights (Warstory: Tatersalad vs danyul)

Sunday night for me was a good night for battling. I had plenty of battles that were good, bad, and ugly as shit. However, two battles stood out from that night (three but that was against Brawlex, and that was like Friday night. Plus he wrote that warstory). This is the first. This is yours truly vs. the one that calls him/her/transexual-self danyul. It got pretty tense to say the least. Leftovers recovery is being left out for the sake of reduced redundancy.

Anyway, now for the teams.

My team (aka Team "Send out Staraptor now!")

I'm for a rather offensive approach, as you can see.

danyul's team (in order of appearance)

Rofl we have three of the same team members

Anyways, the battle begins! *insert dramatic music here*

Tatersalad sent out Lucario.
danyul sent out Lucario*.

Lucario, my first love, is faced off with another Lucario. Intriguing. I assumed that danyul, like me, ran a SpecsCario, and I didn't feel like testing fate to see who would go first, so I switch in my second love, Mesprit, to take the incoming Aura Sphere.

Tatersalad switched in Mesprit.
Lucario used Aura Sphere.
It's not very effective...
Mesprit lost 27% of its health.
Mesprit: 79%
Lucario: 100%

Decent chunk of health for sure, but Mesprit took the attack like Paris Hilton takes a twelve incher. Confident that the enemy Lucario was gonna run for it, I aim to paralyze the next switch in.

danyul switched in Heatran.
Mesprit used Thunder Wave.
Heatran is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Mesprit: 85%
Heatran: 100% (paralyzed)

So I nailed the fiery fucking toilet seat with paralysis. I'm not sure what set it was running, but if it was ScarfTran, it's royally boned now. I U-turn out of there to Garchomp before I get Overheated into oblivion.

Mesprit used U-turn.
Bullshit% damage
Tatersalad switched in Garchomp.
Heatran is paralysed! It can't move!
Garchomp: 100%
Heatran: 97% (paralyzed)

Okay cool. Heatran ain't staying in on the child of a Sharpedo and an F16, so I Dragon Claw the switch in. I'm running ChoiceBandChomp, by the way.

danyul switched in Cresselia.
Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
Cresselia lost 37% of its health.
Quacker: 69% (kinky)

And out comes the Crescent Quack. The very bane of Garchomp's existance. Even a Choice Banded Dragon Claw didn't do to much to this thing. Better high tail it.

Tatersalad switched in Heracross.
Cresselia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Heracross: 100%
Crescent Quack: 75%

Well shit. Even when I chase the Quacker back to it's pokeball, Reflect means that it will do bullshit. Especially since Heracross has a Scarf instead of a Choice Band.

Heracross used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 17% of its health. (fuck you Reflect >.< )
danyul switched in Gliscor.
Gliscor: 100%

Not good. Seeing as Gliscor shrugs off the beetle's attacks as easily as GameFaqs shrugs off remarks about it's overall idiocy, I gotta got out of there. Especially with Reflect up.

Gliscor used Knock Off.
Gliscor knocked off foe Mesprit's Leftovers!
It's super effective!
Mesprit lost 7% of its health.

Well, no Leftovers recovery on the only pokemon on my team that resembles a tank. That kind of sucks if you ask me, but beats the shit out of Heracross losing it's Scarf. Gliscor won't stay in for fear of Ice Beam for sure, so I U-turn in an attempt to counter his switch in.

danyul switched in Lucario*.
Mesprit used U-turn.
rofl% Damage
Lucario*: 100%

Heracross was Scarf'd, so even with Psychic on Lucario, Heracross can put his foot so far up Lucario's ass with Close Combat then when he pulls it out, he'd hurt himself and his defenses will lower. So obviously danyul is sending in Batman/scorpion fucking thingy.....er Gliscor. So....

danyul switched in Gliscor.

Here is where I get ballsy. Seeing as I U-turned away from Gliscor last time we had this match-up, I bet he assumed I was going to do it again. Hehehe, I was a step ahead.

Gliscor used Aerial Ace.
Mesprit lost 15% of its health.
Mesprit used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Bye bye batman/scorpion fucking thingy!
danyul's Gliscor fainted.
Gliscor's reflect wore off! (even cooler)
Mesprit: 64%

(6 - 5, me)

Things are now a LOT easier for Heracross and, to a lesser extent, Garchomp. Now I'm face with the fiery toilet seat once again. I send in Gyarados because I'm sure he's probably planning to knock Garchomp out with Dragon Pulse.

