The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I was bored earlier this morning, and decided to see how far I could get in the Maison with a Dunsparce that I RNG abused in Leaf Green for Body Slam. I already had a 50 win streak going in super singles. First team I came across was a Veteran with a Regice, Moltres, and the most worrisome, Latias.

Ended up sweeping his whole team with Dunsparce and Dunsparce alone. He even took out Regice while burned, thanks to Flame Body Moltres.

Here's the battle video, if anyone cares to watch: D8SG-WWWW-WW4G-BT4U

I saw the posts about incredible Snorlaxes, and I thought I'd post a similar story.

I decided to try playing a Nuzlocke run on my X game after beating it once, since I didn't find the game to be especially challenging. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I figured that this might be the perfect game to try as a Nuzlocke, since I'd always been too scared of failure in the past. I lost plenty of Pokemon on the way, along with some beloved team members, but by the time I got to the Pokemon League, I felt like I had a pretty solid team (though I had unexpectedly lost my Tentacruel to Victory Road, so no Water type).

I went in with Delphox, Pidgeot, Snorlax, Tyrantrum, Magneton, and Xerneas (completely untrained; he was a last-minute replacement for Tentacruel and I didn't expect to use him). I defeat Malva without too much trouble. Drasna is the same, though there were some troubling close shaves. I'm feeling alright, so I battle Wikstrom next - and he kills Delphox and Tyrantrum. Then Siebold wipes out Pidgeot, Magneton, and Xerneas with his Dragon Dance Gyarados. Snorlax managed to beat him once Waterfall ran out of PP, but I didn't like my prospects of facing Diantha down with nothing but a Snorlax.

Still, I had to try. And, incredibly, Snorlax seemed to be born to fight Diantha. Yawn put dangerous foes to sleep, Return was incredibly powerful STAB, Crunch took care of Gourgeist, and Brick Break smashed right through Aurorus's Reflect. I could hardly believe it, but I guess I should've expected it. That Snorlax carried the team through the most dangerous battles ever since I caught him.

tl;dr: Go Snorlax!

Earlier in this thread on page 10, i had posted a few of my most treasured flawless shiny Pokemon that I had bred/SR for over the years. Today I have a new accomplishment I'd like to show everyone, which is basically the closest I believe you can come to a perfect save file in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I have achieved just about every difficult task there is to do in my Omega Ruby game. This would include completing both the Hoenn and National Pokedex, attaining a Gold Trainer card, acquiring all secret base decorations (and having a pretty cool secret base If I do say so myself- pictures below), obtaining all 5 statues in the Battle Resort, winning 100 times (Lansat Berry) and 200 times (Starf Berry) in a row in the Battle Resort- specifically in Super Triple Battles with a team of Politoed, Sylveon, Raikou, Kingdra, Breloom and M-Scizor- and mastering both the Singles and Doubles Test in the Battle Institute with a score of 6,106 (Singles) and 6,592 (Doubles). In addition I have also acquired every Legendary in their Shiny form that is legally available (with some help from the GTS), along with a collection of about 150 Shinies in total. Lastly, the Raikou that I posted back on page 10 deserves another shoutout for being my most prized possession that I acquired in my Omega Ruby game for being a Shiny with his three perfect IVS in Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed (IV spread: 19-11-30-31-31-31) and having all 24 Ribbons available between XY and ORAS. I have attached pictures for all of these accomplishments besides attaining all of the available shiny legendaries bc thats way too many pics, you'll just have to trust me ;). Thanks for the read!

Pokedex:

Gold Trainer Card:

Battle Resort Statues and Win Streak:

Battle Institute Records:

My Secret Base:

My Raikou:

Last edited:
I've got two great moments to share:

1. I was trying to hunt for a HA Carbink and instead of finding the one HA Carbink, I end up catching 4 shiny Roggenrolas and 3 shiny Mime Jr.s instead (each shiny was a 1 shiny horde). After that I gave up catching one and decided to trade for one.

2. I did an X solo run with the event fancy pattern Vivillion. This prevented me from being over leveled for the fight with Grant. I also had a self-imposed rule that I could use O-Powers on myself, but I couldn't use another game's O-Powers to cheap my way to high stats. Grant was only taken down thanks to one Defense Power level 1 and 3-4 X-Defends (and of course healing items) just to be able to survive enough to win. That's the only time to date I remember seriously using X-items. The overall run wasn't too bad after that but beating Grant with just a Vivillion was certainly a highlight of my Pokemon career.

1. I was trying to hunt for a HA Carbink and instead of finding the one HA Carbink, I end up catching 4 shiny Roggenrolas and 3 shiny Mime Jr.s instead (each shiny was a 1 shiny horde). After that I gave up catching one and decided to trade for one.

