Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Cloud or Lightning making it into Smash is the worst thing that could happen to the series, second only to Naruto representation. It's unbearable enough to see them continue to get new games in their own series.
You know there was a petition to put Reggie in Smash, right?

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
zp.jpg

Im sure we all expected this but its nice to see it confirmed.
I'm optimistic that we will get more designs, since you can only fit 4 on a stage at once. There are so so so many possibilities. (wheres muh horn hat)

View attachment 13713
Im sure we all expected this but its nice to see it confirmed.
I'm optimistic that we will get more designs, since you can only fit 4 on a stage at once. There are so so so many possibilities. (wheres muh horn hat)
I'm pretty sure we'll see more costumes than just those four.

Personally, I'm just glad to see a small boost for Robin's chances to be in this game.

There HAS to be a grass type Pokemon in the game. My Guess is Sceptile. The games are released before and after(?)the Hoenn remakes. Sceptile not only fits the bill as a fighter but could promote the upcoming Pokemon games.

There HAS to be a grass type Pokemon in the game. My Guess is Sceptile. The games are released before and after(?)the Hoenn remakes. Sceptile not only fits the bill as a fighter but could promote the upcoming Pokemon games.
I wouldn't say there HAS to be a grass type in the game. There isn't a pressing need to complete that pattern just for the sake of completing the pattern, as none of the grass starters really stand out as significant enough for such a role. Sceptile comes closest due to the remakes, but even then the remakes are coming in so late in development that it's highly unlikely they'll impact Smash at all. Not to mention Sceptile is kind of overshadowed by Blaziken in terms of Generation 3 starters.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Fuck Sceptile too with its grass swords and being yet another lanky, bipedal fucking Lucario/Greninja clone.

Runic said:
An ax/polearm wielder wouldn't help the actual issue at all, since all sword characters almost always hit with the tip anyway. That's why I liked Roy so much.
No. Like I just said not even an hour ago, the issue is that they all play pretty much the same and only hit with the tip, and there has been a sword character that isn't like that (Roy)
marf = all sword characters. I don't believe any of the other sword characters have a sweet spot anywhere, besides Roy (non-tip) in Melee of course.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so far we have seen 21 Smash 4 assist trophies, Brawl had 24.

Like Pokemon/items it's clear they'll keep some cool ones and throw in others. There is also of course Assist Trophy promotion to playable. So who might that next playable character be?

-Issac/Matthew for Golden Sun (three games now and song in Brawl)
-RAY MKIII (size would be a thing but this would be glorious to behold)
-Barbara (a weird non-princess female, but with the current female reps now Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Rosalina, and probably still Jigglypuff we are probably in good hands)

marf = all sword characters. I don't believe any of the other sword characters have a sweet spot anywhere, besides Roy (non-tip) in Melee of course.
Even though Marth is the only one directly rewarded for tipping, there is almost never a reason for the other three to not tip.

Personally, I'm just glad to see a small boost for Robin's chances to be in this game.
Agreed, FE deserves a magic character in Smash and Robin would be perfect.

Last edited:
Ok so far we have seen 21 Smash 4 assist trophies, Brawl had 24.

Like Pokemon/items it's clear they'll keep some cool ones and throw in others. There is also of course Assist Trophy promotion to playable. So who might that next playable character be?

-Issac/Matthew for Golden Sun (three games now and song in Brawl)
-RAY MKIII (size would be a thing but this would be glorious to behold)
-Barbara (a weird non-princess female, but with the current female reps now Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Rosalina, and probably still Jigglypuff we are probably in good hands)
I think you can more than likely add Palutena to that list of female characters.

Speaking of Kid Icarus, why does everyone want Palutena or Hades as a character and not Magnus? I think he'd be much better, not to mention that he's actually human sized with a pre-existing full moveset.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd imagine the big sword is a problem, Ike is already a slow guy and Magnus has Cloud levels of sword girth. Unless he had a lot of punch moves for a stuff I just can't imagine a sword that large would be very easy to balance out.

Speaking of Kid Icarus, why does everyone want Palutena or Hades as a character and not Magnus? I think he'd be much better, not to mention that he's actually human sized with a pre-existing full moveset.
Probably because Magnus isn't that important of a character to Kid Icarus, especially compared to someone like Palutena, who's been there since the beginning and was constantly present in Uprising.

