The King Of The Mushroom Dojo

The King Of The Mushroom Dojo

An RMT By TheSuperSaiyanBreloom

Introduction

What's up everybody? It's TheSuperSaiyanBreloom here. I had thought about Breloom one day and how it was favorite Pokemon of mines when I was a kid, now being a big ass threat in OU. I also realized I hadn't had the chance to use it lately so here is this team. Please tell me how you think of it. Thank you and enjoy.

The Team

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait:Drizzle
Evs:252 hp/ 240 def/ 16 spe
Bold Nature (+ def, -atk)
-Scald
-Toxic
-Refresh
-Protect

Since i'm using a team with Breloom what's a better Pokemon to start off with then with Politoed? Ever since Black and White Politoed had receive drizzle playing a crucial role in Ou, setting up the permanent rain. This led to really big outcomes as this is what started rain teams to be used really successfully. In the rain fire attacks are weakened by 50% really helping things that are weak to fire. Breloom would gladly accept the fact that fire attacks do less to it. This also power up water attacks by 50% making things even more of a threat in Ou. This set is designed to help Politoed survive long to where other weather inducers like Tyranitar, and Ninetails goes down before it does. The EV spread allows Politoed to take physical and special hits. Scald is for burning things like Ferrothorn as they like to come in on Politoed. Toxic allows to to cripple other sweepers or walls, making them easier to handle. Refresh gets rid of status like toxic poison, paralysis, and burn, allowing me to survive longer as my only recovery is leftovers. Protect provides scouting and allows me to wrack up toxic/burn damage.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait:Poison Heal
Evs:236 hp/ 212 Sp.def/ 60 spe
Careful nature (+ sp.def, -sp.atk)
-Spore
-Bulk up
-Drain Punch
-Seed Bomb

This is the main sweeper in the team. Breloom had been a threat since DPP and gen 5 is no exception. I originally put the Sword dance technician set on this team but it didn't work very well in this team. This set has proven to be useful as I found that a Breloom set on this team needs recovery. It also have bulk up to increase it Atk and Def. Spore is to put whatever pokemon to sleep making it easier to deal with or to set up on. Drain Punch is for stab and provides recovery. Seed bomb is to take care of water types as if I put stone edge I would be walled by things like Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Gliscor. Seed bomb does a good amount to pokemon like Gengar despite the resistances. Careful nature is so that I can take special hits which is useful when I want to set up with Breloom since Bulk up already gives it the def it needs. 236 Hp Evs will ensure that Breloom will have the highest HP number that is divisible by 8, meaning that it will recover the most HP from Poison Heal.60 Speed EVs allow Breloom to reach 191 Speed, outspeeding minimum Speed Heatran and other bulky Pokemon such as Choice Band Tyranitar, Skarmory, and defensive Politoed. The rest is put into Special Defense in order to take hits such as Rotom-W's Hydro Pump much better, as well as surviving moves such as defensive Reuniclus' Psychic and Celebi's Hidden Power Fire.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait:Levitate
Evs:4 hp/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 Spe
Timid nature (+ Spe, - Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Trick
-Signal Beam
-Volt Switch

Rotom-W is one of the biggest team member of the team. While builting this team I realized that this team is weak to Landorus. I also don't have much to touch Gyarados with. Skarmory really walls this team also. Choice scarf guarantees that I outspeed things like Terrakion, Tornadus-t, Lucario, and Landorus. The only thing that Landorus can hit Rotom-W with is U-turn, Stone Edge, and Focus blast which won't kill unless I'm at low amount of HP. Hydro Pump is for a strong stab move that will hurt like hell especially in the rain. Trick allows me to render pokemon like Ferrothorn, Blissey, Chansey, Reuniclus, and Latias useless as they can be a problem which I got other things to deal with. Reuniclus is a big threat to this team so the fact that I can render it useless will really help. Signal Beam will nail Celebi on the switch in as it is another big threat to this team. Even if I don't kill it, it will be low enough where I can revenge kill it. Volt Switch provides switch momentum as it allows me to get a free switch into another Pokemon. Skarmory will die to Volt Switch and if it switch out I get a free switch. If it have Study intact, it will die to any thing I hit it with after a Volt Switch. A Timid nature allows me to have to enough speed to use the Choice Scarf set as it won't have enough speed to outspeed things like DD Dragonite, . DD Gyarados, Terrakion, Starmie, and Infernape. It also makes Rotom-W a solid revenge killer on the team. 252 Evs in Sp.Atk gives Rotom-W the power to do damage to anything. 252 Evs in Spe will give me enough speed to outspeed things. 4 Evs in hp is enough for a little bit of extra bulk.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait:Serene Grace
Evs:252 hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Atk
Sassy nature (+ SpD, - Spe)
-Thunder
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Stealth Rock

