The Everything NHL Thread

Here is something I am sure all of us who own Ducks can enjoy together.

espn said:
Parros, 28, also had two shots on goal, no penalty minutes and a blocked shot. Parros now has more goals than teammates Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermayer, Corey Perry, Chris Kunitz, Ryan Getzlaf and Brendan Morrison combined through seven games, but his binge isn't likely to continue.

And since mostly all of us hate the ducks(sorry, zerowing), I guess we can enjoy the real life implications too!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
In response to Allan Muir's article about the Toronto nonsense, I wrote this:

Not to be a homer, but Buffalo would not be hurt at all by a second Toronto franchise, the same way it wouldn't have been hurt by a Hamilton team. Having traveled greatly throughout that area of Ontario, as well as growing up all over western New York, has taught me that those Canadians are fiercely loyal to their country and to root for the Sabres is the utmost blasphemy. Buffalo has a solid fan base right here in NY; it wasn't by coincidence that we're selling out more games than ever in the past 3 years and continue to go strong.

As for another Canadian franchise... if the Coyotes are doing so poorly, why not move them back to Winnipeg? Don't you think that with the bevy of young talent that team is forming, along with being coached by Canada's One Son, that they'd be welcomed with open arms no matter what the strength of the economy?

George Parros, the Anaheim sniper, boxer, and former Princeton graduate, where he earned three time ECAC academic honors on the ECAC All-Academic team...

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mois internet is down until the weekend, so basically lucky for whoever is playing him.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I dont want to have to hate 2 Toronto teams and giving that city twice as much chances to win the cup. I'd much rather see a team in Hamilton.

I also agree with DM, I very much doubt Buffalo's market includes Canadians from Hamilton, they are very much likely Leafs fans (or at least when the Leafs are good).

Also, fuck Winnipeg, just bring back the Nordiques.

Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin will drop the ceremonial first puck Friday night before the St. Louis Blues’ game against the Los Angeles Kings.

The Alaska governor and self-described “hockey mom” also dropped the first puck Oct. 11 before Philadelphia’s home opener against the New York Rangers.

Palin has an appearance Friday at Missouri State University in Springfield.
Can we expect her to drop a puck every 2 weeks?

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
To all those saying the divisions are skewed:

Notice that there is no overlap between divisions, and the conferences are divided along a clear line. You could probably make a case for bumping Atlanta to the West and Detroit or Columbus to the East, and perhaps naming the "Pacific" division to "Southwest" or something, but other than that this is a pretty solid scheme, especially compared to this:

I agree that they are better than the NFL, but at the same time, teams in the east travel very small amounts to play, and time zones arent a factor as much. Whereas teams like detroit, st. louis, nashville travel hours across three time zones to play games, it seems kinda unfair.

I think it's just how the country is set up, though, since most of the cities big enough to successfully house NHL teams are scattered on the coasts, much like the US's population as a whole. The NFL kind of gets away with it since it uses some cities in the middle of the US that wouldn't work as well for the NHL(Kansas City, for instance) but that coast-and-coast set up is pretty true for most sports, I think. The teams in the middle are going to get fucked either way - the NHL just happens to use more eastern cities, so the fact most of the mid US teams are a little closer to the east(except Dallas who is probably the big winner here) just kind of has to be a necessary mistake, I guess.

In other news I'm trying to figure out why I didn't offer a center instead of Holmstrom in that trade with WER since it would have been better for both of us since he is loaded at RW already and weak at C.

I was strongly displeased with Edmonton's effort yesterday against Chicago. Although, the Hawks special teams fas very good, and Khabibulin was great, but Roli just fuckin failed us... It seems that the playoffs are the only real time that he shows off. Bring back Garon!!

I'm surprised that the Flyers still have not picked up a win yet. Apart from Biron not being the beast he was last year, you think this could be a coaching problem?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nah, it's a "don't play good defense" and a "don't mark your man" kind of problem.

That said, the flyers play physically and they have the offensive talent to turn around their problems once they start playing intelligently on defense.

They'll be fine.

The Ducks, however, are looking terrible lol (much to everyone's glee).

Besides the fact that Scotty N. is one of my favorite players and I really like Teemu, I hate the Ducks, and I hope they don't turn this around.

I also hope Giggy and his inflated pads keep stinking so Carl suffers.

Nah, it's a "don't play good defense" and a "don't mark your man" kind of problem.

That said, the flyers play physically and they have the offensive talent to turn around their problems once they start playing intelligently on defense.

They'll be fine.

The Ducks, however, are looking terrible lol (much to everyone's glee).

Besides the fact that Scotty N. is one of my favorite players and I really like Teemu, I hate the Ducks, and I hope they don't turn this around.

I also hope Giggy and his inflated pads keep stinking so Carl suffers.
If the defensive play doesn't change, then that could be a good thing for the Leafs (as they're trying to trade away their defencemen).

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
you're just jealous that i have the best team.. it's only a matter of time before my goalies put up decent numbers on a consistent basis.

Also somewhat late, but with all the discussion we normally have about best division, what the hell has happened to the Pacific? Outside of the Kings(who are finally starting to look a little less bad) it was showing every indication of being one of the, if not the single best divisions in hockey and outside of the Sharks everyone else is below a point per game... Anaheim and Dallas look really sloppy in particular, strange how such a strong division has look so poor in the first couple weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)