I'd imagine the big sword is a problem, Ike is already a slow guy and Magnus has Cloud levels of sword girth. Unless he had a lot of punch moves for a stuff I just can't imagine a sword that large would be very easy to balance out.
Magnus only existed probably about a year before Smash production started. A character that he already had a lot to do with and is so fresh in his mind wouldn't be much of a challenge for him to incorporate, especially if he had the roster in mind during KI:U's development.

Probably because Magnus isn't that important of a character to Kid Icarus, especially compared to someone like Palutena, who's been there since the beginning and was constantly present in Uprising.
Zero Suit, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Sheik would like to have a word with you.

Magnus only existed probably about a year before Smash production started. A character that he already had a lot to do with and is so fresh in his mind wouldn't be much of a challenge for him to incorporate, especially if he had the roster in mind during KI:U's development.

Zero Suit, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Sheik would like to have a word with you.
You could easily replace Magnus with Palutena in that first statement.

As for the second one, I don't really see the point you're trying to make. Zero Suit Samus is Samus, and has been in the series since the beginning. Jigglypuff was pretty prominent when she was first added in, and she's kind of stuck around because of it. Lucario became quite prominent in the Pokemon series ever since his introduction, and is one of the more recognizable Pokemon at this point. Sheik, again, is Zelda, and was originally put into Smash as a unique gimmick for Zelda to use, one that stuck around in Smash despite Sheik's absence within the Zelda games.

You could easily replace Magnus with Palutena in that first statement.
So what? My point was that he wouldn't be hard to implement, not that he would be easier than Palutena.

As for the second one, I don't really see the point you're trying to make. Zero Suit Samus is Samus, and has been in the series since the beginning.
Sheik, again, is Zelda, and was originally put into Smash as a unique gimmick for Zelda to use, one that stuck around in Smash despite Sheik's absence within the Zelda games.
That isn't an argument. In Smash, they are different characters. Zelda and Samus represent Zelda and Samus. Sheik and Zero Suit do not represent every incarnation of Zelda and Samus, only the ones where they are Sheik and Zero Suit. Those specific incarnations are not justified by the other, already represented incarnations of that character.

Jigglypuff was pretty prominent when she was first added in, and she's kind of stuck around because of it.
She was an early-level random spawn in the games, and a joke character in the anime.

Lucario became quite prominent in the Pokemon series ever since his introduction, and is one of the more recognizable Pokemon at this point.
Mewtwo fits this description far better and they had no issue removing him.

So what? My point was that he wouldn't be hard to implement, not that he would be easier than Palutena.
But Palutena wouldn't be hard to implement either. If you were trying to justify Magnus over Palutena, it's not a point in Magnus' favor.

That isn't an argument. In Smash, they are different characters. Zelda and Samus represent Zelda and Samus. Sheik and Zero Suit do not represent every incarnation of Zelda and Samus, only the ones where they are Sheik and Zero Suit. Those specific incarnations are not justified by the other, already represented incarnations of that character.
It's an argument because the fact that they were alternate forms of a character was almost certainly the reason they're playable to begin with. If Sheik wasn't an alternate persona of Zelda, she almost certainly wouldn't have made it into Smash, for example.

She was an early-level random spawn in the games, and a joke character in the anime.
She at least had a defined, recurring role in the anime.

Mewtwo fits this description far better and they had no issue removing him.
Yes, but that wasn't because of Lucario, you know.

How does all this relate to Magnus again?

Pardon me, but you brought up those characters, I asked how they related to Magnus, and you never did answer that question.
You said that Palutena should be in instead of Magnus because Magnus is not important to his series. I brought up Zero Suit, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Sheik because they are not important to their series, yet are still represented. How did you not get this, what other point could I have possibly been trying to make?

You said that Palutena should be in instead of Magnus because Magnus is not important to his series. I brought up Zero Suit, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Sheik because they are not important to their series, yet are still represented. How did you not get this, what other point could I have possibly been trying to make?
I believe I provided rebuttals to that argument already.

Either way, I'm afraid Magnus doesn't have too much of a chance at this point, it seems, considering in game evidence heavily favors Palutena.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)