2. I did an X solo run with the event fancy pattern Vivillion. This prevented me from being over leveled for the fight with Grant. I also had a self-imposed rule that I could use O-Powers on myself, but I couldn't use another game's O-Powers to cheap my way to high stats. Grant was only taken down thanks to one Defense Power level 1 and 3-4 X-Defends (and of course healing items) just to be able to survive enough to win. That's the only time to date I remember seriously using X-items. The overall run wasn't too bad after that but beating Grant with just a Vivillion was certainly a highlight of my Pokemon career.
For some reason Shiny Pokemon always like to appear when searching for a HA Carbink. I, myself, found JUST two shiny Mime Jr.s

Reactions: JES

Yeah, I caught I think three shiny Mime Jrs., including a 5IV Timid (-SpD) one, and one Roggenrola before I got a HA Carbink.

Hatched a 1800 CP Snorlax today (on PoGo).

Not really something I've done or accomplished myself, but I found it amazing nonetheless.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Nice. When I was catching females in Safari Balls in SS a few weeks ago, I encountered a shiny Lotad with one ball left and caught it (about a 50 percent chance).
Mine took three balls and they weren't even close to my last ones. Even though mine was a 25% chance per ball, I will admit that you have out-awesomed me.

I looked up where to catch horsea since I hadn't encountered it even once in X. Go to the city, surf, first pokemon I come across is a shiny horsea. What. The. Fuck.

To add onto that, Horsea's line is pretty much my favorite Pokémons, together with Politoed's and Espeon's

Idec that my most amazing moment was just extremely lucky rng. I love it way too much

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
In Twitch Plays Pokemon they caught Nidorino in Safari Zone and named something like AAAAAAAA, which they called Moon King Fonz after it evolved into Nidoking. (Moon Stone + Nidoking + The Fonz's Catchphrase) I named mine Queen Fonz to reference that Nidoking and make a joke about its color being the color of its female counterpart. The down side of this nickname is that it helped me have that awkward moment when I realized that my new Shiny might be a Drag Queen... :/

Earlier in this thread on page 10, i had posted a few of my most treasured flawless shiny Pokemon that I had bred/SR for over the years. Today I have a new accomplishment I'd like to show everyone, which is basically the closest I believe you can come to a perfect save file in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I have achieved just about every difficult task there is to do in my Omega Ruby game. This would include completing both the Hoenn and National Pokedex, attaining a Gold Trainer card, acquiring all secret base decorations (and having a pretty cool secret base If I do say so myself- pictures below), obtaining all 5 statues in the battle tower and winning 100 times (Lansat Berry) and 200 times (Starf Berry) in a row in the Battle Resort- specifically in Super Triple Battles with a team of Politoed, Sylveon, Raikou, Kingdra, Breloom and M-Scizor. In addition I have also acquired every Legendary in their Shiny form that is legally available (with some help from the GTS), along with a collection of about 150 Shinies in total. Lastly, the Raikou that I posted back on page 10 deserves another shoutout for being my most prized possession that I acquired in my Omega Ruby game for being a Shiny with his three perfect IVS in Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed (IV spread: 19-11-30-31-31-31) and having all 24 Ribbons available between XY and ORAS. I have attached pictures for all of these accomplishments besides attaining all of the available shiny legendaries bc thats way too many pics, you'll just have to trust me ;). Thanks for the read!

Pokedex:

Gold Trainer Card:

My Secret Base:

My Raikou:
This truly is very impressive and one of the most amazing things I've seen on this entire thread. All of those decorations in your base and the platinum flag must have taken a very long time, then there's completing the national Dex and all 5 trophies etc. Very impressive man, plus that Raikou is sick! Obviously your signature Pokemon judging by your stylus. Congrats man, keep up the good work!

Earlier in this thread on page 10, i had posted a few of my most treasured flawless shiny Pokemon that I had bred/SR for over the years. Today I have a new accomplishment I'd like to show everyone, which is basically the closest I believe you can come to a perfect save file in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I have achieved just about every difficult task there is to do in my Omega Ruby game. This would include completing both the Hoenn and National Pokedex, attaining a Gold Trainer card, acquiring all secret base decorations (and having a pretty cool secret base If I do say so myself- pictures below), obtaining all 5 statues in the battle tower and winning 100 times (Lansat Berry) and 200 times (Starf Berry) in a row in the Battle Resort- specifically in Super Triple Battles with a team of Politoed, Sylveon, Raikou, Kingdra, Breloom and M-Scizor. In addition I have also acquired every Legendary in their Shiny form that is legally available (with some help from the GTS), along with a collection of about 150 Shinies in total. Lastly, the Raikou that I posted back on page 10 deserves another shoutout for being my most prized possession that I acquired in my Omega Ruby game for being a Shiny with his three perfect IVS in Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed (IV spread: 19-11-30-31-31-31) and having all 24 Ribbons available between XY and ORAS. I have attached pictures for all of these accomplishments besides attaining all of the available shiny legendaries bc thats way too many pics, you'll just have to trust me ;). Thanks for the read!

