1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by AHickey1995, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Fuzzball

Fuzzball

The worst thing I ever did was restart Yellow when I was very young. I didn't realize it would delete all my Pokemon... I cried all day!

In Sapphire I encountered my first shiny, a Roselia. I weakened it down to red and went to throw a ball, but it turns out I had none left. Ever since then I've basically carried 100+ Pokeballs on me at all times.
    Thugly Duckling and Yiggaman like this.
  2. Moneyminty

Moneyminty

Almost beat Yellow version from 3rd gym til Elite 4 in one day. Fell asleep feeling good, woke up and realized that I didnt save the game.
  3. Dododoggy

Dododoggy

While playing Pokemon Black I was doing homework and decided to take a break. So I randomly was encountering pokemon and then pressing run. What ended up happening was I found a shiny bouffalant but not knowing it was shiny at the time I ran. ._.
  4. Arhops

Arhops
    is a Pre-Contributor

I had something similar, at one point in Pokemon White I was multitasking while training, and I found a shiny boldore. I found this out about a year later when looking through the pokedex.

Shiny boldores look like:
    [​IMG]
    ;~;
    Dododoggy likes this.
  5. Cyberkirby

Cyberkirby

I always picked Bulbasaur as my starter while my labor ther chose Charmander. Please note I had a competitive mindset consisting of: "IMMA USE MY VENUSAUR AGAINST HIS CHARIZARD, AND IT'LL BE JUST LIKE IN THE GAME WHEN I BEAT GARY AND I WIN!" Needless to say, my poor Venusaur was always reduced to cinders. I WAS 6, OK?! I HAD NO CONCEPT OF TYPE ADVANTAGES.
    Thugly Duckling likes this.
  6. EtrianHero23

EtrianHero23

Trading away 5IV legendaries on GTS for "supposed" 5IV pokes who were total crap. GTS is bullshit....
    Why did I even do that????!!!!!!!
    Thugly Duckling and cinderkitteh like this.
  7. shaymin

shaymin p h o s p h o r i a ✧
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

The only thing that comes to mind is when I accidentally fainted a shiny Linoone back in Gen III because somehow in my mind, shiny pokemon were stronger than regular pokes and I wanted to see if I can get it low enough with a Blaze Kick from my Blaziken which was like 30 levels higher or something. >.>

Needless to say, after that day, then I understood that shiny pokes are no stronger than their unshiny counterparts.
    Thugly Duckling likes this.
  8. Prof. Almeida

Prof. Almeida

This year, VGC tourney. I had changed my team at two am on the tournament's day, and didn't have enough time to test, and had never used Mold Breaker before. I had Gyarados with two Dragon Dances up agains a sleeping Scizor and green energy Mega Mawile. I chose Mega Evo and e-quake at the same time as I switched Rotom-H into the game, in order to Overheat Scizor to death... Well... You can all imagine what happened and that I lost that game... And if I had won, I'd be in the Top Cut for the Semifinals. FML.
    cant say and Hulavuta like this.
  9. Captain Skywalker

Captain Skywalker formerly Captain Amurica

One time when I was a young kid I wasted my Master Ball in Pokemon Platinum on a Sudowoodo. It wasn't even shiny. Thankfully I didn't save after that but damn did I feel stupid
  10. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

Restarting my save on Pearl for a nuzlocke run that I never actually got around to doing, thus erasing my Emerald legendaries, my shiny Golem, my first-ever level 100...
  11. Christuphurr

Christuphurr

Threw a Master Ball at a lv.4 Rattata.
    Yeah. .3.

#LowLevels&MasterBallsAllDay
  12. Hootie

Hootie

I used the walk through walls and 100% pokedex hack at the same time with action replay on my pokemon diamond file. The save ended up getting corrupted and I had to erase my file (I had level 100 Dialga with Roar of Time ;_;)
  13. missingno 'm hunter

missingno 'm hunter

Ran out of pokeballs on a shiny golbat lvl.65
  14. missingno 'm hunter

missingno 'm hunter

Same here except it was my friends lvl.100 arceus but it wouldnt obey and got beat by a lvl.2 rattata
  15. missingno 'm hunter

missingno 'm hunter

Well ya shouldnt have done that because it makes the sparkling effect when appearing.
  16. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

