The Great Melee

tavok said:
Psychic (Muk) - Chill - Zen Headbutt (Muk)
IF succesfuly P/E then Chill and push actions back.
IF Muk leaves THEN Chill - Chill - Chill.
IF damaging fire type combo THEN Agility and push actions back.
Matezoide said:
Chill -> Brick Break (Lucario) -> Chill
Eternal Drifter said:
Achisuto the Smeargle, Painter of Fate:
Action 1: Moonlight
Action 2: Foul Play (Gela's Gyarados)
Action 3: Dragon Rage (Gela's Gyarados)

IF Gela's Gyarados uses a Protective/Evasive action, Chill and push actions back. Do not play this substitution twice in a row.
IF Gela's Gyarados uses Rain Dance AND Achisuto has not used Moonlight yet, Chill instead of using Moonlight.
IF fully paralyzed, push actions back.
Birkal and starwarsfan did not send in orders and will idle.

Gela:

Double-Edge~Double-Edge~Double-Edge

Last edited:
Welcome back. I am proud to preside over a sort-of-casualty, which is more than I was expecting from you assholes. Sure, it came from AI stupidity more than anything, and an entire section saw no progress but residual damage, but I will take it at this point. As you might be aware, I am presently engaged in writing a long and epic story based around one of the four narrators of this match. Because of this it would be greatly appreciated if you hurried up. By which I mean that if this arena is a raid boss you are about two turns from Enrage. You have been warned.

There are a few things that any Gyarados trainer knows. Namely, strobe lights should be avoided at all costs and the actual evolution can be nightmarish. Unless you want to capture a wild Gyarados and, well, good luck with that. The third thing is that once a Gyarados starts to rampage there is basically no controlling it until it gets hit sufficiently hard. And "sufficiently hard" is relative for enormous sea monsters. So I was basically stuck with no control over the match at this point.

"Moonlight."

The Smeargle began to glow silver as Drako thrashed against him and the concrete floor of the area. While the glow grew brighter whenever the artist was struck it was only barely enough to counteract the force of the tackles. But Drako's blood continued to trickle into the water.

"Foul Play!"

Smeargle took another powerful strike before he began to move. He rolled over and began to taunt Drako, beckoning him to go for another blow. The snake obliged and came down directly over Smeargle before the normal-type quickly teleported out of the way. More red leaked into the pool upon impact.

"Dragon Rage yourself! Let's finish this!"

Smeargle began to glow blue as Drako went in for a final strike. The fire flared up upon contact and engulfed both in an explosion that obscured the outcome of the strike. But when the smoke cleared, Drako limply slipped back into the water as the Smeargle panted in place. It could barely stand, but barely standing counts as a victory.

I withdrew him and looked up at the swordsman. He was eying me strangely. I still had two perfectly healthy and powerful Pokemon on me, but I would rather avoid situations where I might need to use them. I bid him adieu and quickly hurried towards the office of Sawyer's brother to get Drako healed.

Action One!

Gyarados used Double-Edge!
RNG-hit: 1930 Yes
RNG-crit: 6767 No
[(14+4.5)] = 18.5 damage
-6.16 recoil
-13 EN

Smeargle used Moonlight!
RNG-prz: 6627 No
+25 HP
-15 EN

Action Two!

RNG-hit: 7097 Yes
RNG-crit: 2559 No
[(14+4.5)] = 18.5 damage
-6.16 recoil
-17 EN

Smeargle used Foul Play!
RNG-prz: 6486 No
RNG-crit: 6525 No
[(10+3)] = 13 damage
-7 EN

Action Three!

RNG-hit: 6326 Yes
RNG-crit: 3719 No
[(14+4.5)] = 18.5 damage
-6.16 HP
-21 EN

GYARADOS FAINTED!

Smeargle used Dragon Rage!
RNG-prz: 7213 No
But there was no target!
-5 EN

Smeargle's Paralysis stage fell!