Pokedex:

Gold Trainer Card:

My Secret Base:

My Raikou:
This is incredible! Plus with Hyper Training in Sun/Moon, you can make that Raikou perfect! Congratulations! :)

Wow thank you for all the love everyone!

This truly is very impressive and one of the most amazing things I've seen on this entire thread. All of those decorations in your base and the platinum flag must have taken a very long time, then there's completing the national Dex and all 5 trophies etc. Very impressive man, plus that Raikou is sick! Obviously your signature Pokemon judging by your stylus. Congrats man, keep up the good work!
I really appreciate it man! It definitely took a ton of grinding and time for everything but it was certainly worth it! I'm glad I also have a copy of Alpha Sapphire in case I ever want to play through the games again without having to ever restart this file :)

This is incredible! Plus with Hyper Training in Sun/Moon, you can make that Raikou perfect! Congratulations! :)
Thank you so much for the kind words :) And I know I can't wait for hyper training! I'm really hoping they allow you to raise specific IVs by a certain amount, so I can max the HP and make the Attack IV 30 to go along with the 30 in Def, to give this Raikou an IV spread of 31/30/30/31/31/31 (the treasured 60 HP ice he so desperately wants), but hey, I'll be beyond ecstatic with a flawless shiny Raikou :)

Last edited:
Wow thank you for all the love everyone!

I really appreciate it man! It definitely took a ton of grinding and time for everything but it was certainly worth it! I'm glad I also have a copy of Alpha Sapphire in case I ever want to play through the games again without having to ever restart this file :)

Thank you so much for the kind words :) And I know I can't wait for hyper training! I'm really hoping they allow you to raise specific IVs by a certain amount, so I can max the HP and make the Attack IV 30 to go along with the 30 in Def, to give this Raikou an IV spread of 31/30/30/31/31/31 (the treasured 70 HP ice he so desperately wants), but hey, I'll be beyond ecstatic with a flawless shiny Raikou :)
Hidden Power is fixed damage (at least in Gen VI it is). Raising your attack IV will only raise damage you take from confusion and Foul Play.

Hidden Power is fixed damage (at least in Gen VI it is). Raising your attack IV will only raise damage you take from confusion and Foul Play.
Ahh that's right I completely forgot they even reduced it to 60 BP for a second, never even realized it was always fixed this gen. So really I just need to make the HP maxed and have the Attack stat be an even number and I'm set (if specific IV numbers can be set and not just maxed). Good call my friend, learn something new everyday.

Pokedex:

Gold Trainer Card:

My Secret Base:

My Raikou:
Very impressive work.

I think the most impressive thing I accomplished as a kid was somehow managing to use a modest Crawdaunt I had caught as a main member of my team, even beating the game with it. It's amazing for me because I had no idea how level grinding worked, and we can all agree that Crawdaunt was....not so great before the Physical/Special split. I wish I still had that Crawdaunt, I'd transfer it over to ORAS in a heartbeat.

Oooo cool thread! Back when I was 11~12ish I got really close to beating Fire Red using nothing but a Clefairy and a Jigglypuff (I probably had a couple of other mons for HM usage, but I don't remember actually using them nor which pókemon they were exactly). Not sure if this counts as something amazing, but it's a personal accomplishment that I am pretty proud of!

My Jigglypuff had a really sh#tty moveset with double slap and sing ( like in the anime ), and I'm 99% sure Clefairy had Cosmic Power ( I thought the animation was pretty ) and its sole 'offensive' skill was metronome which I've kept for the novelty of it. Haha, I remember the struggle of getting past Rock Tunnel without Flash, took me like a whole day iirc.

Unfortunately, I got stuck at the Elite Four and gave up. I wish I had the fortitude to try it again now...

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
ok so i dont remember if ive ever posted this before but
it was in pokemon blue, my first ever pokemon game, on my first ever run

i had just beaten lance, and had one pokemon alive and one revive. i was out of any other hp restoring item.
so i used my revive and had :
venusaur with hp in the 50s
nidoking with hp in the 70s

because i was a scrub piece of shit my nidoking had both horn drill and fissure, and was level 68(?) venusaur was 70-something (you can see i was a good trainer by how much i overleveled two pokemon)

i wound up beating gary with just those two pokemon

hands-down coolest thing i ever did in pokemon

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Found this in the comment section of a YouTube video. Had to share.

I had this happen to me yesterday night with encountering 3 Taillow in a row in Petalburg Woods on Ruby (Also a 5% encounter ratio); ended up finding 4 Taillow and 3 Slakoth before finding a single Shroomish. ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)