Team Equate [NU RMT]

Introduction

After so much battling in the OU Tier, I decided to try out the NU Tier. In the Tier I saw phione and wanted to make a NU Team with it (though now I figured that it wasn't useful in my team). And here's what I made. Now I love the NU Team since there's alot of pokemon you can choose from. :) Now I need help. And who better than to ask you guys? You help me before on OU and I did very good with the team. This time it's NU. :)

At a Glance

Changes will be in red...

In Depth

Persian (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Fake Out
- U-Turn
- Hypnosis
- Taunt

Comments

This is my lead. With fake out and tremendous base speed, she can ruin other leads from setting up. Fake Out to break sash or for a guarantee hit (except for ghosts), Hypnosis if other attempts to switch in a counter. Taunt to prevent setup, such as stealth rock and toxic spikes. Finally, U-Turn to get some damage and switch in for a counter. That will ruin cacturne leads. I used Life Orb for more power since it's attack is low even with a technician boost.

EV's

The EV's are obvious. 252 for attack and speed and 4 EV for HP whatsoever.

Problems

I have no problems with using Persian. He's does his job and that's all I care about. I recently also tried purugly as a lead and I like it too because it has better attack stat than persian and with thick fat.

Meganium (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 216 HP/148 Def/144 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Energy Ball
- Aromatherapy
- Reflect
- Leech Seed

Comments

My wall and supporter. I use reflect to help out the rest of my teams defense problem, leech seed and aromatherapy for support. Energy Ball is for STAB. I mainly use him because he's bulky.

EV's

HP is very important so I put 216 EV's into HP. 148 EV's for defense and 144 EV's for Special Defense (since using energy ball as the only attacking move makes it not attacking most of the time).

Problems

There's none really. Maybe I'll change Energy Ball for Giga Drain just for HP.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Ice Punch

Comments

I used to have Phione on the team but since Quagsire outclasses it mostly, I replaced it. I need Quagsire more then Politoed because of bulk. If they use a grass move, I'll switch to meganium or entei. Earthquake for STAB. Ice Punch for coverage. Curse helps raises her defense and attack to sweep.

EV's

Maximum HP EV's and SDef EV's. Curse raises her defense.

Problems

Unknown so far.

Medicham (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)

- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

Comments

My revenge killer. It's speed + scarf allows it to outspeed many of the common threats such as hitmonchan and primeape (with adamant nature). I used High Jump Kick instead of Brick Break for more power, psycho cut for stab while ice punch and thunderpunch for more coverage.

EV's

It's obvious. It's a Jolly nature for more speed.

Problems

Didn't have much problems but suggestions are always welcomed! I don't know if hitmonchan or primeape will be better though.

Skuntank (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Comments

Thanks aragonbird for the suggestion. I used to have manectric on my team as a mixed sweeper but since I have a huge espeon/gardevior weakness, Skuntank deals with the problem. "By being able to trap and kill Ghosts and Psychics like Espeon, Gardevoir, and Drifblim, you can use Medicham's STAB attacks more freely without having to worry about switching out." Quoted from your good words.

EV's

24 EV's on HP for taking hits. The rest on Attack and Speed.

Problems

I have no problems with him yet since I just added him recently.

Movie 13 Entei (U) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass

Comments

Thanks Creeper for the suggestion. "Hidden Power Ground, despite providing good coverage, doesn't really hit anything that Stone Edge can't. Hidden Power Grass will get rid of silly Quagsire and Gastrodon that think they can wall you. Life Orb will give Entei more power and priority is always a good thing to have." Quoted from your good words.

EV's

252 EV's for Attack and Speed. The rest is on Special Atk.

Problems

Unknown so far.

So...

Tell me what you think of this team. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks :)

Changes

Replaced Phione to Quagsire.
Changed Entei moveset.

Added Politoed to suggestions.
Replaced Quagsire for Politoed.
Switch Politoed back to Quagsire.
Replaced Manectric with Skuntank.

I'm wondering why you're using Phione in the first place, she seems like a random addition to the team...

