Team I made in school today! It seems like it would work!

1. Floatzel.
Nature: Jolly
@ Leftovers
EVs: 40hp, 252def, 212spe.
Moves: Waterfall, Taunt, Bulk Up, Baton Pass.

This Floatzel has 1 move that takes care of the 3 things I have had considerable trouble with in the past. SkarmBliss (among other walls), Ninjask starter baton passes, and getting time to get in a stat boosting move of any kind. The move, is Taunt. Also name suggestions would be nice too.

2. Ifrit (Moltres).
Nature: Modest
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 sp.attack, 100hp, 100def, 52 sp.def.
Moves: Agility, Flamethrower, Air Slash, HP Ice.

This Moltres is one of the most dangerous things I've ever thought up, sacrificing(?) speed for more durability and boosting said minimum neutral speed to damn near 500 with a single Agility, which outruns max speed, jolly, scarf Garchomp and OHKO said Garchomp with HP Ice. Air Slash, after an agility, will be the primary move, as 500 speed outruns every (legal) non scarfed pokemon in the game not named Deoxys Speed Form, and it will be able to take advantage of that 30% flinch rate with said 500 speed. This Moltres also combos with Floatzel very well, as someone tries to use a grass move on Floatzel, baton pass the defence boosts to Moltres, making him even harder to take down.

3. HeebyJeeby (Claydol).
Nature: Relaxed.
@ Leftovers.
EVs: 252def, 140sp.def, 112sp.attack, 4hp.
Moves: Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, Earth Power.

As with any Pokemon Trainer that has a Pokemon 4x weak to Stealth Rocks combined with how widely it's used, a Rapid Spinner is required. But that's not its only purpose. Cosmic Power improves its tanking capability, and combos well with Floatzel, should anyone try to fry my little weasel friend with an Electric attack would be getting a defence-passed Stealth Rock set up in their face.

4. Lucario.
Nature: Adamant.
@ Life Orb
EVs: 252attack, 252spe., 4hp.
Moves: Close Combat, Swords Dance, Extreme Speed, Crunch.

Lucario has many purposes, this one in particular is switching into a Stone Edge or Rock Slide intended for Moltres, scaring the living shit out of said Tyranitar with the threat of the important question: "Will it Swords Dance, Close Combat, or something completely different?" The answer is reliant on luck, and I (generally) own when it comes to luck. The good thing about Lucario and Moltres is that they combo almost PERFECTLY with eachother. Everything Moltres is weak to (barring Water) Lucario resists, and everything Lucario is weak to Moltres resists, (including a very nice immunity to Earthquake).

5. Shaymin.Nature: Calm.
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252hp, 252sp.def, 4spe.
Moves: Aromatherapy, Rest, Energy Ball, Grasswhistle.

As with any team, status is very annoying and can possibley ruin an entire strategy, whether it comes to burn, freeze, sleep, poison, or paralysis, Shaymin is sturdy enough, and strong enough to heal itself, the party its in, and put enemies to sleep with a blade of grass.

6. Electivire.
Nature: Adamant
@ Expert Belt
EVs: 6hp, 252attack, 252spe.
Moves: Brick Break/Cross Chop, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Earthquake.

The 3 times I've managed to pull off this combo on Shoddy I've gotten 6-0's out of all of them. Bulk Up pass on an Electric user (Starmie in particular) and pass the Bulk Ups on an Electric attack. Electivire with Expert Belt, +1 in attack, +1 in speed, +1 in def, along with covering 75% of the Pokemon types in the game is more dangerously effective than anything I've ever seen. Tearing things like SkarmBliss, Garchomp, Salamence (post intimidate), Gyarados (also post intimidate) in the same match to utter shreads. I've used both Brick Break and Cross Chop, and personally I like Brick Break better, because the Bulk Ups that are passed makes up for the attack power lost with Cross Chop along with being dangerously accurate. But you're rating this, so you all tell me what I should use.

A SIDE NOTE: I'd like to thank Smogon for giving me the ideas on these movesets, I just had to find some way to piece them together to my liking.

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: I have tested a few of these combos out on Shoddy, like the Bulk Up/Motor Drive activation Baton Pass on Electivire. It's just in school today, I found a way to piece together a virtually great team that compliments eachother in many ways.

THE FINAL SIDE NOTE I SWEAR: Please leave the rating of my team out of 10 at the end of your post. And before it post any suggestions you'd like to give me, and I will take them into consideration

THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYBODY :D

I would go Cosmic Power, Charge Beam, Ice Beam/ Earth Power, Rest on Claydol.

Floatzel wants Leftovers.

I would rather give Moltres Specs. With SR, she usually doesn't stay around for long.

Try a Scrappy Miltank with Heal bell, Body Slam, Curse, and Milk Drink.

In general, I don't think the team is terrible as a whole, but the movesets kinda scared me.

