Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I believe I provided rebuttals to that argument already.
You didn't. You obviously didn't even really understand what I was talking about. Example:

But Palutena wouldn't be hard to implement either. If you were trying to justify Magnus over Palutena, it's not a point in Magnus' favor.
In the part that you replied to, I blatantly said "this isn't an argument for Magnus over Palutena." If you actually went back and looked at the post I was replying to (which shouldn't have been hard, I quoted it in the post that you replied to), you'd see that he never even mentioned her. There is no excuse for missing the point this badly. This isn't even going into how you said that a generic, low-level, randomly-spawning enemy was more integral to a game's plot than a speaking, recurring playable character.

warioware: twisted, the get rich quick scheme with large asses and garlic

warioland: shake it, the get rich quick scheme with large asses and garlic

etc etc
Being silly and being literally a joke are two completely different things.

Last edited:
You didn't. You obviously didn't even really understand what I was talking about. Example:

In the part that you replied to, I blatantly said "this isn't an argument for Magnus over Palutena."
Perhaps I'm blind, but I don't see where you said blatantly said those words.

This isn't even going into how you said that a generic, low-level, randomly-spawning enemy was more integral to a game's plot than a speaking, recurring playable character.
You do realize that the Pokemon series isn't even comparable to Kid Icarus, or to practically every other series for that matter? Most Pokemon lack any sort of significance in the actual games, and certainly not in terms of plot; Pikachu himself is a generic, low-level, randomly-spawning enemy in the games. There are other things aside from just the games that have to be taken into account, you know. You can't really say that Jigglypuff is unimportant in her games as a justification for Magnus.

Perhaps I'm blind, but I don't see where you said blatantly said those words.
For the love of god:
So what? My point was that he wouldn't be hard to implement, not that he would be easier than Palutena.
It's the part that's bolded, italicized and underlined.

You do realize that the Pokemon series isn't even comparable to Kid Icarus, or to practically every other series for that matter? Most Pokemon lack any sort of significance in the actual games, and certainly not in terms of plot; Pikachu himself is a generic, low-level, randomly-spawning enemy in the games.
He's also the mascot for the entire franchise, the main Pokemon the anime, and technically a starter.

There are other things aside from just the games that have to be taken into account, you know.
I also already addressed this, holy shit.

You can't really say that Jigglypuff is unimportant in her games as a justification for Magnus.
Again, I already explained the connection here. Twice. Try to actually follow the conversation that you insist on continuing.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
fwiw i said "magnus should be in smash4" as i was playing ki:u before smash4 was even announced, so its obviously not just runic

For the love of god:

It's the part that's bolded, italicized and underlined.
Very well then.

He's also the mascot for the entire franchise, the main Pokemon the anime, and technically a starter.
Jigglypuff also had a recurring role in the anime at the time of the original Smash, and was one of the more popular Pokemon in Japan, if I recall. I am aware that you brushed this off as a "joke" role in the anime, but that is actually more than most Pokemon can boast.

And please, don't start insulting me. There's no need for that sort of thing.

Pwnemon Of course, you guys certainly aren't the only Magnus supporters out there. There's a good number of them. But even then, Magnus supporters are rather small in number, and there are a lot more Palutena supporters out there, especially as of late.

Try to look at it like this, Masahiro Sakurai is responsible for the creation of Magnus, but Magnus was only in a few chapters of the game. Palutena on the other hand, though not created by Sakurai, she got her entire redesign from him, as well as a huge role in Uprising, a personality, and a move set. Plus with the very convincing leaks, the temple stage, and the teasing with the trophies I see no reason she is not a playable character. Magnus, though likely, isnt anywhere near as likely as Palutena.

Magnus already has a lot more to draw from in terms of a moveset, whereas Palutena only has that one beam attack and that one energy ball attack from her boss fight.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Personally I'd like to see Viridi in this game. #lolis4lyfe

In case anyone thought I was serious, I'm not a loli I swear.

Pic of the day. This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside….

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This doesnt make any sense... What about sword Characters like Link? Will his sword magically switch hands or something?

I actually think this is a bad bad idea to do, some of the characters will look really awkward from that angle.

It doesn't seem to just be a lazy mirroring of the model with this, thankfully. Asymmetrical features seem to be preserved. If you look, you can see that Greninja's tounge doesn't magically get wrapped around in the opposite direction. I would assume for characters with extremely pronounced and defining asymmetricla movements like Marth and Link they'd stay like they always have. Although, he's making this out to be a pretty tedious process so they might have figured something out and applied this to characters like them.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm more excited that they are recoloring Greninja red rather than being lame and having weird shades of blue like Brawl Lucario. Sonic and Lucario both need that fix, team colours are obnoxious with them.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I'm more excited that they are recoloring Greninja red rather than being lame and having weird shades of blue like Brawl Lucario. Sonic and Lucario both need that fix, team colours are obnoxious with them.
I'd just be happy if they included the shiny coloring of the Pokémon. Pikachu was the only one where you could play as the shiny version, and that was probably accidental because shiny Pikachu is just barely different-looking from regular Pikachu. But yeah, distinct team colors are needed for some fighters also.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmbidextrousSprite

I hope it won't fall victim to this.

Behold, the mystery of the flipping scar, eyepatch, light source and hand wraps.
It doesn't seem to just be a lazy mirroring of the model with this, thankfully. Asymmetrical features seem to be preserved. If you look, you can see that Greninja's tounge doesn't magically get wrapped around in the opposite direction.
Doesn't look like that's the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)