With Medicham vanquished, Lucario turned to the Muk and the battle resumed. The steel-type's eyes glowed blue as the air rippled in front of it. The Muk was thrown back into a purple smear across the ranch before the globs slowly started to move back together into a coherent mass. Once it was reassembled, Muk simply stayed in place for a moment as it regained focus.

Then it slowly slid towards the panting Lucario and raised a fist. It slammed it hard into the Mega-evolution's chest and met little resistance, although the blow did not quite pack enough force to take the Lucario out. The target simply relaxed after taking the hit, apparently more concerned about collapsing from exhaustion than energy.

After taking a moment to breathe, Lucario mustered courage to slam his head into Muk's disgusting body. It was definitely a revolting experience, but the telekinetic energy he released in the attack did make Muk visibly recoil. However, it did not retaliate. Muk, too, was more concerned about energy than health.

Neither side had a particularity clear advantage. I was inclined to give the edge to Lucario, though, if only because Lucario are great Pokemon.

Action One!

Lucario used Psychic!
RNG-SpD: 4699 No
RNG-crit: 2674 No
[(9+1.5)*1.5] = 15.75 damage
-6.5 EN

Muk used Chill!
+12 EN

Action Two!

Lucario used Chill!
+12 EN

Muk used Brick Break!
RNG-crit: 2878 No
[(8+1.5)*1.5] = 14.25 damage
-6 EN

Action Three!

Lucario used Zen Headbutt!
RNG-flinch: 6021 No
RNG-crit: 5981 No
[(8+4.5)*1.5] = 18.75 damage
-6 EN

Muk used Chill!
+12 EN

I'm not doing flavor for "Togekiss took residual damage."

Togekiss lost 6 HP to Poison!

END OF ROUND STATISTICS

Umber Community: CLOSED

Marine Park:

Eternal Drifter's Smeargle: 26 HP, 2 Energy, Brightpowder, 5% Paralysis

Mars Family Ranch

tavok's Lucario: 35 HP, 14 Energy, Lucarionite, Mega-Evolved
Matezoide's Muk: 66 HP, 29 Energy

SS Anne Murder Mystery: Chills no longer possible

Birkal's Keckleon: 42 HP, 27 Energy, Everstone, Electric-type
starwarsfan's Togekiss: 36 HP, 56 Energy, Shiny Stone, Poisoned

Graveyard:
Pwnemon's Gallade
akela's Rhydon
Avnomke's Medicham

THINGS YOU SHOULD BE DOING

PM THREE ACTIONS BEFORE THE START OF THURSDAY. IF IT IS THURSDAY IN GMT -5, I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE ORDERS. The same is also true if all players get orders in before deadline. From the time I lock orders, expect a reffing within a few hours. And I get that it's kind of memetic at this point, but if we could not idle or stall it would be great. Look at ED as a shining example on how to kill two enemies in one game. Don't expect quite as much flavor in future updates because I am going to be pretty burned out from writing for two to three hours a day and taking care of other business (AP tests, finals, college stuff).

Eternal Drifter tavok Matezoide Birkal starwarsfan

Locking. Will ref tonight, but I want to do some of the groundwork throughout the day.

Birkal said:
Thunder Punch (Retain Type) (Togekiss) | Ice Punch (Ice) (Togekiss)
Third action will be interpreted as if no orders were given. Because no orders were given.

Matezoide said:
Flamethrower (Lucario) -> Flamethrower (Lucario) -> Brick-Break (Lucario)

If Double-Team, use Shadow Punch that action
If Endure AND you are not taunted AND Lucario is not behind a Substitute, Swagger that action, but only once
Eternal Drifter said:
Action 1: Chill
Action 2: Chill
Action 3: Chill
swf sent in no orders via PM, so his orders in the thread will be used. Tavok did not send in orders.

Last edited:
Assholes. Welcome back. I see that four of you sent in orders, which is pretty good for this game. The one of you who did not is no longer suffering from personhood. This should speed up the game a fair bit. You have also maneuvered yourself into what I would call the "endgame" where most areas are only occupied by a sole combatant. Logically, you would have an advantage by camping, forcing someone to come to you and waste Energy while you heal. Game theory thus suggests that this game will never end. But believe me, if you dare try it I will make it end. And it won't be pleasant. But enough with that; onto the round!

