Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes not being a jerk. Priority doesn't matter if the priority move doesn't scratch. He was trying to help you see that. Also, relying on luck has never been an effective strategy.

"Gee you're right, Quick attack is way better"

He was being a jerk.
I know, I see what you mean tho I shouldn't rely on luck.

Hes not being a jerk. Priority doesn't matter if the priority move doesn't scratch. He was trying to help you see that. Also, relying on luck has never been an effective strategy.
I could mention at least 5 strategies that rely on luck, starting from SwagT-Wave Klefki and Ending with with Focus Blast (70 Accuracy) or Hurricane in Sun. Though Sand-Attack needs to be used 3-4 times for the opponent to miss, it is really bad, and Psyshock is probably better than Shadow Ball because it not only hits Poison (Which is a threat) but also cripples special walls that even thought about walling you, if you encounter a physical wall just use Draining Kiss or Moonblast

So Calm mind, Subsitute, Moonblast, Psyshock? or should I replace one and in a Healing move, but if I don't I guess i could use lefties.

I could mention at least 5 strategies that rely on luck, starting from SwagT-Wave Klefki and Ending with with Focus Blast (70 Accuracy) or Hurricane in Sun. Though Sand-Attack needs to be used 3-4 times for the opponent to miss, it is really bad, and Psyshock is probably better than Shadow Ball because it not only hits Poison (Which is a threat) but also cripples special walls that even thought about walling you, if you encounter a physical wall just use Draining Kiss or Moonblast
I stand by my comment. Luck is never the best strategy. The amount of times SwagT-Wave Klefki has not worked far outnumbers the time it has, at least from the battles I have been in. I don't consider low Accuracy staple moves as luck based as hoping for a miss or a dodge via sand attack/double team, or hoping that confusion/para will work in your favor.

Now Klefki's saving grace is, you don't lose much by having him as lead. You get spikes off, spread some status, and hope that plus two you just gave someone doesn't bite you in the arse.

Psyshock does hit Poison types harder, but Shadow Ball is generally used more because of better coverage. Psychic hits Poison/Fighting hard, but Fairy also hits Fighting. Ghost hits the ever so common Ghost types like Gengar/Gourgeist/Aegislash harder, while Poison types are generally unseen, and Ghost has better neutral coverage (resisted by Dark, which Fairy covers). Not to say that Psyshock is terrible, which it isn't for hitting Special Walls harder, but people usually run Shadow Ball. It also has a handy chance to lower SpDef.

I stand by my comment. Luck is never the best strategy. The amount of times SwagT-Wave Klefki has not worked far outnumbers the time it has, at least from the battles I have been in. I don't consider low Accuracy staple moves as luck based as hoping for a miss or a dodge via sand attack/double team, or hoping that confusion/para will work in your favor.

Now Klefki's saving grace is, you don't lose much by having him as lead. You get spikes off, spread some status, and hope that plus two you just gave someone doesn't bite you in the arse.

That +2 is a reason why I don't like Swagger, It can screw you over alot.
Spikes and paralize on the other hand are decent on him. But to stay on topic, Slyveon seems pretty decent, it's typing is good, not to mention some of it's stats and decent movepool, I might give him a try.

I agree with you right on the spot, Klefki is better off as a Dual Screener or a at criplling sweepers with T-wave.

Psyshock does hit Poison types harder, but Shadow Ball is generally used more because of better coverage. Psychic hits Poison/Fighting hard, but Fairy also hits Fighting. Ghost hits the ever so common Ghost types like Gengar/Gourgeist/Aegislash harder, while Poison types are generally unseen, and Ghost has better neutral coverage (resisted by Dark, which Fairy covers). Not to say that Psyshock is terrible, which it isn't for hitting Special Walls harder, but people usually run Shadow Ball. It also has a handy chance to lower SpDef.
That is very true but Blissey can wall this set sooooooo badly that you want to rage quit if you were left alone with it, while on the other hand, Even Skarmory -the only one that could probably wall the Psyshock set- is 2HKO-ed with Moonblast after 2 Calm Minds though I see your point, Shadow bad isn't bad at all

I am currently breeding a Eevee in Black so I can get Pixilated Hyper voice. I have a Calm Father and a Modest mother, both with the Hidden ability. They both have Perfect IV's in SpA and SpD, and near perfect in HP(28-30). Speed and defence is around 20.

