The Motley Crew of Uber Strong Pokemon

I read up on the Uber metagame, and made a team.

Parasect is Uber strong.

Not only that, but not many expect him to be in an Ubers team. He absorbs Kyogre's Water attacks and fights back with Seed Bombs. His typing and low Speed may not make him the best of Ubers, but he has an awesome niche there.

Gen. Empoleon's UberSect was what I worked with, as he told me of that analysis when I wanted to make an Ubers team with only NU Pokemon. He did a good job there, so I figured he'd do handsomely in Ubers with Uber Pokemon to help him out.

Parasect seems to lure a lot of Fire-type attacks. As such, Heatran promotes excellent synergy with Parasect, as Flash Fire makes his attacks much stronger. In addition, if I use Heatran before Parasect, Heatran makes good Kyogre bait. Then I just switch over to Parasect for Parasexiness.

F / W / G core complete. I initially used Palkia, but Kyogre seemed more appropriate in terms of synergy and the fact that permanent rain from my opponent is not always guaranteed.

"Hmm... what would make a good Lead?" My answer was Darkrai. The Trick-or-Treat set was very iffy at times, so I simply changed it to SubSalac.

Actually, I found a better Lead in Deoxys-A. Darkrai at least gets to stay with SubSalac.

For my 6th Pokemon, my initial choice was a Garchomp who I'd name Cynthia. However, Garchomp proved to be somewhat unhelpful. Maybe it's my playing style. Anyway, Rayquaza gets to clear Groudon's skies and burninate him.

Good news, everyone! I found a better Lead than Deoxys-A. It's bulky, it has Gyro Ball, doesn't worry about Speed, and laughs at Skymin with Rock Slide, too. Note also the fun fact of only one true weakness. For Ubers, Ground-type attacks are far more common, thus Levitate over Heatproof. In any case, I've also found a secondary answer to physical attackers in Giratina, to replace that Heatran, as Bronzong surprisingly happens to be good Kyogre bait when it's come and manhandled two of my opponent's mons with Confusion and Poison. No one brings Breloom to Ubers, at least not yet, so I'm in the clear with Toxifusion.

Bronzong is also Uber strong. I've seriously been complimented on my Lead from time to time.

THE TEAM

Robo-Ky (Bronzong) @ Leftovers [EV Spread: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef] [IV: 0 Speed]
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Careful
Moveset:
1. Gyro Ball [Steel]
2. Confuse Ray [Ghost]
3. Stealth Rock [Rock]
4. Rock Slide [Rock]

Reasons behind Movepool:
1. Everything in Ubers is bound to be faster than Bronzong. As such, Gyro Balls will net KO's, especually with 0 Speed IVs.

2. Confusion = switch-ins. Or at least humorous affliction set-up.

3. Stealth Rock to take advantage of switch-ins and maybe net an OHKO with Gyro Ball if possible.

4. Rock Slide is good against Skymin and breaks its Substitutes easily.

Quick Stop (Darkrai) @ Salac Berry [EV Spread: 4 HP, 252 Spe, 252 Sp.Atk.]
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Modest
Movepool:
1. Dark Void [Dark]
2. Substitute [Normal]
3. Nasty Plot [Dark]
4. Dark Pulse [Dark]

Reasons behind Movepool:

1. Dark Void at least makes a good secondary Sleeper move, despite Spore being much more accurate and running two Sleep moves to be redundant. But Darkrai needs all the set-up he can get as SubSalac, so this over Ice Beam.

2. SubSalac without Substitute is just Salac.

3. Nasty Plot gives +2 Sp.Atk. boosts that are often needed behind a Substitute.

4. Dark Pulse so I'm not Taunt bait and I can take advantage of the Nasty Plot boosts.

Trogdor (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb [EV Spread: 40 Atk, 216 Spe, 252 SpAtk]
Ability: Air Lock
Nature: Hasty
Movepool:
1. Draco Meteor [Dragon]
2. ExtremeSpeed [Normal]
3. Fire Blast [Fire]
4. Outrage [Dragon]

Reasons behind Movepool:

1 & 4. Both are STAB and with MixQuaza as the set they both prove useful to slaughter all.

2. ExtremeSpeed for priority.

3. Fire Blast gets people burned and can defeat Groudon with ease.

Anchorman (Kyogre) @ Expert Belt [EV Spread: 4 HP, 252 Spe, 252 Sp. Atk.]
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Timid
Movepool:
1. Calm Mind (Psychic)
2. Surf (Water)
3. Thunder (Electric)
4. Ice Beam (Ice)

Reasons behind Movepool:
1. I expect people to switch out of their current Pokemon, so I at least get one Calm Mind to help set-up.

