1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Team "I shall PWN YOU" My 1st RMT. :)

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by SatiSuicune, Apr 21, 2010.

1. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Hello everybody! It is me SatiSuicune, although most people don't even know who the heck I am. I don't come here to often but I have started using this account more and more lately. I'd like to thank anyone who would help me with this team and make this team better in any way. :toast: (Changes in Red)
    [​IMG]Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock

My new lead is Gliscor, formerly Swampert. Gliscor is much better than Swampert as it helps against Scart-tar, and has more defense than Swampert, so it is a bulkier lead! Gliscor has almost always got stealth rock up and also taunt can block against slower leads trying to use Stealth Rock or Spore...

[​IMG]Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Iron Head
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Thunderbolt

This Pokemon replaces Latias, because thanks to Twist of Fate, it is able to hit those pesky Draco Meteor attacks that none of my Pokemon can usually suvive... it can also help kill +1 Gyarados and revenge kill it, Jirachi will also tie with +1 Salamence and try to kill it with Ice Punch, hopefully.

[​IMG]Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast (why, so I can get a speed boost and out speed others’ after that)
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Bullet Punch
    1st off, let me tell you that I put steadfast because if I get flinched, I will go faster than almost everything else, which is awesome! You can obviously tell what its attacks do, and Lucario is a big help with a lot of Pokémon that none of my other Pokémon can’t deal with well especially Togekiss. Lucario will usually assist Latias in cleaning up after Salamence or helping Salamence with an early game sweep. Lucario has Bullet Punch, thanks to Twist of Fate, and will surprise people with Bullet Punch and can help against scarf-tar.

[​IMG]Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 80 Atk/252 Spd/176 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)- Draco Meteor
    - Brick Break
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost

At 1st, this was a New Mixmence, but I changed it to a classic mixmence, and it works pretty well, although now it doesn't have Latias as a partner... now Salamence is much more "long-lasting" and it can now survive longer than it used too. Salamence is my main attacker on this team now, but its not usually the one who kills the most...

[​IMG]Rotom-h @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP/72 Def/188 Spd
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Overheat
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    Rotom-h is big help to me in so many ways, especially how Will-o-wisp can cripple so many Pokémon because it will get rid of tons of offensive threats. I just love Rotom-h and how it can do that. I gave it extra speed ev’s so it could out speed non Jolly Lucario and kill it off with Overheat.

[​IMG]Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    My easy way to get rid of all Ghost and Psychic Pokémon, who normally are a big pain to deal with, and Tyranitar, is also the only way to effectively get rid of Latias and those other stupid defensive threats like Rotom-A and Snorlax. I changed Superpower to EQ so I have a move that's actually worth it and does consistent damage, thank you Twist of Fate. :)

Special Thanks to:
    Itsuki for helping me with Rotom's EV spread and adding Swampert and Tyranitar into this team to make it better! Thanks Itsuki!!
  2. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

OU Offensive Threats

[​IMG] Aerodactyl - Lucario can Bullet Punch Aerodactyl and kill it off...

[​IMG] Azelf - Depends what kind of Azelf it is, but most of the time, I’ll just switch into Tyranitar and pursuit away!

[​IMG] Breloom - I have a couple counters for Breloom. Rotom can block Focus Punch entirely and Seed Bomb does almost nothing, and I’ll eventually overheat it to death. Salamence could also come in, also resisting Focus Punch and seed bomb and kill it off with fire blast.

[​IMG] Dragonite - Ice Punch with Jirachi will work perfectly well to kill this...

[​IMG] Electivire - I’ve never seen Electivire on a team before but if I ever do, I’ll just send in Salamence and kill it with Earthquake, which Salamence should be faster then.

[​IMG] Empoleon - I can outspeed this with Tyranitar and kill it off with EQ.

[​IMG] Flygon - Jirachi can hopefully outspeed it and kill Flygon with Ice Punch.

[​IMG] Gengar - TYRANITAR! Tyranitar can come in and use Pursuit, killing it even if it stays in, because Scarftar will out speed Gengar with choice scarf on Tyranitar.

