Team Mud version "i lost count"

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Mud Intro
ok, so, a little history behind this team is that it was originally made back in around march, April, when i first got into competitive battling. i later went through tons and tons of renovations, all so i could get so much better. so many versions i went through, last i checked, i was on at least 2.5. yeah, lol. maybe you guys can help me out a bit, and feel free to ask any questions about my playstyle, etc. i generally try and be more offensive than anything, as i dislike bulky pokemon greatly, and i have tried all forms of stall and it doesn't really suit me. yes, this team has no spinner. i try and hit hard and fast, so my opponent doesnt have time to react. this is why i dont have a rapid spinner.

The record for this team in the past month and a half has been slightly above 1:1, but not above 2:1. i tend to get a little impatient and my computer is glitchy, so it might freeze or ill just ragequit. yeah, yeah, anger issues blah blah. anyways, just a quick look at the team, and you'll see their sets for what it really is :) i hope to get some good feedback, and constructive criticism, etc etc.

EDIT: right now, im laddering as Feranfellisamazing, and have been in less than 10 battles so far. my score is already at 1581
Feranfellisamazing's rating: 1502 → 1581
(+79 for winning)

O, there really is no definite team-building process for this, as it was so long ago i made it. the names have to correspond with different songs/bands i listened to during the making of this. and, last but not least, i hope to keep the general format of the team, specifically dual weather. i am thoroughly fascinated by dual weather, and have since made many teams corresponding to it, but this will always be the greatest of them. yes, dual weather works, and yes, i know how to control the weather in my favor.

TEAM MUD

DETAILS And SETS

(Owahahahahah!) Tyranitar @Chople Berry
- Sand Stream -
Sassy
252 hp/ 4 atk/ 252 SpD
- Stealth Rocks
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
This pokemon's name goes out to the band "Disturbed." every team needs a little moar Ow-ah-ah-ah-ah! An Electrolyte original, this patches up some defensive issues, while still giving me the ability to mindf*ck with latios, latias, espeon, gengar, reuniculus, etc. damn thats some good pursuit! its specially defensive capabilities are great, btw. crunch/pursuit are standard. they're my "f*cking with tools" so to speak. Fire blast was a suggestion from serebii, because ferrothorn gives me a hard time and i can hit it with that at least. gotta love that dinosaur. rocks for rocks. duh. Usually, i try and lead with it, and take care of ferrothorns, or pursuit trap some pokes. its also my rocks setter, so thats another boon. chople berry and being specially offensive allow it to take any stray focus blasts(they miss anyways) or even non-boosted fighting moves.​

(War Machine) Politoed @Leftovers
- Drizzle -
Modest
252 hp/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Perish song​

War machine. O Fuck Yeah. woot! AC*DC ftw! Tried the SpD set. didn't fit my style at all. so, i went back to the 3 attack set, because it works wonders. only this time, i chose perish song utility, because it hits everything encore did, and more. H-Pump for STAB, hp grass can check opposing gastrodon switch-ins. Ice beam gets those dragons, while max HP and max SpA leave it partially bulky, yet offensive at the same time. Perish song also allows me to check some set-up sweepers like dragonite, lucario, etc and i can switch to wobuffet to trap them. usually, thats a last resort kinda move. Toxic is used to hit mainly walls, who hope to rain on Politoed's parade, mainly Jellicent and Gastrodon. it also leaves a little parting gift to anything that i might need to switch out of.

(Wubbaffet) Wobbuffet @Leftovers
- Shadow tag -
Bold
28 hp/ 252 def/ 228 SpD
- Encore
- Destiny bond
- Counter
- Mirror coat​

Wobbuffet does its job in that it glues the team together by checking random things, like terrakion, and also fixing up the holes it can leave. its massive 190 hp stat is great in just cushioning every blow. it also forms a great psuedo-core with genesect, in the gene+duggy core. wubba is just a beast. o, it also is great on perish song trapping in conjunction with politoed, as you set up, and i can kill a major threat, while i might not need wub anymore. destiny bond is great as last filler stuff, to better take on, say, volcarona, who will just get to plus 6 while it'll kill me and die itself. evs are pretty standard evs from smogon's brainiacs, and gives it the best bulk possible, as the hp really isn't needed, but i am open to shifting everything into 252/252 hp and defense.​

