The 2nd Law

you'd run Flamethrower over Seismic Toss on Blissey, as it's generally a superior attacking move than Seismic Toss on Blissey (as it also means you have another way to take out Ferrothorn)

Nice team.

Small nitpick- change Quagsires' nature to Relaxed. It's not outspeeding anything anyway & it's attacking stats are so low you don't want to make Earthquake even weaker by using a Bold nature.

you'd run Flamethrower over Seismic Toss on Blissey, as it's generally a superior attacking move than Seismic Toss on Blissey (as it also means you have another way to take out Ferrothorn)
I'll give it some thought and testing. Thanks for that.

Nice team.

Small nitpick- change Quagsires' nature to Relaxed. It's not outspeeding anything anyway & it's attacking stats are so low you don't want to make Earthquake even weaker by using a Bold nature.
Well, right now I'm testing Cursesire over the set in the OP, but thanks very much for mentioning that. I'd probably not have noticed for a week or two otherwise. Thanks!

Your stall team is pretty good, but there are a lot of things that can possibly rip through your entire team. First of all rain teams with thundurus therian can just set up nasty plots on chansey for days, and it can take one scald I think. Torndaus Therian also poses a huge threat as it's mixed set gives you problems. Another problem is venusuar in the sun, as it sleepowders chansey and can set up growths for days. Plus, venusuar sometimes run mixed growth, and skarmory gets koed by hidden power fire(common venusuar move) Your team is really too reliant on chansey, as once it dies you have no good answer to special attackers. Good stall teams always should have a backup. Ever consider what Choice Band Victini in the Sun can do to you? It's basically let something die, even mence with intimidate doesn't appreciate this. Also I would use Blissey over Chansey, as your team would like to have the wish support and with blissey you can run ice beam to prevent being total set up fodder for certain stuff

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
garchompubers, Salamence already has Wish... And the Therians can't bypass this team easily. Thundurus-T without Grass Knot is stalled out by Quagsire, while mixed Tornadus-T can't actually beat Chansey (little known fact, learn it!). Sun teams do pose some big problems though, but they could be played around.

ARctic but the problem is that most thundurus therians from MY knowledge do carry grass knot... and slamance with wish is really unviable due to its base hp, and imo it's just wasting a moveslot. Salamence is also a bit too frail to be doing these kind of wish dtailing buisness... Even togekiss does a better job, wishing roaring t waving airslashing with better bulk...

ARctic but the problem is that most thundurus therians from MY knowledge do carry grass knot... and slamance with wish is really unviable due to its base hp, and imo it's just wasting a moveslot. Salamence is also a bit too frail to be doing these kind of wish dtailing buisness... Even togekiss does a better job, wishing roaring t waving airslashing with better bulk...
Only some Choiced Thundurus-T carry Grass Knot to my knowledge. The set up ones use Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, HP Ice and Focus Blast. Focus Blast may also be replaced by Agility, and thus Quagsire comfortably walls it. If it lacks Focus Blast for some reason and uses Grass Knot, then Chansey/Blissey can easily wall it. Starmie outspeeds and KOs with Hydro Pump as well.

Cherub Agent's right there. I've never actually been up against a Thundurus-T that carries Grass Knot, I always seem to meet Nasty Plot sets, and Arcticblast is right in that Tornadus-T can't beat Chansey. Though they are a threat to the team, they can definitely be handled.

The three changes that I'd said I would be testing seem to be going okay so far, and I am now thinking of replacing FATMence with ParaShuffle Dragonite (I love whoever it was in this thread that mentioned how everything I have has a way of recovering 50% HP, I'd really not picked up on that), but I'm still iffy about Cursesire. It works, definitely, but I'm really missing the Toxic that the current set has. Foul Play's going okay, I guess, but I still want to test it more.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

D4mn gurrrrl you h4v3 yours3lf 4 n1c3 t34m!!!

stall teams are definitely possible in OU, but you're going to have to accept the fact that certain Pokemon (when executed correctly) are going to break through this team no matter what. A Pokemon that comes to mind is Tornadus-T, which steamrolls this team if it has Taunt. (it only needs to play passively, and spam Hurricane to wreak havoc on this team. Chansey is shut down with Taunt, and it's impossible to wear down due to Regeneration. Luckily there's a way to fix this:

Salamence -----> Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Protect / Fire Punch / U-turn

Jirachi is capable of always countering Tornadus-T, provided you keep it healthy. And while I might like Salamence (<3 Dragons) Jirachi does a lot more for this team imo. And more Steel-types couldn't hurt.