[​IMG] Gyarados - Rotom-h can T-bolt this thing to death.

[​IMG] Heatran - Salamence can EQ Heatran to death.

[​IMG] Heracross - Never seen this ever in my life of competitive battling. If I ever do see this though, I can just kill it with Overheat with Rotom-h, or Will-o-wisp it, but Overheat would probably be the better option.

[​IMG]Infernape - I have no counter really, although I should eventually be able to come in with Tyranitar and kill it with EQ, although I hate when these have Vacuum Wave...

[​IMG] Jirachi - Most sets of Jirachi I can just kill off with Salamence using EQ on it.

[​IMG] Jolteon - Gliscor can come in and EQ this, while also blocking T-Bolt also.

[​IMG] Kingdra - Draco Meteor with Salamence can defeat Kingdra.

[​IMG] Latias - Tyranitar can come in, survive a surf, dragon pulse, or draco meteor, and kill Latias with pursuit when it switches out.

[​IMG] Lucario - Rotom-h can out speed it as long as Lucario doesn’t have jolly nature and destroy it with overheat FTW.

[​IMG] Machamp - Rotom-h can block dynamic punch and will-o-wisp it or just try to kill it with T-bolt.

[​IMG] Magnezone - Swampert and Salamence can defeat Magnezone with EQ. Rotom-h could also overheat and kill off Magnezone also.

[​IMG] Mamoswine - Surf with Latias, overheat with Rotom-h, fire blast with Salamence, and Superpower with Tyranitar can wipe this thing out easily.

[​IMG] Metagross - Overheat on Rotom-h or fire blast with Salamence.

[​IMG] Ninjask - Salamence could fire blast, Rotom-h could Overheat, and Tyranitar can stone edge Ninjask in 1-hit no doubt.

[​IMG] Roserade - Fire blast with Salamence, or overheat with Rotom-h…

[​IMG] Salamence - Will-o-wisp with Rotom-h, stone edge with Tyranitar, or draco meteor with Salamence. Jirachi can also Ice Punch Salamence.

[​IMG] Scizor - Rotom-h or Salamence can overheat or fire blast respectively. Scizor is not too big of a threat to this team.

[​IMG] Smeargle - Superpower or close combat with Tyranitar or Lucario respectively.

[​IMG]Starmie - Pursuit with Tyranitar FTW. Seriously, this thing can’t do much because of Tyranitar.

[​IMG] Togekiss - Lucario can handle Togekiss. Hope for a flinch hax, then get a speed boost, then kill it off with Ice punch.

[​IMG] Tyranitar - Depends, any one of these that aren’t scarftar can get killed by my Tyranitar with Superpower, other than that, Lucario can Close Combat it and hope it doesn’t have EQ or try to out speed it if I could get a speed boost from Steadfast, or Rotom could try to Will-o-wisp it and try to cripple it like that.

[​IMG] Weavile - Superpower from Tyranitar, or close combat from Lucario, Tyranitar is better because Scarf makes it faster than Weavile, always, unless Weavile has choice scarf.

Defensive Threats

[​IMG] Blissey - Close Combat from Lucario is the easiest way to defeat Blissey on my team.

[​IMG] Bronzong - Fire blast from Salamence or Overheat from Rotom-h. Of course there could be the problem that a Heatran is on that team but I’m just going to hope it isn’t.

[​IMG] Celebi - Fire blast from Salamence or Overheat with Rotom-h once again. Salamence is better though because it resists 4x Celebi’s STAB attacks.

[​IMG] Dusknoir - Tyranitar can come in and use pursuit to kill Dusknoir or really injure it and then I could use another move because I don’t get stuck to pursuit if I use it on a fleeing Pokémon.

[​IMG] Forretress - Fire blast or overheat with Salamence or Rotom-h respectively yet again. This thing has no chance to setup more than 2 spikes because it’ll die so easily.

[​IMG] Gliscor - Draco Meteor with Salamence works well to kill this...

[​IMG] Hippowdon - Will-o-wisp it with Rotom-h, or Ice Punch with Jirachi. I think I can kill this in 2-3 hits.

