Team Annoyance

This is not your regular team. This team is obviously built for pure annoyance while building a somewhat strategy. Once all pokemon are either trapped or screwed over by plans my late game will come in and sweep.
The Team from a glance
Rotom, Magnezone, Dugtrio, Regice, Gliscor, Deoxys-S

The team status!!

Lead:

Rotom@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability:Levitate
Evs: 252 Special attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
~Thunder Bolt
~Shadow ball
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Trick
This thing works most of the times as a lead if not it can be brought in later in the game. Switching into special walls and giving them your choice scarf ruins there plans and you still get decent attack power after the switch. If really needed this thing can outrun other scarf variants for maybe to put some damage in there. The whole point of him is to screw over a wall and maybe gets some helpfull items in the process.

Magnezone@Leftvers
Modest nature
Ability:Magnet Pull
Evs: 172 Hp/ 252 Special attack/ 84 Speed
~Thunder Bolt
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Substitute
~Magnet Rise
Bye Skarm! Well even if you dont see Skarms so much say bye to most steel types. When in on a Bronzong I can either Sub up predicting the Hypnosis or Magnetrise giving almost no chance to kill me. Only other steel threat to this thing really is Lucario but I have other mons for him.

Dugtrio@Choice Band
Jolly nature
Ability:Arena Trap
Evs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
~Arial Ace
~Pursuit
~Stone edge
~Earth Quake
Lol its a trap! No sucker punch? You must be crazy! Well no not really. Having pursuit over Sucker Punch gives me the availability to still give some damage on outgoing mons predicting the Sucker Punch. Hitting Gengars, Azelf, and any other sweeper that gets hit hard y Sucker Punch will find out how hard pusruit will hit it also. It obviously will not kill 100% of the time but it will still do some nice damage. My favorite revenge killer in the game.

Regice@Leftovers
Calm nature
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 Hp/252 Defense/6 Special Defense
~Thunder Wave
~Ice Beam
~Thunder Bolt
~Sleep Talk
Yea a weird move set but has worked for me. This mon is purely for being a Special wall and to absorb Sleep. Thunder Wave helps the rest of the team out and my other moves are for obvious reasons. Giving it a calm nature with 6 Special Defense Evs leaves with a wopping 480 Special Defense stat still which means it easily able to survive a Spec'd Fire Blast/Flamethrower from a Salamance. Great support I must say.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Impish nature
Ability: Hypper Cutter
Evs: 252 Hp/252 Defense/ 6 Speed
~Roost
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Ice fang/Stone edge
Gliscor, the physcial wall. Packs great Defense and Hp and can hit pretty hard for a wall. Supports with stealth rock and takes physical hits others can't take. Not really much to say except for that I love this thing.

Deoxys-S@Life Orb
Hasty nature
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 160 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 96 Speed
~Ice Beam
~Psychic

~Thunder Bolt
~Super Power
After everything is hopefully set up and has been worked out this guy takes charge. With a wopping 462 Speed stat this thing out runs alot. Sweeping in late game is no big deal for this guys really unless a Scarf Chomp is let hanging around somewhere which I highly doubt will happen. This thind kills Gliscors,Skarms and even 2HKO's Blissey. Not much a team can do while this thing is sweeping.

Well listed my opinions and thoughts and I need your help for threats and such so RMT!

so im not sure if you're aware but scarf heatran 6-0s you immediately.

if anything you'd need another 2 pokemon with pressure or protect to stop tran from running through your team in literally 6 consecutive fire blasts.

edit: i am of the opinion that regice needs to go in lieu of blissey, and maybe scarf rotom for something with SR and a stable scarf infernape switchin, maybe uturn psychic twave sr uxie ?_? still "cool and less used" but works great with the team

Almost anything with fireblast 6-0s this team.
You may want to consider choice scarf adamant dugdrio to get that extra speed to pick off those fire types.
Or maybe a scarf infernape yourself would work better, it can definately take care of heatran and also switch into other infernapes under the right circumstances

