Pokémon The Best Fairy Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of OU-esque fairies annoys me a little, but I'm a bit devided between Mega Mawile, Azumarill, and Togekiss. While Mega Mawile is good and has Huge Power, it does cost a Mega evolution slot, and I don't know if prankster wonder room/knock off shut down Mega evolution. Togekiss has gained defog, good covering stab, but t-wave got slightly tweaked and it might consider runnin body slam instead. I haven't used an Azumarill in this gen, but I think that the gain of a good stab really improved Azumarill alot. I think I'll pick Azumarill.

I totally forgot, but Unaware Clefable a deserves a mention with the roles she can play.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The lack of OU-esque fairies annoys me a little, but I'm a bit devided between Mega Mawile, Azumarill, and Togekiss. While Mega Mawile is good and has Huge Power, it does cost a Mega evolution slot, and I don't know if prankster wonder room/knock off shut down Mega evolution. Togekiss has gained defog, good covering stab, but t-wave got slightly tweaked and it might consider runnin body slam instead. I haven't used an Azumarill in this gen, but I think that the gain of a good stab really improved Azumarill alot. I think I'll pick Azumarill.

I totally forgot, but Unaware Clefable a deserves a mention with the roles she can play.
The Mega Stone can't be Knocked off, so no a Prankster anything won't affect you Mega evolving. The only thing that has higher priority is switching iirc

Would this set work well for slurpuff?
Slurpuff @ Lum Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Def / 156 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Play Rough
- Rest

If it can get off a belly drum and survive it would be a lovely set. If it had greater bulk I would consider is one of the best. A viable sweeper?

Would this set work well for slurpuff?
Slurpuff @ Lum Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Def / 156 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Play Rough
- Rest

If it can get off a belly drum and survive it would be a lovely set. If it had greater bulk I would consider is one of the best. A viable sweeper?
Not in OU; stuff will easily outspeed and KO it whether it heals or not, and Steel-types resist both of its moves. I've run into a couple and they weren't any problem to deal with.

That said, for lower tiers where it might be more viable, you'll want Chesto Berry, not Lum Berry. This means that taking a burn or something won't stop your Rest; you can just sleep and heal your HP and the burn in the process.

Man, if Wigglytuff got Boomburst from say an Egg move or Move Tutor, it might actually move out of NU. Exciting!

But yeah, as of now it's a bit underwhelming. Buffed for sure, but still meh. I'm a bit peeved that Wigglytuff has a lower BST than Clefable. Aren't they supposed to be like rival mons or something?
If you want to be that pedantic, Ninetales and Arcanine are also rivals.

What do you guys think about Eviolite Togetic?
Hahahahaha no. I love Togetic myself, but that thing does not have enough offensive presence. At least Chansey has Seismic Toss.

Last edited:
Not in OU; stuff will easily outspeed and KO it whether it heals or not, and Steel-types resist both of its moves. I've run into a couple and they weren't any problem to deal with.

That said, for lower tiers where it might be more viable, you'll want Chesto Berry, not Lum Berry. This means that taking a burn or something won't stop your Rest; you can just sleep and heal your HP and the burn in the process.
I was assuming it wouldn't be OU. This guys BST is laughable at best, so I thought this would be his best option.

I like carbink because its a rock with eyes.
HA! True. I have a Fairy Team and Carbink is one of the two I throw out first to set up Entry Hazards. Plus that Xerneas is the top fairy with Geomancy with Power Herb (or which ever one turns two turns into one) can scare easily and that it can break the Uber tier and make a new one beyond (Just Quit Now Tier). I think Mawile in it's Mega state has the best chance after 1 or 2 Sword Dances with Pure Power Ability. If Mega Mawile can survive a shot and do Iron Head. At least it would do Half health after Geomancy and if it did even more. Maybe finish with Sucker punch to get first blow. Though Mawile doesn't have the best Sp.Def so that would be unlikely and a challenge. If you can. Use Psych Up before Geomancy so you can rustle their gimmies to gain their stat boosts. Other than that. Mega Mawile built for Atk and one swords dance then using sucker punch will become top moves. Until you run out or your opponent builds the crap out of their Phys Def stat.

Like most people here, I think Togekiss and Azumarill are the best faries right now. Togekiss boasting with great bulk and coverage, walling pokemon as solid as Garchomp. Then there's Azumarill with huge power to blast through the opposing team with decent coverage of Waterfall, Rough Play, Aqua Jet, Ice Punch. It also makes a decent Belly Drum user in conjunction with Aqua Jet. Other fairies like Mega Mawill and Gardevoir get special mentions too...

azumarill is probably the best at the moment. it gets an amazing ability in huge power, excellent coverage, hits insanely hard, has some solid priority in the form of aqua jet and it has respectable bulk. it's a pretty solid check to pretty much every dragon in the tier, it also checks threats such as keldeo and mega lucario. above all, i'd say it's fairly versatile in this current metagame, as it can run a banded set, a subpunch set, an all-out attacking set or even a belly drum set (although it's not very easy to use). togekiss and mega mawile are also very good fairies, but tbh azumarill would have to be the best.

