The monster of Loch Ness in the rain

The monster of Loch Ness in the rain
Hello, I will present a team made ​​recently, it works pretty well, I wanted to do a rain based on Gyarados and the result is rather convincing.

The team :

Frog (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Why I took? simply because it is the only one who can throw the rain at the outset, and as my team is a rain, for not losing a turn to throw the rain which lasts only 5 turns, it is better not lose and turn it lasts throughout the fight, stab in h-pump, for ferrothorn focus blast, Encore for placements and ice beam for dragons

DevilBats (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Ice Fang

Why I took? simply because each team has not skarmory or gliscor terrakion is low, and as for the ban of excadrill, terrakion to take over and becomes the most played finisher in sandstorm teams, it fits comfortably attacks physical sweepers, earthquake in stab, ice fang for dragon-types, sub for anticip an evantual switch, and toxic for kill stallers.

LochNess (Gyarados) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Subtitute

Why I took? just because my team is based on him, he made ​​great damages with draco dance, the life orb, moxie and the rain, waterfall and bounce in stab, subtitute for the volt switch at rotom-w and draco dance to boost

Sonic (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Why I took? simply because the opponent can also enjoy the rain is at stake and can be very large damages with water attacks, it's a little tank for tank attack water and plants. power whip and stab in Gyroball, stealthrock to ask the sr and leech seed to drain the pvs.

GrandChariot (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Why I took? simply because I needed a rapid spinner to facilitate placement of Gyarados as 25% each at the outset, it hurts. Under the rain it takes it toll more than adequate with h-pump and thunder increased to 100% success. hydro pump in stab, thunderfor water-types, rapid spin for Gyarados, and recover for heal.

Maevis @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Spa / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Subtitute

Why I took? simply because I needed someone who could enjoy the rain while a steel type, again, I can put on ferrothorn. Subtitute for Anticip an evantual switch, water pulse to enjoy the rain, thunder for water-types and calm mind for boost

Thank you for tracking the rmt of this OU team or if you have any advice, don't hesitate please ^^.

it looks like you have alot of problems with opposing ferrothorn. with leech seed + power whip + gyro ball, it beats every single one of your mons one-on-one except your own ferro, who can't do anything back and just invites your opponent to set up spikes. i'd try changing your jirachi set to substitute + calm mind. it turns opposing ferrothorn into complete set-up bait, which effectively solves your problem. the loss of a check to dragon dancers isn't too much of a problem because you've got your own ferro to counter them.

as for some minor changes, try running substitute over stone edge on gyarados. it helps him get past his most common counter, rotom-w, whose only electric move is volt switch, and therefore will be forced to switch out after breaking the sub, letting you boost multiple times. also, changing your politoed set to choice scarf, using encore over either focus blast or hp grass, will let you temporarily stop opposing subcm jirachi, locking them into either sub or cm, and letting your other mons hit it hard before it can set up and sweep you. the extra speed of scarf is also valuable against various speedy threats such as gengar or tornadus.

hope this helped GL

Hey xNero, this is a pretty solid team especially since the changes BKC suggested. However, I don't really know if Gliscor is a perfect fit on the team. Since you have Gyarados, all it's really doing for you is beating Terrakion, and stopping Rotom-W and co from Volt Switching mindlessly.

Something you can try out is to run a physically defensive Nidoqueen in place of Gliscor. Works exactly the same as Gliscor really except it can lay Toxic Spikes, which look like they'd be really helpful, and unlike Gliscor its a safe lead against Tyranitar on the standard VoltTurn team. It does keep the current conflict in status though between poison and Jirachi's paralysis.

Minor fix you should use if you decide not to use Toxic Spikes; since you're using that Jirachi set Thunder Wave should be used on Ferrothorn (plus imo it's just all round essential on Ferro to stop Dragonite / Terrakion / Lucario w/e switching in constantly). Stealth Rock (or you could shift SR to Nidoqueen and keep Leech Seed on Ferro) / TWave / Power Whip / Spikes looks fine.

Hey, thanks for the rate, i can't put sheer force + stealthrock so what ability ?
i try your suggest ;)

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think that Gliscor is actually a pretty vital part to this team. It stops VoltTurning shenanigans which you say is pretty minor but they can seriously mess this team up if hazards are up (especially Rocks + Spikes). This team isn't actually that weak to Toxic Spikes (4 are immune and Starmie may as well be) so Gliscor is definitely superior to Nidoqueen seing as it isn't weak to Earthquake and has more resistances (as well as an immunity to Spikes).

