Team WreckBall [OU RMT]

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Introduction
I had almost lost hope in the world when Latias was banned and was quite convinced to quit competitive pokemon. But since Salamence had been banned too, things in the OU metagame look brighter.. So i created this new team that aims around a Metagross sweep as my last one focused on a Lucario sweep. After the initial testing period of breaking the 1300 CRE wall, I decided to post it here for advice on further testing..

Changes in blue

At A Glance:

Under the Microscope:
@ Life Orb
Inner Focus
Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
-Extremespeed
-Flamethrower
-Superpower
-Draco Meteor

Dragon pairs well with Metagross, resisting each others weaknesses perfectly, so I knew I wanted at least one of them on the team. Dragonite proved to be an exceptional lead, dealing with most other leads effectively and giving me early momentum. Maxing the attacking stats with a Quiet Nature makes this the powerhouse it needs to be to do just that. Extremespeed picks off frailer suicide leads, Flamethrower over Fire Blast because it doesn't matter against most leads and the accuracy is useful, Superpower deals with ShucaTran and Blissey and Draco Meteor is the STAB move that makes this set scary..

@ Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
160 HP / 252 Atk /92 Spe
-Pursuit
-Aqua Tail
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

This is the reincarnation of pure power on earth. It makes me wonder why CBTar isn't seen more often as a Metagross partner. It lures in or checkmates most of its counters and 2HKOs them all cleanly . The EVs are standard for outrunning 20 Spe EV Skarmory and maximizing damage output and survivability. Pursuit traps the poor unfortunate souls that got caught in the arena with him while Aqua Tail gets Hippowdon and Gliscor easily. The other two are just nice STABs. =]

@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
-Trick
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat

The revenge killer of the team that deals with most threats, speed boosting and otherwise. I'm a bit out of date and could use help deciding what form to use and stuff as I'm not sure whether or not Overheat is still the best option. The EVs and nature outrun +1 Max Speed Jolly Gyara, maxing damage output and the rest dumped in HP.

@ Leftovers
Torrent
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

Swampert sets up the entry hazard that Dragonite doesn't as well as serving as a check for many things. HP and Def maxed out for maximum physical bulkiness and the rest into the attacking stat. With Salamence banned, Swampert no longer needs to run Ice Beam to deal with Dragons and can instead fire off Ice Punches from his higher attacking stat. Protect is a great scouting move and Earthquake is the preferred STAB.

@ Life Orb
Synchronize
Timid (+Spe, Atk)
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Grass Knot
-Signal Beam
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

Alakazam performed amazingly well in the Life Orb position here. His massive Special Attack lets him dish out even more damage than Azelf while also being fast enough for any Scarftar. However, he is frail, which is why I have invested near nothing to his defenses while maxing out his offensive potential. Grass Knot deals with bulky waters well while also picking off weakened Tyranitar. Signal Beam OHKOs Celebi and does better against Shaymin than Psychic. Focus Blast is for coverage with his STAB (Psychic).

@ Leftovers
Clear Body
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
-Agility
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

The star of the show. Metagross usually comes out late game to clean up using his various resistances to set up. ThunderPunch gets Vaporeon surprisingly well and Earthquake with MM has pretty nice coverage. I never felt like the extra power of Life Orb is needed on something like Metagross so I use Leftives instead. The EVs are so as to outrun neutral natured base 100s at +1, which many do these days, as well as other Metagross.

Thanks for reading, all comments and criticisms are appreciated... :toast:

You have a ground weakness. Ice beam on swampert does more damage. Use relaxed you don't need the speed. 2 agility sweepers might not be the best idea. mix ape destroys you. sorry I will try come up with solutions asap

EDIT
NP or LO Azelf deals with mix ape and gets rid of your empoleon

Hello Aeron I will try to help the best I can here.
First of all your team has a VERY BIG weekness to fighting type Pokemon more specifically Machamp....A lead Machamp will OHKO Dragonite with Ice Punch and if Machamp decides to put some Speed Ev's in it's spread then he will outspeed Dragonite and KO him before he attacks and if Machamp doesn't run speed he will still survive a Draco Meteor with a good amount of health. Second if your opponent runs a Roserade Lead with HP ice your dead and if that same opponent has a Sub +3 attacks Machamp from the analysis and that same machamp gets a sub up you can just say game over. I would suggest using this Lead instead

Alakazam
Nature-Timid
Item-Focus Sash
Ability-Syncronize
EV's 4HP 252SpA 252Spe
Moves- Psychic, Shadow Ball, Taunt, Counter/Protect

This may seem weird to user considering Alakazam is UU but this lead works well in OU. the UU set in the Analysis says to use inner focus but syncronize is a lot better for OU since Infernape is the only fake out user in OU, and if you use protect then Infernape is dead as he must either use SR or Attack in which he won't KO because of your sash. Taunt is for Azelf Leads and then you can shadow ball, Psychic is there for STAB and Psychic will OHKO Lead Machamp and the Sub +3 Attacks. Counter is there mainly for the chance to OHKO weavile but Weavile is extremely Rare nowadays let alone Leads so Counter is a lesser option.