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reading your Regice's individual description leads me to believe that you're using it similarily to Blissey, yet it's clearly an inferior version. No Rapid Spin support simply means that Regice can't excecute an influencial special wall figure when taking 25% of damage each and every switch-in, and more importantly you don't even have Rest. Blissey's already established capabilities regarding special walling means that she is the superior option to Regice. Therefore, I strongly suggest you remove Regice for Blissey. The moveset is up to you; Ice Beam, Seismic Toss, Wish and Softboild is a personal preference. However, Wish won't be as beneficial when your team is not specifically designed for replenishing individual's HP, so ideally either Toxic, Flamethrower or Thunderbolt should be the fourth and final choice.

I advise Sucker Punch over Pursuit, in reference to Dugtrio. You are already walking a tight-rope with Deoxys opposition, so Sucker Punch still remains the more effective option. Besides, Blissey theoretically handles any Gengar or Azelf anyway.

Regice can usually take the Fire Blast and then use T-wave to slow him down and then usually after that Duggy comes in and Eq's.

Actually in regard to the heatran regice can take a fire blast and get of a thunder wave, that means dugtrio is free to come in and EQ it to hell.

Regice may be able to take a Fire Blast, but most of them will still 2HKO so he can never switch in on these threats, especially if stealth rocks are down. This means if the likes of ScarfTran or SpecsMence can ever safely switch in and attack, your going to be forced to sacrifice something before you can deal with it. It's as Taylor said, Blissey is simply better, and thats why it's everywhere.
However, if you feel Regice must stay, replace Thunderbolt with Rest for some staying power. Then I would suggest replacing Gliscor with Donphan running Rapid Spin/Earthquake/Ice Shard/Stealth Rock. You'll miss Gliscor's Roost and Ground immunity but Regice will be able to operate a little better.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who's to say they're staying in? And if that scenario is played out early / mid-game, then you're revealing your Deoxys too soon. Choice Scarf Heatran is capable of outspeeding Dugtrio with a Timid nature, so if Heatran 2HKOs Regice and you bring in Dugtrio, then you will end up losing Dugtrio afterall. You're centralizing yourself too much around killing enemy Heatran when you can use Blissey to nulify Heatran's effect altogether; you can use the Blissey switch-in to your advantage with Thunder Wave, for example. That's what we're saying.

Alright, you know me as Mudkipz or arizonabballa10 haha.

Now to the team. You should replace your lead with a Scarfed Gengar if you want to start a Scarf user. Run it with 505 speed timid to outrun Deoxys-s and dump the rest in SAtk and HP/Attack if you want to use Explosion on it, which means uses Hasty, which might work well, unless your really into trapping Blissey with Dugtrio, in which case use:

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 52 HP/204 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

It works well as a lead and in late game. And takes out Deoxys-E since it can really hurt your team. Focus Blast will OHKO all non Careful 216 SDef 252 HP Tyranitars and will OHKO Heatran. It also has great type coverage for your team. It simply outclasses Rotom as a Pokemon and as a Lead.

Try this set for Magnezone, so you can outrun standard AgiliGross, which is 220 HP/188 Speed/100 SAtk, which gets you to 203 speed, very useful for all of the steels that are needed to be brought out.

On your Dugtrio, you should probably use Sucker Punch over Pursuit, so you can hit Deoxys with him still. Especially when Gengar outspeeds most other Gengar and Azelf. Other than that, the set is pretty standard, which is fine.

Please, use Wish Bliss over Regice, he isn't really OU walling material, trust me I tried it, he is one of the worst defensive typing in OU, as its hit by most of the used attacking types. use 20 HP/252 Defense/232 Defense, Wish, Flamethrower/Ice Beam, Protect, Seismic Toss, with a calm nature, it walls alot better.

Use Ice Fang on gliscor and your good, you need it to help with stopping Garchomp. Also use Sand Veil over Hyper Cutter, it can somewhat help with Tyranitar when its using CB, stopping the Earthquakes and lowering Stone Edge accuracy.

use Max speed on Deoxys and 4 Atk, it will work better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)