Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can SOMEONE please explain to me why there is so much Mega Man hate? It seems as though roughly 50% of people hate him, a good 40% are completely indifferent to Mega Man, and only that last 10% appreciate and like Mega Man. The hate is to the point that people would be DISAPPOINTED if he WERE in the game, which is insanity: a few more characters would do nothing but contribute to the enjoyment of Brawl.

Mega Man is an incredibly well-known character so iconic of video game history that only Mario and Sonic could possibly rival him in that aspect, and he has contributed far more to Nintendo's history--which is basically the whole point of Super Smash Bros, representing Nintendo's history--than either Sonic or Snake. The quality of his games has varied only slightly in the last few years (which Sonic wishes could be said of him) and are still released regularly with high ratings.

There will always be people who hate something for no reason, but it seems the hate for Mega Man is incredibly prevalent despite there being little reason for so and, after lurking through IGN and Smashboards for a while, it seems to be more common than support for Mega Man and not once have I heard a reason from anyone for their dislike of him.
i personally dislike the idea of him being in brawl because he somehow reminds me of a third party character. i know, his last 23892 games have been on the gba and ds, but still, he has nothing in common with other nintendo characters. my knowledge of megaman as a person is limited to him being a little man/boy/guy in a blue suit that can shoot stuff. at least snake has variety in weapons in the vein of samus or link, but megaman is just, in my opinion, a bland character design that takes itself too seriously.

that being said, i enjoy megaman games a lot. loved the first few games. but i just dislike him as a character because of capcoms inability to make him at least a bit self-satirical. i just don't like the prospect of him being in brawl. same with sonic, in fact. not snake though, since he's a badass. :D

fuckED STELLER

edit: maybe zero since he has a bit more going for him in terms of character design, plus hes had a whole series dedicated to him on the gba

Can SOMEONE please explain to me why there is so much Mega Man hate? It seems as though roughly 50% of people hate him, a good 40% are completely indifferent to Mega Man, and only that last 10% appreciate and like Mega Man. The hate is to the point that people would be DISAPPOINTED if he WERE in the game, which is insanity: a few more characters would do nothing but contribute to the enjoyment of Brawl.
I'm fan of Mega Man since the NES days, and while i don't enjoy Network series and X since X3. I would like Mega Man in brawl, 50% hating him is a bit exaggerated :D, but really i would like Mega Man before any Fire Emblem whore.

And thanks for that Sonuis :D, even when i fucked up i am so happy to remember that :P!!.

50% was more based on the IGN and Smashboard forums. Good god, I generally dislike forums in general but forgot that after lurking nowhere but Smogon for the longest time. Complete lack of manners and common sense in those places.

But, anyways, I'd also prefer Zero. I guess it wouldn't be too impossible since the heavily Zero-centric games were all on Nintendo systems and were released relatively recently.

And though I love Fire Emblem and saying I wouldn't like more characters would be a lie, there's really no one that represents the series better than Ike and Marth, one of which is confirmed and the other is likely to return. My original wish was for Lyn, who I thought would be good playable (and add to the miniscule number of female characters in SSB), but we all know how that turned out!

I dunno, it doesn't really make much sense to me. It'd be nice to have him in, but it won't make too much a difference when the game is finally out.

If Megaman isn't in, honestly, Zero's chances are slim to none.

It's like adding Luigi in Brawl, and then Mario is not in it. Seriously guys, if there is a rep, it'll be Megaman. Whoisawesomeandtheexeserieswasgodlygood. :):)

Anyway! This is character speculation, we shouldn't be discussing this.

New topic: What themed stages would you like in Brawl?

Well this isn't completely baseless speculation.

I think the reason why so many people are against Megaman is not because of Megaman himself, but because of all the retards advocating him with dumb reasons and acting as if their "predictions" are fact.

Anyways, I'd like to see a stage based on the Green Zone and Luigi's Mansion...and Bowser's Lair.

and Bowser's Lair.
QFT. I thought that with bowser in melee we'd be seeing a bowser stage, but was sorely disappointed. Hopefully this time we'll be seeing something as huge as bowser's castle.

