-The King Strikes Back!!- (OU Offensive Team)

-The King Strikes Back!!-​

YES, oh yes... the king is back!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw Garchomp on the OU list recently.

Hey guys! This is my second rmt and I have tried different variants of this team on the server over the past few days. That includes sandstorm, anti-weather (It was not effective at all, trust me XD) and trick room. But I still feel that this team is still missing something important and crucial that can benefit this team alot.. So i need help guys!!

Team Building Process​

When Garchomp returned to the OU tier, I decided to make a team that can flow with it.

Since I needed a steel type pokemon that can trap annoying steel pokes like scizor and ferrothorn. I chose magneton over magnezone since its faster and my team revolves around speed and power, but more speed.

I wanted a fast lead for my team, so I chose Aerodactyl, since he does its job pretty well and his stone edge hits pretty hard.

Since I also wanted a fighting type pkm in my team that is fast, and can outspeed most of the pkm in the OU tier, I think that infernape would fit my team.

I think that priority moves is very important for my offensive team since my team needs a revenge killer that can hit hard, so i chose scizor.

I realized that my team is very weak to Keldeo-R's water-type moves, so since gastrodon has strom drain, he fitted my team perfectly.

-In Depth-

Zephyr (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Taunt

As I mentioned before, I needed a fast lead pokemon and a stealth rocker, so I thought that Aerodactyl would fit the job perfectly. The biggest problems that he would face is Politoad and Genesect, both which are fairly common leads nowadays. Stealth Rock is self-explanatory, Stone Edge is his signature move, Earthquake for steel types, and Taunt for Hazard leads that are slower than aerodactyl. If there are any leads that are more effective than aerodactyl for my team, please let me know.

King Kittan (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This guy is extremely important in my team, without him, my team would be owned by steel types that can easily own scizor. For the moveset, I prefer Thunder over thunderbolt, since it does a fairly good job for my team, especially when it comes to facing rain teams.

Akemi (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My late-game sweeper. (But to be honest, he is usually the last pkm standing than a late-game sweeper, which is not a good thing at all.) Even though I don't like the idea of choice scarf, It makes infernape outspeed most of the pkm in the OU tier. I could replace Infernape with terakion, but I don't think Terakion works well for me. Overall, I think that he does fairly well in my team, but not really the best choice for a late-game sweeper.

Kusarigama (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

My revenge killer. He is the one that saved my team a lot of times, and with swords dance, Scizor is one hell of a beast! He can easily sweep teams by setting up two sword dances. With Magneton crushing the annoying steel types and water types for him, he can easily crush teams down with ease. Superpower is for destroying heatran, mamoswine and steel types that survived magneton's attacks. Bug bite, of course, is for the likes of latios and latias.

The-King (Garchomp) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

The moment you've all been waiting for... the king and the core of my team!! Garchomp coming back to OU is a blessing. I tested him out immediately after I saw him in the OU list. His main move, Outrage, kills teams and pkms that don't have dragon resistance. Fire fang is for steel types that destroys scizor and magneton. Earthquake is the least used move in this moveset. He is irreplaceable in my team. That's all I can say about garchomp for now!

Lars (Gastrodon) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Recover

Last but not least, Gastrodon. She is very crucial for my team since she helps me absorb water attacks especially from Keldeo-R, which my team is very weak against without gastrodon. Gastrodon's recover, in my opinion, is invaluable. Earth Power is the final resort for steel types that are still active during the battle, Ice beam is self explanatory, and surf is her main move.

Conclusion
Finally, I need to thank those who took time to read my RMT. Please comment below if you have anything to say or suggest on how to make this team much better.

If you are going to use Aerodactyl, switch Life Orb to Focus Sash. Genesect can probably OHKO Aerodactyl with Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Just a quick note, I don't have time to leave a full rate atm but your team is still very weak to Keldeo. Gastrodon is 2HKO'd by LO / Specs / +1 Secret Sword, so it's not a counter at all, and even as a check is kinda shaky. The only way to get rid of Keldeo you have right now is to revenge somewhat, and if you fail to do so or your opponent plays around with your RKs you're royally screwed. You could probably try Jellicent over Gastrodon if you want to stop Keldeo cold (unless you get caught in a SE Hidden Power, and even that would 2HKO at best), and to have a general utility defensive poke. I'm not sure it's a good idea, since your team seems pretty offensive and a defensive poke like Jelli could look out of place; Jellicent can run an offensive set too, but it's not that effective in my opinion and requires Specs. So I'd suggest to try a more standard utility version to see how it fares, and then maybe try to alter from there. That would completely fix your Keldeo problem, and would also give you another switch-in to Scizor, and a Taunt user to prevent slower things from setting up on you.