Tatersalad switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Heatran's attack!
Heatran used Dragon Pulse.
Gyarados lost 39% of its health.
Gyarados: 67%
Toilet Seat: 97% (paralyzed)

Hmm, I know he still has that Crescent Quack waiting in the wings. Quacker pretty much craps on my giant serpentine karp dragon. But to hell if I'm just going to let the Crescent Quack come in.

Crescent Quack: 64%

That worked out nicely for me. But I have no idea what he's going to do now. Should I Pursuit Cresselia, or should I use another move and pray I hit the right switch in? I go with the latter option, and hopefully Close Combat does a number on the switch in.

danyul switched in Gyarados* (FUCK).
Gyarados*'s intimidate cut Heracross's attack!
Heracross used Close Combat.
Gyarados* lost 24% of its health.
Heracross's defence was lowered.
Heracross's special defence was lowered.
Gyarados*: 82%

Well that wasn't to swift. I should have Stone Edged, but oh well. I still have Mesprit, right?

Gyarados* used Stone Edge.
Mesprit lost 23% of its health.
Mesprit: 41%
Gyarados*: 88%

Hmm, Stone Edge Gyarados. I don't see those that often =P. Anyways, Mesprit has taken a bit of abuse this match, and to top that off it was rendered itemless by the now dead batman scorpi- (fuck I milked that)- Gliscor, but it has strength enough to still scare the enemy Gyarados away.

Mesprit used Thunderbolt.
Heatran lost 23% of its health.
Heatran: 72% (paralyzed)

Once again, in comes the toilet seat to take diddly shit from Mesprits attacks. Mesprit looked at me and said "IM GON MAKE A U TURN"

MESPRIT DON MADE A U TURN
Practically nothing % damage
Tatersalad switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Heatran's attack!
Heatran used Overheat.
Gyarados lost 48% of its health.
Heatran's special attack was harshly lowered.
Gyarados: 25%
Heatran: 70% (paralyzed)

My first thought at seeing Heatran nearly 2hko Bulky Gyarados was like :justin:. My second thought is I would not want to have to shit when Heatrans the only toilet seat around. Talk about my asshole burning.

>_> TMI aside, I Dragon Dance to see whether Toilet Seat would attempt to finish me off, or switch out to Crescent Quack

Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
Heatran used Overheat.
Gyarados lost 24% of its health.
Heatran's special attack was harshly lowered.
Gyarados: 7%
Heatran: 70% (paralyzed)

Holy hell that was close. I'm about ready to flush the toilet seat down (irony much?) with Waterfall, but now the Quacker decides to come in.

Gyarados used Waterfall.
Cresselia lost 32% of its health.
Gyarados: 13%
Quack: 44%

At this point I wish Gyarados had a more powerful attack than Waterfall, then I wouldn't have to pray for max damage or a Critical Hit. Basicly, it's like this:

"Magikarp, use Hyper Beam!"
"Well what the fuck do you mean you don't have hyper bea-? just use Splash Attack =/"

Gyarados used Waterfall.
Cresselia lost 34% of its health.
Cresselia used Moonlight.
Cresselia restored 50% of its health.
Gyarados: 19%
Cresselia: 60%

At this point, Gyarados is beat to shit and nigh useless now. But for some reason, I Taunt the Moon Duck, perhaps to prevent Reflect.

Gyarados used Taunt.
Gyarados: "Hey, you're a quack!"
Cresselia: "nigga WHAT!?"
Cresselia fell for the taunt!
Cresselia used Charge Beam.
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 32% of its health.
Tatersalad's Gyarados fainted.
Cresselia's special attack was raised.
Cresselia: 66%

(5 - 5)

Cresselia was so pissed by the Taunt that she just bitch slapped Gyarados with Charge Beam. Now Heracross is in and staring down it's prey. Now, the obvious situation would be Cresselia switching out and eating Pursuit. But I was sure danyul had that in mind. If I Pursuit it for bullshit damage, he can recover, force me to switch out, then set up another Reflect. I wasn't all for that....