[​IMG] Rotom-A - Tyranitar can definitely come in and catch it with pursuit while its fleeing and kill it easy.

[​IMG] Skarmory - Fire blast or overheat with Salamence or Rotom-h respectively to kill it easy.

[​IMG] Snorlax - Because Snorlax has horrible defense, Lucario can come in and close combat it to its death.

[​IMG] Suicune - This thing can be a problem, especially when Latias is gone, but if it isn’t, I can come in with Latias and use trick on it, then I’ll switch accordingly to what Suicune does after that.

[​IMG] Swampert - I don’t have any real “counters” for this thing but will-o-wisp can cripple it from using its better attack stat moves, especially EQ.

[​IMG] Tentacruel - Tyrantiar can come in and EQ this to death...
    [​IMG]Vaporeon - Latias can use Trick and give it a stupid choice specs, especially how Vaporeon is cripple after being stuck to a move, more fun when it uses wish or maybe substitute.

[​IMG] Zapdos - I can come in with Latias and use trick on it and then continue to kill it with Draco meteor with Latias.
  3. Monjara

Monjara

Your team is very scarf T-tar Weak... he can easely revenge kill both ltias and rotom-h, lso it can stop your lucario sweep. My solution is maybe switch swampert for a gliscor which will be very effective in combo with your T-tar's SS.
  4. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Could you maybe suggest a set to do so?
  5. Curtains

Curtains

you have to choose between d pulse and draco meteor and replace your removal with thunderbolt. i would change to scarf altogether to guarantee gyarados or mence dont set up more than 1 dd .
  6. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Thanks, I shall try that out and change T-Bolt for Dragon Pulse, but next time, could you be a little more specific with which Pokemon you're talking about?
  7. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hi and welcome to smogon!

Personally Your team is a little Machamp weak especially ones that are of the Sub+3 attacks variety. They carry Payback which smash's rotom and latias and Dynamic Punch destryes Lucario, Tyranitar while Stone edge hits Salamence hard as well.

Minor nitpick but Lucario does NOT outspeed Salamence therefore it cannot KO salamence with Ice Punch. Crunch is a better option but I like Bullet Punch best as it lets you beat Scarf Tar which is becoming very good at killing Lucario lately.

Something on your team needs speed to I am also in favour in having a scarf on Latias to outrun DD'ers etc

I am also in favour on Gliscor however it could run go over Swampert and run somethig like SR, Roost, Earthquake, U-turn/Taunt (pretty much a selection from those moves, its also the Stall breaker set on smogon analysis) It checks Machamp and can also set up SR if it is going over Swampert

Have a nice day
  8. Aircraft Cemetery

Aircraft Cemetery

Hello,

I got your PM, so I'll try to help improve your team.
    This team is already quite solid and you won't have to change too much. Your Lucario is supported by your remaining team members very well, as you have a Pursuit user to get rid of pesky Ghosts, two dragons that provide excellent offensive coverage together with Lucario and two reliable supportive pokemon in Swampert and Rotom. However some threats can really become a pain for you, namely Machamp and some Dragon Dancers like Salamence and Gyarados. Swampert and Rotom are often considered good counters for the latter two but as soon as they are weakened, they can't do anything to stop them. Salamence will deal 73% minimum to Swampert with Life Orb and at +1 while Gyarados with the same boost and item will easily deal the same amount of damage to Rotom. Tyranitar, although a lesser threat, will almost 2hko Swampert at +1 without Life Orb while Swampert can't even ohko back. Also temporarily Roaring it out is your best bet against DD Kingdra, which will give you major trouble as well. Looking at these calcs and considering the fact that neither Pert nor Rotom have any sort of Recovery, I think you should definitely have a backup check for those threats. Thisnis what I would do:

Change your Latias' item to Choice Scarf. Salamence already provides you with an incredibly strong LO Draco Meteor, so I think you won't miss the power much. But having a Scarf is essential to outpace Mence, Gyara, Kingdra and many other threats even after a DD and go for the ohko with the according move. All in all this change is really necessary for you.

