The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
i dunno what to feel about the fight with the red goblins, by the time i make a slash to counter their blockin they change it. feels like im doing something wrong?

got to the first dungeon (finally .-.) and... for some reason im not particularly thrilled. i could be playin the game now.

I LOVE THE DUNGEON MAP THOUGH ITS SO FUCKIN DETAILED

User 40136

Banned deucer.
Got the game this morning, 2 hours in, and still not in the first dungeon...I got to say, the controls took a while to get used to, especially flight. Also, when I'm in an intense battle, I got to stop waggling...

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am so pissed.
I'm on the same boat.

My international order got cancelled apparently for no reason at all. I received the e-mail yesterday, and when I tried to order again, of course the bloody thing is sold out. Everywhere.

So I'm screwed out of the game for now, because I can't currently afford the game + controller plus. That's why I wanted the bundle.

Have fun with it, people.

Anyone else having issues with the gold wiimote? It doesn't seem to match up my movements as accurately as it should, but it might just be me.

I can't honestly say that all of the motionplus additions add to the game, but swordplay is definitely fun. Sitting down makes it a bit harder to swing the wiimote, but you don't have to make large swings so it's not that bad.

Played about four hours and beat the first dungeon, it's definitely a slow starting game but no slower than WW or TP.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
got to 3rd temple aaaaaaaaaa i think im gettin used to the sword this game is fun

although to be honest im a bit battleshy with the elec goblins lol

I mean it's pretty slow to start up. There's like an hour of dialogue at the beginning. And even though I've only just beaten Skyview temple, from what I've seen the dungeons are... lacking. But I've only seen one, so I can't say anything.

As for the controls, the wiimote works fine for me. It's kind of a pain in the ass when I'm tightrope walking and I need to jostle it, or like when I need to hit a really specific part of an enemy *coughGhirahimcough* but overall I like it much more than just spamming B. All battles are easily 10x harder though. Skulltula are like impossible, and I can't just plow through Deku Babas any more.

I wish they'd use more with the D-Pad though. I like the C Button set up they have in stuff like Wind Waker and Ocarina, I hate only having the B Button to use. Also, shields. I wish my shield wouldn't break every time I fight an Octorok. Stamina sucks, it's really annoying not being able to run, move boxes, or carry things sometimes. And finally, the overworld of the Sky isn't going to cut it. I don't really like how the overworld of the surface is set up.

But overall, this is a really fun Zelda game. It's probably not the best Zelda ever, but it's pretty damn good.

It's just a hunch, but I think the overworld will open up after the first set of dungeons like in other zelda games. There's always two "sets" (three dungeons, master sword or something, rest of dungeons) and even just looking at the items screen it seems like that's going to be the case again.

My biggest annoyance is how you take B to take out an item, then A to use it; in Twilight Princess, it was B to take it out and B to use it, with A being to put it away. I'll get used to it eventually, but it's a little annoying at the moment.

I'm having a good time so far and my motion controls are actually very accurate. I beat Ghirahim very easily, but I have some trouble with Skultulas caused by my arm flailing instead of pointing straight forward. For anyone wondering, I'm half lying down on my couch and I'm basically level with my sensor bar. I'm also using the gold wiimote.

Zelda herself is basically adorable, though I wasn't sure what I would think since my favorite version of her is Tetra. I also really enjoy flying, then again I also loved sailing and gliding around forever in Arkham City. I had trouble with my bird before I realized "lol ur doin it wrong" and fixed it.

If the temples get better I can easily see this as one of my top Zelda games, which right now looks like Wind Waker -> Ocarina -> Majora - >TP -> all the rest. Not to say any of them are less than the other but If I had to pick up only one Zelda game every five years I'd go down the list just so.

Also you can sit on the toilet.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah it's fucking awesome, way better than TP
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I've got 10 hours in my game so far. Haven't even bothered to enter the first dungeon yet. I expect to put 15 or so into it upgrading my shield/slingshot/adventurebag/wallet/potions and generally exploring before even entering the first dungeon.

i

am

in

love

I read several complaints about the controls. I haven't gotten that far into the game, but I've put quite a few hours into it, and thus far I haven't had a single issue with the controls. When I do the motions that I'm supposed to do Link always does the action he's supposed to do as I do it. When I waggle the wiimote he just kind of flops his sword around, but I think that actually makes sense.

