The Most Threatening Pokemon in DP (OU)

Who's the most Threatening Pokemon in DP? (OU)

• Gengar

Votes: 23 5.8%
  • Gyarados

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • Heracross

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Tyranitar

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • Salamence

Votes: 77 19.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Infernape

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Garchomp

Votes: 109 27.7%
  • Weavile

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 28 7.1%

• Total voters

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I voted Salamence, because it is so damn versatile and NOTHING can actually switch in properly on MixMence without losing a huge chunk of health. Just make sure you have a spinner, and Jirachi helps it alot with Wish + U-Turn. Second would be Tyranitar, especially the DDance set as common physical walls such as Gliscor, Weezing and Cresselia are easily 2HKOed (at the least) by it, and with DD + Taunt it lols completely at status. With a set like Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Crunch/Stone Edge (Life Orb), only Swampert can switch in on it reliably without risk of being KOed. Only thing that kept it away from the number one spot was low speed.

Tyranitar. Beautiful base stats, with the only lacking one being speed, easily balanced (and further) by the amazing defenses, and ability to DD up. It's Sandstream ability can also screw teams (or over-centralize the metagame...), and the Screech set is evil.

Oh, and if you ever get any rebellious ideas about "countering" this beast, T-tar packs Ice Beam for Hippowdon, Fire Blast for Heracross and Breloom, Dark Pulse for other physical walls, and has 101 bulky subs.

Two other things I could've picked, though; Heracross can kill even Hippowdon. In accordance with Murphy's law, whenever you riskily predict it to hold a CB, it's got a Scarf.

I don't think that Infernape is out-of-this-metagame broken, but it is amazing, killing both special and physical walls (barring Cresselia), even with the base stat limitations of a starter. It forces so many switches that NPing up is easy. It's only limitations are the inability to counter Gyarados and the dragons, but even that can be done with the respective set, so some scouting must be done before countering can.

Weavile is far from broken, though. Maybe it's just me, but it's not all that threatening. My Gardevoir actually beat one. :P

The stuff Weavile picks off are very specific. It's mostly fragile ghosts/psychics and the nasty dragons. AA for heracross, BB for t-tar. Otherwise, it's not very scary. Even lanturn has beaten it 1v1 for me, for whatever that's worth.

I voted Garchomp, because you can be totally prepared for it, and then watch your ice beam/shard miss and... you lost? Dang. T-tar in 2nd for versatility and sand stream, salamence for being able to use both physical and special moves very nicely.

Tyranitar. Beautiful base stats, with the only lacking one being speed, easily balanced (and further) by the amazing defenses, and ability to DD up. It's Sandstream ability can also screw teams (or over-centralize the metagame...), and the Screech set is evil.

Oh, and if you ever get any rebellious ideas about "countering" this beast, T-tar packs Ice Beam for Hippowdon, Fire Blast for Heracross and Breloom, Dark Pulse for other physical walls, and has 101 bulky subs.

Two other things I could've picked, though; Heracross can kill even Hippowdon. In accordance with Murphy's law, whenever you riskily predict it to hold a CB, it's got a Scarf.

I don't think that Infernape is out-of-this-metagame broken, but it is amazing, killing both special and physical walls (barring Cresselia), even with the base stat limitations of a starter. It forces so many switches that NPing up is easy. It's only limitations are the inability to counter Gyarados and the dragons, but even that can be done with the respective set, so some scouting must be done before countering can.

Weavile is far from broken, though. Maybe it's just me, but it's not all that threatening. My Gardevoir actually beat one. :P
I also feel Weavile is very overrated, as it is walled by steels, a type you generally don't want to get walled by. Also, Ape learns T-Punch, Stone Edge for Salamence, and Garchomp gets 2hko'd by close combat, meaning it can't switch in without being scarfed.

Also, I guess people feel Garchomp is extremely threatening, because every time I battle now, I notice that my opponent has 4 Garchomp counters. This though, makes him less threatening, because so many ppl are heavily protected against Garchomp now. Idk if this constitutes being extremely threatening or not threatening anymore. Either way, I still feel Infernape is the most threatening.

Well i think Garchomp is less versitile than Salamence when it comes to his movepool and stats, but there is something to be said for a pokemon who can take his counters and flip them on their hind ends with very little team support.

you really cant afford to guess wrong when your figuring out what set he has and it could definitly cost you your wall if your not careful.

I voted salamence. seriously, before you know what set it is, it has no counter (I forgot who said that first lol, but its true). the specs set, the dd set, the various mixed sets, the cb set, even the mixed scarf set (I made that one). it can hit you like a train on both sides of the spectrum with little set up. and it's ten times more threatening than garchomp.

I hate to say that Garchomp is the most threatening pokemon in DP because they are very predictable because almost all of them are scarfed. Unfortunately, its excellent defenses(108/95/85), a variety of resistances, a powerhouse movepool, Thunderwave Immunity(Lol Togekiss), Stealth Rock Resistance, and offensive stats of 130/80/102 make it so overpowered it can still overtake teams that have one or even two counters.

^ Ultimifier, Salamence is still very good. In fact, I think it packs the highest Attack in the OU Tier, or at least one of the highest. The only reason Chomp is used over it is because of that +2 base speed extra, as well as a STAB'ed EQ.

Salamence is still very usable, as it makes very good mixed sets. I personally did not vote for Salamence, but for Garchomp, as Garchomp's clear value over Salamence is obvious. His higher speed and his good typing make it that way.