(Thunderstruck) Jirachi @Choice Scarf
- Serene Grace -
Jolly
252 atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 speed
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice punch
- Trick​

This set is one of my favorites of Jirachi's. it just checks so much with its coverage moves, and iron head spam is great. a choice scarf allows me to beat a multitude of huge threats, such as +1 dragonite, any and all genesect, scarftar, and non-scarved landorus. it beats each and every one of those two, and functions like Wobbuffet in that it glues the team together. Iron head is fairly obvious, but everything else isn't as much. fire punch allows it to beat forretress, genesect, breloom, and everything else, and ice punch allows it to beat landorus, dragonite, and salamence, as well as rounding off some coverage. trick beats everything else, in that it can screw with walls, and even kill some pokemon's sweeps. examples are gyarados, volcarona, blissey, etc.​

(St. Jimmy) Landorus @Choice Scarf
- Sand Force -
Adamant
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 Speed
- Stone edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- HP [Ice]

this thing is great in sand, if i can set it up right. if i set the sand up, and switch safely, it can wreck. u-turn allows it out of any uncomfortable situation, or great for over-predicting opponents. stone edge and earthquake are great for destroying everything in its path, especially if sand is up. superpower is mostly coverage, but it does allow it to hit ferrothorn. the choice scarf allows me to beat many threats, allowing me to check genesect very well, especially weakened variants, i can just eq it. volcarona, ddgyara, and ddsalamence are all good threats that are checked, as i outspeed all and can ko all on the predicted switchin for boosting move. HP [Ice] is to mainly hit the 4x weak that generally wall landorus, and problem pokemon for my team, like ddmence, ddnite, garchomp(less of a problem), and Poison stall gliscor.

(Iron Man) Genesect @Life Orb
- Download -
Timid
4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Bug Buzz
- Rock Polish
- Thunder
- Ice beam

This thing is the shit. Literally, just spam u-turn. that's all you need to do. The Ozz-man is present in gene's name, btw. anyway, like t-tar, its fairly simple to use. Originally Magnezone's spot, with the rise of genesect i deemed it more a hinderence than anything. so, genesect replaced it, doing its job and more, by not being set-up bait. the momentum that u-turn provides is real nice, and the coverage moves allow it to clean up late game, even without STAB bug buzz. Genesect gets rid of: scizor, dragonite, ferrothorn, starmie, breloom, and more. Originally, i chose a cb set, just because the u-turn on that bitch was so powerful. but it really sucked because one of gene's greatest points is the fact it can revenge kill so easily, especially with its vast movepool. Rock Polish sets allow me a much better Hyper Offense counter, as well as something to use late game. I easily set up on Deoxys-D, as they sr and i ohko with Bug buzz after a boost.

OTHER

That Crazy Russian's rating: 1524 → 1534
(+8 for winning, +2 from bonus pool) This is my ranking on PS! had to reladder, because mom deleted cookies :/​

later on, i peaked at ~1560-1570, but i couldn't copy paste it.​

Some help in identifying specific threats would be nice. i think ive identified the most of them, but theres always something to miss. the top ones have really been addressed, but i dont know how well this team'll do against the new suspects coming in, specifically garchomp. i also wonder how it'll do against kyurem-b, but i dont have PO so......​

Generally, the biggest threat right now is rain offense. thunderus-t and keldeo rape this team, and wobbuffet is my only real defense/counter. Tornadus and ferrothorn in the rain are also pretty bad, but i can play around them. If i havent said it before, thank you for rating my team :)​

One Last Look at the Team

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Minime1164 used Hi Bump Kick!

cuz no one looks at the bottom. any feedback guys?

i also stopped laddering when i hit 1620.

i noticed while laddering i really struggle against standard defensive toed and bulky support rotom-w. any thoughts?

This is a cool team but it has way too many scarfers. 1 is usually enough, 2 can be cool, but 3 is just overkill. You will find yourself getting easily outstalled by Sub Gliscor, Torment Heatran, and things of that nature.

Anyways i think you should try Keldeo over Jirachi. Jirachi's main nitch is Wish passing and checking the Latis, but your set does neither. Lati@s is already covered by Tyranitar and Genesect anyways. The set i reccomend is the Sub+Cm set. It pairs well with Politoad for obvious reasons, and it apreciates Tyranitar removing Jellicant and Lati@s.

