Kyurem-Black @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bolt Strike / Earthquake
- Spore
- Coil

This is a set I have been experimenting with a little bit on hail teams. I don't have the whole hail team worked out yet, but this guy is the star. All of Kyurem's stats are excellent, and despite a few annoyingly common weaknesses (dragon, fighting) he really manages to perform consistently. The set is simple: gain passive recovery while hail whittles down the opposing team. Nothing is immune to hail except for kyurem-w, opposing kyurem-b, and magic guard lugia/giratina. Icicle crash and bolt strike are Kyurem's main offensive moves in BH. Coil fixes both of their accuracy while also boosting attack and defense. The defense boosts allow him to tank gyro balls, close combats, and facades with more grace. Spore is standard fare for poison healers, hitting all but magic bounce, statused, and insomnia pokemons. Earthquake is an option over bolt strike to rape take down things like Dialga and heatran. Most water types can be spored or icicle crashed anyways, so I'm kind of leaning towards it.

In regards to the bit about "nothing is immune to hail", don't forget about Magic Guard Archeops, Aerodactyl, and Ho-oh. They're all three relatively common and the first two can Head Smash Kyu-B into oblivion (though they can't switch into Icicle Crash) and Ho-oh on occasion can toss around Head Smashes too. There's also Weaville, Froslass, Regice, and Arceus-Ice for hail immunity, but all four of those are fairly rare.

Kyurem-Black @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bolt Strike / Earthquake
- Spore
- Coil

This is a set I have been experimenting with a little bit on hail teams. I don't have the whole hail team worked out yet, but this guy is the star. All of Kyurem's stats are excellent, and despite a few annoyingly common weaknesses (dragon, fighting) he really manages to perform consistently. The set is simple: gain passive recovery while hail whittles down the opposing team. Nothing is immune to hail except for kyurem-w, opposing kyurem-b, and magic guard lugia/giratina. Icicle crash and bolt strike are Kyurem's main offensive moves in BH. Coil fixes both of their accuracy while also boosting attack and defense. The defense boosts allow him to tank gyro balls, close combats, and facades with more grace. Spore is standard fare for poison healers, hitting all but magic bounce, statused, and insomnia pokemons. Earthquake is an option over bolt strike to rape take down things like Dialga and heatran. Most water types can be spored or icicle crashed anyways, so I'm kind of leaning towards it.

I've been using a very similar set to yours, but with:

Kyurem-Black @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spore
- Icicle Crash
- Dragon Tail

I actually used this set long time ago, almost the same time I made the Spore-Tail Gigas set, it can effectively spin off hazards by threatening Giratina and spore phazing the rest. It beats Imposters really well since D-tail, a SE attack has negative priority, so they cannot attack you with a SE D-tail, unless you get extremely unlucky where you spore them and they wake up first turn, win the speed tie and D-tail you out (happened to me 3 times already) Icicle Crash is its main attacking move, it's there to scare away Giratina.

EDIT: The BH Guide has had a huge update, it's more accurate before, we added how Mold Breaker beats Unaware now and the Pokemon's that abuse it.

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to put my two cents in here. Love this tier (except for the lack of Sleep Clause)

"Uber Scizor" Kyu-B

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Dual Chop
- U-turn
- Low Sweep / Storm Throw

Here he is in all his glory, an souped-up version of Scizor. He at worst 2HKOs every single Pokemon in the game with SR and an Adamant nature, and still pulls off most of those with a Jolly nature, besides Sturdy Shedinja (well before 6th Gen, at least). Ice Shard is powerful priority with Technician, and has about a 50% chance of OHKOing 252/252 Latios. Dual Chop does the same amount of damage as Outrage without the latter's drawbacks, and also breaks through subs. U-Turn is for scouting and switching out on the predicted Shedinja, and Low Sweep is great coverage, and with the speed drop, allows me to guarantee the 2HKO on Arceus, Slaking, etc. Storm Throw, on the other hand, ignores the opponent's defense boosts and deals as much damage as Close Combat without any drawbacks. The base 95 speed is really helpful in outspeeding the numerous base 90 dragons (and now the 92 Mega Garchomp) in the tier.

An Adamant nature can guarantee an OHKO on Giratina and can 2HKO every single Pokemon in the game factoring in Leftovers, but the extra speed from the Jolly nature is usually better.

