1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Teambuilding 101 (Round 2: Django, DTC, EBeast)

Discussion in 'BW NU' started by Zebraiken, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Zebraiken

Zebraiken seize the day
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

Round 1 / Round 2
    props to:
    Keiran for the great banner....yet again
    MMF for the original, he'll probably take this back over for the next round
    DTC for formatting of the original
    Zebraiken for being a loser

Hello! Are you new to the tier and not quite sure how to build effective teams? Have no fear, we are here to help you! Welcome to Teambuilding 101. Teambuilding 101 is a project designed to help you with teambuilding strategies by showing you how the top team builders of the tier make their teams. This will be a bi-weekly project; which means that every other week we will be switching out team builders to keep it fresh and give you guys multiple perspectives on the different ways of teambuilding.

So how will this work? Well, we’ll start out with a voting period. In these two days we will be voting on what playstyle/Pokemon the team builders will be building around. After a playstyle has been used, I will scratch it off so we always have a new playstyle each time. I’ll be putting up options every other week and then two days later...the team builders begin their task of crafting a team! These players will be making posts to keep us updated on how everything is going so far and walk us through why they have made the choices that they’ve made. If you have any questions, thoughts, ideas, or suggestions for the builder leave a post for them to respond to.

After these 3 days of straight teambuilding (LO!L) our team builders will come back with their team and give us in-depth detail about their team and the teambuilding process. I will post them in the OP of the thread and stockpile them so don’t worry if you miss it! I will get it up as soon as possible. This will also go on the NU Hub at some point so be sure to check that out as well! Once we’ve done a few of these I may have a special surprise for all of you who have been watching on the sidelines and want to have some fun with these teams ;)

Our team builders for this week will be Django, DTC, and EBeast! (If you’d like to be one of our team builders for another week, PM me on the forums. Let me know and I’ll see what I can do.) We encourage you to use these teams on the ladder to get used to the metagame, but know that this is meant to help you better your team building skills so that you can start doing it yourself.

Let the fun begin!​
    --

All of the above was in the original thread, but there are also a few things I'd like to clarify. First, we'll follow the same process - nominate which playstyle you'd like to see out of these builders, but don't nominate Offense as that's what we did last time. You will have 48 hours to vote, and then we'll move onto teambuilding. I'll try to keep us to a strict time limit, so just nudge me if this thread goes inactive and I'll try to keep pestering our builders, alright? :)
  2. Zebraiken

Zebraiken seize the day
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

3. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

ALL CHOICE
  4. FireMage

FireMage Burnt out
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

5. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang Aye I got Swagger, Koga 87
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Foreman

6. Django

Django
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Weather.
  7. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

8. Keiran

Keiran

All Choice

cmon guys dont be weak
  9. Sweet Jesus

Sweet Jesus Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...

hyper offense
  10. Manveru123

Manveru123

11. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I can vote too right? FLCL isn't here so he won't get mad at me voting for...

Weather :]
  12. Detective Dell

Detective Dell Winter Hibernation of the Yarnasauruses
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Weather. It is very potent in this metagame and there are a lot of underutilized & interesting Pokemon within sets that can be used to take advantage of it.
  13. citro

citro

weather sucks, all choice.
  14. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

15. WhiteDMist

WhiteDMist PU! We don't stink though!
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus

All Choice
  16. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Salon Maidenis a Past SPL Winner

balance
  17. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

18. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~

19. Yonko7

Yonko7 Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Stall underrated
  20. TROP

TROP This is it, baby. Hold me.
    is a Tiering Contributor

21. Amarillo

Amarillo
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

22. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

all choice lgi
  23. Kenny

Kenny don't expect me

24. Jayde

Jayde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

all choice
  25. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)