I want to know who I should give the Everstone to and who the Destiny knot? Do I want a Calm Sylveon or Modest Sylveon? My Planned set is:

Heal bell
Wish
Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball

I am currently breeding a Eevee in Black so I can get Pixilated Hyper voice. I have a Calm Father and a Modest mother, both with the Hidden ability. They both have Perfect IV's in SpA and SpD, and near perfect in HP(28-30). Speed and defence is around 20.

I want to know who I should give the Everstone to and who the Destiny knot? Do I want a Calm Sylveon or Modest Sylveon? My Planned set is:

Heal bell
Wish
Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball
First of all, if you're breeding in Black, Destiny Knot does nothing.

Second of all, if you're breeding in X/Y, Eevee doesn't get Hyper Voice.

Thirdly, this is not the place to be discussing breeding mechanics. Try the Simple Question/Simple Answers threads.

First of all, if you're breeding in Black, Destiny Knot does nothing.

Second of all, if you're breeding in X/Y, Eevee doesn't get Hyper Voice.

Thirdly, this is not the place to be discussing breeding mechanics. Try the Simple Question/Simple Answers threads.
Oh... I thought they had the destiny knot useage in Black... I was planning to breed in Black, they trade it to a friend who has W2 to get Hyper voice, then trade it back to me and wait for pokebank.

And it wasn't really a breeding question, it was more what nature do I want for a Sylveon with Pixilated Hyper voice?

Oh... I thought they had the destiny knot useage in Black... I was planning to breed in Black, they trade it to a friend who has W2 to get Hyper voice, then trade it back to me and wait for pokebank.

And it wasn't really a breeding question, it was more what nature do I want for a Sylveon with Pixilated Hyper voice?
First of all, if you want to breed in Gen 5, use RNG. It accomplishes in hours or even minutes what would normally take days.

Secondly, I'm not really sure what you're planning your Sylveon to be. You have Wish and Heal Bell, but you also have Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball. Without investment, Shadow Ball is going to hit about as hard as a fly hits a tank. With investment, it still fails to do much to anything neutral to it, and even some things weak to it (Shield Aegislash, for example), and if you are investing in offenses you might as well use a Calm Mind set. So...I'd personally go Protect>Shadow Ball if you want to go defensive, with a Bold nature, or Calm Mind>Heal Bell with Modest if you want to go offensive.

First of all, if you want to breed in Gen 5, use RNG. It accomplishes in hours or even minutes what would normally take days.

Secondly, I'm not really sure what you're planning your Sylveon to be. You have Wish and Heal Bell, but you also have Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball. Without investment, Shadow Ball is going to hit about as hard as a fly hits a tank. With investment, it still fails to do much to anything neutral to it, and even some things weak to it (Shield Aegislash, for example), and if you are investing in offenses you might as well use a Calm Mind set. So...I'd personally go Protect>Shadow Ball if you want to go defensive, with a Bold nature, or Calm Mind>Heal Bell with Modest if you want to go offensive.
A Random Number generator?

I was going to make her a mixed Cleric. I kinda did this with my Florges and she does decently well. She has Nature Power(for now), Aroma Therapy, Wish, Moon Blast. I was thinking a simular set could work for Sylveon, making her soak special hits and do a decent bit of attacking back. And will Shadow Ball really not hit that hard? I mean, it's still coming from a 110 SpA, so even not boosted by a nature is should hurt things.... right?

