XY NU The Invasion of Konoha

:]

team preview:

Yooooooooo, what's good everybody? Stormaggedon here with a pretty cool Hyper Offense team that I made that works out pretty well in NU, especially because it's kind of hard to prepare for the variety of threats in the tier. It's definitely not the best though and I'd be grateful to read you guys' ideas on how to make the team better. So without further ado...

Choji (Whirlipede) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Pin Missile

Alright, so first we got my boy Choji. I based him off of the Scolipede that Edgar and Joey used in their "Gengar is hot" Ubers RMT. This guy is a very reliable spike-setter as it's almost guaranteed that I will set up at least one layer of spikes due to its sash and Speed Boost ability, causing it to outspeed Kangashkan after flinching from Fake Out. Also, if the opponent has an offensive lead that can potentially OHKO it, it survives the hit with its sash, gets the speed boost, and knocks the opponent down to 1 HP to be easily revenged killed by whatever poke I wish to send in next. I use Pin Missile for pokes that want to immediately set up Shell Smash or Substitute so I can potentially stand a chance against them lol. Also, he's generally my designated lead unless the opponent has a Sticky Web user or if I can prevent rocks being set up on my side of the field, seeing as I have two pokes that are weak to them (barring Whirlipede as it's not really supposed to survive) and i have no spinner :[

Rock Lee (Sawk) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Next we have Rock Lee, and he's such a reliable scarfer it's ridiculous. His base 125 attack stat and coverage massacres opposing pokes, especially late game. I run Mold Breaker over Sturdy to OHKO opposing Rotoms who don't read the "Sawk breaks the mold!" at the bottom of the screen and think they can switch into an Earthquake. Also, it hits over 442 speed with a Choice Scarf, which outspeeds every shell smasher in the tier (barring Barbaracle) after they set up as long as they don't have a positive speed nature.

Sasuke (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory

Sasuke is just too strong. He's like LeBron. Fast and strong. I don't even need skill to use this thing. All I have to do is just click Eruption and watch things die. If I've managed to get three layers of spikes up, not even Seismitoad can safely switch in without being 2HKO'd by it (unless it's fully specially defensive, but honestly, no one runs that). I run Hidden Power Grass because obvious Seismitoad exists and I usually don't get all three layers up unless the opponent just wants me to win the game.

Sakura (Jynx) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Meet Sakura, my alternate lead if the opposing user has a Sandslash or Seismitoad so I can potentially OHKO or scare them out because they usually lead with it and I do not want rocks on my side of the field, as I've mentioned. I also lead with this against opposing Sticky Web teams. To answer my question as to why the frick I'm running Fake Out, it's to break opposing Leavanny/Ariados's potential sash and proceed to outspeed and knock it out with Ice Beam/Psyshock, respectively. Also, its Dry Skin ability makes opponents think hard about going for a Water-type move against my Typhlosion.

Kiba (Feraligatr) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Kiba is literally my favorite member of the team. I run 108 speed EVs to outspeed Specs Typhlosion at +1 by one point and just dumped the rest of the EVs into HP and Def for extra bulk on my substitutes. That extra bulk really comes in handy a lot of the time. Many defensive pokes with very weak attacking moves find themselves staring at a +2 Gatr behind a sub getting ready to sweep their entire team. Also, Substitute is extremely useful in getting it into Torrent range very quickly and easily so I can blast things off of the face of the planet with Waterfall.

Shikamaru (Mismagius) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Well, now we're down to the last of the gang: Shikamaru. I just slapped this guy at the back of the team because I needed something to block rapid spinners. It sets up extremely easily due to its 3 immunities, so I capitalize on that. For example, if an opposing choice-locked Sawk kills any of my pokes with Close Combat, I just switch in to this monster and start setting up Nasty Plots or just taking hefty chunks out of whatever wants to switch in to a Spooky Plate-boosted Shadow Ball. Also, I run Destiny Bond on this to knock out bulky Pokemon easily when I know they're going to KO me on the next turn. It's sort of my ace in the hole to ensure that my other pokes have an easier time sweeping.