I happen to be writing a few thousand words of fiction a day at the moment. In other circumstances I might write a novella about a Smeargle chilling. You would be delusional to expect that from me now.

Smeargle used Chill!
RNG-prz: 5952 No
+12 EN

Smeargle used Chill
RNG-prz: 7199 No
+12 EN

Smeargle used Chill
RNG-prz: 7449 No
+12 EN

Smeargle's paralysis stage fell!

"Wait for him. Block in the meantime." Lucario's trainer was quickly running out of options. Earthquake was a risk in this field, psychic attacks had proven to be useful but not game-changing and Dig was far too energy-intensive to use. In many ways, he was content resigning himself to fate.

And his opponent was content using that to his advantage.

"Finish him!"

Muk bubbled for a moment before spitting out globs of toxic goop. They piled onto Lucario with ever increasing thickness. His trainer was confused; Lucario was immune to the poisons so they stayed harmlessly on his skin. Surely the enemy knew that. But he had no idea what else to do, so Lucario continued to warily eye the poison-type.

For a second Muk stopped. And then his mouth began to glow before he spewed out a concentrated stream of energy at Lucario. When the attack hit, all of the sludge instantly ignited. Flames now danced around the steel-type, burning his body badly. He tried running, kicking, telekinesis-everything really. But in the end there are only so many things he could do in that situation. By which I mean there was one thing he could do.

Collapse.

Muk pounded his fists into the ground, rejoicing in his victory as the opposing trainer withdrew his mega-evolution and walked away.

I thought to myself that there was nothing stopping that Muk trainer from asserting his dominance now.

Muk used Flamethrower!
RNG-brn: 6309 No
RNG-crit: 1438 No
[(9+3)*1.5] = 18 damage
-7 EN

Muk used Flamethrower!
RNG-brn: 933 Yes
RNG-crit: 1350 No
[(9+3)*1.5] = 18 damage
-11 EN

LUCARIO FAINTED!

Muk used Brick Break!
But there was no target!
-6 EN

Like a miniature reenactment of the big bang, action sprang from nothing.

Togekiss sunk low to the floor and began to preen his feathers, somehow perceiving no threat around him in the middle of hostile territory. On he groomed, as if to flaunt his lack of respect for his enemy. But his enemy would not be disrespected. With a flash of yellow thunder, the lizard's fist relit. It prowled closer and closer to the fairy. Togekiss raised his beak as he watched the punch hit him squarely in the back, but he did nothing to stop it, consumed in his arrogance or apathy.

The bird did rise, though, but chose to do nothing but watch as the Kecleon flashed once more. When the glow ended, the yellow monster and had become pure white and partially transparent. The bird reflected on his opponent's skin as he advanced, the air of the room becoming even colder as a small blizzard raged around the reptilian fist. The storm slammed into the flying beast and chilled his very bones, but he remained aloof and unaware, as if afraid to acknowledge that there was any threat in the room.

All the while, the poison continued to eat away his life.

The bird settled down once more to heal, but this time his apathy was justified. His enemy did not strike for whatever reason, granting him some respite to heal from the flogging he had just taken.

Action One!

Togekiss used Roost!
+20 HP
-11 EN

Kecleon used ThunderPunch!
RNG-prz: 3362 No
RNG-crit: 3467 No
[(8+3+2)] = 13 damage
-5 EN

Togekiss lost 2 HP to Poison!

Action Two!

Togekiss could not chill due to the Unsettling News!