I would've liked to have seen something from the surface of tallon IV as a metroid prime stage, but now with the pirate frigate, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Anyway! This is character speculation, we shouldn't be discussing this.
Wrong. Character speculation is "HAI I THINK RIDLEY IS IN BRAWL BECAUSE OF SOME CLOUDS IN THE SKY!" As steeler said, this isn't completely baseless, and the information is actually coming from a documented source. Granted, this source is questionable, but it isn't like it's some dude's theory because of something that looks like something else. Really, I'm getting sick of randoms (not even mods) saying to stop talking about something that will most likely blow over shortly anyway.

I would like Bowser's castle as well, with these fire sticks from the first Super Mario bros.

From Donkey kong i would like a lot of things, i don't like Rumble falls with all the possibilities they had. I would like a stage based on Bramble blast, or the pirate galleon, Kremland roller coaster (with that fantastic music from DKC2). Or just an old DK based stage (with red construction things and stairs).

Saffron city!!!.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
]Wrong. Character speculation is "HAI I THINK RIDLEY IS IN BRAWL BECAUSE OF SOME CLOUDS IN THE SKY!" As steeler said, this isn't completely baseless, and the information is actually coming from a documented source. Granted, this source is questionable, but it isn't like it's some dude's theory because of something that looks like something else. Really, I'm getting sick of randoms (not even mods) saying to stop talking about something that will most likely blow over shortly anyway.
"Absolutely no discussion on characters you think should be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This especially applies for 3rd Party Characters. 3rd Party characters are Sonic or Mega Man."

tl;dr, didn't you?

Saffron City should make it's return, Fourside was no replacement to it and Poke Floats just sucked. Also, an Angel Island tour stage (Like Isle Delfino) would be nice.

"Absolutely no discussion on characters you think should be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This especially applies for 3rd Party Characters. 3rd Party characters are Sonic or Mega Man."

tl;dr, didn't you?
>_>

I read it when this was first posted, but I don't remember it being so restricting. At any rate, I'd like to know why the freak we can't talk about stuff when we've even been given a source, as opposed to theories conjured by idiots (ie. the bosses in the clouds thing). Character speculation with a source is no different than <insert type of speculation about the game here> using information from a source. And hey, it's more productive than "what stages would you like to see in brawl," at least. Would you rather have discussion about something actually documented by at least one source or have this turn into a "WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE POKEMON?!?!?!" thread? Because unless there's actually something people can respond to there really isn't much to discuss, now is there? Now, no one wants this thread to degenerate into nsider quality stupidity, but it was far from reaching that, and now with the new change in topic seems to have reached an even lower intelligence level than before.

What's ironic about this is that it was steelicks that posted the source and spurred the discussion; not some random.
If you think we have reason not to post about something as significant as that, that was given a source, I'd really like to know what we should post about. There aren't exactly updates on weekends, ya know. Would you rather this thread just die on non-update days?

/rant

There's really not too much to speculate about concerning the podcast. Mega Man's character designer said, at one undefined point in recent months, that, though he would like Mega Man to be in Brawl, he had yet to be contacted by either Sakurai or Nintendo concerning it.

So, there's not all that much to speculate about except for giving random reasons as to why this podcast isn't decisive or discussing whether or not Mega Man deserves to be in Brawl, which would be...a bad direction for this thread to go in.

Like I said before, I'm going to be very confused if Mega Man isn't in Brawl solely due to Sakurai not bothering to contact Inafune.

That said, I'd love to see Green Hill Zone be a stage or at least the music be in Brawl. Besides that, I can't really think of anything interesting.

One of the stupidest updates ever, imo. I think that everyone expected Wario to appear in his original costume.
I disagree. Historically, no smash bros game has had full costume changes. The most we've seen so far was alternate hats for like... pikachu. Everything else had just been a recolor of their current costume.

However, something that makes me doubt other characters will get this same luxury: "Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special..."

I wouldn't count on a female pokemon trainer too much. It's more likely than before, now that they've shown one complete redesign, but that one word there probably means that there won't be any others like that.

However, something that makes me doubt other characters will get this same luxury: "Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special..."
This is a translation error; in the German and French Smash Bros Dojo, it's just "But Wario is special" with no mentions of him beeing the only one with an alternative costume.

This is a translation error; in the German and French Smash Bros Dojo, it's just "But Wario is special" with no mentions of him beeing the only one with an alternative costume.
Ummm... I would believe you but that could just mean that it is a mistranslation on the German and French ones. Anyone read Japanese?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Going gold means the game is finished and production is beginning. That's the message I'm getting from the "NOW PRINTING" on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)