My Stealth Rocker on this team. I prefer Jirachi over Bronzong because Bronzong only recovery is leftovers. Jirachi have wish to heal itself so it can stay longer. Jirachi does a very good job at walling Tornadus-T which is a plus since it's another big threat. Jirachi can do more damage with Bronzong as it have Thunder and Bronzong don't. With Serene Grace, Thunder have 60 chance to paralyze the opponent chance to paralyze the opponent. Iron Head have 60% chance to flinch the opponent. With 60% chance to paralyze the opponent I can flinch the opponent to death as if they break out of the 60% chance of flinch, they might get fully paralyzed making Jirachi really annoying to deal with. This lets me easily take care of Latias. Thunder does alot of damage to Tornadus-t and Skamory. 252 Ev's in hp and SpD allows Jirachi to be a special wall which is really nice for taking special hits. 4 Ev's in Atk gives Jirachi a bit of extra power with Iron Head.
Sassy nature is so that I can increase my SpD. Speed is not needed for Jirachi so I don't have to worry about the speed drop. Also since I have Thunder I wouldn't want to have my Sp.atk lowered or any other stats besides speed. In the rain, Thunder is 100% accurate so I don't miss with it. Leftovers is needed as Jirachi is a Special Wall and Walls need leftovers for the extra recovery.

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait:Levitate
Evs:252 hp/ 228 Def/ 28 Spe
Bold nature (+ Def, -Atk)
-Recover
-Roar
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind

When I was testing the team out, I found that I have no counters for Sub CM Jirachi and Celebi. Latias with the bulk she has and the typing, she makes a great counter to these two. She is also immunity to Spikes, and Toxic Spikes with is a nice little niche. Recover allows her to survive as long as possible, as Latias without Recover just suck unless your running a Choice Spes set.
Roar ensures that Sub CM Jirachi and any Celebi can't set up on me and try to sweep me. With Stealth Rock on the field, each time a pokemon gets fazed out or switches it's going to take a little bit of damage. Calm Mind allows me to set on and sweep the opponent. Sub CM jirachi, Celebi, Sheer force Landorus, a genesect thats not Choice Band are set up bait for Latias. A genesect without a choice band does like 40% to this latias unless they get a attack boost from download. Even so I can just recover of the damage. Ice beam and Bug Buzz won't do anything after a Calm Mind. Dragon Pulse is my main attacking move and it's also stab. It does a good amount after I set up some Calm Mind's. 252 Ev's in HP gives me alot of Bulk. It goes along with 228 Ev's in Def which allows me to take a U-turn from a Genesect that's not Banded. The rest in dumped in speed which let Latias move a little faster which is a nice little niche. Bold nature allows me to maximum my def.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Thick Fat
Evs:252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Adamant nature (+ Atk, -SpA)
Item:Choice Scarf
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Icicle Spear
-Stone Edge

If there is one thing my team can't counter, it's dragons with the exception of the special attackers. For example, Latias, Latios, Hydregion. Mamoswine fits this slot well with it's great offense typing and movepool. With Thich Fat, fire and ice damage is reduced by 1/2. In the rain, fire attacks does even less making Mamoswine even more of a threat. Choice Scarf gives me the speed I need to outspeed things. I can outspeed Lucario and kill them with Earthquake. When I need to use Icicle Spear, Choice Scarf gives me the speed I need to outspeed Dragonite's allowing me to hit them first with Icicle Spear, breaking through Multiscale and killing them. Earthquake gives me a good strong stab attack. It also provides type coverage. Stone edge is used to kill Gyarados, Charizard and other pokemon that I can't kill with my other attacks. Ice shard allows me to outspeed Breloom's Mach Punch and kill them. I can also outspeed Dragonite's that uses Extremespeed on me. Adamant nature is to give Mamoswine more power as it doesn't need that much speed when I got a Choice Scarf. 252 Ev's in Atk maxiumums my Atk. 252 Ev's in Speed gives me enough speed to outspeed things with Choice Scarf as it reaches less then 380 if I don't put that much speed Ev's.
The rest is dumped into def for a extra bit of bulk.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Please, please edit the font in your post, it's basically impossible to read and I had to zoom out quite a bit to only be able to have a rough idea of your team.