Heracross used Megahorn.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Cresselia lost 169% of its health.
danyul's Cresselia quacked.
danyul switched in Gyarados*.
Gyarados*'s intimidate cut Heracross's attack!
Gyarados*: 94%

(5 - 4, me)

With Cresselia out of the way, Garchomp doesn't have much more to fear. It's time for Heracross to get the hell out of there. He's had his day's work.

Gyarados* used Stone Edge.
Mesprit lost 22% of its health.
Mesprit: 19%
Gyaradouche: 100%

Mesprit is going to die and I knew it. I sacrifice him in order to bring in my....

Gyarados* used Waterfall.
Mesprit lost 26% of its health.
Tatersalad's Mesprit rolled over and died.
Tatersalad switched in Electivire.
Electivire: 100%
Gyarados*: 100%

(4 - 4)

....human engine electric "Plug it in, plug it in" pokemon. Gyarados is definately getting out of there. I Thunderbolt away reguardless.

Electivire used Thunderbolt.
Heatran lost 31% of its health.
Toilet Seat: 39% (paralyzed)

I have a feeling he's sacrificing Heatran. I just Earthquake the Toilet Seat back to the porcelain shop.

Electivire used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Toilet Seat just got pissed on.
danyul's Heatran fainted.
danyul switched in Heracross.
Heracross*: 100%

(4 - 3, me)

Motor Human doesn't do all to much to the fighting beetle. With Gyarados down, I send out my only other half assed safe switch in.

Heracross*used Megahorn.
Heracross*s attack missed!
The other Heracross: 100%

Okay the miss was nice. I was glad that the enemy beetal didn't Stone Edge my ass. But that's what I had in mind for his Heracross.

Heracross used Stone Edge.
Heracross lost 52% of its health.
Heracross* used Megahorn.
Heracross*'s attack missed!
The other duder beetle: 48%

His attack missed again, just so his Heracross can eat Stone Edge. He's bound to switch out, but for some reason I stay in.

danyul switched in Lucario*.
Heracross used Stone Edge.
Heracross's attack missed!

That would've done bullshit to his Lucario. The threat of getting Psychic'd was very real now, but what move would his Lucario use? I assumed Psychic, and made my move, and prayed to Arceus that he didn't launch an Aura Sphere.

Tatersalad switched in Lucario.
Lucario used Shadow Ball.
Lucario lost 30% of its health.
Lucario: 70%
Lucario Numero Dos: 100%

Shit, a 1/2 effective move does 30% to Lucario from the enemy SpecsCario. Wow.

Anyways, the enemy Luke is going to run for his life, but I'm not going to do the obvious and Aura Sphere.

danyul switched in Heracross.
Lucario used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Heracross just shit itself.
danyul's Heracross fainted.
danyul switched in Gyarados.
Luke: 100%
Gyarados*: 100%

(4 - 2, me)

YES!! That worked out perfectly. Now I'm facing Gyarados.
Now instead of sending out Electivire and being smart, especially since I'm sure his Gyarados lacks Earthquake, I keep Lucario in to do damage with Psychic.

Lucario used Psychic.
Gyarados* lost 40% of its health.
Gyarados* used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados*'s attack was raised.
Gyarados*'s speed was raised.
Lucario: Why didn't you switch me out you dickhead?
Lucario: 100%
Gyarados: 66%

If you've seen my first warstory, you would know I made one extremely stupid mistake that could've fucked me over. I think I'm starting a trend for me because suddenly, the possibility of getting swept was very real. I decided to switch Electivire in NOW *facepalms* only for Gyarados to get another Dragon Dance in. Let's hope my trend of idiotic mistakes discontinues.

Tatersalad switched in Electivire.
Gyarados* used Dragon Dance. (SHIT)
Gyarados*'s attack was raised.
Gyarados*'s speed was raised.
Gyarados*:72%

shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

Electivire lost 137% of its health.
Tatersalad's Electivire fainted.
Tatersalad switched in Garchomp.
Gyarados*: 78%

(3 - 2, me)

Okay the moment of truth has arrived. Can a 100% Garchomp with 16 HP EVs survive a 2 DD'd Waterfall from what I assume to be BulkyGyarados? Even, what am I going to do, Stone Edge it and then have his Lucario sent in on me? At this point I'm almost ready to throw in the towel....

