Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Do you guys think I should keep this Zapdos?

Zapdos - #145 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 19
Def: 18
SpA: 28
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Hidden Power Grass

Last edited:
The IVs are mediocre, though I suppose HP grass is nice. I probably wouldn't keep it though.

Though doesn't it not really matter much, since Heat Wave is a B2W2 tutor move?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Yveltal. I was mostly going for Special Attack, Attack, and Speed.

Rash
31 / 24 / 20 / 27 / 31 / 31

It's tempting, but I just want to have a second opinion first.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Yveltal. I was mostly going for Special Attack, Attack, and Speed.

Rash
31 / 24 / 20 / 27 / 31 / 31

It's tempting, but I just want to have a second opinion first.
For yveltal you really want all ivs above 25.(arbitrary number but the higher the better) (Also max speed but you got that) yveltal is both easy to catch and given that it has three 31s you can afford to reset for a really good one

Gaah why couldn't the 29 be in something else?!? I'm tempted to say keep it anyway, although missing out on potential Speed ties with Xerneas/Yveltal/Genesect really sucks.

Second opinion?

EDIT: Keep!

Last edited:

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Is it worth to keep this Yveltal?:

Hasty, 31/31/31/31/31/29
If the other IVs are guaranteed to be 31s (and not 30s), then keep it.
Yveltal has no business staying in on Xerneas, Genesect is usually Choice Scarf anyway, and it has Sucker Punch to make up for the Speed somewhat. Yveltal vs. Yveltal isn't really a good matchup either way, so the Speed tie isn't too relevant. Keep IMO.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, it's pretty good. 29 SpA won't make much of a difference in the long run, and it has HP Ice too, which might be useful.

I have got a Quiet Celebi from Pokebank

IVs: 30 / 30 / 4 (Ouch) / 24 / 14 (Ouch again) / 30 (Ouch, again)

I was thinking that maybe a Mixed Trick room Set could work? The bulk isn't really good with the typing and those crap IVs but...

It might work in some other meta, but it certainly won't work in Ubers.

Although TBH I'm not even sure why you'd go mixed, since you'd have bad bulk with limited investment + crap IVs. That's not a great look for setting up Trick Room.

Is a Special Tank Yveltal worth Keeping?

Calm
31 / 16 / 30 / 29 / 31 / 31
Fuck yeah I'd keep that. SpDef YGod isn't as good as physically defensive, but it's still viable. Great IVs too.

I meant something like: Energy ball, Psychic, U-Turn and Trick Room so you can set trick room, go for a U-Turn to deal meh damage with something like 252 attack 252 Sp. Attack and 4 HP but I could try 252 HP Instead of Attack so It can take at least 2 hits to something that isn't SE.

But ehhh dunno how this can work out since I haven't done calcs.

And isn't Celebi like UU or something?

EDIT: Maybe Heal bell and Wish Recover instead of energyball and potentially Psychic and go Specially defensive works too

blitzlefan

shake it off!
14, 15 / 30, 31 / 26, 27 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31

Got this on my latest Hasty Yveltal.
HP is fairly disappointing, but it's manageable I guess, given that the other IVs are excellent. Make sure that the Speed IV is 31 (and not 30), and if it is, I suppose it's worth keeping.

HP is fairly disappointing, but it's manageable I guess, given that the other IVs are excellent. Make sure that the Speed IV is 31 (and not 30), and if it is, I suppose it's worth keeping.
How important are those 15 HP?

Also how do I check if it has 31 speed?

Yveltal - Mild - 30/31/31/31/18/31

The stats look nice for the most part, but is that low SpD something to worry about?

Thanks for any input!

Found this random Yveltal on the GTS. Good enough? Nothing important it doesn't outspeed right?

Yveltal - #717 (Mild)
HP: 27
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 27 - 28
Speed: 27

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Found this random Yveltal on the GTS. Good enough? Nothing important it doesn't outspeed right?

Yveltal - #717 (Mild)
HP: 27
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 27 - 28
Speed: 27
The speed is somewhat disappointing, but honestly, that's a pretty damn good IV spread otherwise, you still at least outspeed nuetral base 95s in both level 50 (for Battle Spot Free Battles) and level 100. I'd stick with that one until you get a better Yveltal (so you might want to get some new trade fodder).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)