The Everything NHL Thread

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Bruins v Sabres tonight, this should be a fun game to watch. I'm sure they haven't forgotten when Ryan Miller ran directly into Lucic in the middle of a breakaway and then tried smashing Lucic's knees with his stick. This will be a fun match if you love penalty minutes.
1. None of our fighters are any good. If there are fights, I don't expect us to win any.

2. You're ridiculous.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blegh i dont know why the bruins could never mark the man at the far post. Most of those goals were pretty much impossible for rask to stop...

I guess the bruins were due to lose one in the third, hopefully theyll bounce back though

Also am i the only one who thought scott pinning thorton's head to the glass to punch him was a mite bit dirty?

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, tough, physical, great game to watch.

Blegh i dont know why the bruins could never mark the man at the far post. Most of those goals were pretty much impossible for rask to stop...

I guess the bruins were due to lose one in the third, hopefully theyll bounce back though
We have another B's fan??? Awesome!!

Also am i the only one who thought scott pinning thorton's head to the glass to punch him was a mite bit dirty?
It would take a lot more than one punch for the Bruins to be able to claim something is dirty....they're one of, if not the most physical team in the league and they hit people like that all the time. For me to think it's a dirty play against the Bruins it would have to be on "The Vancouver Canucks are literally biting and headshotting people on national TV while their coaches laugh" levels.

Why are the Caps so AWFUL?

I understand that our big 3 have played like shit but I thought our other guys were at least decent. I think we have the six worst d-men in the league.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We have another B's fan??? Awesome!!
Goddamnit.

It would take a lot more than one punch for the Bruins to be able to claim something is dirty....they're one of, if not the most physical team in the league and they hit people like that all the time. For me to think it's a dirty play against the Bruins it would have to be on "The Vancouver Canucks are literally biting and headshotting people on national TV while their coaches laugh" levels.
Can't help that Burrows was hungry and had a taste for human flesh :> Also fuck Aaron Rome he's dumb for that headshot, but you can't seriously think the shit Marchand tries to pull is any better.

Also Nucks vs shithawks tonight, should be exciting :D Schneider to start (go figure).

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1. John Scott
His first fight this season was against Colton Orr, and Orr definitely came out the winner. I shouldn't have judged him on just one fight, he fucking concussed Thornton.

Wow, tough, physical, great game to watch.
That really was an awesome game, start to finish. Both goalies played as well as a couple goalies that let in 10 combined goals can. Super entertaining hockey.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm pleasantly surprised that the Oilers of all teams would be the first to hold Marleau and Thornton pointless. Forcing a shootout is good enough by my books considering how the first meeting went...

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Goaltending controversy? Goaltending controversy.

Lol not really.

Crawford let a softie through. Love how our rookies are stepping up this season (okay Kassian doesn't count but whatever). Kassian definitely living up to what he was projected to be.

Not sure how Hodgson still on the top line. Weak acceleration and not very good defensively e.g. being on ice for 3 of Boston's 4 goals. The entire line (and the team) is being carried by Vanek and and to a point Pominville. Feel that if Roy wasn't such a lazy slob he'd be an amazing fit for their first line. Though I guess putting Grigs on your first line isn't a very good idea either since he's still fairly raw so...

fukkin LMAO @ Sharp and Leddy taking shootouts before like half of the roster. If that's honestly the best the Hawks have to offer in the shootout then I fucking hope we never have to do one again.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Not sure how Hodgson still on the top line. Weak acceleration and not very good defensively e.g. being on ice for 3 of Boston's 4 goals. The entire line (and the team) is being carried by Vanek and and to a point Pominville. Feel that if Roy wasn't such a lazy slob he'd be an amazing fit for their first line. Though I guess putting Grigs on your first line isn't a very good idea either since he's still fairly raw so...
He is actually playing really well, and you know as well as anyone that +/- is not a great indicator of whose fault it is when a goal is scored. (Seriously, they were all Myers and Leopold's faults). He isn't putting up as many points as Van and Pom, but he's still almost PPG in the early season and is 3rd on the team in points behind those two.

It's still too early to say who got the better side of the trade, as Sulzer is starting to come along a little bit as well by playing with Ehrhoff. Kassian has been a beast so far, I hope he keeps it up for the Canucks.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wasn't referring explicitly to his +/- but more his defensive play is hampered because of his skating, something that's translated from his stay in Vancouver to Buffalo. Unfortunately he has the burden of now playing a 1st line role instead of a sheltered 3rd line role; I'm not taking anything away from his offensive skill but more that his defensive role needs a lot more work before he can be a bonafide #1 center which he isn't at the moment. I wish Buffalo had a center before him so he could play a second liner role without being exposed from time to time.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Ah, yeah, I get your point. Sad part is that because of this team's glaring lack of an elite centerman, which has been their glaring weakness since Briere and Drury left, Hodgson has been forced into the #1 role. He has the potential to take the job, and so does Grigorenko (but he's only 18). So, at the moment, we have three #2s, Hodgson/Ennis/Grigorenko, with Ott as a solid 3rd/4th line center.

Ugh. On paper we are supposed to have so much firepower. Stafford needs to remove his head from whatever ass he stuck it in this time.

Ah, yeah, I get your point. Sad part is that because of this team's glaring lack of an elite centerman, which has been their glaring weakness since Briere and Drury left, Hodgson has been forced into the #1 role. He has the potential to take the job, and so does Grigorenko (but he's only 18). So, at the moment, we have three #2s, Hodgson/Ennis/Grigorenko, with Ott as a solid 3rd/4th line center.

Ugh. On paper we are supposed to have so much firepower. Stafford needs to remove his head from whatever ass he stuck it in this time.
It looks like Vanek and Miller will have to carry this team to the playoffs.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
David Clarkson is a 30-goal scoring wing that could start on basically every team, who can also punch out the other team's best fighter. Holllyy crap thank god he's on my favorite team and not yours.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He is actually playing really well, and you know as well as anyone that +/- is not a great indicator of whose fault it is when a goal is scored. (Seriously, they were all Myers and Leopold's faults). He isn't putting up as many points as Van and Pom, but he's still almost PPG in the early season and is 3rd on the team in points behind those two.

It's still too early to say who got the better side of the trade, as Sulzer is starting to come along a little bit as well by playing with Ehrhoff. Kassian has been a beast so far, I hope he keeps it up for the Canucks.
Speaking of Myers, holy god this guy stinks right now. He's literally been worse every season since his Calder Trophy season. Is it just him not having any chemistry whatsoever with Leopold or is he going the way of Phaneuf?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)