2. Surf is STAB and has more PP than Water Spout.

3. Thunder hits other Kyogre hard, and also Manaphy.

4. Ice Beam gets Dragons and Skymin.

Zero (Parasect) @ Leftovers / Brightpowder [EV Spread: 80 HP, 252 Atk, 176 Def]
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Adamant
Movepool:
1. Protect [Normal] / Light Screen [Psychic]
2. Spore [Grass]
3. Seed Bomb [Grass]
4. X-Scissor [Bug]

Reasons behind Movepool:
1. Protect helps scout, while Light Screen gives Parasect support niches for the team.

2. Spore is the 100% Sleep move that made Parasect Mewtwo's worst nightmare since Generation 1.

3. Seed Bomb is for Kyogres and some switch-ins (Garchomp, Palkia)

4. X-Scissor OHKOs Darkrai and Latios, while 2HKOing Mewtwo. <3

Omegalisk (Giratina) @ Leftovers [EV Spread: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def]
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
Movepool:
1. Mud Slap [Ground]
2. Shadow Ball [Ghost]
3. Toxic [Poison]
4. Will-o-Wisp [Fire]

Reason behind Movepool:
1. Mud Slap takes care of Steel-types like Dialga, and also lowers the accuracy of any non-Lugia Pokemon. Not like Lugia is a good switch-in to Giratina, though.

2. While I'd use Pain Split for recovery, I feel that Giratina should still retain some offense.

3. Toxic for the affliction aspect.

4. Will-o-Wisp burns physical attackers, also sterilizing them.

EDIT 0.5: Darkrai's Dark Void is replaced with Ice Beam because of 100% accurate Sleep from UberSect.

EDIT 1: Replaced Deoxys-A with Bronzong and Heatran with Giratina (respectively). Heatran just wasn't cutting it and Deoxys-A is a suicide Lead. I remembered that suicide Leads aren't all that fun to play with, and Deoxys-A wasn't always that good (especially when it's so frail). I'll stick with Bronzong as a Lead for now.

EDIT 1.5: Changed Toxic to Stealth Rock on Bronzong. Also, Darkrai has Dark Void back as UberSect isn't always on the field being Uber strong.

Try Stun Spore on Parasect over the Protect slot. You'll find after sleeping something you get more mileage with it, because after that Parasect is honestly mostly useless.

I think he posted this on accident.

Or maybe he was so eager for rates he decided to let us take the initiative and rate 2/3 of it?

So what is your game plan for Groudon, Garchomp, and just about anything else physical? Why are you using dark pulse + Ice Beam??? They have terrible coverage (Walled by any steel bar Dialga) and give you no way of getting passed scizor. Ever.

You really need to consider ditching parasect (He is complete dead weight on any team) and potentially Darkrai. Both of your sweepers are walled by blissey, and you lack any way of reliably beating her, so a Mixed Palkia would fit quite well (And would give you a much more reliable switch into Kyogre).

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Hasty 4HP/ 252SpA/ 252Spe

Spacial Rend/ Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunder
Outrage/*Aqua tail

* Only consider it is you are really confident you can ALWAYS have rain up or you will miss your one shot to KO blissey.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You're running a darkrai without sleep, a heatran without dragon pulse... a fucking parasect... a subsalac Darkrai, an expert belt kyogre... Do you see something wrong with this picture??? Ditch parasect for that palkia set listed above. Darkrai needs a moveset of void/pulse/focus blast/nasty plot@life orb. Drop hp fighting for dragon pulse on heatran and give it leftovers. Give Kyogre a scarf and drop calm mind for water spout. You lack an electric resist now... Try a groudon lead out, it can lay rocks and lets you change the weather. Phew, that's a lot. Someone else fix his team now.

Parasect for palk gives a more reliable switch in. Darkrai's set is the best set it can run pretty much. Your dragon resist needs to be able to hit dragons hard, and leftovers adds bulk. Scarftran is an incredibly slow scarfer in ubers too, it's never catching any boosters. You have two boosting special sweepers with darkrai and kyogre, so putting a scarf on kyogre makes perfect sense. Groudon is simply an electric resist shoved in, something else could work (a dialga may fit in somewhere).

Darkrai loses half its value without dark void, I suggest you scrap it for another sweeper -- like Latios.

Gen. Empoleon is not amused.

