Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

IIRC, they had mentioned this when they revealed you could do such transfers. You can only transfer Pokémon all the way from GO to Sword and Shield (without using Let's Go as a middleman of sorts) if you have that Pokémon registered as owned in those games.
Oh it's all of them, huh? Dumb.

Oh it's all of them, huh? Dumb.
Is....this their weird way of getting around the fact not all the Pokemon are available? So you can't just send Pokemon into Home and have them in prison for some x amount of time?? Kind of sucks for anyone who wanted the Mythical pokemon available in Go that they don't otherwise have.

Also, thinking on it, I assume it's doing this by Home having access to the SWSH save file so I guess you can get around this on other profiles so long as the one doing the transfer has it?

e: Oh its specifically a check that Home does on the Go pokemon. I thought it was a different sort of check system
That is...somehow dumber!

Assuming it maybe get patched later akin to Hydro Pump Drilbur (lol), someone may care to share what are the steps to have a Flamethrower/Fire Blast Alolan Vulpix? Like, what are the requirements on Go ahead of transfer?

I'm asking because I'm a noob with Go but some friends at level 40 who don't care about the main games could have such a spare Vulpix to gift me.

Wait wait wait hold on

If this applies to every pokemon, including mythicals, then does this not also include Meltan? The pokemon literally only obtainable through Go? So if you ever wanted that Pokemon you HAVE to either:
-get it from someone who already has it, which outside of hacks means they had to themselves....
-get Let's Go, put the Meltan in THERE, THEN transfer THAT to Home to SWSH

And the only reason Melmetal gets around this for most people will be you get a free G-Max Melmetal through Home

Assuming it maybe get patched later akin to Hydro Pump Drilbur (lol), someone may care to share what are the steps to have a Flamethrower/Fire Blast Alolan Vulpix? Like, what are the requirements on Go ahead of transfer?

I'm asking because I'm a noob with Go but some friends at level 40 who don't care about the main games could have such a spare Vulpix to gift me.
- Have an Alolan Vulpix
- Get it to at least level 34
- Transfer

In better news:

" A new distribution has been announced for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This distribution gives a serial code to get the Mythical Pokémon Zarude, to tie in with the release of the new TCG set Vivid Voltage which contains the new Pokémon. This will run from Novembr 13th 2020 to December 13th 2020. " ~ Serebii

More Zarude distribution! Hopefully this precedes a full international release so most of us can get this thing

“It is capable of Gigantamaxing under the right conditions, such as during Max Raid Battles in the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games. You will not be able to feed Melmetal Max Soup, which is available in The Isle of Armor, the first round of content for the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass. (Note: Full version of game required to use Expansion Pass for that game. Games and Expansion Passes sold separately or in special bundle packs.)”

So, yeah, no plans to add G-Max Melmetal outside of events. Also gotta love "you can't use the expansion pass for this. Buy our expansion pass!"

“It is capable of Gigantamaxing under the right conditions, such as during Max Raid Battles in the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games. You will not be able to feed Melmetal Max Soup, which is available in The Isle of Armor, the first round of content for the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass. (Note: Full version of game required to use Expansion Pass for that game. Games and Expansion Passes sold separately or in special bundle packs.)”

So, yeah, no plans to add G-Max Melmetal outside of events. Also gotta love "you can't use the expansion pass for this. Buy our expansion pass!"
On one hand no big loss as it's illegal in VGC and the 20 minute bastardization that is cartridge OU.

On the other hand I'm just happy to finally get my weird liquid metal Evangelion.

Distribution information for normal Zarude.

Germany - Gamestop - In-Store now, Online from December 1st
Austria, Switzerland - Gamestop - In-Store now
Belgium, Netherlands - GameMania - Sign up on their website, codes sent out every Friday
France - Micromania - Sign up on their website to get a code
Portugal - FNAC Stores

Also, GO/HOME compatibility is now available for level 24+.

Here's the full distribution method list. Amazing that they're still doing the in-store-code thing during a pandemic

US, Canada, Australia, & Latin America - Through the Pokémon Trainers Club Newsletter. Sign up by November 20th to receive it in December
UK - GAME Stores (where open), GAME Online store soon
Germany - Gamestop - In-Store now, Online from December 1st
Austria, Switzerland - Gamestop - In-Store now
Italy - Gamestop Online Store
Spain - GAME retail, Online Store will add it soon
Belgium, Netherlands - GameMania - Sign up on their website, codes sent out every Friday
France - Micromania - Sign up on their website to get a code
Portugal - FNAC Stores
Sweden - Through Spelochsant or Webhallen's online portal
Ireland - Gamestop Website

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looks like the pokemon newsletter will be the US distribution method for Zarude which

sucks, actually, because despite being signed up for it i very rarely if ever get the e-mails. They don't even go into spam or promotions i just typically do not get them
I also remembered having a problem with the last event they did through the Newsletter (forgot what it was), though I contacted Pokemon.com's help and was eventually able to get it resolved (though took some back and forth giving THEM suggestions on what they could do).

I do get news update from them every once in a while (like I got the newletter from them telling me about the Zarude event) so hopefully that means I should be good (I still updated my Pokemon.com profile just in case... though watch that ends up messing something up).

- Have an Alolan Vulpix
- Get it to at least level 34
- Transfer
Thank you!

I see from the Let's Go level-up movepool that Vulpix learns Flamethrower at level 24, though: is the level calculated using Go's Ivs and Battle Points different when you transfer it (I have it available in Go, sitting at level 23, apparently)? I only need flamethrower...

Last edited:
How do I find out what level the poke will be when moved from Go? What do I need to be sure that the Vulpix would be level 34?

Thanks, so if I get this right, if the Vulpix costs 8000 dust / 10 candy to level up, it means it's level 35?
I would test-transfer a low level alola/galar mon first to see if the glitch even still works---I could swear I saw a screenshot of a support post/email on twitter claiming it was fixed (or that they were working on it) and it was still up in the air what they would do with the mons in HOME, but I cannot for the life of me find that tweet, so maybe it was a fever dream.

EDIT: I just transferred over a Galarian Farfetch'd and it came out level 21 with Leer, Fury Cutter, Rock Smash, and Brutal Swing instead of Fury Attack, Razor Leaf, Cut, and Focus Energy, so I think the glitch is indeed patched.

Every level up in Pokemon GO is 0,5 level. You can increase the level 80 times (if the lvl is 1).
If you are level 40, you can look where the point on the arc of a circle is marked, and you can quickly determine the level. The further to the right of the arc, the more you are at level 40: it's proportional

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)