The Everything NFL Thread v2.0

The number one way to tell if someone really knows what their talking about is if they suggest a QB or WR over some offensive linemen or a running game. Unless you have Ben Roethlisberger (we do :]) you need some type of offensive line to do ANYTHING. Three first round wide recievers and an great quarterback mean nothing if the defense can only rush three, have no fear of a run, and drop 8 back into coverage.

That being said, the Lions cannot pass up Sam Bradford. Go lose 16 more, it will be worth it. Bradford has the arm, accuracy, and confidence to get shit done in the NFL. He's the next great quarterback imo.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well there's very little doubt in my mind that the Lions will pick Stafford. While they might need an OT or a quality MLB more than a QB, they will still pick Stafford because their franchise needs a face that isn't Matt Millen.

Stafford's arm has the power to get to Calvin Johnson and the accuracy to get it to the Lions receivers and not the defending team. Also, chances are that he won't walk out of bounds in the end zone, which is always a plus.

Lions need to take Jason Smith first because without an offensive line you can't do anything. Good offensive lines make subpar quarterbacks decent and decent quarterbacks good. Have Daunte Culpepper play and win you 4 or 5 games then like nizik said go take Bradford next year.

Lions need to take Jason Smith first because without an offensive line you can't do anything. Good offensive lines make subpar quarterbacks decent and decent quarterbacks good. Have Daunte Culpepper play and win you 4 or 5 games then like nizik said go take Bradford next year.

I agree with this! Plus, Stafford will take a couple years to develop, just like most rookie QB's, and it doesn't help that the Lions have a VERY poor offensive line. It is much easier to build a team with an offensive line, because they are more consistent than a QB, and they can make an immediate impact on a team in one season.

I think the Lions should take Smith, and they will improve their record by 3-4 wins. They will still get a top 5 pick next year, and then they can pick a QB then. The QB class next year will be much better than this year.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Your argument works just as well if the Lions take Stafford this year. The Lions, if they do badly after drafting Stafford, which you believe they will, will get a very good first round draft pick which they can use to draft a quality offensive lineman or 5. Then at that time, the Lions will have a quarterback who has a year's experience in the NFL, a better offensive line, and they can be semi-contenders.

Offensive lineman have a more profound and immediate effect on a team, so they don't need to be taken as soon as possible. Quarterbacks will have to adjust to the NFL, and with a quarterback who isn't used to throwing over 6 foot tall defensive lineman, or avoiding sacks from the best DE's, and if they draft a quarterback this year, then that process will happen sooner rather than later. Drafting a quarterback a year later would mean 2 years of having no chance, drafting a quarterback this year gives them more hope to do well in the following season.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Duly noted, but I won't be around by then. It'll be on you, my son. My heir. THE NEXT GREAT ONE.

I am pleased with the Seahawks' selection of Aaron Curry. He is very talented and will fit in nicely with Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill, complementing what was already one of the most talented linebacking corps in the league.

Falcons had another helluva draft. Peria Jerry at 24, this guy is a pure disruptor in the middle. Falcons went after Glenn Dorsey through a trade, couldn't pick him and got Jerry. Jerry was awesome at Ole Miss. Then, William Moore at 55? That is a STEAL! This guy is a speedy safety with ballhawk abillities. He is perfect for the Falcons Cover 2/3/4 scheme. He was my most wanted player and we got him.

Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons GM = Savior

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am pleased with the Seahawks' selection of Aaron Curry. He is very talented and will fit in nicely with Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill, complementing what was already one of the most talented linebacking corps in the league.
Leroy Hill is a free agent; the Seahawks have removed the franchise tag on him.

I'm iffy about the draft...there was an offensive tackle with a first round graded sitting at the 5 spot and we take a LB who just converted from RB...on the other hand Orakpo imo is the 2nd best defensive player in the draft by far and will make at least a few Pro Bowls.

Pretty glad that the Falcons FINALLY got a reliable Tight End in Tony Gonzalez. They have the NFC South locked up imo... though they have a harsh schedule. They are going to be put to the test this year. I'm gonna give them 10 wins...maybe.

I hate when Bill messes with me.

The Pats trade two first round picks, at first I was scared, but I think we cleand up nice in the second round.

I also am really glad that Pat White found a team, I have always like him and am glad he got a team. Too bad he will only be used for gimmick plays in Miami.

Pennington, Henne and now White? That could be a pretty good QB core in Miami.

P.S. Sorry Raiders fans :(

steelers did a good job adding depth to a solid team. :) surprised they didn't pick a single linebacker though, they usually take one.

Pretty glad that the Falcons FINALLY got a reliable Tight End in Tony Gonzalez. They have the NFC South locked up imo... though they have a harsh schedule. They are going to be put to the test this year. I'm gonna give them 10 wins...maybe.
I think they have the NFC South comfortably this year.

They do have the South this year. Honestly, say what you will, but football comes down to quarterback play, and the South has 2 competent QBs (Brees and Ryan) Delhomme is a joke. The Bucs have been looking for the guy and never found him. Ryan has Peyton Manning-like work ethic, as does Brees and they can make all the throws. But, the Saints don't have a defense, and the Falcons do =D

I like the 49ers picks, Crabtree should be a nice addition, and hopefully Hill (likely) or Smith will improve throughout the preseason so they can get it to him and the other WRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)