Heatran + kyogre = fail. Use something like jirachi or scizor instead. Darkrai NEEDS dark void for its wallbreaking ability so either take out ice beam or substitute and put in DV and focus blast. Over seed bomb, run aromatherapy/stun spore on parasect for support as its damage is fail. Go sub cm kyogre instead of you current one for better survivability and wallbreaking ability.

So what is your game plan for Groudon, Garchomp, and just about anything else physical? Why are you using dark pulse + Ice Beam??? They have terrible coverage (Walled by any steel bar Dialga) and give you no way of getting passed scizor. Ever.
Game plan for physical attackers; use ES MixQuaza on them.

And Scizor's not making it through MixQuaza's Fire Blast. Just sayin'.

I don't know what set is commonly used in Ubers, but...

Adamant 56 EVs in Attack CB Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / Def Neutral Rayquaza:96.6% - 114% - And I'm sure other variations just up the Attack EVs...

Just sayin'.

Generally I switch into Scizor whenever it's Choice Locked into a different attack.

I also have a Giratina now, and a Bronzong Lead.

Why does Giratina have Mud Slap over Earth Power or Earthquake, if that's how you roll because you don't have any EVs on it...

Your Bronzorg lead doesn't do too well against common Uber leads, namly Dialga and Deo's carrying Taunt. It also doesn't have Stealth Rocks, so what's the point of it at lead form? Maybe replace it with a Lead Dialga? Or make your lead, and use a Dialga as a primary Mixed Sweeper as well as providing SR support.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 42 Atk / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast

Dialga @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

I don't want to change your team too much because I am clueless to the current Uber metagame, but I'm pretty sure Paras would handle poorly. Even a Jumpluff is far more viable in its place. But I wouldn't recommend that without a Groundon of your own.

The lack of a Choice Scarf revenge killer is scary enough as it is. I'm pretty sure someone already suggested this, but;

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

I may not Uber much, but I'm almost positive that every Ubers team needs something to switch into Kyogre's Water Spouts - If you do opt to remove Paras, as it isn't even a reliable switch. Scarf Palkia handles your Kyogre problem, and can be used to revenge kill very fast Pokemon like Mewtwo and Darkrai.

May I suggest a Scarf or Specs Kyogre > your current variant. Just because by the looks of things ParaDancing Groundon has a field day with this team. Or even a Sleep Talk variant is viable.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Actually, if you're opting to use Parasect, not exactly sure why, you must be trolling or something, but I would suppose Kyogre should stick around for a while, to force out common set up threats, while also possessing longevity giving Parasect of its own some longevity. Maybe this is more of your taste.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP/244 Def/24 Spd
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Not sure...

Actually, I'd suggest a Dual Powder Parasect. Because let's face it, the current set isn't doing much. May as well have it ruin some sweepers day with either Sleeping them, or Paralysing them. Because let's face it, if I saw a Parasect outside of NU I'd send out a beastly sweeper to force him out and grant me a free turn to SD or CM up, Protect only helps this.

Parasect @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 96 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Spore
~ Stun Spore
~ Seed Bomb
~ X-Scissor / Knock Off

Hmm, that's all I have to comment on. Good luck ;D
You're going to need it.

The last time I heard anything from Gen. Empoleon about Ubers Parasect was that it was through because if that Kyogre wasn't Choice-locked or you mispredicted you were going to get absolutely destroyed by Ice Beam. His old Project Uber thread(that got locked because of people proposing horrible sets without testing) also lists Parasect as "failure" and that the time of Parasect is over. Did you talk to him recently about it or what?

Also, your team as currently constituted has no Stealth Rock or entry hazards of any kind. You use things like Confuse Ray and Spore which force switches but your opponent doesn't pay for switching. You also have no way of stopping opposing leads from setting up at least Stealth Rock. Replace Bronzong with something like Groudon as nails suggested.

The last time I heard anything from Gen. Empoleon about Ubers Parasect was that it was through because if that Kyogre wasn't Choice-locked or you mispredicted you were going to get absolutely destroyed by Ice Beam. His old Project Uber thread(that got locked because of people proposing horrible sets without testing) also lists Parasect as "failure" and that the time of Parasect is over. Did you talk to him recently about it or what?

Also, your team as currently constituted has no Stealth Rock or entry hazards of any kind. You use things like Confuse Ray and Spore which force switches but your opponent doesn't pay for switching. You also have no way of stopping opposing leads from setting up at least Stealth Rock. Replace Bronzong with something like Groudon as nails suggested.
Actually I was enthusiastic about proving that some NU Pokemon could do well in Ubers (ex. Stockpile Gastrodon), and that people really ought to use them. Did you know that Bastiodon makes a good Metal Burster, and therefore could do better than Wobbs as it doesn't need nearly as much prediction? Well, I didn't until I noticed that he and Aggron of UU are the only Metal Bursters. Period. Except for maybe Smeargle, but he's OU.

