The Mammoth and the Serpent (Peaked Top 50)

Hey bitches. This is the best OU team I've ever made, even though it's not the highest I've ever peaked. I know that this team is great, and the only reason I haven't gotten higher with it is because I'm honestly not a very good battler <_<

It's basically a combination of two unbelievably underrated threats: SubBounce Gyarados, and Mamoswine. With these two together, I can pretty much slaughter most teams.

Anyways, I'm not going to type up a lot for this, so here goes.

The Team

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My god Celebi is so fucking cute. Look at that plush doll. I want nothing more than to cuddle with that plush doll right now.

Nevertheless, I always like to have Stealth Rock on my teams to screw with Volcaronas and to turn off that stupid Multiscale on Dragonite, and Celebi is fantastic at setting it up. This guy also works as a brilliant counter to rain teams, cause he can soak up those hydro pumps from SpecsToad like they're nothing and fight back with Giga Drain and stuff. Even Ice Beams can't do a whole lot to this guy.

I basically took the standard EVs for defensive Celebi but transferred the defense EVs to Special Defense, because I'm using Celebi moreso to counter rain which is a lot more special than physical attacks. Besides, I can still take some punishment from the physical side nicely due to Celebi's natural bulk. I have HP Ice here instead of like Thunder Wave or Leech Seed or something because I just hate getting trolled by other Celebis that don't care about any of that. Plus, it pounds Dragonites that think they can set up on me cause they can absorb grass attacks and have a Lum Berry to stop status. Think again, bucko.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Man, I'm liking this plushy theme. If I can find them, I'm gonna have a plushy for each mon on my team.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite Pokemon to use this generation. Nobody uses the damn thing and I don't know why. It kills basically everything on sun and hail teams, and is one of the most potent revenge killers I've ever seen. Some people say Icicle Spear is better on this guy cause it can go through sashes and subs and whatnot, but I don't care because it OHKOs most Dragonite even through Multiscale because Mamoswine is a fucking stud. Earthquake is just rape on everything ever because I say so. Stone Edge is something I've used like twice on a Volcarona or something, but that's about it. I have Ice Shard in case I get into a sticky situation where like Scizor's Bullet Punch won't work and I need to kill something that got up to like +3 speed. It's happened. Also, it's one of my only ways to get rid of one of the biggest menaces to my team: Venusaur in the sun.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

Probably the best overall Pokemon of the 5th generation in my opinion. Nothing compares. I'd sooner ban this than Excadrill, but Dragonite is different. He's not so overpowered in the sense that he needs banned, he's just good. It's hard to explain. But he's been on almost every team I've made for quite a while now.

I really like this set even though I think his bulkier sets are a little better. They just don't fit as well on my team. There are a lot of times where I come in and absorb some random attack cause Dragonite's a bulky son of a bitch and then just proceed to set up and kill like four Pokemon with Outrage. There's just nothing most opponents can do about it. Lum Berry is no doubt the item of choice here, allowing me to take that Scald burn or that Thunder Wave or even the Outrage confusion so I can keep on going. If some silly Gastrodon wants to try and poison me, I welcome him to, as long as he's willing to take a +1 Outrage to the face. Which he can't take no matter what set he's using.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Bounce

Can someone explain to me why this set isn't one of the most used sets? Gyarados isn't really even used that much anymore. Why the hell is that? He's a monster in almost any situation.

Since my team doesn't have any weather, I like to have Pokemon that can abuse opposing weathers to an extent sometimes, and Gyarados can definitely use rain to his advantage. What makes this set works so well though is the combination of Substitute and Bounce. I throw up a sub and use bounce which gives me like three turns of lefties recovery and a shitload of damage on my opponent cause Bounce hits like a truck, I don't care what you say. Very few Pokemon can handle this set one-on-one, and it's usually a team effort by my opponent's to bring him down. I also have a fairly bulky set on this guy, which allows me to easily come in and tank anything Scizor wants to throw at me and proceed to set up.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Magnezone plushies don't exist :(

