Terrakion [QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life Orb set added, thanks sammao, and Mega Gengar mentioned as a check, thanks Colonel M. Now ready for QC, thank you everyone who's helped so far and keep the comments coming
Actually, now I think that Taunt is probably the best move in the last slot of the Life Orb set (better than sleep talk at least), it does so many good stuff like taunting wall such as Giratina and Lugia (making them much easier to be handled by teammate if it still can't kill them), taunting Groudon if you predict it to Stealth Rock, Taunting GeoXen if you predict it to set up Geomancy, etc. So, you may want to put it at first slash.

Actually, now I think that Taunt is probably the best move in the last slot of the Life Orb set (better than sleep talk at least), it does so many good stuff like taunting wall such as Giratina and Lugia (making them much easier to be handled by teammate if it still can't kill them), taunting Groudon if you predict it to Stealth Rock, Taunting GeoXen if you predict it to set up Geomancy, etc. So, you may want to put it at first slash.
Good point, slashed.
(Mega-)Scizor should probably be mentioned as a solid check to Terrak, for obvious reasons.
Ack I thought I already did that, must've deleted it, re-adding thanks

Edit: Put Mega Scizor as a soft counter since it can take a Close Combat on the switch-in and KO with Bullet Punch if Rocks are up.
Moved All Out Attacker to under Scarf since the movepool's very similar; added Taunt

Last edited:
Okay, finally going to hit this thing up. Just going to talk about the sets in this post though, we can deal with the rest once we get over the first mountain.

Choice Scarf should be:
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Toxic
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Last gen Terrakion had empty slots for filler options, this gen he doesn't so no slashing. EQ is a must now for Aegislash and Toxic hits all the bulky Arceus and stuff. You want max speed because fastest mon is this guy's niche. Sleep Talk and Rock Slide are lux, you can mention the former in set details and the other in OO.

Next set:
name: All-Out Attacker
move 3: Taunt / Toxic
move 4: Earthquake / Stealth Rock
item: Life Orb / Fist Plate

I merged this set with the lead set cause they are very similar. If you want to go pure all out attacking with Terrakion do the first slashes. If you want your terrakion to go Stealth Rock you can and if you do both Toxic and Fist Plate become options to cripple Defogging Arceus and/or lasting a bit longer. (you don't have to switch items and drop Taunt, they just become options if you opt for a SR setting Terrakion) Sleep Talk is worthless on a Terrakion slower than Darkrai and you can set details mention Quick Attck since it's farirly niche along with Bulldoze to have a Quick Attack and Earthquake merge.

Which leaves...
name: Double Dance
move 3: Rock Polish
move 4: Swords Dance / Earthquake
item: Life Orb

The set was fine, formatting wasn't.

Pokemon Trainer AZ

Okay, it's been a while since I've had no fucking clue whether to reject this mon or not and the QC team has more or less come to the conculsion that the SR + Taunt set is viable enough to get an analysis but only if you stress how it only works on Sticky Webs teams.

Btw, remove the Quick Attack slash on it and replace Focus Sash with Fist Plate / Life Orb.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Sorry for the double post, but this is quite important:

I like Terrakion, but it's not great this generation. It has a niche in being able to slaughter extremekiller, certainly, but besides that it has several disadvantages other several other scarf pokes. the other sets are cool but everything is just bulky this generation, and playing games with Terrakion is just too easy. SD on Sticky works quite nicely I found, but I'm not sure this thing is so good anymore. I'm retracting my previous post for now, but if this doesn't get written/doesn't get rejected i'll teake it later on if AZ can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)