I was going to make her a mixed Cleric. I kinda did this with my Florges and she does decently well. She has Nature Power(for now), Aroma Therapy, Wish, Moon Blast. I was thinking a simular set could work for Sylveon, making her soak special hits and do a decent bit of attacking back. And will Shadow Ball really not hit that hard? I mean, it's still coming from a 110 SpA, so even not boosted by a nature is should hurt things.... right?
Shadow Ball is only useful for notable pokemon like Skarmory, Delphox, Aegislash, Victini (Future), Chandelure, Metagross, and Jirachi (Future) all with Super Effective moves, that will do better than any Fairy move, but Psyshock hits a lot more pokemons harder notably Blissey, Crobat, and Venosaur, If I were you I'd go Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice/HP Fire with Specs/LO or Wish/Protect/Heal Bell/Psyshock or Hyper Voice with Leftovers.

Not to mention without fully investment in anything your Syvleon will either die super fast or won't hit hard enough.

And isn't Moonblast better than Hyper Voice (even with Pixilate) or am I missing something?

4 SpA Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash (Shield): 45-53 (13.88 - 16.35%) -- possible 7HKO
4 SpA (custom) Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 90-107 (22.27 - 26.48%) -- possible 5HKO
4 SpA Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 65-77 (17.85 - 21.15%) -- possible 7HKO

Have fun with that kind of power.

Also RNG refers to pRNG abuse, which is used in every generation we've had datamining, which allows you to ideally get any build on any Pokemon instantly (after taking a while to set up and timing clicks, etc.). Unfortunately we don't have it in Gen 6, but GameFreak gave us other ways.

And using the Gentlemen's above calcs, here's the difference between fully investment and just some 4 SpA garbage

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 198-234 (54.39 - 64.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assualt Vest Metagross: 122-144 (33.51 - 39.56%) -- 22.53% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash (Shield): 280-330 (86.41 - 101.85%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

If you don't want to run Specs, you might as well run Calm Mind

Last edited:
Shadow Ball is only useful for notable pokemon like Skarmory, Delphox, Aegislash, Victini (Future), Chandelure, Metagross, and Jirachi (Future) all with Super Effective moves, that will do better than any Fairy move, but Psyshock hits a lot more pokemons harder notably Blissey, Crobat, and Venosaur, If I were you I'd go Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice/HP Fire with Specs/LO or Wish/Protect/Heal Bell/Psyshock or Hyper Voice with Leftovers.

Not to mention without fully investment in anything your Syvleon will either die super fast or won't hit hard enough.

And isn't Moonblast better than Hyper Voice (even with Pixilate) or am I missing something?
Hmmm, you lose coverage with Psyshock, you do raise a good point...

I was planning either 252 SpA and Rest in HP and SpD or just SpD or HP with either a Modest or Bold nature.

Pixiliate turns Normal moves into fairy, but also boosts those moves by 1.3 times. so Hyper voice after that and STAB becomes a powerful 175 BP move, while moonblast with just STAB is 142 BP. Plus Hyper voice goes through Subs.

4 SpA Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash (Shield): 45-53 (13.88 - 16.35%) -- possible 7HKO
4 SpA (custom) Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 90-107 (22.27 - 26.48%) -- possible 5HKO
4 SpA Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 65-77 (17.85 - 21.15%) -- possible 7HKO

Have fun with that kind of power.

Also RNG refers to pRNG abuse, which is used in every generation we've had datamining, which allows you to ideally get any build on any Pokemon instantly (after taking a while to set up and timing clicks, etc.). Unfortunately we don't have it in Gen 6, but GameFreak gave us other ways.
And using the Gentlemen's above calcs, here's the difference between fully investment and just some 4 SpA garbage

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 160 SpD Metagross: 236-278 (64.83 - 76.37%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 160 SpD Assualt Vest Metagross: 138-164 (37.91 - 45.05%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If you don't want to run Specs, you might as well run Calm Mind
I would run most likely, regardless of the nature, use 252 in SpA so she could attack... but that is surprising at the little damage I do to MetalGross. Still... do you REALLY want to stay out against a Metalgross? Jirachi you MAY want to try to fight. Aegislash doesn't run steel moves much from what I see(mostly Kings shield, swords dance, shadow sneak, and sacred sword for great coverage) I think Sylveon could take a boosted Shadow Sneak, and hit back with a Shadow ball.