Kecleon used Ice Punch!
Kecleon's type changed!
RNG-Frz: 4703 No
RNG-crit: 7634 No
[(8+3+2)*1.5] = 19.5 damage
-6 EN

Action Three

Togekiss used Roost!
+20 HP
-11 EN

END OF ROUND STATISTICS

Umber Community: CLOSED

Marine Park:

Eternal Drifter's Smeargle: 26 HP, 38 Energy, Brightpowder

Mars Family Ranch

Matezoide's Muk: 66 HP, 5 Energy

Birkal's Kecleon: 42 HP, 16 Energy, Everstone, Ice-type
starwarsfan's Togekiss: 37 HP, 34 Energy, Shiny Stone, Poisoned

Graveyard:
Pwnemon's Gallade
akela's Rhydon
Avnomke's Medicham
tavok's Lucario

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING

PM THREE ACTIONS BY THE END OF SUNDAY.

And I can understand why you would camp, but I would like to assure you that it is, while not a strictly inferior option, not a terribly better one than aggressively seeking enemies now. I can assure you of that.

Eternal Drifter tavok Birkal starwarsfan Matezoide

Last edited:
Birkal said:
Ice Punch (Togekiss) | Ice Beam (Togekiss) | Ice Punch (Togekiss)
Eternal Drifter said:
Action 1: Moonlight
Action 2: Chill
Action 3: Chill

IF Achisuto would be KOed due to arena affects Action 3, use Teleport (SS Anne) that action.
Matezoide said:
starwarsfan said:
no order given ~ roost ~ no order given
if birkal leaves move to the park

Welcome back, assholes. I am in the middle of a drought period of writing so you may get actual flavor for parts of today's updates. I also apologize for the tardiness of today's update, but I had a plethora of genuine excuses which is more than most of you can say when you miss a far shorter deadline with a far simpler task. But enough with that. Birkal has finally grasped the true spirit of this melee and has ascended to the heavens because of it. How so? You could see if you assholes had any patience whatsoever. It's really only one or two sentences down.

When I got back to the pool, the swordsman was still there. His Smeargle's tail glowed before a silvery aura engulfed him. A cloud of healing particles soon swirled around his body. Moonlight. I looked up to see the moon lazily hanging in the sky hours early, as if to simply grant a Pokemon the ability to use it to heal in the face of literally no apparent threat.

I turned back to his trainer. He was still staring at me. I reached down to my belt to make sure I still had the rest of my team on me. They didn't have the sheer intimidation power of a Gyarados, but there is not much a creep could do when sleepwalking into a pool.

I cleared my throat to get his attention. Well, get his attention on my face. "Hey, pool's closed right now. Unless someone else actually shows up for this melee it is not happening. Please leave."

He raised an eyebrow. "And if I don't?"

I laughed and ran my hand through my hair. "Oh, you will be leaving."

"And how are you going to force me to do this?"

"By forcing you to do it."

We glared at each other for a little while. I kind of hoped he would back down peacefully. But if he did not I was prepared. After all, I could have been Champion in a fairer world.

Smeargle used Moonlight!
+25 HP
-15 EN

Smeargle chilled!
+24 EN

I am not reffing if no actual moves are ordered. Sorry.

Muk chilled!
+36 EN

The Kecleon breathed heavily as his energy ran out, but the suspense was driving it on regardless. He could rest when the whole affair was concluded. His fist froze. He ran forward. On he careened until he squarely struck the unrespondent dove, knocking away at his health with every bare and brazen beating from the blizzard.

For a moment it settled down to restore more health, postpone the inevitable end that comes to every shadow of a specter on the stage of existence. He rose. A bolt of frozen air fell. His heart beat. Poisoned flowed. All was simply the background to a show of dire importance.

And when the curtain rose everything fell into place.

Kecleon's fist froze once more, though he knew not from where the energy to do so came. He stumbled forward, propelled by his unnoticed rehearsal to do the final deed. His fist fell. The bird's feathers froze as he cried in pain, rushing to lick his wounds. The tongue struck. He survived.

And down the lizard fell onto the floor, done in by his own insatiable drive to vanquish his designated flow.

And Togekiss soon followed, done in by the heartbeat that kept him alive until the curtain finally fell upon our sorry ship.

Was it an ending? Or merely an interlude before some other show came wandering in?

I know not. I am merely a writer recording that which the muses dictate. Their will is inscrutable until it is known.

Action One!

