Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored so I did a fun little negative sprite thing.

The numbers under each Regi represent how many colors are on them. I was surprised at some of the results.

Critique and Comment.

P.S. "Right" negatives, as I like to call them, involve taking the negative colors and applying them in such a way that it had the same shading as the original. Plus the outline isn't screwed up.

I was bored so I did a fun little negative sprite thing.

The numbers under each Regi represent how many colors are on them. I was surprised at some of the results.

Critique and Comment.

P.S. "Right" negatives, as I like to call them, involve taking the negative colors and applying them in such a way that it had the same shading as the original. Plus the outline isn't screwed up.
I once tried that when I was just starting out. Looked horrible, 'cause I did it wrong.

Glad to see everyone's taken a likin' to Roserade 2.0.

EDIT: ...edited it. :P

Finally decided to start working on this again. I don't see how some people can actually sit through doing this!! Whoever makes sprite fusions officially has my respect.
Don't know if I'll ever finish this, but IMHO it looks much better now.

Ahh, much clearer than the last one. It's coming along very nicely.
BTW, is this your first fusion? If it is, I recommend doing two pokemon fusions after you finish this because they're much quicker and easier than superfusions (which is what you're doing now)

Thank you. ^^
It most certainly is my first fusion. And I think I'll take your advice and stick to smaller fusions for a while...

Ghost/Grass
Intimidate/Mold Breaker
SCARROW are known to haunt villages. Many folk tales originate from those hauntings. It's thin arms surprisingly pack incredible power.
During the day, SCARROW doesn't move at all unless threatened. At night, it hunts for prey, from which it will drain life energy. It is empowered by the fear of it's opponents.
SCARROW is highly intelligent, and although it hunts alone, on some occasions, many might gather in a pack, forming an alliance, albeit only temporarily. A SCARROW rarely attacks another of it's kind.

Base Stats:
95/125/80/50/100/30

HS. Fire Punch
HS. Ice Punch
HS. Thunder Punch
-- Astonish
-- Leer
-- Leech Life
Lv 6 Howl
Lv 8 Pound
Lv 11 Growl
Lv 13 Absorb
Lv 17 Confuse Ray
Lv 21 Pursuit
Lv 24 Night Shade
Lv 27 Worry Seed
Lv 34 Shadow Sneak
Lv 36 Scary Face
Lv 38 Shadow Punch
Lv 45 Needle Arm
Lv 49 Destiny Bond
Lv 54 Seed Bomb
Lv 61 Perish Song

Mastadi, energy is unnecessary on pokemon sprites, so i'd remove the energy on the left hand. The outlining of his clothing is too thick. The length of his right arm and the shape at some points seems to be inconsistant and unnatural. his left arm is supposedly cocking back for a punch, but as you can see with the length it comes forward, his upper arm bone would to have been much shorter than the other arm and unnatural.
the outlining on the pants is a bit inconsistant. The mouth would look good as a sewn smile.
That's the only stuff that's bad about it.
I like this shading, Your style of spriting could go far as to entertain, and you executed the concept pretty well, although couldn't you include just a little bit of straw?

Here's the vineless Roserade. It looks better, IMO. I'm actually glad I did that.

Comments and Criticisms are welcome.

@Mastadi: DD beat me to it, I was going to say about the same thing. Good job, otherwise. I wish I could come up with more fakemon ideas myself. Believe me, I only even think about spriting the good ones, which are only about 1/4 of my ideas...

The arm leading to the red rose thingy looks unaturally thin.

That's all I can see wrong with it.

BTW, I did some more "right" negatives. I'll upload 'em later.

And when this thread is deleted I'm gonna lost like 100 posts >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)