Super-Effectivemons

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Azumarill has Spore.
Electrify Seaking TOO OP
Aegislash gets : Will-O-Wisp, Curse, Parting Shot, Taunt + King's Shield, Destiny Bond, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Switcherro, NASTY PLOT, Topsy-Turvy + King's Shield LOL, Dark Void, Confuse Ray, ETC
Also are CAP moves allowed? I want to use Shadow Strike Aegislash.
CAP moves sadly won't be implemented.

The OP mentioned this, but Aerodactyl thinks this metagame is fun.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
-Head Smash
-Volt Tackle/Bolt Strike
-Crabhammer
-Hone Claws/Shift Gear

Being able to bludgeon things into submission with Head Smash without repercussions is great, especially with Aerodactyl's Speed. Then there's an Electric attack that nails Water types. Bolt Strike is stronger but has accuracy problems. It's probably the better choice on Mega Aerodactyl, though.
Crabhammer is simply slightly stronger than Aqua Tail, a move it already gets. You can either buff your accuracy with Hone Claws or go for Speed with Shift Gear. Sometimes not Mega Evolving is better if you don't want to get hurt with recoil from Head Smash, although it's worth noting that Mega Aerodactyl's Head Smash is absurdly strong with the Tough Claws boost, easily outdamaging any Rampardos without a boosting item:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 193-228 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mold Breaker Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 169-199 (50.5 - 59.5%) -- 83.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you want to be even stronger, you can go Adamant, since Mega Aerodactyl is so fast it'll outspeed most things with just a Neutral nature.

Rhyperior gets more toys
Rhyperior @ leftovers
Ability: solid rock
Nature: adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Thousand Arrows
Icicle Crash
Crabhammer
Shift Gear

Relicanth is interesting here
Relicanth @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP
Head Smash
Volt Tackle
Wood Hammer
High Jump Kick/ Mach Punch

Last edited:
Rhyperior gets more toys
Relicanth @ Choice Band
Head Smash
Volt TackleTackle
Wood Hammer
Submission/ Mach Punch/ Aqua Jet (If it gets it)
Just saying, Submission's recoil may be negated by Rock Head, but it's still outclassed by numerous other physical Fighting-type moves.

Just saying, Submission's recoil may be negated by Rock Head, but it's still outclassed by numerous other physical Fighting-type moves.
I know this, I put it there cause Im tired and Can't think extremely well right now nor am I able to edit that part of my post at the moment. And it's not like Relicanth is viable anyway

Valmanway

Rhyperior gets more toys
Rhyperior @ leftovers
Ability: solid rock
Nature: adamant
Thousand Arrows
Icicle Crash
Crabhammer
Shift Gear

Relicanth @ Choice Band
Head Smash
Volt TackleTackle
Wood Hammer
Submission/ Mach Punch/ Aqua Jet (If it gets it)
To confirm that last part, Relicanth doesn't get Aqua Jet.

Valmanway

You know, I just realized something. What if we included moves that a Pokemon was weak to before it evolved? Like Eevee is weak to Fighting-type moves, so Espeon could get Secret Sword, and Scyther is weak to Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type moves, so Scizor would get Rock Tomb, Ice Shard, and Bolt Strike, respectively. Just food for thought, but would you guys want to implement that?

Note that form changing would not allow multiple typed moves to be used, such as the Rotom forms.

Last edited:
What about Pokemon that are immune to their normal weakness?

E.g. Eelektross
He has levitate, but will he still be able to use Ground moves? Same with Weezing...

EDIT: Oops, didn't read it properly. :mad:

two things: 1.) ban no guard sheer cold golurk:P 2.) Sacred. Fire. Jirachi. need I say more?
OHKO Clause?

Last edited:
Let's see about pranksters...
Meowstic and bannette get prankster dark void, topsy turvy, and parting shot. This is HUGE.
Klefki and Whimiscott get prankster will-o-wisp
Thundurus gets prankster haze
Whimsicott also gets king's shield, roost, defog, toxic spikes (guaranteed 2 layers)

Now let's see some weirder ones:
Weedle learns how to fly.
Weezing finally gets a combination of explosion, self-destruct, memento, and healing wish.
Tentacruel gets gravity + magnet rise.

Looks like sleep is gonna be huge in this meta. Just taking a look at the viable mons that get Dark Void/Spore: Deoxys-s, Alakazam, Azumarill, Aegislash, Gengar, Lati@s, Mamoswine, Manaphy, Rotom-W, Terrakion, Keldeo, Tyranitar,... The list goes on.

Also, NP Gengar is pretty wack.

Also, out of curiosity, I looked what combinations had the most weaknesses, turns out they're Grass/Psychic, Grass/Ice and Rock/Psychic (Solrock op), meaning Celebi and Abomasnow get the most toys out of this meta. V-create Mega-Abomasnow anyone? It's a shame it didn't get trick room, but if you want to patch up his speed in another way, there's always tailwind or rock polish!

