Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

oh gosh i just had the best few rounds of dustbowl where i went medic and started coordinating things and we won a bunch and yesssssssss. then the server started crapping itself :( oh well.

protip i guess: to be pro medic, use voice chat. ask uber targets if they have ammo. ask useless engies/spies nicely to please go combat classes, especially when the first round lasts less than a minute. find sentry farm, yell for demoman. if a sniper sneaks up the back alley, ubersaw that shit.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pro Medic Tips: Find a decent demo and make sure to absorb sentry shots as you run in(and then precede to watch yourself ragdoll across the map as 3 sentry rockets hit you and send you flying to the worst corner in the entire map)

Also I just want to say that I'm pro at cp_orange_x3 (as seen below)
XD

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah shotguns that use metal have been begged by everyone on the fourms.

I am most excited for the feasible alternate to the wrangler. While I do love I tended to stop using, I can see this assisting my abiltiy to survive.

I almost had the impluse to just go and pre-order the game, but I'm sure I can just craft these lovely Engi toys. Also the Sniper weapon might just be the perfect way to sidegrade a sniper rifle I have ever seen.

OHMYGOD

ENGINEER WEAPONS

FUCK YES

VALVE I LOVE YOU

That shotgun looks cool. Not too sure about the secondary, but hey, it's hard to make something more broken than the Wrangler. Sniper Rifle looks cool, and the new Spy pistol looks BADASS.

And that new Spy hat looks really damn cool too. Shame I'll never wear it, since I don't feel like switching between it and the Fez when I'm not going Saharan.

I love you Valve.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just crafted the two engi weapons and here are my first impressions:

Widowmaker: Doesn't fit my playstyle of Engi, where I would shotgun anything no matter how far away it was if I wasn't near my sentry. Most of the time you will only have one shot if you are running around trying to heal your machines (sans turtling of course).

Short Circuit: Seems useful, it's hard to tell the area of people I am able to protect, if they did it like the buff banner items it might be better. I'm sure once a guide on the TF2 wiki comes up I'll be able to use it better.

The metal use on both items is rather annoying I'd rather they be 50 and 25 respectively so some more shots can be fired off. But I'm sure the redneck engi who goes point blank on enemies running right up to them will be very fun. I can imagine Widow/pistol/Gunslinger could be very combat effective. My main loadout will probably stick to Shotgun/SC/Jag with the wrangler coming in when necessary.

short circuit loses usability points for me because the wrangler's shield already exists and i have no qualms about being overpowered, i'd like it if i were tanking near a dispenser but it's just too much more effort and you have the chance of destroying friendly stickytraps by your nest ;/

what it needs is a range, damage, and ammunition similar to an uncharged shot from the Clone Pilot's Zapper in SWBFI :V

counterintuitive shotgun - if you are close enough to shoot someone for more than 60 ie to refund the shot you are close enough to die

it is, however, probably marginally better for combat engi with the gunslinger and wrangler

Just tried out gunslinger engie with new engie gun: it is glorious. Just needs a slight buff to 50 metal per shot and everything will be perfect. Never use it with the pistol replacement, though. Use one or the other, but never, EVER at the same time. if you run out of metal, you're left with the gunslinger, unable to shoot or deploy a minisentry and effectively defenseless. Short Circuit needs to be used to defend sentries and yourself from rockets and grenade spam. About to try out new sniper rifle, it sounds good.

I got the Spy's Diamonback just a few minutes after reading that link xD
I like it '-' specially on Capture the CPs maps when I'm sapping sentries most of the time, free crits are always welcome
I want the new Sniper riffle :I

counterintuitive shotgun - if you are close enough to shoot someone for more than 60 ie to refund the shot you are close enough to die

it is, however, probably marginally better for combat engi with the gunslinger and wrangler
While I really like the new shotgun, I disagree that this is the place to use it. I see it as being good for the support Engineer, the kind who sets up a little base with a level 3 tele exit and a level 3 dispenser, with a level 3 turret in a nearby choke. Those Engineers are always sitting around with full metal and could really take advantage of the no-reload when spamming to get a Spy.

I use the Frontier Justice/Gunslinger combo for offensive Engineer; I can go through multiple mini-sentries in one life and get up to 10+ revenge crits, then go kill two or three enemies, sometimes cap the point. It's very effective. I would not want to switch to a gun that uses up precious metal instead of getting tons of free crits.

New sniper rifle is the bomb. It looks slick, it sounds amazing on full charge, and the kill icon/sound effect for multi-kills is amazing, although you have to be moderately close or the be the victim to really hear it well. I find it works best with SMG, otherwise you are such scout bait it isn't even funny.

It's really, really good. Only real downside (because come on, tracer rounds aren't that much of one), is that you can't plug away at people without a scope who are covered in jarate, which is a sizable drawback. Jarate is great even if you can't rely on noscoping, but, again, I recommend running SMG with this.

My brother sent me the revolver and the shotty, but I haven't really used either yet. He said both seemed pretty meh compared to Enforcer(or Amby if you are using default watch) and compared to default shotty.

I'll have at them soon enough. I haven't heard much at all about the Short Circuit.

might be because it's not a tactical fps game
I'm pretty sure i realize that, what i said just came out the wrong way. I'm used to tactical fps games, and when i played this game, i was quite lost, the characters confused me a bit, and i didn't fully understand the objective of the game.

A few weeks later, I'm starting to get the hang of the game, and it's becoming a much more enjoyable game.

this is old as hell but did the original make soldier click better for anyone else? all of a sudden i can juggle people a little bit better. i'm still no pro, but it definitely feels more intuitive. i can even crouch rocket jump finally !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)