Quagsire is pretty bad i'm afraid. It doesn't even remotely check Landorus (standard Landorus is specially orientated and does a ton with Sheer Force boosted Earth Power) and even though Quagsire is decent check to Swords Dance Terrakion, it falls to Choice Band Terrakion (which isn't that annoying since you have Sableye, but still), and even unboosted Close Combat's do a little too much damage. This suggestion is going to sound weird, but you should use physically defensive/specially defensive Rotom-W in place of Quagsire.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd OR 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spd
Bold Nature OR Calm
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

You are massively weak to Taunt Jellicent. If it hasn't been statused, it will straight up 6-0 you. Physically defensive Rotom-W is a nice check to Jellicent, and its also decent against Landorus and a last ditch check to Terrakion. The reason why Thunderbolt is used over Volt Switch is because Jellicent can just recover through Volt Switch whereas its forced to switch out in the face of Thunderbolt. Volt Switch is still very good at keeping momentum, so experiment and see what works for you. The specially defensive spread is there if you want to Genesect a little better.

Starmie definitely wants Ice Beam. As is, your team has no way of "punishing" Dragon-types, so things like Mixed Hydreigon, DD Dragonite and the like are annoying. Losing Psyshock is sucks, I honestly think it's worth it (plus you have coverage against Breloom)

You're going to have predict like hell against a good Genesect user, and NP Thundurus-T is going to be a huge bother, but for the most part I think i've covered everything. I didn't want to turn this team into a rain-stall team so avoided suggesting Politoed + Tentacruel + blah blah blah.

Hop3 1 h3lp3d :)

FFFFFFFFFFFTHTFHTFTHFF

Okay, so I've already told you how much I love you, PK. I've decided to go with Jirachi over Salamence, but I'm still iffy about replacing Quagsire with anything, or another set. Like I said, I'd then be lacking Toxic, which I've noticed has been hurting while testing. I mean, unless replacing Will-o-Wisp with Toxic on Sableye is a good idea, I really can't see myself getting rid of Quagsire or changing the set.

I can play around Genesect the majority of the time (and honestly, I've never actually seen that many Thundurus-Ts, but I'll take your word for that), so I think I'm okay there.

I had also been testing ParaShuffle Dragonite, and it was going well, but still left me open to Tornadus-T onslaughts, so I think I will go with Jirachi there - thank you very much for the suggestion though, shrang and zzazzdsa, it's made me realise actually how good it is.

Still undecided on Foul Play since I've not been using it much anyway, so I will keep on testing that before making a decision.

I'd like to thank everybody for their help and suggestions for the team, since it looks like I'll be slowing down with work/development on it. I never expected it to be this popular, so thank you all.

Suggestions Implemented:

• Ice Beam > Psyshock - PK Gaming.
  • SDef Jirachi > FATMence - PK Gaming.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey.

I like this team and only got a few nitpicks. With natural cure and taunt, this team doesn't get many status dealt against it. You could replace arometheropy for toxic, if you ever wanted to replace Quaggy (for PK's suggestion). Finally, Skarmory should be carrying shed shell so mag / goth can't trap it. With roost the lefties loss isn't that noticable, and it always pays to have a fail safe switch out.

I'm not too much of a stall player, but I like this team. GL in your smogon career.

~ Shurt

(Luvdic'ed)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just saying, now that you've replaced Psyshock with Ice Beam on Starmie, Keldeo will really hurt you. You have no quick way to take it down, unlike when you had Psyshock. Nothing on your team can really wall it either, something as simple as Calm Mind / Hydro Pump / Secret Sword / Filler @ Life Orb or even worse, Sub / CM / Surf / Secret Sword kills pretty much everything.

This team would get merked by sun...
Yes, and it does. No team's perfect. Try actually contributing next time instead of stating the obvious in a way that attempts to make yourself seem "cool".

@shrang; I'd not really thought of that, but you're right. I'm not really threatened as much by Dragon-types to justify using Ice Beam there, I suppose, but I'll see how it pans out before changing it back again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)