Pokémon The Best Fairy Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D: There's no love for Sylveon??? I think is the best Fairy type wall for now. I think togekiss is good too.

Last edited:
My personal favorite right now is Mawile. An effective 260(ish) base Attack in Mega forme? That's insanity,and it isn't even a glass cannon either, excellent Steel/Fairy typing with 50/125/95 defenses can take a beating. With some Wish support, this thing is going to be absolutely nasty in OU.

Just to give you all some more perspective, a maximum Attack M-Mawile has a higher effective Attack than a positive natured max EV Deoxys-A with Life Orb (Deoxys almost never runs LO over Sash anyway and always runs positive speed, so Mawile is actually convincingly more powerful in terms of standard sets). Seriously, even my crappy in-game Mawile runs a train over people online.

On a more objective note, Togekiss is shaping up to be a top tier threat, and Sylveon offers great utility as well.
I have to agree so much with you and at this rate my malwile will be my first level 100 it's just so much awesome

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Banded Azumarill has the power to OHKO Most Dragonite through multiscale W/ Play Rough. That being said, Azumarill has to be the top OU fairy threat in the game. Togekiss is up there with its great bulk, Great Movepool and ability to 2hko most pokes with some investment in Special attack. Mega-Gardevior deserves mention with its Diverse movepool, insane special attack stat, and Decent base 100 speed (which becomes great with sticky web up). Along with it's base 135 special defense, it really can be a threat when used properly. All three of these get access to boosting moves which they can use to set up on a lot of the metagame, Azumarill being the scariest one with its great bulk and access to belly drum and aqua jet. Other than these 3 there aren't much worth mentioning, Klefki being gimmicky and predictable and Xerneas being uber. Mawile is cool, but can be countered easy as its unboosted sucker punch won't kill much at the risk of being killed itself. Yes it run's through teams....that aren't prepared to handle a physical threat, or a player that doesn't know how to predict well.

I really like Azumarill. Her coverage is amazing. I don't put a choice item on her to really take advantage of that coverage.

Waterfall
Superpower
Play Rough
Ice Punch

It'd be nice if she had more bulk, but with full investment in HP she can wither some hits. Plus she walls Greninja wonderfully.

Clefable... new fairy type + got an increase in special attack.. has sucha nice movepool, and a wide range of different sets

togekiss

azumarill is very weak

2hko for dragonite band and garchomp equakes
What are you talking about Azumarill is very weak? His ability doubles his attack stat, and strap a Choice Band or Life Orb on him with STAB Waterfall and Play Rough and he is a huge threat. Plus he has decent bulk to top it off

I'm putting out word for Mawile, simply because its Mega evo is such a boss. It got everything it needed: an absolutely gigantic boost to its attack, much better bulk, and an extremely good typing in Steel/Fairy. Before Mega-evolving, it can switch in on quite a few physical attacks with Intimidate, and then Mega evolve and destroy things with Huge Power STAB Play Rough or other powerful moves. It doesn't really mind being slow because of its reasonable bulk and Sucker Punch. It can also boost its massive attack further with Swords Dance. It's one of the most powerful physical attackers in the game, if not most powerful in terms of immediate raw damage output.

Also, first post. :)

What are you talking about Azumarill is very weak? His ability doubles his attack stat, and strap a Choice Band or Life Orb on him with STAB Waterfall and Play Rough and he is a huge threat. Plus he has decent bulk to top it off
He's referring to it's poor bulk and the fact top dragon threats in OU like Dnite and Mence have plenty of tools to deal with it easily.

My vote goes to Mawile. Great defensive typing and bulk along with insane attack that results in a nasty sucker punch. If you aren't prepared for the thing you're going to get sweeped, and hard. With support it's just not funny how scary it is.

[Mawile is] one of the most powerful physical attackers in the game, if not most powerful in terms of immediate raw damage output.
The most powerful single-strike in the game is actually Mega-Medicham's High Jump Kick.

Not that Mega-Mawile is weak by any stretch of the imagination... but its movepool leaves much to be desired. Being stuck with base 80 / base 90 attacks really hampers its attacking prowness. (Ex: Mega-Lucario's Close Combat is more powerful than Mega-Mawile's Play Rough)

What Mawile gets however, is an absolutely ferocious Sucker Punch / Brick Break / Thunder Punch. With +2 Sucker Punch OHKOs Garchomp, +2 Brick Break OHKO's Ferrothorn, +2 Thunder Punch (Pokebank) OHKOs Skarmory. +2 Play Rough manages to OHKO Reuniclus as well. So while Mawile doesn't necessarily have the most powerful strike in the game, it certainly has the most powerful "coverage moves" in the game, making it very hard to wall.

Still, the low speed of Mawile makes it hard to sweep with her. Without Speed investment... Mawile is outsped by Blissey, and even is outsped by 252 Speed Scizor that has been slowed down by Sticky Web. 50-base speed is extremely limiting from a sweeping perspective.

But damn, Mawile can take a hit, and deliver an even bigger one.

The most powerful single-strike in the game is actually Mega-Medicham's High Jump Kick.

Not that Mega-Mawile is weak by any stretch of the imagination... but its movepool leaves much to be desired. Being stuck with base 80 / base 90 attacks really hampers its attacking prowness. (Ex: Mega-Lucario's Close Combat is more powerful than Mega-Mawile's Play Rough)

What Mawile gets however, is an absolutely ferocious Sucker Punch / Brick Break / Thunder Punch. With +2 Sucker Punch OHKOs Garchomp, +2 Brick Break OHKO's Ferrothorn, +2 Thunder Punch (Pokebank) OHKOs Skarmory. +2 Play Rough manages to OHKO Reuniclus as well. So while Mawile doesn't necessarily have the most powerful strike in the game, it certainly has the most powerful "coverage moves" in the game, making it very hard to wall.