There are times when I think this guy is my weakest link, and there are times when he's the MVP of my team. Facts are that ScarfZone is excellent, and he gets a ton of kills in all kinds of situations. I like to spam Volt Switch, which probably isn't the greatest strategy, but it's extremely powerful on this little magnet dude and gets the job done. If you wanna question Hidden Power Fighting, go and pound a few Ferrothorns into next week and then see if you change your mind. Flash Cannon is a nice STAB move that I don't use a whole lot but it puts a dent in Tyranitar which I'm not complaining about. A lot of people still haven't learned and people rarely put Shed Shell on their steels, so this thing kills Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, etc all the damn time, and it's extremely gratifying to say the least.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Scizor is simply one of the most solid Pokemon Game Freak has ever made, in my opinion. He pulls off a bulky set well, and this guy patches up quite a few holes in my team. He provides some more priority because I'm a freak that HAS to have a few priority moves on every team, and he is the ultimate counter to Reuniclus who I've seen a lot more of lately. He gets quite a lot of sweeps as well, because even after all this time of insane usage, people are still unprepared for Swords Dance boosted Bullet Punches. Come on people, let's get with it now.

Threat List:
Venusaur - In the sun this thing is a monster. The best way I've come up with to beat it is to 1. Use bullet punch then get killed. 2. Use extremespeed then get killed. 3. Use ice shard and THEN Venusaur dies. Basically, it takes some sacrificing to get it low enough so Ice Shard will definitely kill it.

Zapdos - Electric/Fire/Ice slaughters basically my entire team. Mamoswine's swift Icicle Crash is my only true answer to offensive Zapdos.

In order to solve your Sunsaur problem, why don't you change Magnezone moveset with something like this?

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire/Fighting
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Sub on your prey (Ferrothorn or Forretress), kill it, then use your Sub to hit enemies with TBolt or cripple them with TWave.
Obviously you have to predict when Saur is going to appear and Wave the switch-in.

I like the looks of that set. I also like the instantaneous destruction that my current set provides. I'll do some testing to see what I like better!

First off, those plushies are pretty awesomeSecondly, if you want a true end all to both Venusaur and Zapdos, Heatran is you best answer. It can take most of what Venusaur throws at it (barring Earthquake; equip it with an Air Balloon for that) and resists Zapdos's common moves.

First off, those plushies are pretty awesomeSecondly, if you want a true end all to both Venusaur and Zapdos, Heatran is you best answer. It can take most of what Venusaur throws at it (barring Earthquake; equip it with an Air Balloon for that) and resists Zapdos's common moves.
Ohhhhh this sounds like a very hot idea (pun intended). It seems most logical to put him over Magnezone. Agree/Disagree?

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
try frustration > stone edge on mamo gives good power and is alot more reliable

I guess you just hope your opponent doesn't use fire attacks? Mag Argo could ruin this team. Or basicallyanyfiretype in general if it has rocks. You might want to fix that

I guess you just hope your opponent doesn't use fire attacks? Mag Argo could ruin this team. Or basicallyanyfiretype in general if it has rocks. You might want to fix that
Gyarados and Dragonite are fairly proficient at handling any fire type. I GUESS you could say Infernape with Fire Blast/Stone Edge/HP Ice/something else would beat up my team in theory, but who uses Infernape? And besides, Scarf Mamo comes in and Earthquakes for some destruction. Dead ape.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there.

I think Hidden Power Fire would be a lot more optimal to you then HP Ice, as Celebi can switch in easily on Ferrothorn, and break Volt Switch/U-Turn chains with ease, it can also beat other Celebi, just like Hidden Power Ice, but is more relevant in the current metagame, in my opinion at least.

Aside from that, this is a really nice team and congrats on the ladder peak.

On the subject of Sun/Venu/Zapdos counters, Latias is worthy of mention. Unlike Heatran, it isn't succeptible to Dugtrio and can around 80% of the Sun Abusers 1 on 1 assuming something on your team has taken a sleep powder, so if you can fit that in, it might help.

I think maggy plushies do exist you just have to look hard enough

Anyway so I won't get infracted let me comment on the team. Nice team....maybe try Ferrothorn over Celebi since it can run a similar set?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I oppose removing Magnezone, since otherwise your entire team is walled the fuck out of Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn, and they would have no problems setting up Spikes all over this team.