Alright, so that's the end of my RMT. This is honestly one of my favorite teams I've used this gen in NU because I love hyper offense a lot, but everything on my team is definitely replaceable, so drop your ideas down below :]

importable: http://pastebin.com/NaaJECDd

(also naruto is the greatest ok bye)

Hey there this is a pretty solid team! This said, your team is rather weak to fast and strong flying types such as Swellow and Archeops, as you really only have Sawk to pressure them, and outside of that your team doesn't have any priority or resists, so I do worry about that. Beyond that, your team lacks Stealth Rocks, so it becomes hard to pressure the likes of Scyther or Swellow, who would otherwise be more easily taken out when SR is up. I also feel like Whirlipede is weak to common leads, and can potentially give opponents setup opportunities, which is something that offensive teams cannot handle. The only other thing I worry about for your team is fast setup sweepers like Belly Drum Slurpuff and Shift Gear Klinklang which are too fast for Sawk to handle, but outside of that it looks like a cool team.

I think the easiest way to fix your team's problems is first to run Lead Crustle over Whirlipede. Crustle's better Bulk, Offensive Presence, Sturdy, alongside Stealth Rock is more than enough reason to be used over Whirlipede, as it can still stack spikes, but it is unlikely that the opponent will be able to safely set up without eating a large chunk of damage. Stealth Rocks are much more likely to pressure flying types and in general turn lots of your 2HKOs into OHKOs, and on the whole there is little reason to use Whirlipede over Crustle.

Minor Changes:
Sawk: Choice Band > Choice Scarf, as the Scarf set misses a lot of setup sweepers in the tier and isn't as effective a cleaner as it used to be, and is overall a poor use of Sawk. The Choice Band allows Sawk to easily 2HKO the majority of the metagame, and overall is gives it the ability to punch holes for Typhlosion and Jynx.
Typhlosion: 4 Def > 4 HP to minimize SR and Hazards damage.
Jynx: Lovely Kiss > Fake Out. The purpose of Fake Out is to buy yourself a turn to break sturdy, but putting them to sleep is equally and arguably more effective, as you are able to not only buy yourself free turns to remove the threat, but also cripple switchins. Lovely Kiss is one of few things that sets jynx apart from other psychics and should definitely be used.
Feraligatr: Swords Dance + Aqua Jet w/ Lum Berry or Mystic Water > Substitute + Dragon Dance, as Swords Dance is the more reliable Gatr set. SD Gatr can still avoid status with Lum Berry but sets up a lot more quickly, and Aqua Jet can help to pressure the Setup Sweepers and fast Flying types I mentioned earlier due to priority and its solid Power + STAB.
Mismagius: Choice Scarf > Spooky Plate, Trick > Nasty Plot. Mismagius outspeeds all common variants of Klinklang as well as Adamant Slurpuff, and is a much more reliable Scarfer than Sawk in the sense that it's 105 base speed lets it cover the majority of the meta's setup sweepers. Furthermore, access to Trick and Destiny Bond lets it disrupt teams and take full advantage of its scarf, making it an effective and useful revenge killer.

Cool team!

Crustle @ Red Card / Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Hey there this is a pretty solid team! This said, your team is rather weak to fast and strong flying types such as Swellow and Archeops, as you really only have Sawk to pressure them, and outside of that your team doesn't have any priority or resists, so I do worry about that. Beyond that, your team lacks Stealth Rocks, so it becomes hard to pressure the likes of Scyther or Swellow, who would otherwise be more easily taken out when SR is up. I also feel like Whirlipede is weak to common leads, and can potentially give opponents setup opportunities, which is something that offensive teams cannot handle. The only other thing I worry about for your team is fast setup sweepers like Belly Drum Slurpuff and Shift Gear Klinklang which are too fast for Sawk to handle, but outside of that it looks like a cool team.