Kecleon used Ice Punch!
RNG-Frz: 5925 No
RNG-crit: 8673 No
-5 EN

Togekiss was hurt by Poison!

Action Two!

Togekiss used Roost!
+20 HP
-11 EN

Kecleon used Ice Beam!
RNG-frz: 2729 No
RNG-crit: 7945 No
[(9+3+2-1.5)] = 12.5 damage
-6 EN

Action Three!

Kecleon used Ice Punch!
RNG-Frz: 2587 No
RNG-crit: 5111 No
-5 EN

KECLEON FAINTED!

Togekiss was hurt by poison!

TOGEKISS FAINTED!

END OF ROUND STATISTICS

Umber Community:

Vacant.

Marine Park:

Eternal Drifter's Smeargle: 51 HP, 47 Energy, Brightpowder

Mars Family Ranch

Matezoide's Muk: 66 HP, 41 Energy

Vacant

Graveyard:
Pwnemon's Gallade
akela's Rhydon
Avnomke's Medicham
tavok's Lucario
Birkal's Kecleon
starwarsfan's Togekiss

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING

PM ONE ACTION BY THE END OF SATURDAY.

I have reopened Umber. You have one action to do something this round, but since movement is a per-round thing you can still move on the one action. I recommend doing that. I am giving you a perfect chance to coordinate where you want the final match to occur. Should you not do so I will start limiting your options. Should your options be fully limited and no final match has begun I will force you to fight, but your opponents could be far more intimidating than a Muk or a Smeargle and unable to bring you victory even if you do bring them down.

My cards are on the table. Show me yours by Saturday.

(But seriously, much earlier than Saturday would also be appreciated).

Eternal Drifter Matezoide starwarsfan Birkal

Matezoide said:
Go to ship!
Eternal Drifter said:
Teleport (SS Anne)
Thank you for not dragging this out. And choosing the arena that basically makes it impossible to drag things out indefinitely. Actually dropping a word of god now: FAILURE TO SEND IN ORDERS WILL HENCEFORTH RESULT IN STRUGGLING. CHILLING WILL RESULT IN STRUGGLING. THERE WILL BE NO ZERO EN ACTIONS... for now. I might reverse this if circumstances radically change. But now onto our narrators.

The creep kept staring at me for another minute. I guess some men just have a cripple fetish or something. But at long last he turned around and motioned for his Pokemon to follow.

"Let us go back to our previous location," he called to his Pokemon. Then he turned back to face me. "I have no further reason to bother you, Miss Esprit. Perhaps we shall meet again, but that probably will not be so."

His Smeargle glowed pink before he dissipated in a flash of teleportation. It would have been pretty cool if the entire "creep with a sword was also apparently a stalker" thing was not in play. But as it was, I was more revealed he was gone than I was amazed by his exit.

Smeargle used Teleport!
-7 EN

Smeargle left the arena!

"I guess you'll be off, then?"

I eyed the remaining trainer as he nodded and turned out into the sun.

"It was nice staying with you yesterday. I get my Pokemon and I all rested up to go out onto the road again. We'll see what challenges await us there."

"Where are you goin', anyway? I can give you directions."

"Thanks, but I know where I'm going. The port that I got to the region at."

"Vermillion? It's a ways away. It could take you a while to get there. You sure you know the way? It's just down four into Cerulean. Then it's just a straight shot south through Saffron. A long straight-shot, mind you, but a straight shot. You got a car? Rapidash?"

He told me he had the latter, but not the former.

"Okay, that could take you a week or more then. Best of luck, though. Tell me how things end up."

And with that he rode off into the early morning light, on to greater challenges.

Muk left!
-24 EN

Greetings.

Lenore is temporarily out of commission, so I decided to take over the reffing of the final match myself. Or, as I tend to do in-story, let you ref out the final match. Something like this...

Light. Magical light. Darkness. Semi-darkness. Darkness. Semi-darkness. Light.