HA! True. I have a Fairy Team and Carbink is one of the two I throw out first to set up Entry Hazards. Plus that Xerneas is the top fairy with Geomancy with Power Herb (or which ever one turns two turns into one) can scare easily and that it can break the Uber tier and make a new one beyond (Just Quit Now Tier). I think Mawile in it's Mega state has the best chance after 1 or 2 Sword Dances with Pure Power Ability. If Mega Mawile can survive a shot and do Iron Head. At least it would do Half health after Geomancy and if it did even more. Maybe finish with Sucker punch to get first blow. Though Mawile doesn't have the best Sp.Def so that would be unlikely and a challenge. If you can. Use Psych Up before Geomancy so you can rustle their gimmies to gain their stat boosts. Other than that. Mega Mawile built for Atk and one swords dance then using sucker punch will become top moves. Until you run out or your opponent builds the crap out of their Phys Def stat.

MMawile one hits Xerneas without boosts unless Xerneas is running full hp and def evs and even then it has a chance.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 404-476 (88.5 - 104.3%)

friggin froggin wigglytuff. My friend sweeped my entire team with it. M-Gardevoir, M-Mawile, and Florges are all good as well.

How is Carbink? I'm considering it for a team.
Carbink, in general, is not that good (unless you play Ubers where it apparently is a force to be reckoned with). No recovery, terrible offenses, and mediocre typing (quad weak to steel) make it all underwhelming at best.

Carbink, in general, is not that good (unless you play Ubers where it apparently is a force to be reckoned with). No recovery, terrible offenses, and mediocre typing (quad weak to steel) make it all underwhelming at best.
Thamks, I will use Forretress instead, perhaps.

I've used both M-Mawile and Togekiss, and they're both lovely. I'm still using Togekiss, but testing out other megas ATM (although I have yet to use Azu myself).

Togekiss is a really nice mon that I'm having trouble countering. It can be so bulky, and ParaFlinch is super annoying.

I've tested MMawile, Azumarill, Sylveon, Clefable, and Slurpuff myself. They all have their good points, and I can't say who's the best, but I will say MMawile/Azumarill consistently cause opponents/me trouble.

based on my experiances of running a fairy-monotype team in local university tournaments, I feel I've reached a consensus on who the most viable fairies are in higher-tiers of play:

Uber:
Arceus-Fairy
Xerneas
(power herb+geomancy)
Mega Latias (would be high-OU if not for multi-scale/recover)

Creme of the Crop:
Slurpuff (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/slurpuff.3490208/page-2#post-4999160)
Klefki (excellent typing, priority sub+dual screens with light clay for max safety and team help, and swagger+sub+twave+foul play to grief-stall harder than gliscor)
Azumarill (huge power bellyjet)
Mega Mawile (excellent typing, unparralleled attack, sizable defenses, access to basically the strongest sucker punch in the game)
Togekiss (Paraflinch with all new resistances and immunities forces more switch outs ripe for the twaveing, and access to fire blast/nasty plot/dazzling gleam just stacks another layer of coverage for those pesky steels and dragons)
Sylveon OR Florges (although sylveon is basically weaker stats-wise on all fronts in comparison to Florges, its higher HP allows it to serve as a better wall in general with a bold nature, in comparison to Florges' defined niche of sp. def, given her access only to light screen and sp.atk lowering status moves. however, in VGC doubles Florges shows her true capability, being an enormous asset as a buff to all grass types in a sunny day/chlorophyll team with moves such as aromatheropy, light screen, and grassy terrain, while boasting the flower veil ability to make curseasaur a total monster. sylveon's baton pass capabilities and access to yawn/substitute/pixilate hyper voice make it the better, if not best, fairy cleric)
Gardevoir AND M-Gardevoir (an assault vest Gardy is just way too good as a reliable offensive tank, sporting a myriad of attack options buffed by a wonderful 125 base sp. atk, making it less bulky than Goodra but hitting harder. especially with dual-stab and access to STAB Psyshock to take out the likes of Jellicent and Tentacruel. while M-Gardy does get a small sp. def, it's colors really show with utility with her access to a calm mind to buff its sp. atk and sp. def to levels assault vest Gardy can't dream of, but having to sacrifice a turn on switch to make the best out of its options, which is hindered by its above-average but not stellar speed. access to sub+willowisp will really challenge some of its larger threats though, and gives it and its team the ability a passive defense boost from that particular opponent. STAB Pixilate Hyper Voice will make gliscor and other sub users cry, and running focus blast on the side will make short work of most steel types. not as reliable on switch, but M-Gardevoir is in no ways anything less than OU capable)

Honorable mentions:
Carbink (stealth rock dual screens, 5 resistances, 1 immunity, decent set up with light clay)
Whimsicott (faster prankster user with a few different tricks in her arsenal such as priority cotton guard, stun spore, etc, but with typing nowhere near as strong as klefki)
Clefable (great mon all-around, with good options, excellent usability as a cleric, and stored power sweeping like no other after some Calm Minds. good, but outclassed)

Stop mentioning Mega-Latias. We know literally nothing about it. How would anyone know if it was Fairy type or not? It was an unofficial leak and those aren't waters that should be crossed.

My favourite (and the only one I can get to pull its weight in OU) is Azumaril. Usually nets a KO with just Play Rough spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)