Still, the low speed of Mawile makes it hard to sweep with her. Without Speed investment... Mawile is outsped by Blissey, and even is outsped by 252 Speed Scizor that has been slowed down by Sticky Web. 50-base speed is extremely limiting from a sweeping perspective.

But damn, Mawile can take a hit, and deliver an even bigger one.
Yeah, forgot about Mega-Medicham. Nonetheless, Mega-Mawile still hits like a truck, and the low speed isn't that much of a problem. You could always put a little bit of speed in to outspeed specific threats. I run enough to outspeed base 60s like Tyranitar and Aegislash who don't invest in any speed on mine, for example, and it still takes hits well enough. Also, Azumarill also has base 50 speed and doesn't seem to be hampered too much.

I am really impressed by Klefki. Having access to priority spikes and swagger, with a bit of prediction it can lay down 3 layers of hazards easily while dealing damage through confusion. perhaps not up there with M-Mawile, Kiss and Azu but still pretty awesome

He's referring to it's poor bulk and the fact top dragon threats in OU like Dnite and Mence have plenty of tools to deal with it easily.
100/80/80 is hardly "poor bulk". Salamence (which are pretty badly checked by fairies honestly) can barely scratch 55% against Azumarill with a +1 Earthquake. I guess you could run Thunder Fang if you hate Azumarill and Togekiss that much, but I haven't actually seen any running that.

Also, agreeing with everyone that Mawile is a wrecking ball. In Pokébank, a Subpunch set really does wonders and fixes a lot of its coverage problems. It's great combined with Sucker Punch for mindgames.

Last edited:
If clefable had play rough it would be OU without a shadow of a doubt with the combination of Unaware + Psych up but I can definitely see it as UU, All of it's abilities are good and post-pokebank it has a great movepool and stats to utilize

Azumarill and Mawile are probably my choices as the best of the fairy typing, they both have useful resistances (turning one of fairy's weaknesses into an Immunity/Neutral hit) strong stabs, and strong move pools

also Klefki. Never useless on any team i've ran him on. He's just too good at everything he can do

Klefki has been the most lethal one to deal with for me. Just such a team crippler if used right. I really hate that it has such great competitive ability since it's easily my least favorite new design of Gen 6. I was hoping it would suck and end up NU. Couldn't be more opposite unfortunately.

Klefki has been the most lethal one to deal with for me. Just such a team crippler if used right. I really hate that it has such great competitive ability since it's easily my least favorite new design of Gen 6. I was hoping it would suck and end up NU. Couldn't be more opposite unfortunately.
Worry not, he will most likely be uu for the reasons that it hates ground types and also can't paralyze them, annoying doesn't mean ou, and just from my experiences (which doesn't mean much) I don't see it that often. Plus taunt shuts this thing down.

Worry not, he will most likely be uu for the reasons that it hates ground types and also can't paralyze them, annoying doesn't mean ou, and just from my experiences (which doesn't mean much) I don't see it that often. Plus taunt shuts this thing down.
The problem with Klefki is that because of Prankster, it will still be able to do SOMETHING before getting Taunted. If that something is, say, a Thunder Wave, then your Taunter now is crippled. Admittedly, it will be less of a problem once the genies get reintroduced (Thunderus/Tornadus lols all over Klefki) but as it is now in the PrePokebank meta, I still see this thing as OU. It's just so hard to deal with effectively.

The problem with Klefki is that because of Prankster, it will still be able to do SOMETHING before getting Taunted. If that something is, say, a Thunder Wave, then your Taunter now is crippled. Admittedly, it will be less of a problem once the genies get reintroduced (Thunderus/Tornadus lols all over Klefki) but as it is now in the PrePokebank meta, I still see this thing as OU. It's just so hard to deal with effectively.
That's definately true about the taunt thing, but still ground types laugh at this thing

Can't really go wrong with Klefki and those priority spikes. I started running a modest specs Magnezone on my team just to prevent it from setting up 3 layers, 1 layer is bad enough.

Overall though I'd say Azumarill is the best and most versatile. Can run choice band or other items and finish off weakened opponents with an aqua jet.

I find Granbull to be consistently underrated and takes a lot of people by surprise. While it's not the best Fairy ever, its unique traits make it worth consideration.

Thanks to Intimidate it is significantly physically bulky when EVd for Defense. And unlike the other Intimidating Fairy it is not weak to Ground nor Fire and keeps its Fighting resistance so it avoids the traditional Dragon coverage options. It is quite well suited to check many physical-based Dragon, Dark and Fighting types and threaten back with Play Rough or Thunder Wave. With 120 attack it stands as the best Fairy-type user of the Rough/Quake attack combo in the game. Even uninvested it will 2-KO most Dragons. It also has some useful support options such as Heal Bell and Roar and can pull of a Rest/Talk set reasonably well (thanks Sleep mechanics reversion!).

Yet it has some big issues: no 50% recovery move and really lacking in Sp.Def and Speed. Even so, I think you'll be surprised how effective it is when played to its strengths and used intelligently.

Granbull also wants to invest in its decent 120 Attack, and as such, it will probably have to run 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def with a Bold nature (or 248 HP / 8 Def, if HP ends up being divisible by 8) and Leftovers.

But 120 Atk is more than enough to function in OU, though niche it will be. However, in Doubles, with Trick Room support, Granbull is something to be aware of as I think it has SlideQuake access.

Edit: Checked; it has SlideQuake access as well as Crunch, Close Combat and Play Rough.
SlideQuake + Play Rough gives perfect neutral coverage outside of Bronzong (whereas Skarmory won't take jack squat from a Rock Slide in Doubles either, but it can't really Roost outside of Trick Room, risking an Earthquake).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)