Teleportation was always a strange thing, Itsumo noted, as he once more drifted through the halls of the SS Anne. The mission was almost complete. He had destroyed two opponents so far. One was a target, although he had been badly wounded by the time the two had met and barely resisted. It was as if he wanted to die. That was well enough, he supposed, if he was actually willing to stick around and be killed. He wasn't quite sure where that trainer was now. Probably wandering the ship, waiting to be found and destroyed.

The other had merely been defeated. She had dared to take his name in vain, but ultimately her Pokemon was little match for his. He would have stayed and finished her for her arrogance, perhaps, but he hardly had time now. The story was about to end. He just had to finish it.

---...---...---​

Elsewhere, a foreigner was entirely lost on a ship.

It was massive, to be fair, and always seemed on the brink of collapse. It had actually taken him a lot of effort to get on, given that it was in the middle of the ocean and under lock down, but it was unfortunately his only way home. So on he wandered, passing by a handful of familiar faces in the halls. From the Ranch, there were the Kecleon's trainer and the Gallade's trainer. He didn't really know either of them (they had barely talked). But, he walked up to them anyway to begin a conversation.

"I tell ya'll peoples, there's this strange-ass freak with a Smeargle running around this place. He went up to me and he was all like, dude, your Gallade's gonna die. And then he fainted it with this wicked blade stroke thing. Unfair, man," one of the trainer said between puffs on a green stick. "Totally unfair."

The other two trainers just glanced between each other.

One, a rather athletic girl with rose colored hair coughed and began to speak before being interrupted by the foreigner.

"Wait, you're a girl?"

She looked at him in confusion before quickly glancing down and replying. "Yes, why?"

"Oh, I thought you were a boy for some reason. We fought back near Mount Moon."

"Um, okay, sure. Why not? I am a girl, though. Physically. You should be able to see that."

"Well, that's awkward." The last remaining trainer rolled his eyes and checked his unusually shiny watch. "But for some reason I also thought you were a guy. Must be the dark hallways or something. I don't know. I've seen stranger."

Thankfully for all involved the conversation was shortly interrupted as a ghastly presence entered the hall.

---...---...---​

He would make him pay. Them pay. All of them. One target remained.

The story was all but over. All he had to do was...

Finish them, Achisuto.

END OF ROUND STATISTICS:

END OF ROUND STATISTICS

Umber Community: CLOSED.

Marine Park:

Vacant.

Mars Family Ranch:

Vacant.

Eternal Drifter's Smeargle: 51 HP, 40 Energy, Brightpowder
Matezoide's Muk: 66 HP, 17 Energy

Graveyard:
Pwnemon's Gallade
akela's Rhydon
Avnomke's Medicham
tavok's Lucario
Birkal's Kecleon
starwarsfan's Togekiss

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING.

PM Three actions by the end of Tuesday. I re-closed Umber for no particularly good reason beyond my ability to do so. I might do it with other arenas in the future just to limit the effectiveness of running from the final fight. Which you shouldn't do. Because that would drag the match out. And that would irritate me. And that would be bad.

Eternal Drifter Matezoide

Self-Destruct (Full power! Grab a structural weakness using Sticky Hold and damage the ship as much as possible. Try to make it sink and take Smeargle down with you)

Action 1: Pay Day (Muk)
Action 2: Sketch (Muk)
Action 3: Pay Day (Muk)

IF Muk uses Taunt, use Taunt that action.
IF Muk uses Protect, use Imprison (Memento, Protect, Taunt) that action.
IF Muk orders Self-Destruct, Fake Out that action.

OOC: ED, fuck you for preventing Matezoide from suiciding this round. Matezoide, fuck you for suiciding badly.

Back in character:

"Grab the supports! Self-destruct!"

The Smeargle and his trainer immediately stared in horror at the foreigner as his Muk slowly crept to the edge of the room, eager to find the most opportune place to explode.

The opposing trainer frowned as a ripple of unease spread throughout the crowd. They would have tackled the foreigner to the ground then and there but for the fear that would provoke an even early explosion. One would think that a bystander would have pulled out a Pokeball to end the madness. But, alas, this isn't that type of story.

