The Magazine Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is it appropriate to use an Underused Pokemon over a Standard on an OU team when the UU Pokemon in question is similar or performs a similar job to its counterpart?

How do you go about using Endeavor? What are some good Endeavor-users and good Endeavor-supporters? What are good counters? What tiers would it be good in? How would you go about building a team around it? Is it, overall, a viable move to base a team off of?

Sorry for the lengthy spiel, but in short:

How do you make, use, and counter an Endeavor team?

Okay, we all know what scizor has done to the metagame, and in UU absol is very powerfull becuase it's sucker punch is the most powerfull priority in the game. So, my question is: How much priority should a team have to be succesfull/how important is it on a team, and how has it affected the metagame?
I think this would be a good question for the smog becuas eit is a question that can help make a succesfull team and it can't just be answered by doing a google search or looking at current articles.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
What Pokemon types generally play well off one-another in each type of team (stall, balanced, offensive)?

How has Stealth Rocks affected competitive battling in consideration to the third and fourth generation, and how would the metagame operate without it?

Around early-mid Platinum, it was discovered that Metagross had excellent potential as a lead, but it had the Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch/Explosion/Stealth Rock options since the very beginning of D/P, but only recently has Metagross taken the no. 1 spot as a lead in the OU metagame. Do you think that the current metagame has any 'undiscovered gems' such as Metagross, or would you assume that a set and every pokemon's potential has been realized?

I'm not sure if this is a good question or not. But, I've always wondered about it, so here it is:

Trick Room is an effect that, if used correctly, can cripple your opponent and turn your team into a deadly sweeping force. So, why is it seen in only a hand full of battles?

There are Pokémon who dominate the metagame. Everyone heard about it, but what does this actually mean? What Pokémon are considered to dominate the metagame and what do they have, what other Pokémon don't have?

What are the advantages of attacking right away with a boosting item such as Choice Band/Specs as opposed to boosting your stats with a move like Swords Dance and vice-versa?

i wanted to ask whether u can put a section in the magazine about how to build a successful team for the standard metagame

Bulky Fire/Water/Grass offensive and defensive cores: Speculation on why they are not played as often anymore? Do the "veterans" of smogon use them a good deal? How effective have they been for you in the past?

Assuming that Scizor did not get Bullet Punch, would there be a huge change to the current Metagame?
Which of it's many counters would definitely be relegated to UU, due to it not having Bullet Punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)