Ah. I never used any of that before... just bred and captured and hoped for the best, haha. I should look into that

Hmmm, you lose coverage with Psyshock, you do raise a good point...

I was planning either 252 SpA and Rest in HP and SpD or just SpD or HP with either a Modest or Bold nature.

Pixiliate turns Normal moves into fairy, but also boosts those moves by 1.3 times. so Hyper voice after that and STAB becomes a powerful 175 BP move, while moonblast with just STAB is 142 BP. Plus Hyper voice goes through Subs.

I would run most likely, regardless of the nature, use 252 in SpA so she could attack... but that is surprising at the little damage I do to MetalGross. Still... do you REALLY want to stay out against a Metalgross? Jirachi you MAY want to try to fight. Aegislash doesn't run steel moves much from what I see(mostly Kings shield, swords dance, shadow sneak, and sacred sword for great coverage) I think Sylveon could take a boosted Shadow Sneak, and hit back with a Shadow ball.

Ah. I never used any of that before... just bred and captured and hoped for the best, haha. I should look into that
This is the Sylveon I run

96+ Atk Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 146-174 (40.22 - 47.93%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
While if Metagross has no investment in SpD or in HP you could OHKO.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 280-330 (86.41 - 101.85%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

While I do run 252 HP / 252+ Def, I also Run Calm Mind so after 2 CMs investment in SpA won't matter than much + I have reflect to Survive whatever I want. And Psyshock leaves your Sylveon almost impossible to wall

And thnx for the clarification.

This is the Sylveon I run

96+ Atk Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 146-174 (40.22 - 47.93%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
While if Metagross has no investment in SpD or in HP you could OHKO.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 280-330 (86.41 - 101.85%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

While I do run 252 HP / 252+ Def, I also Run Calm Mind so after 2 CMs investment in SpA won't matter than much + I have reflect to Survive whatever I want. And Psyshock leaves your Sylveon almost impossible to wall

And thnx for the clarification.
Hmm, interesting. What nature? Also, whats your 4th move? Wish? Heal bell?

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Metagross outpaces sylveon and will go for Meteor Mash over Bullet Punch.

The set I've been running on Sylveon that's giving me a bit of success is actually a CMWishpasser .

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

If pixelate with hypervoice does more I'll obviously switch to that. It's pretty sturdy on the defensive side so all you need to worry about is getting up a few CMs. It does take some time to get set up, so you need to know when's a good time to start setting up. I used it to BP to MegaManetric which is a very underated mega. Baton pass is a great move in itself. It gives you great momentum and you can get a lot of knowledge if they bring in certain pokemon to deal with your sylveon. Definitely something you should try out.

Psyshock for just some unpredictable-ness so that makes it CM / Reflect / Draining Kiss / Psyshock (Often replaced by Shadow ball), and Bold Nature
That certainly is a different type of moveset. Very interesting... I think I may want a little extra oomf in my attacks, so may use a Modest Nature instead(since I will be using Hyper voice.) Calm mind plus draining kiss is actually a decent combo for healing.

Though... maybe Heal Bell is not needed? I don't know. I may test my Set with Heal bell and Wish with Hyper voice and Psyshock/Shadow ball at first, just to see, but may switch to a Calm mind set later.

Metagross outpaces sylveon and will go for Meteor Mash over Bullet Punch.

The set I've been running on Sylveon that's giving me a bit of success is actually a CMWishpasser .