"What are you doing?" The swordsman hissed.

"Just finishing things up here. I thought you wanted that?"

"Of course I want to take you down. But you aren't taking me with you. Fake Out!"

The Smeargle became a white blur before colliding with the Muk. All it really did was get stuck in the goop, but the distraction was enough to bog the poison-type down as his head submerged into his body before reemerging. He now gazed at the normal-type and roared. He began to flail, tearing poison and fur and sending a general mess into the surrounding area. But he did not explode. He was too confused and enraged to inflict deliberate destruction.

"See? You can't win. You can't even tie. There's only way this battle ends now, kid. Get out of there, Achisuto."

A flurry of coins erupted from the Muk's toxic body before Smeargle lurched out and took his place. Bosco immediately struck him with a frantic, long-distance punch that left his body smeared across the floor, but it did not seem to injure the Smeargle terribly badly and it left him exhausted.

"I don't care what you do. Your window to explode is closed and, truth be told, you don't have many left. All you can do is succumb to our power now. It's time for this story to end."

Action One!

Smeargle used Fake Out!
RNG-crit: 6364 No
[(4+3-4.5)] = 2.5 damage
-3 EN

Muk flinched!

Action Two!

Smeargle used Sketch!
But it failed!
-5 EN

Muk used the Struggle!
It is real.
RNG-hit: 8180 Yes
RNG-psn: 3494 No
RNG-crit: 7424 No
[(5+3)] = 8 damage
-3.2 Recoil
-5 EN

Action Three!

Smeargle used Pay Day!
RNG-crit: 9478 No
[(4+3-4.5)] = 2.5 damage
-2 EN

Muk used the Struggle!
It is real.
RNG-hit: 5601 No
RNG-psn: 3429 No
RNG-crit: 7001 No
[(5+3)] = 8 damage
-3.2 Recoil
-5 EN

END OF ROUND STATISTICS

Umber Community: CLOSED.

Marine Park:

Vacant.

Mars Family Ranch: CLOSED

Eternal Drifter's Smeargle: 35 HP, 30 Energy, Brightpowder, +1 CC
Matezoide's Muk: 55 HP, 7 Energy

Graveyard:
Pwnemon's Gallade
akela's Rhydon
Avnomke's Medicham
tavok's Lucario
Birkal's Kecleon
starwarsfan's Togekiss

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING:

PM Three Actions.

And I also closed the Ranch due to the formula dictating how "punishments" work, but that's really irrelevant now. It is literally impossible this lasts more than one more round.

Eternal Drifter Matezoide

Eternal Drifter said:
Achisuto the Smeargle, Painter of Fate?:
Action 1: Grab 'Trainer' and Muk
Action 2: Teleport to on top of Captain's Cabin, planting a vial of Toxic on 'Trainer' (Use Muk's poison if needed)
Action 3: Explosion

IF Muk faints at any time, keep carrying out orders, with Muk's body, if need be.
IF Achisuto doesn't have enough energy for Explosion Action 3, use Self-Destruct instead.

Note: I view the planting vial of toxic thing as needing its own action. As such, I will simply have it use Muk's poison action one.
Matezoide said:
Rain Dance*3
And so an ending became an end.

"Finish him, Smeargle!" The hostile trainer called, rallying his Pokemon to begin the set of attacks that would close the match. "Just do it!"

Instead the Smeargle merely looked up at the trainer. And kept looking.

"What are you doing, go!"

The artist would have none of that. He painted whatever stories fate wished. Those who dared tell their own stories would be punished. The trainer felt a tail ensnare his leg before his Pokemon lunged forward and gripped onto Muk, willfully and painfully enduring the harsh scent of the pile of goop and unpleasant stench. In the process he became drenched in poisons. But it was worth it. With a groan the normal-type sprayed some of the toxin up on his own trainer, burning into his skin. But it was worth it.