But I can see why people voted Salamence. Salamence is still very good. Give it a +Speed Nature, and a Scarf and you'll surprise people.
Rhyperior says hi

I voted for salamence, I always end up losing a pokemon to it, you never know what set it's running until it attacks.

I also feel Weavile is very overrated, as it is walled by steels, a type you generally don't want to get walled by. Also, Ape learns T-Punch, Stone Edge for Salamence, and Garchomp gets 2hko'd by close combat, meaning it can't switch in without being scarfed.
The reason weavile is scary is because it is a revenge killer. It is superior to even dugtrio in this department, as switching out is not an option due to STAB pursuit. Weavile can sweep when necessary, but it is at its heart a revenge killer.

That being said, Weavile has craptastic defenses that will let it take 2 luvdisk tackles before dying. Good luck getting that thing to survive

as for biggest threat in OU, its a combo of Heracross and Specsmence. Specsmence gets out, they try to save their team from getting destroyed by Draco Meteor by sending out Blissey or Empoleon, then hera comes out and owns them with Close Combat if they don't switch. you result in a big switch war, which is every single one of my battles.:justin:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Breloom yet. I am unsure if I would consider Breloom the most threatening in OU, but it is a Pogey that becomes almost top priority to remove, otherwise you risk losing to Leech Seed on your walls and Focus Punch for everything else.

Out of the list that was posted, Garchomp and Infernape in my opinion win the list. Garchomp has three to four very effective sets, and is capable of doing severe damage to most of it's so called "counters" with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. Infernape literally destroys anything not faster than itself, wall or not, and is the sole reason I think about running Dugtrio on every team I use.

T-tar packs Ice Beam for Hippowdon, Fire Blast for Heracross and Breloom, Dark Pulse for other physical walls, and has 101 bulky subs.
Yes, just not all at once.

Salamence, on the other hand, is an absolute beast. It has awesome stats, a great movepool and several options to boot. You never know what type it is until you lose over 75% of your health, which makes it so hard to counter.

I voted for Salamence as well. I mean, both Salamence and Garchomp are very threatening, but Salamence can hit hard with an effective Special, Physical, or Mixed set.

I voted fror Garchomp, because it has a good offensive typing(Ground/Dragon) as well as an extremely high attack which it can raise to sick levels in one turn(DDers need two). Its speed is high enough to outrun even Base 115's if they aren't running a Speed boosting nature, and if you think Ice attacks will save you, think again. In sandstream, your attacks can miss continously while it simply Earthquakes your whole team to pieces and even if you send in a floating Steel type to take both EQ and Dragon Claw/Outrage, you get hit by a Fire Blast. And it even has Draco Meteor hit non-Steel physical walls with.

It's hard to choose, but my vote goes to Tyranitar. You guys now what he can do. Even with all the new Fight attacks, his awesome stats combined with that fucking huge movepool and sandstorm boost makes him very scary. And now almost everyone I face packs Ice Beam, so things like Hippowdon and Gliscor aren't that good counters anymore.

I would say that Mismagius and Raikou deserve spots. The CM variants are very strong, and Mismagius takes out Cressy, Tran, and Bliss...no problems...with a Sub up, and OHKOing with 3+ CM, what else do you need?

OHKO isnt on the walls it is on junk like Hera, Weavile, TTar

I think weavile needs to be replaced with Breloom or starmie.Weavile isn't that threatening really.

To answer the question it's tyranitar or garchomp.Tyranitar apart from being an offensive monster and a huge movepool also has awsome defense to back it up.Scarf chomp and cb chomp are also very strong but for me the scariest one is the LO swords dance outrage set.I remember my garchomp 2hkod a forretress with a swords danced outrage.Also one important miss due to sand viel means gg for me.

Yes, just not all at once.

Salamence, on the other hand, is an absolute beast. It has awesome stats, a great movepool and several options to boot. You never know what type it is until you lose over 75% of your health, which makes it so hard to counter.
you're telling someone that even though tar has tons of options, it can't use them all at once.... and you go on to say that mence has many types of sets which makes it dangerous when it first comes out since you dont know what type it is? aren't you argueing againt your own point?

Tar is still the most threatening. Sandstream is probably the best OU trait, and imo it sees more variation in sets than mence in OU.

Right now I would say Lucario, It has many resistances, and is really unpredictable, and even when you know it's set you have to out predict it!
It can also hit on both sides of the spectrum.
Also no love for Dragonite? D:

i hate breloom but i despise tyranitar it takes so much to brake his subs and it can go either way in physical or special terms.and sandstream only helps it.

Salamence, like everyone has said, is deadly when you don't know which side of the spectrum it's hitting at. But make a wrong move against Garchomp and you could potentially get swept.

I voted for Ttar, it just kills stuff and has several awesome sets to use, DD/choice item smacks most things short of Gliscor while Boah is a complete pain in the ass to get rid of if it gets a sub up, if you predict wrongly which set it is you can be in a world of pain.

Although Chomp and Gyarados come close in my books, Sand Veil just makes Chomp a complete pain in the ass(trying to kill it with an Ice Fang Hippowdon is a complete pain in the ass and usually results in a dead/crippled hippo), Gyarados is a personal thing, it's incredibly nasty if they save it until late game where your counters might not be in good enough shape to get rid of it.

My vote Garchomp, he isalone a good enought reason to always pack atleast one steel Pokemon on your team. I also hate it when i expect a Scarfchomp just to se a sub going up on the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)