The Exclusion Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Exclusion Tournament - ROUND 1 has begun

Approved by Sonuis

This idea was made by me and mate Mosers15 (who you might not know). We were discussing on how the metagame would change if popular movesets of overused Pokemons were diminished. So once X-Act announced the typical movesets used in Septemebr statistics here: http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/Smogon%20Battle%20Statistics%20-%20Standard%20Ladder%20-%20Sept%202008%20Output.txt

We decided that if we eliminated the usage of those complete movesets of all those moves it would surely change how the metagame revolves and contribute mass prediction.

So I've decided to test this idea out in an old fashion tournament. Basically, the tournament eradicates all popular movesets of any Pokemons you decide to use.

For example:

1. HEATRAN (Usages: 83128)

Typical moveset:
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power
* Dragon Pulse can replace any of the four moves listed.

If you decided to use Heatran in your team, you cannot use any moveset that combines to create any of the moves stated above. So you must change this Heatran and swap one of its popular moves with a move that isn't popular. So I'll decide to swap Hidden Power for Substitute. And that is how all your Pokemons must be used. None of the Pokemons in your team can correlate a complete popular moveset listed here: http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/Smogon Battle Statistics - Standard Ladder - Sept 2008 Output.txt

In every round, you add a stipulation that you have to exclude one more move from the pokemon. Like, in round 2, to continue with Arin's Heatran example, if you wanted to use Heatran, you would have to use something like Fire Blast/Earth Power/Substitute/Dark Pulse, and in round 3 you would have to use Fire Blast/Flash Cannon/Substitute/Dark Pulse, eventually getting to where you could use none of the most common moves?
So those are the special rules. And these will be the standard rules for the tournament battles:

Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
In the OU environment, you are not allowed to use pokémon classified as Uber.
All tiers are based on Smogon Tiers.
Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
Freeze Clause. A player cannot freeze two or more different opposing Pokémon.
Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill illegal move to have on a pokémon's move set.
Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
If you won your match you must provide me with proof through a saved log.

*After signing up, you will have to provide me information ofthe six Pokemons you have decided to use each round. I will only need that Pokemons you're using and their movesets, nothing else. This is to prohibit cheating and for statistical purposes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 1

Key
--------------------------------------------------------------
*RED = Those that have not PM'd me their teams and have been approval.
*BLACK = Those that have their teams approved.
*BOLDED = Resembles winner.
*vs = Battle cannot begin until both person have had their teams approved.
*vs = Battle may begin.
---------------------------------------------------------------

All matches were configured by this device: http://mingo.info-science.uiowa.edu/~light/pairs.php

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cynthia vs Dekzeh

mintyfresh7 vs SilentEcho

Shiny Crobat vs chaos 9

Mosers15 vs Towlie

Astamatitos vs stone cold22

Goldfan vs Blue Kirby

Bender vs Shaft

KD24 vs MetaNite

SilentMartyr vs darkie

joshua vs UsainBolt

asiankid123 vs Son of Thunder

Hipmonlee vs Mizuno

Game Freak201 vs tennisace0227

Hastesin vs Clifford

Earthworm vs PakGamer

Battlulz vs Itchni

Gormenghast vs fede125955

Captain Falcon vs Kazio32

Kevin Garret vs iluvluvdisc

Master of the Six Kings vs Olie

Mien vs Twash Man

NICKALATER vs Da Letter El

Blame Game vs Warthog

LonelyNess vs Coconut Storm

Brian McCahn vs Mario310

Imperfectluck vs Itachi109

OGBaLLiN vs ManiacLyrasist

Aeroblacktyl vs Maji

Druggedfox vs Rag

Puggy vs TAY

MoonlightShadow vs ^_^

EchizenRyoma vs Absoldeath

sportfreak vs Twist of Fate

Jackal vs Serenity

motnaph121 vs Caelum

die eter vs Acaso

alive vs RB Golbat

Taylor vs Accipender

Gouki vs Atticus

Frosty vs Chawla

Sapienta vs Fishin

Venom vs Dragonknight08

ButtMunch vs Jolteon

Stalefish vs Articanus

CHENN vs romeojustdie

Fabbles vs Philip7086

snorlax vs Biglsworth

Giga Punch vs gmax

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*All Pokemon's with their movesets must be provided to me before this date: November 1, 2008

*Deadline for Round 1: November 10, 2008

in for spare time purposes

EDIT: just to be clear, say for the said heatran, you can't use Earth Power, Explosion, Fire Blast, AND Hidden Power? Or just unallowed to use ONE of those moves. basically asking, ALL or ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)