Shift Gear 'Gross

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Crash / Fusion Bolt / Roost
- Nature Power

'Gross is an underrated Poke in the Hackmons environment, and people brush it aside because people don't even use it in OU. However, he's got a lot of things going for him. He has great stats and massive bulk, and a good typing that lets him take many of the dragon-type attacks in the tier. He has a great STAB in Meteor Mash, which has a great 20% chance to increase his beastly attack even more. Shift Gear lets 'Gross hit hard and resolves his speed problems in one turn, letting him outspeed every non-scarf Poke besides Deo-S, who can't touch you unless it runs Mold Breaker. Nature Power is a pseudo Earthquake that gets great coverage alongside his STAB, with more PP than the actual move. For the last coverage move, Icicle Crash lets 'Gross hit Pokes like Lando and Dragons with better accuracy than Meteor Mash, and the flinch chance is handy once your speed is boosted. Fusion Bolt is purely to hit bulky waters, but watch out for Scald. Finally, Roost can be used in combination with 'Gross's good bulk for more longevity. 'Gross makes a great pivot early game with Magic Bounce, and checks Pokemon like Giratina, Deo-S, Scizor, and Dialga.

Adaptability Terrak

Terrakion @ Life Orb / Stone Plate / Fist Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Crash / Fusion Bolt
- Stone Edge

Very similar set to 'Gross, but Terrak uses Adaptability to boost what may be the best STAB combo in the game. Icicle Crash is for Lando and Dragons without resorting to Stone Miss, and Fusion Bolt is for bulky waters without the drawbacks of his STABs.

Last edited:
This may or may not be my last contribution for Gen V BH sets. We'll see how things play out.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry/Leftovers/an anti-flier plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Spd
- Sky Drop
- Swords Dance/Nature Power/Judgement
- Roost/Nature Power/Judgement
- Copycat

Normally, something like Rayquaza would completely outclass Dragonite. The keyword here is normally. Funnily enough, Ray is too fast to use this set to maximum efficiency. Dragonite is slower and still maintains a respectable amount of both power and bulk. So, why would you want a slower Pokemon?

The idea of this set is to render your opponent completely and totally helpless with Sky Drop + Copycat. If an opponent attempts to move while affected by Sky Drop, it won't do anything. Hence, Prankster lets Dragonite copy a Sky Drop before the opponent can move and, thanks to reducing it's speed as much as possible, it then applies the damage on the next turn after them. And with the combination of zero Speed EVs and IVs with a hindering nature, there isn't a lot that'll move slower than this Dragonite's lethargic 148 speed. Hence, if they don't have anything to stop it, they'll be completely helpless.

Sky Drop does not affect fliers, so this set is both walled completely by them and is also Imposter proof (though a safe switch is recommended so they can't force you to waste 20 PP). Faster Pranksters, like Lugia, and things that are just really slow, like Escalvalier, can prevent the Copycat chain from going. Priority moves, like Protect and Extreme Speed, also hinder the set's effectiveness. Hence, this set isn't meant to be a lead sweeper but rather something to switch in for clean-up once you've identified and eliminated things that can stop it.

Sky Drop doesn't have a lot of power and the first use will likely ensure that Dragonite takes damage, so Swords Dance and Roost are the recommended moves. However, if you want coverage to break down Rock and Steel types faster, Nature Power is an option so long as you're playing Gen V BH. Otherwise, use Earthquake. If you're really concerned about fliers and Imposters, you can run Ice, Rock, or Electric Judgement to handle them as well thanks to Dragonite's not-too-shabby Special Attack.

Froslass (F) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Blue Flare
- Shell Smash
- Taunt/Aura Sphere/Sacred Sword/other filler

As you can tell at a glance, this set is simply another spin on the Imposter-proof sets. While there's other ghosts who can run it, Froslass is chosen because 9 players out of 10 are going to be tempted to fling Fire attacks at it until they realize it has Flash Fire. (This also gives it the benefit of being a safe switch into Choice-locked Reshiram, Entei, and Darmitan).

The set performs in a rather straight forward fashion: set up and start sweeping. When the Imposter Chansey comes in, you can cackle maniacally as they fling Blue Flare at you, only for you to get a Flash Fire boost to aid you in sweeping the rest of their team.

As Froslass has low bulk to begin with, Shell Smash is the preferred set-up move since the defense drops don't mean a whole lot to it. Though you can always opt for Quiver Dance or Tail Glow if you'd prefer. Taunt is my preferred filler move as it lets it handle some annoying things that'd stop it otherwise, such as Unaware Heartswap or Prankster Destiny Bond, while this set doesn't really care about getting Taunt bounced back at it. However, if you'd rather have a different filler move or Fighting-type coverage, there's plenty of options.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Foul Play
- Swagger
- Encore

If you've played randbats, lower standard tiers, or any alternative meta where it's relevant, you've probably met Liepard and found it to be annoying as hell to face. Now what if I told you that Umbreon can pull the exact same stunts and, unlike the feline, actually has the bulk to make it very difficult to dislodge?