Aside from that there are only a few minor nitpicks I'd like to mention.

Swampert: Good set. But why don't you just max out its Defense? Taking physical hits is Swampert's main purpose and SpAtk EVs are not needed at all, so just fix that.

Tyranitar: Perfect set for your team. Superpower over EQ is okay, as CM Jirachi is less dangerous than DD Tyranitar, so it's fine.

Salamence: This set is also okay, although I would really consider Roost over EQ or Outrage. Sand Storm, Stealth Rocks and LO recoil will wear it down very quickly, so you might want to use Roost in order to stay alive a bit longer. What move you use in the last slot (along with Roost, Draco meteor and Fire Blast) is matter of preference. The options are Earthquake, Brick Break and Outrage, although the latter is no longer the best option as it will hinder Roost. You should test out whether Roost works better for you, if not your set is absolutely fine.

Rotom-H: Maybe you should try Substitute over Shadow Ball or Overheat because you will have a much easier time against Scarf Tyranitar switch ins. Overheat seems replacable as WoW will cripple everything you want to hit with Overheat as well. The reason I suggest this is the fact that two of your team members are pretty Pursuit weak, and you won't want to lose those two too early to Scarf Tar. Without Substitute you will have to predict more and hit Ttar on the switch to burn it. If something like Infernape or especially Heatran switch in on WoW instead, you can be in trouble. You will still lure Pursuits so don't worry about losing your best opportunity to use SD with Lucario.

Speaking of Lucario I really think you should drop Ice Punch. Everything you want to hit with it will almost always be faster and easily ohko you before you ever get the chance to hit them. I would suggest Crunch, as it simply provides the best coverage along with CC and ESpeed and it will kill defensive Rotom formes which your Ttar could fail to kill due to WoW. Bullet Punch is still an option, but usually Crunch will be the better choice. The only targets you want to hit with Bullet Punch are gengar and Scarf Tyranitar. Gengar should really not be a problem for your Ttar and opposing Scarf Tar are dealt with by Swampert pretty well.

I hope my suggestions helped. Good Luck
  9. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Ok thanks you, but I changed Swampert to Gliscor and it seems to be doing much better as a lead, at least from the battles I've done in Shoddy yesterday and today! I shall test your suggestions and see if it does any better. :)
  10. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Nothing on your team can switch in on a Draco Meteor, whether it be from Salamence or Latias. Something is surely dying on the Draco Meteor switch-in. Contrary to what you say, your entire team cannot kill Salamence in one hit, because it's likely to kill you first. Draco Meteor disposes of Swampert and Rotom, while EQ/Fire Blast deal with Lucario.

You need a steel-type to absorb hits from these dragons. I suggest replacing Latias with Jirachi. Scarf Jirachi would fit that spot nicely, being able to absorb a strong dragon attack and retaliate with the appropriate move. Not only this, but it can revenge-kill a +1 Gyarados with Thunderbolt / Thuderpunch, and it can tie a +1 Salamence and KO with Ice Punch (though Swampert should be able to handle a +1 Salamence fine). The only downside to this change is that you lose out on an Infernape counter, but with some smart switching you should be able to bring in Tyranitar to revenge-kill fairly easy. With Infernape accumulating SS + LO damage each turn, the revenge-kill should be simple. Because of a later suggestion I'm gonna make, I also suggest running Earthquake on Tyranitar over Superpower because you simply don't need it. Lets you handle bulky CM Wish Jirachi better also which can pose problems for this team if it has Flash Cannon.

Get rid of Ice Punch on Lucario for either Crunch or Bullet Punch. Crunch would be useful in dispensing of Rotom-H, though you already have Tyranitar for that. Bullet Punch would let you dispose of opposing Scarf Tyranitar, who can dispose of your own Rotom-H. Might be a useful element of surprise to counter the metagame. Ice Punch is useless because all Gliscor and Salamence are faster than Lucario anyway.