With your lead fixed your team will do a lot better against Lead Machamp who is relitively common so GL and I hope my advice helped.

Hey man ^^

For Machamp I suggest a slightly different EV spread, because of what Raiden475 said. A spread of 232 Atk / 252 SAtk / 24 Spe allows you to outspeed Machamp.

As for you weakness against Ground and Fighting pokemon I suggest Celebi instead of Empoleon.
Celebi is also a decent counter against pokemon who could cause you problems (Machamp, Gyarados, Breloom, ...).
The standard Celebi set will do just fine: Bold nature and leftovers as the hold itemwith an EV spread of 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe and a moveset of Leech Seed / Psychic / Recover / Heal Bell.

Hope this helped and good luck with the team!

Hey Hi!O.o a Malaysian!I'm From Singapore Which Is Cool :S

At The First Glance,You Have Ground/Fighting Weakness Which Is Worst Ever.Machamp Also Owns This Team Which Again No Good ( Rotom Doesnt Counter's It).

To Prevent That From Happening: Remove Dragonite And Swampert And Replace It With Starmie And Make Metagross With This Sets:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash / Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Now You Would Have a Empty Slot For Your Team Which You Can Fill With Either Celebi/Jirachi Or Breloom

Hoped I Help Neighbour ^_^

Good Luck Improving The Team!

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
Machamp is outsped by every member on the team, so I usually play around it somewhat. Anyway, thanks for the advice on the team, everyone!
Based on agamemaker and raiden475, i tested out alakazam and azelf separately (not together 'cause the t-tar weakness is crazy..) and I feel azelf was better on the team, sorry Alakazam. Btw, Ice Punch gets the nifty OHKO on Dragonite. =]
Eek, its Delko! xD! Anyway, no Machamp lead or set outspeeds LeadNite.. as running that many speed EVs gets its ass raped by Azelf and a Machamp at ~20% is easily revenge killed. Celebi on the other hand has been used to some success now but I still feel Azelf is the better Psychic to use. Sorry =[.
@Dr.Infernape: The team is based on a Agiligross sweep, so I'm unsure by what you're saying when you suggest this lead combo..

I can see why Azelf seems better because of Explosion, but other than that Azelf has nothing over Alakazam...possibily a better move pool. Although if your trying to latter then I suppose using an OU pokemon will ultimitely give you better results than a UU pokemon.
GL with the team
p.s if it's not too much to ask how did Alakazam fare as a lead OU? was it Aerodactyl and lead Metagross that forced Alakazam to his down fall?

jc104

Humblest person ever
Anyway, no Machamp lead or set outspeeds LeadNite.. as running that many speed EVs gets its ass raped by Azelf and a Machamp at ~20% is easily revenge killed
It is true that few Machamp run that much speed, but I would still recommend the speed EVs. They will let you run most Metagross, which is of vital importance as it prevents SR --> Explosion, which is, in reality, a total loss. The attack EVs are not hugely important, so dropping them will not cost you anything within the lead Metagame (note that you should always DM versus Azelf in case they are a DS version). As for Flamethrower vs Fire Blast, I have some calcs to show you:

252 Quiet Life Orb Dragonite Fire Blast vs. 252/0 Adamant Lum Berry Metagross : 93.4% - 110.4% (Good chance for OHKO)
252 Quiet Life Orb Dragonite Flamethrower vs. 252/0 Adamant Lum Berry Metagross : 74.2% - 87.4% (no chance for OHKO)
Flamethower + Extremespeed vs 4HP Jirachi: 88.8-104.9% (odds are it will miss the KO)
Fire Blast + Extremespeed vs 4HP Jirachi: 100% (85% chance to KO factoring in accuracy)
Flamethower vs 252hp/252spdef impish Skarm : 73.1% - 86.2% (no chance to KO even with SR)
Fire Blast vs same Skarm : 92.2% - 109% (chance to KO, 100% with SR)

As you can see, Fire Blast offers important lead position KOs that Flamethower can't.