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

If pixelate with hypervoice does more I'll obviously switch to that. It's pretty sturdy on the defensive side so all you need to worry about is getting up a few CMs. It does take some time to get set up, so you need to know when's a good time to start setting up. I used it to BP to MegaManetric which is a very underated mega. Baton pass is a great move in itself. It gives you great momentum and you can get a lot of knowledge if they bring in certain pokemon to deal with your sylveon. Definitely something you should try out.
Yeah I doubt Sylveon would ever want to stay in on a metagross.

Seems like a bunch of people like Bold.. Does a Bold nature with Full HP and Def EV's really add up? Don't you further want to boost that monsterous SpD, or is the HP enough for that? I mean, I have time to decide... but I wonder if I want more power of more survivability... I was thinking, if i did my Heal Bell, Wish, Hyper Voice, Shadow ball/Psyshock, I would use a modest and go 252 in SpA and rest in H and SpD to make her a Special Wall+ cleric, just like my Florges is on my current X team. She takes special hits like a champ, but physical hits bring her down quickly...

That certainly is a different type of moveset. Very interesting... I think I may want a little extra oomf in my attacks, so may use a Modest Nature instead(since I will be using Hyper voice.) Calm mind plus draining kiss is actually a decent combo for healing.

Though... maybe Heal Bell is not needed? I don't know. I may test my Set with Heal bell and Wish with Hyper voice and Psyshock/Shadow ball at first, just to see, but may switch to a Calm mind set later.

Seems like a bunch of people like Bold.. Does a Bold nature with Full HP and Def EV's really add up? Don't you further want to boost that monsterous SpD, or is the HP enough for that? I mean, I have time to decide... but I wonder if I want more power of more survivability... I was thinking, if i did my Heal Bell, Wish, Hyper Voice, Shadow ball/Psyshock, I would use a modest and go 252 in SpA and rest in H and SpD to make her a Special Wall+ cleric, just like my Florges is on my current X team. She takes special hits like a champ, but physical hits bring her down quickly...
It's really your choice, if you are going Singles and happen to have a physical sweeper you're dead while not when you have 252 HP / 252+ Def which are a lot of defense + Reflect, SpD only needs 4 EVs b/c of Calm Mind in my case, while draining Kiss is a very decent move to heal, the amazing power of Hyper Voice is better, especially if it breaks though sub. Though I'd couple it with Psyshock so I won't be stopped by Venosaur / Blissey etc.

A set I've been using lately. You can argue that Clefable does it better but I like Sylveon

Sylveon @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
~ Calm Mind
~ Moon Blast
~ Shadow Ball
~ Wish / Substitute

This set allows you to setup on Special Attackers, Special and Physical walls. Moon Blast / Shadow Ball aim for neutral coverage.

With 252/252/4, with 252 in HP and 4 in SpA, and the other 252 in a defense stat:

252 Def:
Physical bulk: 394 HP, 251 Def (98894)
Special bulk: 394 HP, 291 SpD (114654)

252 SpD:
Physical bulk: 394 HP, 161 Def (63434)
Special bulk: 394 HP, 394 SpD (155236)

Let's compare it to the bulk of 4/252/252 Bold Blissey:
Physical bulk: 652 HP, 130 Def (84760)
Special bulk: 652 HP, 369 SpD (240588)

You can't beat Blissey special defensively, but you at least don't want to have Blissey-level physical bulk (or even worse!).

A set I've been using lately. You can argue that Clefable does it better but I like Sylveon

Sylveon @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
~ Calm Mind
~ Moon Blast
~ Shadow Ball
~ Wish / Substitute

This set allows you to setup on Special Attackers, Special and Physical walls. Moon Blast / Shadow Ball aim for neutral coverage.
This kind of sets I hate, you are WALLED utterly by special pokemons, namely Florges, Sylveon, Mega Blastiose, Blissey (omg Shadow ball doesn't do even 1%) going for Wish you'd easily be 2HKO-ed by a lot of things if you don't Protect, going for Sub you don't have a healing move and you fail as a wall. Sorry but this set, I don't see t balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)