1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

The Battle Frontier discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Perfect Cell, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Getting a good Zapdos like that isn't going to happen outside of an emulator...

Battle Factory is so annoying. Even though I know all possible sets I still lose because the game puts me in an unwinnable situation. Ugh.
  2. NoUserName

NoUserName

I am surprised that too much players have troubles against Lucy and Brandon.

Against Brandon Silver's Medal I used a Blaziken with Overheat, EQ, Endure and Reversal and against Lucy a Milotic with Toxic and Recover.
  3. StoneDos95

StoneDos95

Hi Everyone!
    I know none of you have still interest on doing a 3rd gen Emerald Battle Frontier Guide, but i did one. I invested a MOUNTAIN of time on doing this, this was very important for me. It's a detailed guide Facility x Facility with a specific team for the silver and the gold runs throgh the Frontier. Here's the link:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/emerald-battle-frontier-guide-please-help-developing.3579762/

I hope someone could see this Thread and give me an opinion. It would be Very important for me, i worked a lot for this, and also, this is my first thread (i signed in Smogon Forum only few days ago).

Anyway, thank you all. Have fun :D

- StoneDos95
    Silver_Lucario42 and WaffleTitan like this.
  4. WaffleTitan

WaffleTitan

Wow, this is awesome! I'll take a look at it in depth when I have time (probs tomorrow). The Emerald battle frontier is one of my favorite things in all the Pokemon games. I never did do a full run and get all the golds, but I just might try it now.
  5. StoneDos95

StoneDos95

This is amazing!!! Thank you for the interest!!! I started thinking that none likes 3rd gen anymore... So thank you:) i'll wait for your comments. HAVE FUN!! :D
    WaffleTitan likes this.
  6. WaffleTitan

WaffleTitan

I absolutely love 3rd gen! 3rd and 4th are by far my favorites, and much of that is due to the amazingness of the battle facilities. Now I would be lying if I said that I'd played the Emerald battle frontier recently, so it definitely took some freshening up (via bulbapedia) before I read your article, but that being said, the article is well thought out and solid. I like how you went in depth on each of the teams and what moves you should use in each specific situation. I've never taken a look at a battle frontier guide and thought that the EVs would be more cut and dry, but was I ever wrong haha. You should consider having someone else look at this that knows a little more than I about the battle frontier, cause if it's made into "an official article" or whatever, I think it will be a lot easier for other people to see it, and furthermore, use it. I know I'm not the only one who's interested in a strategy guide, so this could potentially be a good resource for a lot of people. But once again, if you're interested in that, get its validity checked. I did notice one thing, in one of the sections you mentioned that sandstorm boosts rock types defense, but I'm fairly certain that effect wasn't added until gen 4. With college starting soon, it might be awhile before I give the Emerald frontier a go, but I'll be sure to reference your guide while doing it. Thanks for the inspiration for giving the battle frontier another go, and good job on the guide!!!
    StoneDos95 likes this.
  7. StoneDos95

StoneDos95

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'll wait your check. Yeah, i hope in some check of more people interested.

About the sandstorm boosts, ok, but if that was added in 4th gen i would reccomend changing Aerodactyl to A strong STAB Flyng attack, maybe, if i have to choose it right now, something like a Crobat. Your answer is very great for me:)
    I'll wait your analysis, if you're gonna do it. Have Fun!!!!! :D

- StoneDos95

PS: i totally Agree with you about 3rd and 4th gen. They are AMAZING!!
    WaffleTitan likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. xSilentDeviL