I think the easiest way to fix your team's problems is first to run Lead Crustle over Whirlipede. Crustle's better Bulk, Offensive Presence, Sturdy, alongside Stealth Rock is more than enough reason to be used over Whirlipede, as it can still stack spikes, but it is unlikely that the opponent will be able to safely set up without eating a large chunk of damage. Stealth Rocks are much more likely to pressure flying types and in general turn lots of your 2HKOs into OHKOs, and on the whole there is little reason to use Whirlipede over Crustle.

Minor Changes:
Sawk: Choice Band > Choice Scarf, as the Scarf set misses a lot of setup sweepers in the tier and isn't as effective a cleaner as it used to be, and is overall a poor use of Sawk. The Choice Band allows Sawk to easily 2HKO the majority of the metagame, and overall is gives it the ability to punch holes for Typhlosion and Jynx.
Typhlosion: 4 Def > 4 HP to minimize SR and Hazards damage.
Jynx: Lovely Kiss > Fake Out. The purpose of Fake Out is to buy yourself a turn to break sturdy, but putting them to sleep is equally and arguably more effective, as you are able to not only buy yourself free turns to remove the threat, but also cripple switchins. Lovely Kiss is one of few things that sets jynx apart from other psychics and should definitely be used.
Feraligatr: Swords Dance + Aqua Jet w/ Lum Berry or Mystic Water > Substitute + Dragon Dance, as Swords Dance is the more reliable Gatr set. SD Gatr can still avoid status with Lum Berry but sets up a lot more quickly, and Aqua Jet can help to pressure the Setup Sweepers and fast Flying types I mentioned earlier due to priority and its solid Power + STAB.
Mismagius: Choice Scarf > Spooky Plate, Trick > Nasty Plot. Mismagius outspeeds all common variants of Klinklang as well as Adamant Slurpuff, and is a much more reliable Scarfer than Sawk in the sense that it's 105 base speed lets it cover the majority of the meta's setup sweepers. Furthermore, access to Trick and Destiny Bond lets it disrupt teams and take full advantage of its scarf, making it an effective and useful revenge killer.

Cool team!

Crustle @ Red Card / Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Spikes
Thanks fren :]
Lol i'll definitely replace Whirlipede because I've been swept pretty hard by lead Slurpuff a couple of times lol. And I used to run Lovely Kiss on Jynx but it misses a lot and I needed a surefire KO :[

Yeah man nice team, I do agree with Brawlfest and all his changes. But I think your Jynx could work better with Lovely Kiss + Sub over Fake Out + Grass Knot. This allows Jynx to not only cripple.one poke with sleep, but also get a big hit off on the next. Also this makes sure nothing sets up on you.

Hey man, nice team you have here. Definitely agree with the Crustle change that Brawlfest suggested as it adds Stealth Rock to your team which is one of the most important moves in the game due to it limiting switches and is something that you should make a priority to fit on every team. Just few other small changes, Lovely Kiss and a Timid nature over Fake Out and Hasty on Jynx. If you opt for the SD Gatr set that Brawlfest suggested I'm going to suggest you use a spread of 148 Hp / 252 Atk / 108 Spe which lets you out pace neutral nature'd Base 60's. You can also try out Taunt over Destiny Bond on Mismagius to let you potentially Taunt and prevent a Defog.

Jynx (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch

Mismagius @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

I hope I was able to help dude.

Hey stormaggedon cool team you got here. Overall I suggest that you follow both Brawlfest and New Breed's suggestions as they'll greatly improve the team. One thing I noticed is that Jolly Slurpuff can come in on any choiced CC or knock from Sawk, and procede to clean up your team as it lacks a proper check. One thing that I would recommend to fix this is to run Expert Belt Sawk as it bluffs a choice item extremely well and prevents Slurpuff from setting up freely on you, as well as getting some surprise KO's every once in a while. Cool Team!

upload_2014-9-4_11-57-48.png

Sawk @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake / Ice Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)