Then go ahead then. I personally don't see the opint of Cosmic Power if your not killing anything. use it with Toxic, at least

what would you suggest instead of Cosmic Power?

EDIT: After consulting with a few of my friends they suggest I get a Cleric Shaymin, but with Calm Nature, 252 sp.def, 252hp, 6spe. With Energy Ball/Grass Knot, Aromatherapy, Grasswhistle, and Rest. I would be replacing my Miltank with this Shaymin if this is a good idea. Is it?

I guess it's a good idea. It will resist both ground and electric. But your only ice resist is pretty frail. Weavile, Heracross, Infernape, and Mamoswine tear through your team. Also, without a grass move Swampert is your maker. Causing super effective damage on almost all of your team except Floatzel and Miltank ( Non-Hammer Arm versions) while your team can't hit back.

I'd suggest Forretress in Claydol's place.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Impish- Sturdy
252 Hp/56 Atk/200 Def
Explosion
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball

This way you have a spinner which is immune to Toxic Spikes and can be blown up when not needed any more. Once the opponent switches you can set up Spikes/TS/SR.

I'd Also Suggest Tentacruel over Floatzel for more Ice resists as well as fighting resist, and fire resists.

going back to Swampert, Energy Ball or Grass Knot on Shaymin. and I'd use Forretress if I didn't hate it with a passion ^_^ plus the 4x weakness to fire scares me. and i really like my Claydol, but I'll consider it. thanks.

EDIT: Tentacruel can't baton pass, otherwise I'd consider that too. and I really like my Bulk Up/Motor Drive Pass combo. But thanks for the advice.

Bullet Punch>Extreme Speed on Lucario. It gets STAB, so the difference in power is much smaller than what it would normally be.

Bullet Punch>Extreme Speed on Lucario. It gets STAB, so the difference in power is much smaller than what it would normally be.
Bullet Punch is resisted by Waters. And extremespeed is only blocked by the types Crunch and CC are Super Effective against.

eh. Bullet Punch has less power. and less type coverage. it hits ice, and rock for super effective. something Close Combat already does. Plus STAB'd Bullet Punch does less than Extreme Speed, 40 x 50% = 60 < 80, combined with Swords Dance double them both, it's a pretty big difference.

EDIT: dammit. beaten.

Bullet Punch is resisted by Waters. And extremespeed is only blocked by the types Crunch and CC are Super Effective against.
In my experience, while Extreme Speed is blocked by what Crunch and CC kill, Bullet Punch is good against what you need a priority move for. Two examples off the top of my head: Gengar and Weavile. An SD'd Bullet Punch has a very good chance of one hitting Gengar, and with Stealth Rocks it's guaranteed.

In my experience, while Extreme Speed is blocked by what Crunch and CC kill, Bullet Punch is good against what you need a priority move for. Two examples off the top of my head: Gengar and Weavile. An SD'd Bullet Punch has a very good chance of one hitting Gengar, and with Stealth Rocks it's guaranteed.
i see where you're going with this, but Extreme Speed would one shot Weavile anyways. probably unboosted even. Gengar is one pokemon one move deals with, whereas extreme speed deals with like, 30. last time i checked, 30 > 1.

i see where you're going with this, but Extreme Speed would one shot Weavile anyways. probably unboosted even.
Extreme Speed would not OHKO Weavile without a good amount of prior damage.

Gengar is one pokemon one move deals with, whereas extreme speed deals with like, 30. last time i checked, 30 > 1.
It doesn't matter how many more pokemon extreme speed will do more damage against than bullet punch will. What matters is what move would be better against pokemon that you need a priority move for, and bullet punch seems to be the better move when taken in this light. If you don't have Bullet Punch, a Gengar switch in (very common) will make your Lucario worthless.

Extreme Speed would not OHKO Weavile without a good amount of prior damage.

It doesn't matter how many more pokemon extreme speed will do more damage against than bullet punch will. What matters is what move would be better against pokemon that you need a priority move for, and bullet punch seems to be the better move when taken in this light. If you don't have Bullet Punch, a Gengar switch in (very common) will make your Lucario worthless.
Interesting. I see where you're coming from, if Weavile or Gengar can beat Lucario they'll pretty much tear through the rest of my team. And Bullet Punch is a guarenteed OHKO on Weavile because of the x4 weakness. and Gengar would only get OHKO'd with crunch on a well predicted switch. I'll try them both out on Shoddy. But yes, i hadn't thought of Gengar, thank you very much for your suggestions. :D

Interesting. I see where you're coming from, if Weavile or Gengar can beat Lucario they'll pretty much tear through the rest of my team. And Bullet Punch is a guarenteed OHKO on Weavile because of the x4 weakness.
Weavile is 2x weak to Steel and 4x weak to Fighting. It's not guaranteed without Stealth Rocks, but it will deal around 90% damage at least.

Weavile is 2x weak to Steel and 4x weak to Fighting. It's not guaranteed without Stealth Rocks, but it will deal around 90% damage at least.
oh yeah. for some reason I though Bullet Punch was fighting. brain fart. thanks for the correction.