Also you could run Garchomp over Landorous since he is now Ou, but you will have a hard time taking ground attacks if you do that.

Keldeo@Leftovers
252Spa 252Spe 4Hp
Timid Nature
~Calm Mind
~Sub
~Scald/Hydro Pump
~Secret Sword

Minime1164 used Hi Bump Kick!
:evan:

tcr

sage of six tabs
This is a cool team but it has way too many scarfers. 1 is usually enough, 2 can be cool, but 3 is just overkill. You will find yourself getting easily outstalled by Sub Gliscor, Torment Heatran, and things of that nature.

Anyways i think you should try Keldeo over Jirachi. Jirachi's main nitch is Wish passing and checking the Latis, but your set does neither. Lati@s is already covered by Tyranitar and Genesect anyways. The set i reccomend is the Sub+Cm set. It pairs well with Politoad for obvious reasons, and it apreciates Tyranitar removing Jellicant and Lati@s.

Also you could run Garchomp over Landorous since he is now Ou, but you will have a hard time taking ground attacks if you do that.

Keldeo@Leftovers
252Spa 252Spe 4Hp
Timid Nature
~Calm Mind
~Sub
~Scald/Hydro Pump
~Secret Sword

:evan:
thanks :) yeah, i find i have a lot of times where im just in the wrong move at the wrong time. unfortunately, i couldn't really think of a way to check everything else without some serious synergy issues. keldeo seems a nice fix, as it'll grant me great assurance over volcarona, and it can still beat genesect. the main reason rachi was scarved was to outspeed and ko genesect, who is ran as a lead quite often i find. i will definitely try keldeo though. thanks for the rate :)

i'll also try out garchomp, but i dont think that it'll help as much. the dragon attacks and raw power would help, but the flying type is greatly appreciated. i had never really thought about it though, until now, lol.

and lol at your reaction.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi.

This team has a bit of a stramge format and no real goal, so I don't see much direction with it. I can suggest a couple things, but I would overall be changing the team. What I suggest is trying out bit of a different Poke over Tyranitar. That Pokemon would be Heatran who still provides Stealth Rock and gives you a great answer the Ferrothorn and other steels. It also helps check Volcarona and other sun pokes, which greatly aids your team. You also have problems with stall teams, which can easily demolish you. To help aid this problem, I suggest trying out Calm Mind Reuniclus over Landorus, which is not helping you very much in your overall goal.

For a final edit, I suggest trying Calm Mind Rain Jirachi over your current set, as Scarf Genesect already gets the job done. A set of Calm Mind / Thunder / Flash Cannon / Substitute 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def Timid @ Leftovers performs great under rain.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers | Magic Guard
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Heatran @ Air Balloon | Flash Fire
252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

Good luck!

tcr

sage of six tabs
i will definitely try out heatran, but i probably wont change it without significant results. the main goal of this team is too utilize dual weather and control the weather to your advantage. tyranitar also checks the latis reliably, as well as trapping anything and everything between genesect + wobba + tyranitar. and volca is a threat, but generally only as a lead. once sr is up, its done. reuniculus im iffy about as well. it just increases my volc weakness, as well as really doing nothing to contribute. stall teams arent that much of a problem really. the only things that really give me problems are the powerhouses of ou, haxorus, garchomp, gyarados, volcarona, thunderus-t, keldeo, etc.

i appreciate the rate though, as i will definitely try out heatran over tyranitar, if only to see the results.

Hey there nice looking daul weather team you have here!

Ok looking at this team i see a lot of redundancy with 3 choice scarf pokemon. I think especially with Wobbafett support your team would greatly appreciate some set up sweepers that can take advantage of an opponent that is Encore'd. Your team also has quite a big issue with +1 Salamence wether it be Choice Scarf or Dragon Dance Salamence. This is because it outspeeds your whole team barring Jirachi who it speed ties with. Late game when your pokemon are worn out a little bit Salamence will have an easy time picking up Moxie boosts on your pokemon. Not to mention that Tyranitar, Jirachi and Genesect are all hit super effectively with Earthqauke and Fire Blast/Fang and the rest are decimated by Outrage when Salamence gains the Moxie boosts. Another threat to your team is rain offense. With Politoed as your only resist who ironically gives your opponent boosted water-type attacks, your team will have a hard time continously finding pokemon to sponge rain attacks like Hurricane, Hydro Pump, and Thunder.