Because you have Sandstorm on your team, I suggest running the Classic Mixmence instead of the new one. A set of Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Brick Break / Roost maintains offensive power and recovery. In order to score the 2HKO on Blissey, for example, change your EV spread to 80 Att / 176 Sp.Att / 252 Speed with a Hasty nature so you can tie all base 100's and maintain the best mixed attacking spread.
  11. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

*Fixes the 1st and 2nd post because I changed the ways to kill the offensive threats and defensive threats, and changed my team
  12. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I have to say that though you requested a rate, this team now looks very solid, so I don't have much to say.

I see no reason not to run Thunderpunch on Jirachi. Expert belt Jirachi usually runs Tbolt so it can kill a Gyarados switching in. Intimidate, however, is not a factor here, so I suppose you may as well use Thunderpunch, as not to lower your defence.

You may also wish to consider the use of more speed Evs on Gliscor at the expense of defence, in order to improve your chances against other Gliscor. A small extra investment of 4-8 speed Evs is possible, though many players now simply max the speed on their Gliscors to avoid such mind games, so I would consider doing the same at least to guarantee a speed tie.

Given that you now have Scarf Tyranitar, Salamence, Gliscor and Scarf Jirachi, four of the best ways of dealing with Lucario, there is no need to run 188 speed on rotom. The standard 88 lets you outrun all adamant Scizor, though sometimes I find this redundant and opt for less.

Good luck.
  13. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Thanks everybody! Most all of your rates have helped me get up to 1200 CRE as of right now, where I used to be 800 CRE. :) (I'll try your suggestion jc104)
  14. Xx Addy Kins xX

Xx Addy Kins xX

Your team is really really good. I like it a lot honestly, I like what you did wit Jirachi, and I <3 your Lucario because it uses steadfast like mine and it's nice seeing that there are other people using it because honestly I'd rather benefit from something than be immune to it :D
    Anyways congrats on your team it's sick I'm somewhat jealous of it haha.
  15. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Lol, thank you, I worked on this team a good amount of my team. :D
  16. dehku

dehku

Only thing I can suggest is giving Gliscor a tiny bit more speed so you can Taunt opposing Gliscor without relying on a speed tie. I have a Gliscor lead on one of my teams and I took 12 EV's out of Def. to give him 228 speed, which should be enough as any other's who get the same bright idea will likely only add 1 or 2 points, while with these EV's you're adding 3.

Bullet Punch on Lucario is great 'cause you see a lot of Gengar. After a Swords Dance there's a 81% chance to OHKO without stealth rock damage if Gengar has perfect HP and Def. IV's [guaranteed OHKO with SR), and it's able to revenge kill later in the game when Gengar's weakened to half health or less.

Just wanted to give you that lil tidbit about Gliscor's speed, and props for using Bullet Punch on Lucario. I always have a huge grin on my face when I KO a Gengar with my Luke like that. =D
    Never thought about Steadfast but it seems like a cool idea.

Solid team!
  17. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Please? Anyone?
  18. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

I dunno what there's left to say, seeing as you've already changed 3 mons and I have no idea what the original purpose of the team even was. what you've got here is solid anyways and should win; here are some things to consider.

I think cbtar may be the better pursuiter for you than scarftar, and here's why. scarftar's big purpose and hype in this metagame is that he can revenge kill lots of stuff and kinda just be glue, which is very helpful for stall teams and the like. here, you've got solid "glue" in scarfjirachi, and your more offensive mons are not going to be as easy to set up on. I think cbtar will take you farther because the main reasons to use scarftar have already been covered by this team, while cbtar is more helpful for a few things, namely helping lucario sweep. with all the weak scarftars running around these days, physical walls love to come in on him, meaning that a choice banded hit can 2hko or cripple the only thing standing between lucario and victory, making his life significantly easier. in addition, lucario already can use bullet punch and extremespeed to defeat gengar and starmie, the two significant things scarftar can beat that cbtar can't.

I just think that a stronger tyranitar is worth some testing, since you've already got with everyone else on the team what scarftar has to offer, so you're just sacrificing power in my eyes
  19. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

OK, thanks, (and I'll stop double posting too)

EDIT: This team was 1st meant to be a balanced type team, although I think it has changed a lot since then.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)