Super Smash Brothers Brawl Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing for around 30 hours... I think i may have discovered my mains.

1. Pikachu- This guy has been my main since Melee seeing as i didn't play competitive 64, with his electric attacks and i especially like his down smash because it boots them into the air for potential thunder KO.

2. Lucas- When i first saw him on the dojo i thought, eh another ness clone. But man was i wrong! Unlike ness he actually kicks his PSI powers. His PK fire owns in SD, freeze has no use but is better then flash. His Up smash is incredible! His grab could be better but its ok.

3. Ike- You knew this was coming right? Well when i saw him on the dojo... i didn't know he had so much power! But man when i started using him i realized how much power he has! The reports said he was a slow character, which i somewhat agree on. But hes definitely not as slow as what they described. WE LIKE IKE, WE LIKE IKE!

Steelicks Yoshi is still good, he just has a whole new game for KOing people now, a lot of it is aerial-based. Plus I figured out his forward smash has a sweet spot, the closer the enemy is to Yoshi the harder the forward smash will hit.

Try mixing up throws with eggs (which ARE nerfed, for whatever reason), and also spam Yoshi's bair for approaches. If you want, later today I'll play you.

Also for the Marth/Ike is gay debate:

Marth ends up with a bangin' hot girl (Sheeda) canonically and didn't look nearly as womanly in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, whereas Ike is actually gay (which is why Thunderpup's taunt makes me lol). Ike only has an ending with Soren or Ranulf in Radiant Dawn... and given the Fire Emblem series' tendency to blur the lines (lesbian characters, gay characters, incestual relationships in EVERY FUCKING GAME except Ike's two games, etc) I think it's safe to say he's a big gay (BAN ME PLEASE)

I'm REALLY hating this "link sucks" shit.

Link improved from melee to brawl, but since toon link is so fast and floaty, everyone just ignores link, calling him terrible. Anyone who says that really hasn't done their research.

I spent 3-4 hours last night watching videos and reading information on Link, and while he's an average character, you guys are SEVERELY misunderestimating him as a character.

Played for about 30 hours so far, my thougts:

1. Ike is annoying. All the noobs use him becuase he is so strong... I'm not saying there aren't skilled ikes though by any means

2. Pit is annoying too... Noobs spamming side b all the time. Enough said.

3. Falcon got nerf'd but he'll still be a co-main for me after practice.

4. Toon Link rocks! I've used him in about 20 matches, got ko'd twice total

That's all I can think of, please argue if you disagree with anything

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
While I myself am on the Toon Link bandwagon, I don't believe Link is "bad"; he just doesn't suit my playing style.

In other news, I'm so addicted to Brawl that I had a dream I won a tournament last night using Lucas xD

1. Ike is just a good character. everyone was like "ROAY IS BETUR THAN U HE HAZH FIRE ND MRTH DUSNT." so now every fanboy is all over that, but you shouldnt have any trouble with them if they are noobs =0! just spam projectiles if ike gets on your nerves.
2. its only annoying if people spam it, so how is pit himself annoying? also, just learn to DI out of it and punish them. using a high priority smash attack works. like wolfs d-smash or f-smash (f-smash works better because it has 2 extremely high priority hits, so the first cancels NANANANANANA! and the second hits them)
3. FALCON RUN! good.
4. i find that hard to believe unless you were playing in training mode.

So no one in this thread has mentioned snake at all in a while. Does anyone here play him? He's probably my favorite character right now and he plays so wierd with his insanely strong attacks, projectiles, and C4. I just learned today that if you pull the pin on a grenade hold it and then shield you can drop the grenade right at your feet have it explode and remain untouched. It really makes for a sick defense. Any other tips for snake?

So no one in this thread has mentioned snake at all in a while. Does anyone here play him? He's probably my favorite character right now and he plays so wierd with his insanely strong attacks, projectiles, and C4. I just learned today that if you pull the pin on a grenade hold it and then shield you can drop the grenade right at your feet have it explode and remain untouched. It really makes for a sick defense. Any other tips for snake?
The grenade still hurts you if you pull the pin and drop it at your feet, so you can't ALWAYS remain untouched. You have to move out of the way or shield.

If you look it up on youtube or something, there is an advanced technique called mortar slide. It's fucked up. Basically you begin a dash attack, then do an Usmash, and if you do it right you can connect with the dash attack and slide and shoot a mortar up, potentially hitting them again.

It's probably a glitch but it DOES work.

EDIT

Here's a vid ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvbNohOQ3p8&NR=1

At above post, I thought he meant the whole point of that tech was that shielding whilst holding B dropped the grenade and put your shield up, so you would be untouched?

Personally, I prefer normal Link to his Toon counterpart.

Nerfing recoveries with his Gale Boomerang never gets old.

I haven't played as Link much; i'm mostly into playing as Mario, Sonic, Lucario and Kirby. My brother claims to be awesome playing as Kirby, between floating and beating the crap out of foes. He hasn't been online much, though.

DAMN...I can't wait until I get home so I can play more.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anybody know where I can find a list/videos of Mr. Resetti's impersonations? I managed to have him pop out once and he gave me an impression of [insert player's name here] and used the character I was playing as a reference.

"Play time's over Star Fox."

Can't imagine who I was playing as.

Edit: I just saw this today for the first time today while in Training Mode. So yeah.

Anybody know where I can find a list/videos of Mr. Resetti's impersonations? I managed to have him pop out once and he gave me an impression of [insert player's name here] and used the character I was playing as a reference.

"Play time's over Star Fox."

Can't imagine who I was playing as.

Edit: I just saw this today for the first time today while in Training Mode. So yeah.
Everytime I get him he always says the same thing! And he only says the charactewrs names in one bubble thing... I got him like 3 times already and he's really annoying...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will be joining the Brawl tomorrow as soon as the Post Office opens and I claim my Wii and drive back!

Search up Psychomidget on youtube. He plays a sick Snake.

Because we have so many Ike users and Toon Link users on these boards, I thought I should post this videos I found of the pros using them.

Massive spikes, Bair combos, great tech skill, these just show the true potential of the characters.

EDIT: Fixed match 4's link.

Finally got port forwarding to work, did dmz and all that stuff too.

I connected to nintendo wifi ok but can't find opponents on random wifi to test it ._. that isn't a problem on my end right?

edit: never mind, it works great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)