Another mistake I regret: Purposely trading a Shiny Zoroark for a Blaze Torchic, because I forgot that I could just get one by breeding a Speed Boost one with something other than Ditto. I'm still kicking myself over that.
  17. Dallasboi1992

Dallasboi1992

This was just recent, but I was battling this one guy on Showdown. I led off with Landorus-T and he led off with his Thundurus-I. I saw that the Thundurus-I had Defiant after the Intimidate so I thought "Hurr de durr this is gonna be a physical Thundurus" WRONG. I get HP Iced and the battle goes downhill from there because of that massive brain lapse. I was on my "Buttfumble" alt and I definitely played like the New York Jets did in that game. That was a stupid play on my end and I should feel bad for it.
  18. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

So I just thought of a couple things I did.

One was when I was really young, my parents had company over and they had a kid my age who they introduced to me. I decided to start a new game in Pokemon Red to play with him, but not save so I could keep my completed file. Yeah, you can see where this is going. When we get called off to eat supper, I decide to save the game so we can come back to it after Supper... it's not until after I got back from supper that I realized I had saved over my game. My very first Pokemon file. I don't remember all the details (this was well over 10 years ago) but I know I didn't react well.

The other thing is more recent. When I started playing Pokemon competitively again in Generation V, weather wars were in full swing. I had already had some success with a rain team and had started to hear about people using trapping Pokemon to gain the edge in weather wars. So I decide to try a sand team out with Excadrill to sweep. For my trapper I chose... Gengar. Yeah, I know. I decided to attempt a mean-look, hypnosis dream-eater set. It worked about as well as you'd expect, dropped to the lowest I've ever been on the ladder (well below 1000). Now I had made this team knowing it probably wouldn't work, but the sad part was I was still proud of my absolutely useless Gengar set. I've learned a bit since then, but holy crap I can't believe I ever thought that was a good idea.
  19. DestinyGallade

DestinyGallade

you said about your red version before, either that or im having a motherload of de ja vu
  20. Dododoggy

Dododoggy

When I first got Pokemon Diamond kids at my school were saying that once you defeated 4 gyms you had to release every Pokemon in your PC and inventory to sacrifice to the Poke-Gods to get the "God Ball". Me being a dumb second grader I did this and later found out it was all a joke. Had to kiss goodbye my two boxes full of Bidoof and Starly and my entire over-leveled team.
    fleurdyleurse and Kingler12345 like this.
  21. unfixable

unfixable cola ☆彡♪
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

I started playing Pokemon ):
    JustAMan and Galladium like this.
  22. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

Another one: When I first got Emerald so long ago, I refused to believe that G3 and G2 weren't compatible, so I bought a bunch of worthless multiplatform link cables. Yeesh, I was stubborn... but DANG IT I WANTED MY DRAGONITE
  23. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I was getting sick of running into zubat and junk on my Heart Gold, so I sold all my Pokeballs for repels. When one of the repels ran out, I forgot to activate the other one and ran into a wild Pokemon disgruntling thinking it was another zubat. Turns out it was a shiny ponyta. I just sorta stared at the screen for a couple minutes before I turned off the game and put it away.
    Recreant and Hulavuta like this.
  24. ShinyRegice

ShinyRegice

I RNGed a 6IV31 male Stunfisk with Earth Power (learned by move tutoring) and Spark (egg move from Tynamo) in gen V to breed those moves to Barboach in gen VI. Then the day care man said "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon than each other." Plus I didn't even know that Stunfisk could learn Earth Power from Slugma line/Corsola so the blues shards I spent for move tutoring were wasted u____u

How Stunfisk can breed with something like Gardevoir or Trevenant or even Dragonite, but not with Barboach? This makes no sense, but that's Pokémon logic I guess. At least this Stunfisk was also RNGed for shininess and I planned to Wonder Trade it to make someone amazed.

Edit: I remember now that move tutoring Earth Power is the only way to get both EP + Spark on Stunfisk in gen V (because mothers don't pass egg moves this gen), but still.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  25. Air

Air

I have one from my childhood. I was around 8-9 years old at the time, and I Couldn't get my way through to spear pillar to catch dialga.I spent so much time there, I Hatched a Riolu, made it evolve, and got it to level 56. i Was so so dumb back then. The good side was I swept the hole game from then onwards, thank you mighty lucario.
    CTNC and lucariomaster2 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)