I know I don't have much experience with NU, but I'm pretty sure that Rain Dance isn't very good for Entei's Flamethrower :S

I used Phione as a wall. I personally like Phione as a pokemon though no one uses it. Rain Dance allows Phione to heal from status while it rests.

And you're right. Rain Dance isn't good for Entei's Flamethrower. Maybe I might replace Phione with Politoed or something.

^This, and you could probably change TBolt to Thunder on Manectric as well as change Entei to something else. And a great advantage to using Meganium is Synthesis, which isn't helped by the rain either.

To be honest, if you want to use Phione you need to base your team around it. Either go Stall or go Rain. Both are usable in NU, but I'd lean towards rain as there are quite a few Rain sweepers at your disposal.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but the rest of your team doesn't synergize with your star player. I like the idea of using Phione, though.

I'm wondering why you're using Phione in the first place, she seems like a random addition to the team...

I know I don't have much experience with NU, but I'm pretty sure that Rain Dance isn't very good for Entei's Flamethrower :S
This. If you're walling, why not run Dewgong over Phione? He gets the same cool ability, but much better defensive stats (admittedly with a weakness to fighting) whilst running exactly the same set. When there's so much Rain about, I'd also advise running Thunder on Manectric, since it has perfect accuracy in the rain.

^This, and you could probably change TBolt to Thunder on Manectric as well as change Entei to something else. And a great advantage to using Meganium is Synthesis, which isn't helped by the rain either.

To be honest, if you want to use Phione you need to base your team around it. Either go Stall or go Rain. Both are usable in NU, but I'd lean towards rain as there are quite a few Rain sweepers at your disposal.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but the rest of your team doesn't synergize with your star player. I like the idea of using Phione, though.
Thank you for the advice. That's going to use alot of work though. I might just forget Phione and use someone else. I'm not interested on making rain dance teams. I thought I could use phione well but I guess not. Luckily, they're other pokemon I can try to use to replace it.

This. If you're walling, why not run Dewgong over Phione? He gets the same cool ability, but much better defensive stats (admittedly with a weakness to fighting) whilst running exactly the same set. When there's so much Rain about, I'd also advise running Thunder on Manectric, since it has perfect accuracy in the rain.
Thank you for the advice also. Dewgong fears Stealth Rock damage. I wasn't expecting rain dance to do much lol. I might try using a SDef Politoed instead of Phione since Politoed could heal status with refresh and has water absorb. Then I could use Entei without a problem.

Pretty solid team.

Phione isn't bulky enough to be a suitable wall imo and is also a bit random. Quaggy's a much better bulky water type thanks to its arguably better typing and greater physical bulk.

I think Entei would do better with this set:
Adamant
Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-ExtremeSpeed
-Hidden Power Grass

Hidden Power Ground, despite providing good coverage, doesn't really hit anything that Stone Edge can't. Hidden Power Grass will get rid of silly Quagsire and Gastrodon that think they can wall you. Life Orb will give Entei more power and priority is always a good thing to have.

When I think of more things, then I'll post another reply. :)

Thanks for the advice Creeper. Yes maybe quagsire is better, the curse set will help out more than phione's defense does. I will definitely put that to use. And thanks for the Entei set, the extremespeed looks good too. I'll use that too. :)

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I second Creeper's set.

Instead of Quagsire, however, I suggest Politoed.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- HP Grass
- Encore

Basically helps Entei get in better.

Thanks for the advice gary. I might try switching politoed and quagsire. Politoed has a very good special defense while it can also be support if I change it's moveset. Maybe I change encore and HP Grass for Hypnosis and Toxic.

A Curse or Stockpile quagsire could be good but taunts and criticals hit can ruin it. Therefore I'm not sure.

The Primeape set is good but I like Medicham better since it can hit fighting type pokemon with psycho cut.

*I changed back to Quagsire again.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Ice Punch

Using Recover on a set upper makes your setupper about 70% more beatable, try rest over recover, prevents you getting toxistalled to hell, because you can just sit there using rest and healing youself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)