Like Liepard, this Umbreon is a massive PITA. Set up a Substitute and then start tossing around Swagger. If the opponent stays in, smack it with a STAB Foul Play. Even if the opponent was clever enough to zero out their attack IVs and EVs, Swagger's attack boost combined with STAB will let Umbreon inflict decent damage to most victims.

Liepard famously runs this set with Thunderwave for Parafusion fun, and you can do that if you want, but Encore is preferable as it can cause Umbreon to force its victims to become helpless if they use the wrong moves. For example, Umbreon can switch in on a Shell Smashed Mewtwo's Psystrike and then Encore it to ensure that it can't hurt Umbreon.

This set frequently causes a lot of switching, so it's strongly recommended that you get hazards onto the opponent's side of the field. And ideally, you'll want to eliminate their spinner too if you can.

Just wanted to put my two cents in here. Love this tier (except for the lack of Sleep Clause)

"Uber Scizor" Kyu-B

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Dual Chop
- U-turn
- Low Sweep / Storm Throw

Here he is in all his glory, an souped-up version of Scizor. He at worst 2HKOs every single Pokemon in the game with an Adamant nature, and still pulls off most of those with a Jolly nature, besides Sturdy Shedinja (well before 6th Gen, at least). Ice Shard is powerful priority with Technician, and has about a 50% chance of OHKOing 252/252 Latios. Dual Chop does the same amount of damage as Outrage without the latter's drawbacks, and also breaks through subs. U-Turn is for scouting and switching out on the predicted Shedinja, and Low Sweep is great coverage, and with the speed drop, allows me to guarantee the 2HKO on Arceus, Slaking, etc. Storm Throw, on the other hand, ignores the opponent's defense boosts and deals as much damage as Close Combat without any drawbacks. The base 95 speed is really helpful in outspeeding the numerous base 90 dragons (and now the 92 Mega Garchomp) in the tier.

An Adamant nature can guarantee an OHKO on Giratina and can 2HKO every single Pokemon in the game factoring in Leftovers, but the extra speed from the Jolly nature is usually better.

does not 2HKO every pokemon in the game. Technician has some uses, but I'd much rather use it on chomp with bonemerang.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this'd be considered necroposting, but my bad, meant with SR. Storm Throw 2HKOes Forretress (who you don't see in BHackmons anyway .-.), 'Raichi, 'Gross, and Skarm. That's all I can think of that would need SR when Kyu-B is Adamant...or you could always run Sacred Fire

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I feel like YoungKingPat 's weedle set is going to be a prominent force in BH as soon as ORAS come out. Its going to be a major counter to the new formes of Kyogre and Groudon, and I think it might need to be banned. This weedle set can adventure into ancient shrines, awakening the ancient evolutions of these pokemon. While it may be seen as a silent sweeper, It can easily get out of the cave / shrine / temple that it awakened Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre with Extremespeed, and fight them outside of their temples with its whip. He can easily analyze their new moves and formes, and soon sweep with power whip.

One thing I would change about this set is Lovely Kiss. I would change it to Fly (Remember how Weedle flew away from the temple in the first movie?) or a move that could let Weedle escape in case it is cornered with low HP. I'll definately use a set like this on my next BH team just to counter threats like this.

I feel like YoungKingPat 's weedle set is going to be a prominent force in BH as soon as ORAS come out. Its going to be a major counter to the new formes of Kyogre and Groudon, and I think it might need to be banned. This weedle set can adventure into ancient shrines, awakening the ancient evolutions of these pokemon. While it may be seen as a silent sweeper, It can easily get out of the cave / shrine / temple that it awakened Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre with Extremespeed, and fight them outside of their temples with its whip. He can easily analyze their new moves and formes, and soon sweep with power whip.

One thing I would change about this set is Lovely Kiss. I would change it to Fly (Remember how Weedle flew away from the temple in the first movie?) or a move that could let Weedle escape in case it is cornered with low HP. I'll definately use a set like this on my next BH team just to counter threats like this.
Quite the bump here Regi.

Anyway, in all seriousness, this was a really great guide. I still look at it sometimes for inspiration. Hopefully down the road we can all collaborate for a sixth-generation version. (However, it might not even be necessary because of the upcoming analyses.)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Quite the bump here Regi.

Anyway, in all seriousness, this was a really great guide. I still look at it sometimes for inspiration. Hopefully down the road we can all collaborate for a sixth-generation version. (However, it might not even be necessary because of the upcoming analyses.)
definately. Asterat's threatlist was good, and I feel like it was a close attempt to redo this for the gen 6 meta. We need another dedicated team (a few of them are still around that worked on this) to remake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)