Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think its funny that kirbys update received such a positive response, despite it effectively telling us nothing at all (except the indirect confirmation of what dedede's B move might be like)

i think its funny that kirbys update received such a positive response, despite it effectively telling us nothing at all (except the indirect confirmation of what dedede's B move might be like)
Pictures are fun. This is one of the fun aspects of Brawl that people just like to talk about. It's better than Widescreen, what's there to say bout that?

Snake Kirby...... maybe my favorite update yet. The first to have be laughing. Its the little things like this that is going to make this game awesome.

I found the positive response funny, too, particularly since (even though I loved it) I was expecting another three or so threads complaining about it on IGN and Smashboards (as there almost always is for every update) and yet there were none.

Besides the necessary 'Snake-Kirby is awesome' response, I find it odd is that I think the original SSB64 Samus-Kirby was the best looking of the three, with Melee's coming in second and the new Brawl version behind that.

I just want a European release date:( Rubbish update actually(but i gotta admit that Snake Kirby and Squirtle was badass) More stages please.

I didn't think a video update could be bad but... it was just a bunch of old clips with maybe a couple one second new clips of footage.

I have not thought any update was particularly bad until now.

Edit: yay no more need for inputting some gay html just to show a line break.

New update was pretty awesome. I thought the video was really cool.

I wonder if there will be a "Good" vs. "Dark" side in the adventure mode, because it looks like they're siding Metaknight/Bowser as villains.. but how would they play out in the actual Adventure? Fight the dark version of themselves? Hmm..

Something to think about!

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
looks to me that wario and bowser are the only "bad guy" characters in this adventure mode... meta knight is shown paired with the ice climbers, while bowser is responsible for stealing DK's bananas, while wario kidnaps zelda in a different video

kind of a crummy update overall though

Is that Meta Knight and Ice Climbers I see?! =D

I liked the video, much like a move trailer haha. Makes me want to play SSE so bad. ):

I wonder what Meta Knight's role is then? My theory that he was a bad guy is obviously wrong now, so maybe they just... Stole his ship? >_>

So, overview of SSE:

Partners:

Mario and Pit
Peach and Kirby
Diddy and Fox
Ice Climbers and Meta Knight
Yoshi and Link
Ike and ???
Zelda and ???
Lucas and ???
DK and ???

Pretty interesting mixing and matching of game reps. I wonder if DK and Ike will be paired up? Since they are the only 2 that you could see with clear footage (Lucas' was zoomed in onto him) that are going levels alone. Maybe they'll meet? Zelda was captured by Wario as we've seen before... (Zelda and Snake would be amusing).

Bosses:

Petey Pirahna
Wario
Bowser
Rayquaza

Since Wario / Bowser are both villians, they are obviously going to bosses at some point. Rayquaza may, or may not be a boss. Depending on if he returns (Fox knocked him out in the video).

Partners:

Mario and Pit
Peach and Kirby
Diddy and Fox
Yoshi and Link
Ike and ???
Zelda and ???
Lucas and ???
DK and ???
What if kirby is put with whichever princess you save and the otherone you have to save also notice no third party characters in that vid unless Ike is one

Is that Meta Knight and Ice Climbers I see?! =D

I liked the video, much like a move trailer haha. Makes me want to play SSE so bad. ):

I wonder what Meta Knight's role is then? My theory that he was a bad guy is obviously wrong now, so maybe they just... Stole his ship? >_>

So, overview of SSE:

Partners:

Mario and Pit
Peach and Kirby
Diddy and Fox
Yoshi and Link
Ike and ???
Zelda and ???
Lucas and ???
DK and ???

Pretty interesting mixing and matching of game reps. I wonder if DK and Ike will be paired up? Since they are the only 2 that you could see with clear footage (Lucas' was zoomed in onto him) that are going levels alone. Maybe they'll meet? Zelda was captured by Wario as we've seen before... (Zelda and Snake would be amusing).

Bosses:

Petey Pirahna
Wario
Bowser
Rayquaza

Since Wario / Bowser are both villians, they are obviously going to bosses at some point. Rayquaza may, or may not be a boss. Depending on if he returns (Fox knocked him out in the video).
Remember that when you fight Petey Pirahna, you'll free either Peach or Zelda, so Kirby could be paired up with either one, while the captured princess is taken by Wario.

Cool new video, haven't had one in a while. I do agree that it kinda sucks that it's mostly made up of previous scenes we've seen, but at least we know some pairings and we did get some new material at least. :)

They are obviously keeping Snake and Sonic's roles in SE secret. I mean seriously, come ON guys. And it'd be a huge letdown if they weren't even a part of it. Imagine Eggman having some evil role in the story. Ain't it exciting?

So yeah that's my take on that point.

And nice to see Bowser in the story mode as well. Looks like he has a slight variation of Wario's weapon...

I just had to post this XD.

Anyways, these updates have been pretty sweet, even though they haven't really revealed anything.

I've gotta say though, things aren't looking good for Ness. Lucas's nair and f-smash are exactly the same as Ness's. Though Lucas is swinging a stick instead of a bat for his f-smash.

I think there will be (or MUST be) more villains though, i believe Dedede will be one of them at some point in the SE.

Pikachu and PT would be a pair?. I think it would be interesting if they get paired with someone else.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was actually considering Pikachu and Ike for a long time, cause i think it'd be cute as hell.

But yeah, METAKNIGHT AND ICE CLIMBERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)