Suspect 3 Nomination Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Swagplay
2. Sturdy + Berry Juice

If Murkrow leaves the meta, it's not Meditite that will dominate imo but Misdreavus, and I don't want that. There are Pokémon that are better than the others overall, just like in any tier, and Murkrow is just one of them (you must have a counter to it OR be smarter than you're opponent, just like you must have a counter to Fletching, to Scraggy (if you don't have a fairy and it manages to get ONE DragonDance, you're done), etc...).

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Here's the complete voting as of Acedia's post:

Murkrow: 164
Prankster + Swagger: 8
SturdySmash: 6
SturdySmashJuice: 1
Meditite: 75
Swagger: 64

Poliwag: 3
Cubone: 3
Swagplay: 8
Male Combee: 2
Parafusion: 8
Prankster Parafusion: 7
SturdyJuice: 44
Carvanha: 4
Berry Juice: 33
Knock Off: 30
Misdreavus: 14
Murkrow + positive speed nature: 4
Cubchoo: 1
Shell Smash: 1
Caterpie: 1
Speed Ties: 2
Eviolite: 2
Pure Power: 3
Confusion: 3
Sticky Web: 1
Pawniard: 1
Drought: 1
Spritzee: 1
Al_Alchemist: 9999999999999
Small Children: 1

1. Murkrow- this bird is OP as fuck for every reason. It can go mixed, physical, swagplay, parafusion, subthief, and it stat spread along with it's dominant flying typing is too good. It restricts team building forcing you to run a chinchou, lickitung, or aron, or anything that can take a hit from it.

P.S. people need to realize that there is no point of having Murkrow and parafusion/swagplay/swagger/ varients in your vote, as Murkrow defines the effectiveness of those B.S gimmicks.

Last edited:
Here's the complete voting as of Acedia's post:

Murkrow: 164
Prankster + Swagger: 8
SturdySmash: 6
SturdySmashJuice: 1
Meditite: 75
Swagger: 64

Poliwag: 3
Cubone: 3
Swagplay: 8
Male Combee: 2
Parafusion: 8
Prankster Parafusion: 7
SturdyJuice: 44
Carvanha: 4
Berry Juice: 33
Knock Off: 30
Misdreavus: 14
Murkrow + positive speed nature: 4
Cubchoo: 1
Shell Smash: 1
Caterpie: 1
Speed Ties: 2
Eviolite: 2
Pure Power: 3
Confusion: 3
Sticky Web: 1
Pawniard: 1
Drought: 1
Spritzee: 1
Al_Alchemist: 9999999999999
Small Children: 1
Id be happy if these were the 3 suspect tests. Not really sure why people want to ban SturdyJuice though. Run Rocks or Spikes and then the entire strategy is broken.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
1) Murkrow

Why you ask? Because it forces you to run Chinchou to counter it. Even though it has a fairly hard counter, that's still overcentralizing the meta.

2) Swagger Confuse Ray Status moves that will (as long as they hit) always always cause confusion aka Confuse Ray, Swagger, Supersonic, Lovely Kiss, Flatter, and Teeter Dance

Why you ask? First because I saw like 7 times more confuse ray krow than swagkrow, and several other confuse ray things including but not limited to chinchou, gastly, and duskull. Also, because I know if we only ban swagger then people are going to run confuse ray and flatter because some people are like that. Anything that makes it so that duskull can take out two Pokemon and then severely dent a third is bad for us and needs to go. So everyone go back and change swagger to "status moves that have a 100% confuse chance".

3) SturdyJuice

I used up my ranting on confusion, thank you.

1) Murkrow
2) Scraggy
3) Misdreavus

These might seem weird, but anyone who doesn't think Scraggy should be on here hasn't thought about how easily it could tear through their team if it was without one poke. DD + HJK OHKOs anything not a Ghost, and Knock Off takes care of that. Too good. Missy keeps stopping all my Zigzagoon sweeps with stupid WoW, so that's just annoying.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
1) Murkrow
2) Scraggy
3) Misdreavus

These might seem weird, but anyone who doesn't think Scraggy should be on here hasn't thought about how easily it could tear through their team if it was without one poke. DD + HJK OHKOs anything not a Ghost, and Knock Off takes care of that. Too good. Missy keeps stopping all my Zigzagoon sweeps with stupid WoW, so that's just annoying.
lmao. Scraggy is shot if any fairy types are on the opposing team which is common these days. HJK does jack shit to Snubbull or Spritzee. Also its outsped by every common scarfer at +1 (looks at meditite).

1) Berry Juice
2) Murkrow

Edit: Because someone mentioned this and another user's post responding to it seems to have disappeared, here are my reqs. I messaged blarajan and got approval to do vote/nominate. Reqs are below.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1) Swagger
2) Male Combee

I don't really think even Murkrow is broken, though it's the closest mon, I guess. Knock Off, Berry Juice, and Eviolite certainly all define the tier, but I don't see why that's bad. OU's not about to ban Leftovers just because it's so common lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)