Garchomp lost 84% of its health (omg).
Garchomp used Outrage.
Garchomp went on a rampage!
Gyarados lost 88% of its health.
danyul's Gyarados fainted.
danyul switched in Lucario.
Garchomp: 26%

(3 -1, me)

Yeah that's right, I run Dragon Claw AND Outrage on Garchomp. Outrage is for endgame situations like this.

Anyways, at this point I was clutching my heart, breathing a sigh of relief. Somehow Garchomp survived the Waterfall and manage to kill Gyarados with Outrage. Now his Lucario is out against me. At this point I'm thinking I can do major damage with Outrage, die, then send out Heracross or something like that.

Lucario* used Vacuum Wave.
Garchomp lost 32% of its health.
Tatersalad's Garchomp fainted.
Luke: 100%

(2 - 1, me)

Oh snap, Vacuum Wave. Luke used the force to swiftly give Garchomp the final blow. But now Heracross is out, and he is ready to shove his foot up Lucario's ass and give me the win.

Lucario used Vacuum Wave.
Heracross lost 17% of its health.
Heracross used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Lucario got knocked the fuck out!
Tatersalad wins!
Score: (2 - 0)
danyul: good game
Tatersalad: gg, man

Ok, while it doesn't seem to be THAT close of a battle by the final scores, it was to me because if Garchomp hadn't survived, danyul would have came back and annihilated me with Gyarados. It was a good game though, and I believe we both played well.

Props:
-Winning is nice
-Garchomp for surving a 2 DD'd Waterfall and killing Gyarados
-Heracross for being a best.
-Mesprit because he's cool like that.
-danyul for the great game.

Slops:
-Me fucking up at the end and nearly losing on account of it.
-Reflect Cresselia for being a bith to take out.
-The enemy Gyarados for scaring the crap out of me.
-On the above point, danyul owes me a new pair of pants

Moral:
-Think out your decisions before you make one or else you could get screwed completely

Well that's that. I hope you enjoyed reading this rather long warstory, and would greatly appreciate any comments.

Nice, but:

Mesprit used Thunderbolt.
Heatran lost 23% of its health.

There's a wrong number there somewhere :-/

Gyarados used Taunt.
It's super effective!

Nice read and nice commentary

One of the better warstories I've read in a while. Fun read, good predictions in the first half, and close call with the x2 DD Gyarados. I tend to enjoy reading your stories. :p

These are the kinds of warstories I like. Witty but well thought-out commentary, easy to read format, and overall close match. Nice job there, Tatersalad, hope you make another interesting and enjoyable warstory soon.

Gyarados used Taunt.
It's super effective!

It usually annoys me when people throw in jokes in the middle of attacks, but that was friggin hilarious

Pretty nice and well written warstory. Definately the best one to come out in the last few days.

Though... you commented something in every single turn. Not that it's bad, but it's pretty unecessary and tiring. At least they weren't long enough to make it into something bad.

Thanks guys.

And seriously, Taunt should work like that.

About commenting every single turn: For some reason, I felt the need to do so. Perhaps to highlight all my thought processes. Although it seems to get redundant at points. I'll keep this in mind for any future warstories.

Thanks again guys

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Excellently written warstory. Tries and succeeds at being funny. The Taunting bit was the best.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Great match and great read =]

Well one thing that I learned from this match is that running Choicers (especially 3 like you!) have some hard prediction and harder switch-outs. And that U-Turn Mespirit is really handy =d

Thanks guys. I have another one pending, because I was writing this up when I had that battle, but some situations are similar and it may be stale. But I'll try to keep them coming.

Great warstory, one of the few that actually gets a chuckle or two from me. Things like " Decent chunk of health for sure, but Mesprit took the attack like Paris Hilton takes a twelve incher" and "Mesprit looked at me and said 'IM GON MAKE A U TURN' MESPRIT DON MADE A U TURN" livened up the story. The story itself wasn't insanely close as some, but it was a great read because it showcased some great prediction on your part, and also showed just how quickly things can go down the shitter if you're not careful of sweepers. Choice banded Garchomp outrage is probably one of the most powerful attacks in the OU without set-up.

I'll chime in and say this is certainly one of the more entertaining stories so far. Good writeup and the actual match was close too despite the score.

One of the GOOD warstories I could read from start to finish! :D It was a good one.

If Garchomp couldn't take that Waterfall... O.o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)