I also read a few complaints about the game being more linear than previous Zelda titles. I haven't even gotten to the first dungeon yet, so I may find the rest of the game to be different, but I've been off doing my own thing at my own pace for quite a while now. And while searching for the Kikwis I had free reign to tackle them in whatever order I wanted. I came across one of them where it was pretty obvious I had approached it from the back side when there was an obvious entrance on the other side of the field. I have played some very, VERY linear Zelda titles like Four Swords and Four Swords adventures. There is literally only one way through the dungeons. Although there are the normal obstacles that you have to overcome, and you can't get to every single area right from the start, this seems to me be as open a Zelda game as any of the many others that I've played.

I haven't even begun to really start this game, but again and again it's the tiny little things that have consistently surprised and delighted me. Like how you can now sit to heal your hearts, or how there are several sword techniques that they didn't mention at the sword school, or how you can walk in the first person view now, or how you can sleep in beds to advance time and heal yourself, or how there's a working toilet in the school, or how you can throw the cats off the edge of Skyloft, or how the Guays poop on you if you stand underneath them (lol). I've just barely begun this adventure, but already I can tell they put an inordinate amount of effort into the little details of this game.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Wow, you guys are all ahead of me - I must suck big time. How the fuck do you get the last Kikwi? I've been stuck on that since last night.

edit: nvm. Wow, I'm stupid. I figured that's what you had to do, but I couldn't get the timing right.

Yeah, I would be really careful with Skyward Sword and HDTVs. I've got component cables and a Vizio. I've had a Wii for years, and I've never seen anything this bad. Played all the Wii Metroids and it's nothing like this. The comibnation of the jagged edges and the camera's motion makes the whole frame "swim" with jaggies. I'm hoping there is some setting somewhere that fixes it, because it gives me a headache to look at for more than a few minutes. But I suspect Vizios and Wiis just don't mix.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So many good games, so little money.
SELL DRUGS TO GET THIS GAME!!!
Wow, you guys are all ahead of me - I must suck big time. How the fuck do you get the last Kikwi? I've been stuck on that since last night.
It really depends on which one you're talking about. It looked to me like you could get them in whatever order you wanted.

If I remember correctly, one was like, you had to wind your way up this skinny ledge and then drop down a hole. It was like, in this place that was only accessible from that hole.

Another one was like, I entered this field where the douser (sp?) said it should be and it was like, up to the right on this tiny ledge where you had to climb up some vines to get to it.

The last one (for me) was up in a tree. I had to fight all the moblins (bokoblins?) below the tree before it would hop down.

And dear god. The "voice acting" or the "grunts" or whatever for the Chief Kikwi had me rolling for a good 10 mins.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
SELL DRUGS TO GET THIS GAME!!!
It really depends on which one you're talking about. It looked to me like you could get them in whatever order you wanted.

If I remember correctly, one was like, you had to wind your way up this skinny ledge and then drop down a hole. It was like, in this place that was only accessible from that hole.

Another one was like, I entered this field where the douser (sp?) said it should be and it was like, up to the right on this tiny ledge where you had to climb up some vines to get to it.

The last one (for me) was up in a tree. I had to fight all the moblins (bokoblins?) below the tree before it would hop down.

And dear god. The "voice acting" or the "grunts" or whatever for the Chief Kikwi had me rolling for a good 10 mins.
It was the climb the vines one. I didn't have the timing on the leap from vine clump A to vine clump B down. I just got it though.

I guess I've been playing way too much, I'm already past the third dungeon! :x

At this point, the game has successfully transitioned from a standard Zelda game to a fetch quest game, even worse than the "tears of light" in TP. Not going into details, but the game makes you do a lot of things that don't progress the story very much and make you revisit old places after you beat the third dungeon.

Hope it doesn't get any worse, that's the only real problem I've had with the game.

Don't click unless you've beaten the third dungeon/don't care:

Though the other Zelda games have mentioned the three goddesses creating Hyrule (Farore, Nayru, Din), there have been no references to any of them as being goddesses up to this point, only to a single Goddess (simply referred to as the goddess). From the text translated after each of the first two bosses (the text refers to the goddess talking to Link "from the edge of time"), I'm thinking that the goddess is a fourth "Goddess of Time". I also think that when Zelda and Impa went through the portal, they were teleported to another time. This theory would be supported by the time crystals in the Lanaryu province, the possible goddess of time, and the fact that Fi can no longer detect her aura (though if she were teleported to another realm, ie the sacred realm, this would also likely happen).

Kinda just hoping that the portal goes to the future or some crazy shit though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)