Also go with HP Fire on Magnezone for the reliable OHKO on Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Forretress. Even if it's raining it would still do as much as HP Fighting. Since your team is weatherless, you don't need to worry about the HP Fire-nerf in Rain most of the time anyways.

If you need a Heatran, I'd probably replace it with Mamoswine, since it doesn't really contribute much defensively. Heatran can reliably set up SR, so Celebi has a moveslot open to do more useful things, such as Nasty Plot, Leech Seed, Thunder Wave, Perish Song, or Baton Pass (to escape from TTar / Scizor's Pursuit).

Nasty Plot is definitely an option, since Magnezone can remove problematic Steel Types (barring Heatran / Jirachi) for Celebi. With little SAtk investment, Celebi can really bang up teams. You can afford to invest ~80 EVs in SAtk, while still maintaining solid special defense.

Here's a Heatran set that can work over Mamoswine.

Lava Plume / Fire Blast | Hidden Power Ice | Earth Power | Stealth Rock

Air Balloon would be useful against Sun Teams, but otherwise Lefties is better to take Dragon hits for the team. Between Scizor and Heatran, you now have solid coverage against dragons.

Infernape is the 27th most used pokemon in ou right now. Just letting you know. :P
As for your team, I would like to say if SR is up, you just lose draginite because of no healing. Try leftovers over lum berry, because that way it gives him more survivialbility, and the chance to do more havoc. your should be smart enough to avoid status.

It doesn't matter how smart you are. If you're attempting a Dnite sweep in the endgame you can't dodge a Thunder Wave. If you're pounding away with Outrage and then get confusion haxed, you're finished. It's things like that. Lum > Lefties.

Also, it's only 27th because noobs that are lower on the ladder use it then, because I haven't seen an Infernape in ages.

Do you have problems with Rain teams? because Specs Hydro Pump from Rotom-W can OHKO or 2HKO your team also Ice Beam is used a lot in rain teams so Ccelebi is Threatened.

I can usually play around them. Celebi isn't afraid of much of everything, and Gyarados is a hard stop to a lot of rain sweepers besides Rotom obviously. Obviously Magnezone is a bitch for them, being able to use quick Thunderbolts for a lot of damage. And if they're running rain stall he also removes Ferrothorn as well.

Celebi is an evil counter to rain the only thing that can beat celebi on a rain team is the stupid genie. But Celetran would be great, Stealth Rock on tran, then Celebi can run something like Reflect or Perish Song, which are very useful. As far as Gyarados, no one uses it because it really isn't good, lmao. Intimidate is awesome, but that is all he is good for now. CB Gyarados is pretty legit, but I actually think Bulky DD Gyarados is a joke. Offensive, Choice, and Defensive Gyarados outperform it. BUT, since your team has mag to eliminate skarmory, it just so happens to work. With your own balloon Heatran and Dragonite, your team probably won't have Fire Problems. An idea I've always wanted to try was Dragonite and Salamence on the same team. It might be worth a shot. With those two, you can make Salamence a Dragon Dancer and run CB Dragonite, which will give your team a more powerful priority move for Venusaur. Dragonite is the better CBer of the 2, which is why I suggest it. Plus, Salamence flat out does more damage and is faster.

Also, another thing to help is to use Life Orb on Scizor. Leftovers??? Come on man. Scizor has roost and isn't weak to Stealth Rock or Sandstorm. Life Orb gives you 30% more revenge killing power and you don't sacrifice bulk when your seting up so why not???? +2 Scizor 2HKOs Gliscor with Bullet Punch and an Orb... not bad huh?

If you do decide Life Orb, go with 232 in HP, then 16, 56, or 96 Attack EVs with the rest in SpDef. I can't remember where I ended up picking 96 Attack from, but those are 3 jump point thresholds. Also, a few speed EVs wont hurt to out-bullet punch weakened Scizors.

Ohh, and I just noticed, your team has 4 Fire Weaks!!! Yeah Heatran will help alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)