Good luck.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
While this team has pretty good synergy, I think that youre going to have a really hard time switching in on a few threats. Fighting-types, particularly Machamp and Lucario, will come in all day on Choice Band Tyranitar, and nobody on your team really wants to switch in on these Pokemon's STAB Fighting-type moves. For example, Dragonite will be taking 28.8% - 34.4% damage from Machamp's DynamicPunch; after Stealth Rock, Machamp will always strip off at least half of Dragonites HP, and leave him confused. Lucario is even more grim, as his unboosted Close Combat will hit Dragonite for 40.2% - 47.4%, massive damage after you factor in Stealth Rock. Azelf cant switch in on these Pokemon at all, as these attacks will deal tremendous damage to him. While Rotom may be immune, he will easily be disposed of by any smart opponent carrying a Pursuit user. In addition to this, your team has a pretty tough time taking out bulky Waters, as while Rotom can hit them with Thunderbolt and Azelf with Grass Knot, these attacks can easily be switched out of, and a smart player will simply bring in something like Flygon and U-turn. Metagross will have a harder time sweeping if you dont remove all his checks, so you will probably want to make this your upmost priority if you want a successful AgilityGross team.

Most of the changes I'm going to suggest revolve around increasing team synergy while at the same time giving Metagross a better shot at sweeping. The way I see it, Azelf isnt helping your team much. You wont be able to switch in on anything, and any intellegent player will be able to bring in a priority user or a Choice Scarf Pokemon on a resisted hit and simply KO you. I think that its more important for your team to have a support Pokemon for use alongside Metagross as opposed to a Pokemon who attempts to sweep and doesnt really contribute much to your team. For this reason, I'm going to suggest that you use Celebi in Azelf's slot. More specifically, I think that a defensive Celebi set would fit your team the best. Go for a set of Grass Knot | Recover | Thunder Wave | Hidden Power Fire, an EV spread of 252 HP | 220 Def | 36 Spe, and a Bold nature with the item Leftovers. The main reason you would want to use this set on your team is for its ability to not only wreck bulky Waters, but also paralyze switch-ins. The majority of your team is not particularly fast, especially before Metagross sets up Agility, and so Thunder Wave support ulimately makes it easier for Metagross to switch in and set up. Celebi also provides your team with the solid Fighting-type answer you're looking for. If Machamp is really a thorn in your side, you could even use Psychic over Hidden Power Fire, though I dont recommend it. Next up, I think that you should consider changing your Tyranitar set to a Dragon Dance Tyranitar. While this may seem like it ruins your team synergy, it actually helps your team greatly. Dragon Dance Tyranitar is capable of setting up on and disposing of many Pokemon who otherwise stop Metagross in its tracks, namely Rotom-A and Zapdos. Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Agility Metagross can also weaken each other's counters, making it easier to ultimately pull off a sweep. Try a set of Dragon Dance | Stone Edge | Crunch | Earthquake, an EV spread of 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe, and an Adamant nature with the item Life Orb. I would ordinarily suggest Babiri Berry as Tyranitar's item, but the idea is that you switch Tyranitar out of possible Steel-type attacks and switch in Metagross, thus giving it an opportunity to set up. I suggested an Adamant nature as with Celebi's Thunder Wave support Tyranitar will already be outspeeding almost everyone, but if you'd rather use a Jolly nature, then thats fine. As far as smaller changes go, I suggest using Roar in place of Protect on Swampert. The main issue I see with Protect is that if you use it when your opponent switches, youre essentially allowing them to switch for free, which is not something you want considering your team is very reliant on producing good matchups vs. the opponents Pokemon in order to set up. Roar allows you to scout for potential counters to Metagross and Tyranitar, ultimately making it easier to sweep. I also think you should run Ice Beam in place of Ice Punch, simply as it allows you to hit Gliscor harder; Gliscor currently looks like he could be a bit of a pain for your team to take on, and so Ice Beam somewhat remedies the situation. On Rotom-A, I would consider a slightly different EV spread; 252 HP | 40 SpA | 216 Spe. This spread allows you to switch in more easily on various attacks, such as Dragon Dance Gyarados's boosted Waterfall, as well as random special attacks from Pokemon like Infernape. You dont need to use 252 SpA EVs on Rotom, as it will still be able to revenge kill everyone who it needs to with just 40 SpA EVs. Rather then waste EVs, I think putting them into HP would be more worthwhile.

Overall, I tried to increase your teams offensive potential while sticking to the original concept. Good luck, and if you have any questions regarding my changes, simply PM me! ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)