Team Preview to be enabled at all VGC stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that i have noticed as the largest impact on battling is the structure of teams. If my team has a strict strategy of say : tailwind, it would be really obvious to my opponent that all he/she has to do is throw a counter to my setup pokemon and then i lose. the teams that i see working the best are those that don't need to setup their strategy. which essentially means goodstuffs. (which also get an advantage with the extra two pokes to disrupt strategy)

I like the idea of having Team Preview for oe nice strategy I've come up with. If the enemy sees you running things like Reuniclus, Escavaliar, and Ferrothorn people are gonna assume your using Trick Room, and then you use Rain Dance and it throws the enemy off, especially if they choose Chandelure thinking your gonna choose a Pokemon weak to fire and they get nerfed by rain.

While I like the idea of seeing opponent's teams, I don't want other people to be able to make even remotely accurate judgments on my team by looking at it. In that way, I'd prefer not having Team Preview. But, without Team Preview, I feel like it would create a more limited metagame with less room for creativity, which is why I'd rather have it on than off.

For everyone freaking out about getting 2 more pokemon, you can do what I did at regionals and just throw in 2 level 50 pokemon who you don't care about that can be used to bluff a playstyle. I bluffed trick room and it worked well. I did win.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For everyone freaking out about getting 2 more pokemon, you can do what I did at regionals and just throw in 2 level 50 pokemon who you don't care about that can be used to bluff a playstyle. I bluffed trick room and it worked well. I did win.
Better yet, throw in a Zoroark.

But I think you're probably more likely to succeed if you can actually use them.

Better yet, throw in a Zoroark.

But I think you're probably more likely to succeed if you can actually use them.
Yes and no voodoo pimp. The beginning of a Pokemon match, especially with Team Preview, is all a mind game. Theoretically you have the advantage when you "know" which Pokemon your opponent sends out but you can never really be sure especially with all of the possibilities of each Pokemon. The extra Pokemon would be nice to use but faking it is a good option if you are confident in your team as it is with no changes. Faking TR for example is a great strategy because your opponent will lead to counter yours. Putting your Pokemon in a different order than how you will use them will also "Fake Out" the opponent because your opponent will always (A little exaggeration) look at your first four and suspect those leads. If you can win the mind game in the beginning of the battle and be confident with your leads and team, there should be no doubt in your mind for doing well. Just don't screw up by entering the wrong Pokemon!

For everyone who wants to do well, choose those last two pokemon wisely to help with your team. There are no downsides to picking two pokemon which work well with your team and can help you in a pinch. I did that and it worked well. I did win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)