However I would recommend changing Gliscor's set. Try changing Substitute to Protect. This really helps with Choice physical attackers because you can scout their move and switch/use attack depending on what move they use. Also try changing Ice Fang to Stealth Rock and changing Stealth Rock to Spikes on Ferrothorn. Stealth Rock is such a common move that it's a pity to waste a move slot on Ferrothorn for something that every Pokemon and its cousin can use. You say Ice Fang is for Dragon-types but you already have more than enough Pokemon who can take down common Dragon Dancers (Starmie, Ferrothorn and Jirachi to an extent). This gives you an extra hazard and means Gliscor has more opportunity to support the team instead of launching off a relatively weak attack.

It's a shame that gliscor can't run both rocks and poison heal iirc. You could run both substitute and protect on the set as you really have enough insurance against dragons as is.

Anyway, I just have a little change to suggest for now; lefties over LO on gyarados. As gyara is going to be your main sweeper and it's running substitute, which already cuts down its HP, Life Orb is just suicidal and you really won't be pulling that many full sweeps with it attached, at least on paper. Lefties is really nice because it lets gyara survive much longer and regain the HP lost from subbing. You will notice the power drop, but with DDs and an adamant nature gyarados is ridiculously strong and if you net some KOs moxie will also make up for it.

Standard Rain Team con un RainRachi. Es muy bonito y bien. Just kidding. I'm English.
But yeah. Because you have the RainRachi, you pretty much win. Keep the Gliscor, because when if it isn't there, your incredibly exploitable Electric weakness is going to show as much skin as a California girl at a hooker convention.

Hey there.

SD Toxicroak is a major problem for this team, being able to set up on a lot of your team members. Gyarados is the only thing you have that stands a chance against it (Jirachi can try to get a parahax but is OHKO'd), and after a little bit of prior damage, it'll go down easily. You can fix this problem easily by changing Gliscor's EV spread to 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe. This spread gives Gliscor enough Speed to not only outrun Toxicroak, but also Rotom-W and neutral base 100s and the like. This makes Gliscor much more effective when trying to Toxic Stall the opposition. Also, definitely run Protect over Ice Fang. Protect allows Gliscor to be even more of a nuisance, and is also useful for scouting attacks from the likes of Choice Scarf Landorus. Ferrothorn can handle Dragon-types anyway, and can take Fire Punch from Dragonite thanks to rain. Toxic + Substitute + Protect will discourage most Pokemon from setting up on Gliscor anyway. This set also takes some of the pressure off of Ferrothron in handling Rotom-W, as this set can take on all non-Choice Scarf variants 1-on-1 (it can scout Choice Scarf variants anyway).

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Hey

Got the request. It seems this team is really heading in the right direction but I think that there are few things that could be improved upon. First of all, Gyarados appears to get very less opportunities to set-up effectively. Physical walls like Ferrothorn effortlessly break its substitute with Power Whip in one shot. Moxie is an excellent ability but it doesn't gets along well with the rest of your team. I highly recommend changing up its EV spread to 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spd with Intimidate as the ability and Leftovers. While running a Dragon Dance variant, significant amount of bulk would help you massively. Intimidate paired up with 56 HP EVs essentially allow Gyarados to set upon variety of physical attackers and walls. Intimidate also lessens of the pressure from Gliscor's shoulder versus other powerful physical hitters such as Lucario and Toxicroak. If the above change doesn't suits you, I'd just replace Subsitute with Stone Edge which provides great coverage nailing Flying / Dragons harder than usual. On Politoed, Choice Scarf automatically puts you to an early huge disadvantage against other weather inducers. CS limits Politoed's move pool and survivability which negatively effects rest of the team. I greatly suggest replacing CS set for a 3 Attacks variant. The most appealing factor about this set is it's ability to punch holes in opposing teams thanks to its sheer power and unpredictability. Hydro Pump is an absolute weapon of destruction especially with a modest nature and max special attack. Ice Beam provides perfect coverage against dragons and grass-type mons. Hidden Power Grass is your potent way to decimate Gastrodon and bulky-water types from absorbing its moves. For the last slot both perish song and encore are appropriate candidates and choices. Perish Song shuts down both smash and baton pass oriented teams. Focus Blast is an excellent alternative over Hidden Power Grass which completely decimates the likes of Tyranitar and Ferrothorn.

Politoed @ Leftovers | Drizzle
Modest | 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Perish Song / Encore

For some minor changes, Ferrothorn would really appreciate Thunder Wave over Gyro Ball. Since Ferrothorn attracts so many unwanted threats , crippling them right away would be extremely beneficial. With well-timed predictions dealing with them becomes much simpler later on. On Jirachi I would put Psyshock over Water Pulse, it enhances Jirachi's ability to take on fighting and bulky ground-type mons. At the moment you have no way to get past Gastrodon's superb typing. With Psyshock added Toxicroak and Bulk Up Breloom are no longer considered as big threats. Another good thing is you wouldn't have to change Gliscor's spread after this change. Psyshock also allows you to stand a chance against opposing calm minders. After these changes your team looks even more solid, Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)