Jellicent @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Bold | 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Taunt / Shadow Ball
- Recover

Also, please make sure to use a Male version since the Female sprite sucks. :p

Hope it helped somewhat. May come back tomorrow for a more detailed rate, in the meantime good luck with your team.

hi RedSandstorm, some tips here: Focus Sash > Life Orb in Lead Aerodactyl, you can try Choice Band over life orb in Garchomp because you are really week tothe spikes and Life Orb ..., put lefties > Life Orb on Gastrodon ._. and a Spinner like Forretress >somuch> Scizor, you have all ready a swepper like garchomp and a SD you dont need other and your team is so week to the hazards. Becareful with the Rain your team is week to Tornadus-T and other pokemon common in rain

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

This is a cool team, however you might find yourself struggling against the plethora of OU Fighting types, such as Breloom, Terrakion, Keldeo, etc. since you have no fighting resists and none of your mons really like to take Close Combats or Technician Mach Punches. Late game SD Breloom sweeps you rather easily, same for Scarf Keldeo and most Terrakion. Fighting is one of the best attacking types in OU for that reason, as many Pokemon are weak to it and not many resist it. I think that you should add Starmie instead of Infernape. Starmie fits your team's offensive theme very well, as it is a fast and strong Pokemon with good coverage, while also being able to check most Fighting types with good prediciton. It also adds a Rapid Spinner to your team which is always great. Infernape can be useful of course, but I think that it is the most replaceable Pokemon on your team.

I don't have much time for now, but that's my suggestion. Here's the set you should use:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Psyshock
~Rapid Spin
~Recover

Good luck!

4 Life Orb users and 2 Choice Scarfers is extremely repetitive. I reckon replace Life Orb on Garchomp with a Yache Berry and run the following set:

Garchomp (M)
@Yache Berry
Rough Skin
Jolly/Adamant Nature
252 Atk/4 HP/252 Spe

-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang/Blast
-Earthquake
-Outrage

That's a solid set that can outspeed most things and will allow you to tank off a HP Ice/Ice Shard. Trust me, Yache is the way to go, as Scarfchomp is outsped by Scarfmence which is relatively common and my personal preference. If you go for the Fire Blast option make sure to run Adamant and invest a little on Special Attack. Running Blast over Fang grants you more power and advantage over Sun teams as it is boosted, but at the cost of not being able to run Jolly.

Also, Mew wreacks havoc on this team as Will-O-Wisping disables any sweeper you may have and it can also tank anything Infernape has to then retaliate with Psychic. Take Ganj4lf's suggestion on Jellicent over Gastrodon, and I'd say swap Mamoswine over Infernape if its not doing well for you. Mamo is a brilliant Landorus/Gliscor/Chomp/Dnite/Mence counter with Ice Shard and running Endeavor with Focus Sash with -Spe nature makes it the perfect lead killer.

Hey there, I can see you're quite excited about the return of yet another Uber to the OU metagame (:
Just wanted to point out:
I think Drizzle Teamsare gunna give you some problems.
With only gastrodon to be takin' them on (and most rain teams carry ferrothorn, celebi, or somethin that can take care of gastrodon) i feel your team might fall to it, especially if it is HO.

If you are going to use Aerodactyl, switch Life Orb to Focus Sash. Genesect can probably OHKO Aerodactyl with Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.
Thx A dude! I guess I'll fix that.

Just a quick note, I don't have time to leave a full rate atm but your team is still very weak to Keldeo. Gastrodon is 2HKO'd by LO / Specs / +1 Secret Sword, so it's not a counter at all, and even as a check is kinda shaky. The only way to get rid of Keldeo you have right now is to revenge somewhat, and if you fail to do so or your opponent plays around with your RKs you're royally screwed. You could probably try Jellicent over Gastrodon if you want to stop Keldeo cold (unless you get caught in a SE Hidden Power, and even that would 2HKO at best), and to have a general utility defensive poke. I'm not sure it's a good idea, since your team seems pretty offensive and a defensive poke like Jelli could look out of place; Jellicent can run an offensive set too, but it's not that effective in my opinion and requires Specs. So I'd suggest to try a more standard utility version to see how it fares, and then maybe try to alter from there. That would completely fix your Keldeo problem, and would also give you another switch-in to Scizor, and a Taunt user to prevent slower things from setting up on you.

Pringles

Also, please make sure to use a Male version since the Female sprite sucks. :p

Hope it helped somewhat. May come back tomorrow for a more detailed rate, in the meantime good luck with your team.
Wow, its seems like many people are busy these days XD. I guess I'm gunna replace gastrodon for jellicent. I'll test him out.

@Jirachi So do you think I should use starmie or mamoswine ( yeezy D's recommendation)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)