Bullet Punch is the lesser move. Whilist it does hit gengar and weavile, both would mean your lucario would switch, unless you're suicidal.

Bullet Punch is the lesser move. Whilist it does hit gengar and weavile, both would mean your lucario would switch, unless you're suicidal
See, this probably comes from you not using Bullet Punch. With it, you can stay in and kill Weavile if he's even a little weak, and Gengar's dead if you have an SD under your belt.

Extreme Speed >>>> Bullet Punch

Alright, so you can ohko weaville, and still cant ohko gar, and past that its pretty much useless.
Weavile and Gengar are pokemon that are used all the time, and Gengar's an extremely common switch in, a switch in an Extreme Speed Lucario can't do anything against. Give a few examples of where Extreme Speed is better than Bullet Punch, please. The only good one I can think of is Infernape, and I can't think of why an Infernape would switch in on Lucario.

See, this probably comes from you not using Bullet Punch. With it, you can stay in and kill Weavile if he's even a little weak, and Gengar's dead if you have an SD under your belt.

Weavile and Gengar are pokemon that are used all the time, and Gengar's an extremely common switch in, a switch in an Extreme Speed Lucario can't do anything against. Give a few examples of where Extreme Speed is better than Bullet Punch, please. The only good one I can think of is Infernape, and I can't think of why an Infernape would switch in on Lucario.
Your trying to turn this around on me? Extreme Speed is the obvious better general prupose move, after gengar and weaville what is it better against? Gengar isnt a super safe switch in anyway as it cant take crunch and isnt guarenteed to ohko, even then, you can *GASP* switch out and gengar can no longer switch in because it will eat a predicted crunch

Extremely limited move you got there, but hey, 1 moveslot for 1 1/2 pokes sounds great

oh and lol it doesnt even ohko weaville who would never switch in, and gengar wow 2hko amazing

EDIT: If this cant ohko either of them, why wouldnt you just use a move that can like crunch or CC? Sounds amazingly useless to me

Your trying to turn this around on me? Extreme Speed is the obvious better general prupose move, after gengar and weaville what is it better against?
I'll admit it, there's not much. Now my question to you is, what is Extreme Speed better than Bullet Punch against?

Gengar isnt a super safe switch in anyway as it cant take crunch and isnt guarenteed to ohko, even then, you can *GASP* switch out and gengar can no longer switch in because it will eat a predicted crunch
The point is, you don't have to switch out. It's an easy kill. If the enemy gets lucky and predicts your Crunch, your Lucario could very easily end up dead very soon.

I'll admit it, there's not much. Now my question to you is, what is Extreme Speed better than Bullet Punch against?
You just really proved you have nothing beyond your previous statement. way to answer a question with a question.

It is literally better against EVERYTHING that it isnt immune to it as it has twice the base power. You realize the only thing that you gain with bullet punch is neutrality to ghost types, and the only one it has any use against is gengar. Which it cant even ohko. So you might as well crunch or predict with it. It doesnt ohko weaville either, so therefore, extreme speed is more effective.

And whats even funnier is, if your SD'ing, extreme speed >>>>>> bullet punch, as it has shitty as hella coverage and swords dance would ohko weaville anyway.

So pretty much, you are giving an entire moveslot to situationally "Countering gengar" who you cant even ohko. End of story.

Loads of things. There's the ability to OHKO Dugtrio w/o Swords Dance, and after a boost you get Azelf, Starmie, Infernape, Raikou, Tentacruel, Heracross, Porygon-Z, Jolteon, Deoxys-E, Crobat, Sceptile, Floatzel, Espeon, the list goes on. I'm pretty sure all of those are only possible with the extra 20 Base Power and Normal typing Extremespeed brings. You also still get Weavile after a boost. The only advantages Bullet Punch has is Aerodactyl, Froslass, Mismagius, and Gengar, all of which fall with proper prediction.

based on all of your statements i have to go with Extreme Speed, i mean obviously if you send out Lucario against a Tyranitar OBVIOUSLY the Tyranitar would switch out into something that is immune to close combat or resists it. Ala Gengar. So a well predicted crunch would send the grinning ghost packing, making the aforementioned Bullet Punch utterly useless in every situation except for Weavile, which after a boost Extreme Speed OHKO's anyway.

EDIT: Needs moar name suggestions.

based on all of your statements i have to go with Extreme Speed, i mean obviously if you send out Lucario against a Tyranitar OBVIOUSLY the Tyranitar would switch out into something that is immune to close combat or resists it. Ala Gengar. So a well predicted crunch would send the grinning ghost packing, making the aforementioned Bullet Punch utterly useless in every situation except for Weavile, which after a boost Extreme Speed OHKO's anyway.

EDIT: Needs moar name suggestions.
Not even for weaville, it still doesnt ohko

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)