The Hydreigon Cup - Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and Welcome to the sign up phase of the first Hydreigon Cup!

So the idea comes from the Nugget Bridge's Dodrio Cup, where you have to form teams of three to compete.

Doesn't seem that hard right? Well here's the deal, if one of your team members is using a specific pokemon on their team, you are not allowed to use it yourself. Rotom Formes and the genie forms (Regular Landorus - Landorus-Therian) are included into that rule.

Example
The Example Team
Members:
First Showdown Name
Second Showdown Name
Third Showdown Name

Then the three team members of one team have to battle the three members of another team. Each week the roster should go up like this then:

Example
The Example Team vs The Second Example Team
Person A vs Person D
Person B vs Person E
Person C vs Person F

A team wins by winning more then two battles. So if Person A beats Person D but Person B and C both get beaten by Person E and F, The Second Example Team would advance in this example.

The tier is ORAS OU and the format single elimination. Rounds last a week, with the first round starting 04/03 at 00:00 AM

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I hope to see you guys around!

Open players will be randomly put into teams by me, but I am not very good with team names, so I urge you to find frens on showdown :)

Sincerely,
HYP4B34M

Edit: So far I have 8 Free Agent teams. Feel free to pick a name for yourselves once you've decided on one. If you got linked up with someone you don't like or whatever, it's your fault for not having friends to play with, so don't even bother asking me for someone else :)

2nd Edit: PLEASE PUT YOUR TEAMNAME IN THE POST

Free Agent Team 1
  1. Darkerones
  2. zapticuno
  3. Mr.387

Free Agent Team 2
  1. NotAGymLdr
  2. Ranger Helmut
  3. phoenixlegend

Free Agent Team 3
  1. copycatcat
  2. idiotfrommars
  3. Omegasization

Free Agent Team 4
  1. phantom_sandslash11
  2. dramadrama
  3. phil

Free Agent Team 5
  1. powermau.ttt55
  2. Killar45
  3. TheKFC

Free Agent Team 6
  1. TewMew
  2. mastka
  3. Fakes
Free Agent Team 7
  1. ew sims tuyt
  2. Neil.
  3. hard
Free Agent Team 8
1. Cnorth26
2. Erick17
3. Little Hulk

Last edited:
Hi... I want to join this tournament but the issue is I am new and I don't know any other players so I am an open player and any team lacking a player who needs me can ask me join... If I don't get a team, I want host HYP4B34M to bring all open players and make teams of 3 from it... So please add this thing in your opening post...

-OPEN PLAYER

leremyju

Banned deucer.
In, teammates later

1. Leremyju
2. JohnYiu
3. GeeMick

HYP4B34M instead of posting our teams (Cuz ppl will scout us) can we just post replays so u can make sure

Last edited:

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Do we have to include our 6 pokemon (our team) in the signup? If so, that's kinda BS, giving our teams away. Nice idea though but I'd recommend you change that rule or make it more clear. ty b/c giving our teams away is a massive disadvantage (you can guess why...)

Do we have to include our 6 pokemon (our team) in the signup? If so, that's kinda BS, giving our teams away. Nice idea though but I'd recommend you change that rule or make it more clear. ty b/c giving our teams away is a massive disadvantage (you can guess why...)
To be honest there is no need to call something bullshit when in fact it makes for one of the most challenging scenarios and therefore much more demanding on the quality of the player then usual.
But since this was approved as A rank tournament it might be better to give replays, as otherwise it will change a lot compared to OU metagame.

in as a free agent

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
To be honest there is no need to call something bullshit when in fact it makes for one of the most challenging scenarios and therefore much more demanding on the quality of the player then usual.
But since this was approved as A rank tournament it might be better to give replays, as otherwise it will change a lot compared to OU metagame.

in as a free agent
Yeah counter teaming is a really challenging scenario and of very high quality lol. It was an important question anyways and needed some clarification. I don't think it's that difficult to communicate with team-mates to know what to use or not to use regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)