The Everything NHL Thread

Wow turns out I was wrong about my score being 4-4-2. Apparently I didn't meet the minimum amount of starts needed (3), as my goalies only played 2 games total (Stupid Leighton started over Ward). =[

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Only a little over a year. Except I hated him as a player, thus I hate him as a GM. He fucked over my boy Ted Nolan... well, in all fairness Charles Wang probably had a huge hand in that.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Only a little over a year. Except I hated him as a player, thus I hate him as a GM. He fucked over my boy Ted Nolan... well, in all fairness Charles Wang probably had a huge hand in that.
and in return, the islanders have their "hands all over wang" in the standings

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
At least we're doing better than the Flyers.

That being said the Islanders are a shit team plagued by a string of shit owners and shit GMs. I said before the season started I'd be happy if we finished within 3 games of .500.

I agree, the Nolan thing was bullshit. Nolan's a damn good coach. I was sorry to see him go.

Just turned the game on, due to Election converage that had my attention. Were any of the goals on either side any good?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Again Bender, are you watching the games? Budaj seriously had little chance on 2 of those.

I think there is a reason the AVs are starting Budaj after allowing 5 goals and 3 goals on a few shots; it's because (well obviously Raycroft isn't an optimal goalie lol but he seems like dependable backup) they realize that the defense in front of him is just allowing way too many opportune chances.

Have you been either?

He is always scrambling in net and his positioning is off. Also the goal where he tried to glove it out of the air missed and put it right on bertuzzi's stick in the slot was horrible and the 3rd goal by Calgary was one he absoultly should of had. He is just not a #1 goalie and its showing but he is still better than Raycroft or at least since the last I have seen him play.

Lets put it this way, before you start reaming a goalie. put on pads and see how easy it is to play. Same for any position really. IF Budaj bothers you so much, drop him from your team, you dont HAVE to keep him if you think he is bad.

Lets put it this way, before you start reaming a goalie. put on pads and see how easy it is to play. Same for any position really. IF Budaj bothers you so much, drop him from your team, you dont HAVE to keep him if you think he is bad.
Even if Budaj 'sucks', he's too valuable to drop (unless Raycroft steals his job). Colorado will start winning soon...I hope.

Edit: On another note, Bertuzzi is doing nicely on the top line with Langkow and Iginla. :)

Even if Budaj 'sucks', he's too valuable to drop (unless Raycroft steals his job). Colorado will start winning soon...I hope.

Edit: On another note, Bertuzzi is doing nicely on the top line with Langkow and Iginla. :)
I thought he would do well and that is exactly why I picked him up in the later rounds. But yeah, Budaj isnt worth dropping and I mean really, unless you can do a better job than a player, you probably shouldnt trash them haha. I know, I get trashed some times too, but I just invite whoever is doing it to step onto the ice with me and that stops it right quick

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well I don't agree with psycho's implication that you shouldn't criticize unless you participate, but seriously Colorado's D is horrendous Bender I don't see how you can blame Budaj more than that D.

By the way, Aldaron, any particular reason you dropped Auld? I figure he's good for anywhere from 30-40 starts at least, with a team that should win more games than they lose.

i doubt he gets scratched but keep in mind he's only playing where he is because of injury also

tsn said:
He was asked about arbitration, by which he says he’s willing to abide.

“Whatever they decide … if the court says I have to go back (to the NHL), I’ll go back,” Radulov said.

Here it comes...

“If it says you’re free, I will stay here until the end of the year for sure because I have a contract here right now. The season has started and I’ve already played 15 games. I can’t just leave my team.”

From the mouths of babes.

Yes, Alex, that is truly admirable. You certainly wouldn’t want to abandon your team when you’re already under contract to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)