The Muk seemed entirely oblivious and simply began to sway rhythmically. He closed his eyes and ignored the chaos around him, focusing entirely on the rise and fall of the sea. It was a great rhythm. One that had beat on for long before mankind had been producing liquid sludge and Grimers and Muks. One that would endure long after there was no mankind to sail ships upon it and no Grimers and Muks to feel it. But he was there in that one moment, lucky enough to witness it. And what could death do to him then, much less a rogue agent of fate?

And on they sailed, the poisoned and the poisoner.

The Smeargle glowed blue even as his trainer howled in pain and suddenly all three dissipated, leaving a stunned crowd behind.

But the crowd is irrelevant. They were powerless to change the story at all. So we too shall leave them behind.

The group arrived up in the captain's room, one of the scenes of an early death on the ship. It would be the scene of the last as well. The trainer continued screeching. The Smeargle exhaled slowly as he stared out the windows and prepared to accept his fate. It would be worth it in the end.

Maybe the Muk knew what was coming. Maybe he didn't. Free at last from his trainer, he continued his dance alone with only an enemy beside him. He kept swaying as the Smeargle began to glow. He felt the rain fall from above as the trainer screamed. He could hear the rain pattering down on the roof of the cabin right before the light and the heat came. Even when he was scorched, more cool rain fell down.

And on he danced uninterrupted, undisturbed by the fainted Smeargle and the dead captain and the staring crowds and the charred corpse of an imposter. The sea was breathing and the rain continued to fall on the unhappy ship, just as it always would as long as there were unhappy ships that dared to take upon themselves the great burden of existing.

What happened to the passengers? To the Smeargle?

I cannot say. The story ends here. All else is best left to the speculators and fan fiction writers.

Action One!

Smeargle grabbed Muk!
Smeargle intentionally poisoned self and trainer!
-5 EN

Muk used Rain Dance!
It began to rain!

Smeargle was hurt by Poison!

Action Two!

Smeargle used Teleport!
It moved to another area!
-7 EN

Muk used Rain Dance!
But it failed!

Action Three!

Smeargle used Self-Destruct!
RNG-crit: 2751 No
[(25+3-4.5)] = 23.5 damage
-14 EN

SMEARGLE FAINTED!

Eternal Drifter is a saint and a hero.

MUK WINS!

Prizes:

Rediamond, Underpaid Master of Dungeons: 15 UC

Matezoide, Unexpected Victor of Melees: 1 CC
-Muk: 3 MC, 2 KOC

Eternal Drifter, Gracious Loser of Melees: 2 CC
-Smeargle: 3 MC, 1 KOC

Birkal, Suicidal Murderer of Peacemakers: 1 CC
-Kecleon: 3 MC, 2 KOC

starwarsfan, Irritating Master of Stalling: 1 CC
-Togekiss: 3 MC, 1 KOC

tavok, Aggressive Slayer of Megas: 1 CC
-Lucario: 3 MC, 1 KOC

Avnomke, Cowardly Refugee of Dragons: 1 CC
-Medicham: 3 MC

akela, Futile Fighter of Serpents: 1 CC
-Rhydon: 3 MC

Pwnemon, Early Attractor of Harm: 1 CC
-Gallade: 3 MC

And this is finally done! Now I get to do some advertisements. I update the fic this is based on, Backgrounds, here and here right now. It is substantially further along in the first link, though. If you liked the narrative style of the Marine Park, you should particularly enjoy the files I currently have up. I am busy writing the Ranch narrator's story right now, so you can get that if you wait about a month at the first link.

In the meantime, here are dumb summaries.

Despite being mentally, physically, and emotionally shattered, a genius programmer finds a new distraction when a Bond Villain comes knocking. His work is comparatively easy and the pay is good, but between his task, her dreams, and the politics of the Kanto Campers, old wounds reopen and she risks being shattered once more.

Things were going good for Horatio Mars. He was halfway to winning the Indigo Tournament and had his best girlfriend in years. But when you live in a world of heroes and gods, just being towards the top of the pack doesn't cut it. When unrequited love, the literal god of fire, and a rival he could never possibly beat block Horatio's path to the top, he learns that lesson all too well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)