Monotype Team Fairy

I have a bit of a problem with the Fairy-type. Not with the type itself. Its creation surely has helped balacing the advantages of the Dragon type, the lack of offense of the Steel-type, and given Poison-type some relevance.
My problem with the Firy Type resides in the construction of a team comprised solely by pokémon that belong to it. In multitype teams, Fairy-types have a clear role and position. My Fairy type temas are always too fragile and do not seem to have stamina for a whole run. I hope someone can help me with this.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough

Mawile is my all-round attacker. Aided by its mega evolution and ability, its attacks always shine and with Sucker Punch it can almost always score a fast hit. Play Rough packs a punch and Thunder Punch and Fire Fang are coverage options.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Zen Headbutt
- Air Slash

I fell in love with the Serene Grace strategy a long time ago. It is not the noblest or most reliable of tactics but it is devious and elegant. Air Slash and Zen Headbutt have a flinching chance that is double thanks to Togekiss ability and the opponent's attacks are even more rare after Thunder Wave. Roost is a reliable recovery move.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon

Magearna is a counter measure to Poison types, since its own Steel-type makes it immune against them. Volt Switch gives Magearna moblity, Aura Sphere always hits, Flash Cannon is a good stab and Fleur Cannon is a heavy hitter. All of them are offensive moves so Assaut Vest is a valid option.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Scald

Tapu Fini is a Water-type, which is almost always a good additon and can use Taunt to shut down defensive strategies. Calm Mind boosts both its special attack and defense. Moonblast is a sta and so is Scald with theadvantage of causing burn.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Horn Leech

As a Choice Band holder, Tapu Bulu has one purpose: hit hard. The moves were chosen for coverage and damage. I prefered Zen Headbutt due to its flinching chance, Horn Leech because of HP recovery, and Stone Edge and Megahorn due to their impact.

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Koko is another option with mobility. Since Magearna has Volt Switch, I chose U-turn so at least one of them has the possibility of using the move against Ground-types. Hidden Power [Ice] is another counter measure against Ice- and Grass-pokémon. Dazzling Gleam and Thunderbolt are stabs.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Magearma and Mega Mawile are banned from Monotype. Try looking at the monotype forum, viability rankings and sample teams for building and learning the tier. For now here is the stamdard fairy team.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Spikes

Gl learning monotype :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)