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Modest
EVs: 40 HP, 252 SpA, 216 Spd
- Rock Polish/Tailwind
- Blizzard
- Blue Flare
- Giga Drain/Power Gem

With this you outspeed neutral base 100s after a RP/Tailwind, which is still pretty sad... I'm sorry Megasnow, I really want you to be better :v

Speaking about Trick Room, I was actually kind of excited to see if anything decent could make use of it now, but the only thing that really comes to mind at first glance would be conkeldurr... Iron Fist TR anyone? Idk, I'm so overwhelmed by all the possibilities of this metagame!

Speaking about Trick Room, I was actually kind of excited to see if anything decent could make use of it now, but the only thing that really comes to mind at first glance would be conkeldurr... Iron Fist TR anyone? Idk, I'm so overwhelmed by all the possibilities of this metagame!
Hariyama might also be decent with trick room. I'll have to find a set and test it out though.

Thoughts
Mega Venusaur gets Will-o-Wisp, Blue Flare, Haze, Ice Beam, Defog, Oblivion Wing, Roost, Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, screens, Psystrike, and Stored Power, among others. Calm Mind set, anyone?

Mega Charizard X could utilize Crabhammer, Water Shuriken, Bolt Strike, and Diamond Storm for coverage, and Nuzzle for a bulky tank set, while Mega Charizard Y could utilize Thunderbolt or Power Gem for coverage and Volt Switch for momentum.

Mega Blastoise gets Nuzzle, Aromatherapy, Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, Spore, and Synthesis for utility; Thunderbolt and Energy Ball for coverage; and Volt Switch for momentum. Pretty scary.

Nidoking gets a much-improved physical movepool, with Water Shuriken, Waterfall, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Bonemerang, Thousand Arrows, and Zen Headbutt as new options. Pretty good!

Clefable acquires Clear Smog, Coil (if you wanted to use physical Clefable for some reason), Shift Gear (see Coil), Gastro Acid, Toxic Spikes, Sludge Wave, Autotomize, and King's Shield. I like it.

Dugtrio can now utilize its Arena Trapping shenanigans more effectively with the additions of Crabhammer, Water Shuriken, Horn Leech, Power Whip, Spiky Shield, SPORE, Ice Shard, and Icicle Crash. 2sporey4me

Arcanine can utilize Crabhammer, Thousand Arrows, and Diamond Storm as good coverage, with Water Shuriken priority and even the ability to stack Spikes!

Alakazam gets a quick Destiny Bond, a quick Dark Void, a quick Parting Shot, a quick Memento, and a quick Topsy-Turvy. However, the scariest additions are TAIL GLOW and QUIVER DANCE.

Slowbro and Slowking now get Thunderbolt, Nuzzle (Nuzzle>T-wave), Volt Switch (For Slowking, wait a minute...), Spore, Giga Drain, Defend Order, Tail Glow (Defend Order+Tail Glow+Slack Off/Heal Order+Scald set?), Sticky Web, Knock Off, Parting Shot, and Topsy-Turvy. Pretty good.

More thoughts later.

Just noticed something: Bullet Seed Cloyster. :O Still no Water Shuriken though. Cincinno also gets Bulk Up and Arm Thrust.
Play Rough + Knock Off/Iron Tail/Superpower becomes legal now on Absol. It also has Close Combat for better fighting coverage than Superpower and it also has Quiver Dance for interesting mixed and special sets. Pretty cool.
Prankster Will-o-Wisp Klefki doesn't care about Earthquake anymore and Dual Screens + Thousand Arrows + Play Rough looks interesting, but may not be that great. Will-o-Wisp + Spikes + TA + PR may work too.
Fighting types having Defog sounds pretty good though there aren't many good users of it aside from the musketeers not named Cobalion and possibly Chesnaught or Breloom (Spore + Aerial Ace/Acrobatics sounds nice and a bit annoying as well). Roserade and Tangrowth look like good Defoggers with an immunity to Toxic Spikes and Regenerator respectively along with Shaymin, Celebi, and the aforementiolned Grass/Fighting types.

Valmanway

Alright, I decided. A Pokemon can have a move if it was weak to it before it evolved. So for example, Land's Wrath Mega Charizard X is allowed, since Charmander is weak to Ground. So this should spice discussion up somewhat.

Make way
Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
Knock Off
Heal Order Roost
Thousand Arrows
Flare Blitz

Last edited:
Yay! My beloved Empoleon can use Grass moves like Seed Flare, Giga Drain and Synthesis now and Lucario can experience the power of Geomancy! Hide yo mons cuz Luc is out for blood
It is also worth noting how many new poison and Fighting-type Pokemon we have with trick. Black Sludge and Choice items are now much more dangerous in this metagame. Crobat will utilize this very well as a Black Sludge and Choice Band user.

Yay! My beloved Empoleon can use Grass moves like Seed Flare, Giga Drain and Synthesis now and Lucario can experience the power of Geomancy! Hide yo mons cuz Luc is out for blood
It is also worth noting how many new poison and Fighting-type Pokemon we have with trick. Black Sludge and Choice items are now much more dangerous in this metagame. Crobat will utilize this very well as a Black Sludge and Choice Band user.
Lucario is neutral to Fairy, not weak to it

Edit: Read the rules, .-.

Valmanway

Make way
Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
Knock Off
Heal Order
Thousand Arrows
Flare Blitz
Drapion isn't weak to Bug, so no Heal Order. But he has Roost since Skorupi's weak to Flying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)