The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

Selling all my Hyper Potions to buy some herb which did the exact same and are about 2/3rds of the price. Then I realized that you sell items at half price as soon as I sold all my Hyper Potions. Thanks to that, I have no money on my Ruby file.

Once, my little brother played on my Emerald (keep in mind this was my first pokemon game and I played it for almost 200 hours...) and he started my game over... I was extremely angry at the time.

9-year old me playing Platinum, without any idea what an HM Slave was. I had Cut/Rock Climb/Rock Smash/Giga Drain when my Grotle evolved. I had the chance of learning Earthquake, but I didn't know how good it was, nor did I know Torterra was part-Ground. I didn't want to replace Giga Drain, and I couldn't replace any of the HMs, so I couldn't learn EQ.

Oh, and I used my Master Ball on a Chingling.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
1. Whitney's Gym, Pokemon Crystal--
Thought I would be totally unbeatable with my Gastly, and went in.

2. Did not have the concept of HM slave.
Evenly distributed HM's on my Pokemon.

Pokemon Crystal, when i met my 1st shiny ( that wasn't Gyarados ) it was an Onix. Shiny, greenish hue. This was before i met the Gyarados and i had no idea there was such a thing as shiny pokemon or how rare they were. I didnt hear the shiny animation or anything cuz the volume was down and i was like 8, so i didnt value it at all " it's just an onix, meh" :c

I killed it on sight. Thinking it was some glitch or something.

A shiny Voltorb selfdestructed on me once, in pokemon Emerald. I got so mad that i stopped playing pokemon for a week.

A critical capture does sometimes have a natural chance of failing - in fact, a critical capture is only guaranteed to succeed if and only if a non-critical capture would have been guaranteed anyway.

A critical capture's chance is the cube root of the normal chance, so what would normally be a 1/27 chance becomes 1/3, a 1/8 chance becomes 1/2, etc.
Source: http://www.dragonflycave.com/gen5capture.aspx

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
- played on my brother's crystal emulator account, fought suicune, master balled it, saved the game
- beat E4 on my crystal emulator account, then restarted to fight Falkner for fun, accidentally saved the game.

When I was younger, I wasted my Master Ball in 2 straight games; on Moltres in Leafgreen, and then on a Relicanth in Emerald (I had just seen one of the first episodes in the Advance anime, and it left me under the impression that the rarity of Relicanth was > than that of legendaries. Derp.)

I once bought some GBA pokemon games on amazon only to realize that they were fakes. Thankfully I didn't waste much money on the games so it could have been a lot worse. Now I always double check carts and try to buy in-store wherever possible.

When I was younger, I wasted my Master Ball in 2 straight games; on Moltres in Leafgreen, and then on a Relicanth in Emerald (I had just seen one of the first episodes in the Advance anime, and it left me under the impression that the rarity of Relicanth was > than that of legendaries. Derp.)
Don't beat yourself up over Moltres, I occasionally do that to save time (any legendary with access to status is hard to catch).

And I had a similar problem with a Skarmory in Sapphire. I bought the strategy guide, and saw that Skarmory was listed as "rare." So, my first and only impulse was to catch it on sight.

Two days ago I used two separate electric moves on a wild Zebstrika with Lightningrod. Somewhat mitigated by the fact that that Zebstrika had all physical moves, and by the fact that I eventually caught it.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Once, I had changed my commands in Leafgreen (Made the 'L' button act the same way as the 'A' button; don't ask me why I did it ,_,). About five minutes later, my brother and I decided to delete our games at the same time so we can play together, but I really wasn't going to start over. However, after we counted down, I clicked the 'L' button, completely forgetting I had it act as the 'A' button (derp -3-), thus deleting my game. Turns out, he didn't want to delete his game either, so he basically rubbed it in to my face. Fantastic. :<

A lot of misclicks and just stupid shit but...

The fact that I have been playing Pokemon for 14 years of my life,and not once running into a shiny in the wild...I think that is rather face palm worthy for me...I must be doing something wrong because I am long overdo for one.
Getting a shiny is pure luck, so you aren't doing anything wrong. Stuff like the Pokéradar/Masuda method can speed the process up if you're interested in that. :)

When playing XD: Gale of Darkness and grinding on Mt. Battle, I could sweep all the opponents... until one of them brought a Shedinja. I knew nothing about abilities at the time, so Sheddy was like this god mon, and it walled my whole team. When I changed my whole team and brought stronger Pokémon with me, it was the same, until I realized Drill Peck KOed it somehow; the problem was that by the time it was dead, my team was so worn down that I still couldn't beat him!

Also, I used a Master Ball on Dialga. Suffice to say I got a taste in catching Giratina the hard way.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Pokemon Sapphire. Used Master Ball on Baltoy because I didn't have anything else. Several days later, I found out about Latias's running habits.

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)