To help your team against rain i suggest Sub+CM Jirachi>Current Jirachi Sub+CM Jirachi is a great pokemon to combat rain teams due to being able to set up on alot of common pokemon found on rain teams like Tornadus-T, Politoed and once he has accumilated some Calm Minds he can wall majority of rain teams and often sweep them if they don't have a Ferrothorn. With Thunderbolt Jirachi hits alot of rain offense pokemon super effectively (Politoed, Starmie, Tornadus-T). The last coverge move for Jirachi is usually Water Pulse but seeing as this team has Tyranitar Psyshock also works in that slot. I wouldn't reccomend Water Pulse due to it's pitiful power outside of rain. You don't really miss out on anything without Choice Scarf Jirachi because you already have a great Choice Scarf user in Landorus.

Now with Landorus-T providing your team with a great Choice Scarf user and Dragon-type check you don't really need a Choice Scarf Genesect. I think your team would greatly appreciate a late-game cleaner so Rock Polish Gensect>Choice Scarf Genesect is the preffered option. With a Life Orb attatched and Rock Polish doubling it's speed Genesect turns into a very potent late game cleaner. With Wobbofett in your team you can Encore your opponent into a set up move or Toxic then either set up with Genesect or Jirachi.

To help remedy this problem to Salamence the simplest way is giving Landorus Naive>Adamant with this change Landorus can outspeed +1 Salamence letting it Ko weakend Salamence with Stone Edge. In all honesty Adamant is not a really good nature for a Choice Scarf user as it is not increasing their greatest asset speed, and it is especially bad on Landorus who has a great 101 base speed stat letting it outspeed alot of other Choice Scarf base 100's and below such as Jirachi, Salamanece, Genesect, etc. To help make Landorus a better pokemon to revenge kill dragons and give it a move to beat Gliscor Hidden Power [Ice]>Superpower is a good option. With a Naive nature Hidden Power [Ice] does not recieve a power drop and it hits Gliscor, Salamence and Dragonite for 4x super effective damage. While Superpower may be a great physical move with good offensive typing Hidden Power [Ice] is much more important given how dangerous Salamence is for this team. Another minor nitpick is on your Politoed you are running Hidden Power [Grass] now although it lets you hit Gastrodon and Qaugsire super effectively i think Politoed will be much better off with Toxic>Hidden Power [Grass] although you miss out on smashing Gastrodon and Qaugsire Toxic will still cripple both of them anyway and is just a better move in general seeing as your opponent will often switch in their weather inducer on Politoed letting you cripple them with Toxic.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Substitute | Calm Mind | Thunderbolt | Psyshock

Genesect @ Life Orb | Download
Timid | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rock Polish | Thunderbolt | Bug Buzz | Ice Beam

Tl;dr

Jirachi
.Sub+CM Set--->Choice Scarf Set

Genesect
.Rock Polish Set--->Choice Scarf set

Landorus
.Naive--->Adamant
.Hidden Power [Ice]--->Superpower

Politoed
.Toxic--->Hidden Power [Grass]

~Superpowerdude

tcr

sage of six tabs
I apologize for double posting, but i guess this is a semi-bump. i tested the team with all changes, and Superpowerdude's were the best. the submind set didn't really help though, so everything was changed excpet for that. The scarfrachi set really helps in screwing the other team up, and it also takes care of my genesect problem(without rachi). keldeo and heatran also didnt really work out, heatran mostly because dual weather is kinda the point of this team, to dominate a heavly weather-infested metagame. it was close between keldeo and rachi, but rachi won over mostly because, i have a late game sweeper, and rachi fills many roles, like an annoying little fuck with trick, and once rid of the scarf, he still outspeeds a lot of the metagame. Thanks all for your help, my mom deleted the cookies on the computer, so i lost my ranking, but laddering with these changes, i laddered to 1480-ish, after 3 battles. then i got bored and discovered frostwire and had a blast with that.

EDIT: deleted above post, so i wasnt double posting. thanks Superpowerdude, for your rate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)