Now, moving on the serious part. Your team lacks a reliable way to take strong, rain boosted, Water attacks. Choice Specs Keldeo 2HKOs the ENTIRE team with only Hydro Pump. It also outspeeds everything bar Rotom-W and Mamoswine, and both are unable to OHKO it anyway, and will be OHKO'd by rain Hydro Pump in return (in Rotom's case, after SR). This is obviously unacceptable, and you should include some sort of poke that can absorb those attacks. This is actually not easily fixable (well, not just chaiging a single poke, at least). The main problem here, is that your special wall, Jirachi, fails to actually absorb Water attack properly, thus suggesting a change in that role. Specially Bulky Jellicent is a fine choice that can easily take every Water attacks out there, however it makes you very vulnerable to Grass attacks, and you'll need to find another poke to set up SR. Another option that can fix your problem more easily and without changing too much your team is Specially Defensive Celebi, that can continue to set up SR while sponging Water attacks and recovering health via Giga Drain / Recover. It also benefits from rain removing its Fire weakness, although you'll struggle a bit more to take U-Turns. As I said, it's not easy to fix the problem, so you'll probably need to play around with the rest of your team if you implement one of my ideas; however, even just replacing Jirachi with Celebi will be a decent improvement since your weakness to Keldeo is really bad right now.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Calm Nature | 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice
- Recover
- Stealth Rock / Perish Song

Thank you very much dude. I had no idea Celebi can learn SR and about the font problem, I tried to fix it but I don't see a option that allows you to edit the font.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey SuperSaiyanBreloom, nice team!

As Ganj4lf pointed out; you lack a pokemon that can reliably take Specs Hydro Pumps, this kind of weakness is never a good one for a team to have, seeing as rain offense is a very popular playstyle in the current metagame. To remedy this I suggest running a Specially Defensive Rotom-W over your current Scarf set. Specially Defensive Rotom-W can switch in and shrug off Hydro Pumps without much trouble and then proceed to recover a large chunk of health with Pain Split + Leftovers recovery. This Rotom-W has a lot utility and can counter / check a multitude of special threats in the metagame, such as: Tornadus-t, Heatran, Genesect etc.

With Rotom-W taking special hits and easily checking the likes of Tornadus-t; Jirachi's current role in your team is now pretty much completely covered by Rotom-W, you also now lack your main scarfer. Because of this I recommend running Choice Scarf Jirachi over your current set. Choice Scarf Jirachi is usually considered outclassed by Genesect, however, your team really needs the ability to reliably revenge kill Terrakion and being able to flinch everything is always nice. Jirachi also has the ability to Trick it's scarf which you lose if you change Rotom-W to specially defesnive as I suggested, and it also has Healing Wish, so when Jirachi's at no longer needed you can completely heal one of your team members AND recover status ailments.

Volcarona is pretty threatening to your team and now that you can heal status with Jirachi's Healing Wish, Refresh isn't as vital as it used to be. Because of this, I recommend Encore or Perish Song over Refresh on Politoed. Perish Song let's you end Volcarona's sweep by forcing it out in 3 turns, whereas Encore can lock Volcarona into Quiver Dance, giving you a 3 turn oppurtunity to get rid of it. Both of these moves have purposes outside of checking Volcarona, but they're both essentially there to prevent threats sweeping your team.

Lastly, you now need Stealth Rocks, Mamoswine's role of killing dragons is made easier due to Jirachi's Ice Punch and 2 scarfers is both somewhat redundant and gives your opponent alot of set up oppurtunities. So, I recommend Focus Sash Mamoswine over your current Choice Scarf set. This Mamoswine let's you reliably set up Stealth Rocks, bring your Mamoswine's usual checks down to 1hp to be finished off with Ice Shard and gives you an emergency option against sweepers.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-Turn
- Healing Wish / Trick

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavour

OMG THANK YOU. I never expected people to liked this team very much. Thank you for the really good rate. this should improve my team a hell of alot :]

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Doom gave you an excellent rate and I would definitely take him up on all his suggestions. The only thing is that you could always use Genesect (if you're not comfortable with Jirachi) and make it a mixed scarfer with Iron Head. You do miss out on the 1 point in speed and the ability to Trick, but Jirachi is unable to hit Skarmory/Forretress and many other physical walls hard with any of its moves. Genesect has the luxury of being able to run Thunder and Ice Beam to handle the potent physical walls of the meta.

Additionally, I would run 96 speed EVs on your Latias to outpace Lucario. I have used Lucario many times in the past and faced many defensive Latias and was able to take them out due to me outpacing and KO'g them with Close Combat (after multiple stealth rock switchins). Some Lucario also run Crunch or Ice Punch which is even worse. Latias is your only real switch in to Lucario so you really need to be able to recover up before they attack you if you're at low hp, and take advantage of their defense drops from CC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)