Gen. Empoleon intro'd me to the UberSect analysis he once made, but claimed Jibaku removed it for some reason. *shrug*

He actually said UberSect was Uber strong, and I went with Parasect with some marginal success. With DrizzleToad, I expect Parasect to be OU/UU strong, too.

Actually I was enthusiastic about proving that some NU Pokemon could do well in Ubers
I think that THIS shows all the problems with this team. ._.'' Even if this was your goal you could've used an NU with a somewhat viable performance in Ubers, like Quagsire. Or something. :f

Well, I didn't until I noticed that he and Aggron of UU are the only Metal Bursters.
Technically Bastiodon has it too... but thats beside the point
1st off, your Bronzong is shut down by the extrtemely common Deoxys-S lead, who just taunts you into oblivion. Trick Scarfers like Darkrai and some Deoxys-S also ruin you. You can't do significant damage to Dialga, Groudon or Kyogre, and they set-up in your face. So replace Bronzong...

Use Lum Berry on Kyogre (So no chance of parahax when trading Thunders with Palkia or Latias and allows you to own Darkrai trying to stop your sweep) or Leftovers to increase survivability. Lum>Lefties IMO. You don't need Expert Belt since you wont be missing out on any key OHKOs or 2HKOs without a power boost (Except +1CM Manaphy).

Hmph, I don't run into Trick Darkrai much. I have run Trickrai myself, so I would know if I saw it.

Otherwise, all Bronzong has to do against Deoxys-S is 2HKO it with Gyro Ball. Or Confuse Ray the possible switch-in if it isn't Taunted. Lol.

Hmph, I don't run into Trick Darkrai much. I have run Trickrai myself, so I would know if I saw it.

Otherwise, all Bronzong has to do against Deoxys-S is 2HKO it with Gyro Ball. Or Confuse Ray the possible switch-in if it isn't Taunted. Lol.
You have no way of "Knowing it when you see it", at least not before it makes a telltale move.

Bronzong is a good poke to use in ubers if you know what to do with him, but seeing as how you have confuse ray and rock slide.... you don't. Get him the hell out of the lead slot because the only lead you beat is groudon, though he can still set up on you without much fear. (You loose to Deo-S/D/A, Dialga, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Darkrai, Forre, and just about everything else.) Go with this :

Bronzong @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def

Stealth Rock
HP [Ice]
Reflect/Light Screen/ Hypnosis
Explosion/Gyro Ball

I have no idea why you would use rock slide, HP [ Ice] hits almost everything RS would harder, and lets you check Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Skymin much more effectively, and it is also 100% accurate. Screens are always nice and will be much better for set up then silly confuse ray, and hypnosis can be annoying for something if you want it, though you may screw up sleep clause for darkrai. Lastly explosion lets you do something with your life, while gyro ball is just a STAB.

Why does your Giratina have Mud Slap? I seriously need to hear this. XD

Also, lead Zong should have Explosion. And not bad moves like Confuse Ray. Rock Slide is useless too, can't you just use Gyro Ball on Skymin (which was your reasoning for Rock Slide), as it's going to be strong as tits anyway due to the huge speed difference?

Why does your Giratina have Mud Slap? I seriously need to hear this. XD

Also, lead Zong should have Explosion. And not bad moves like Confuse Ray. Rock Slide is useless too, can't you just use Gyro Ball on Skymin (which was your reasoning for Rock Slide), as it's going to be strong as tits anyway due to the huge speed difference?
Eh, don't worry. I changed the movepool to include Earth Power, since no physical sweeper is going to stay on Giratina with that Bold there.

Cool idea trying to use Parasect in Ubers, but you're clearly quite inexperienced at Ubers, so your team could actually use a bit of work.

Firstly, Bronzong's job is to tank mainly Outrages and Wall Groudon based on your EV Spread. I don't think you're best off using a careful nature. Use a bold Nature and reallocate some EVs from Def to SpD. That way, you'll get more points. Still, I won't suggest an EV spread, but Sufficient attack to abuse that Gyro Ball and Enough Def to take +2 Outrages from Rayquaza, with enough bulk to take Specs DMs would seem most desirable.

Bronzong is far more likely to be taunted in the lead slot, so gimmicky options like Confuse Ray are quite a bit inferior. Also, I fail to see your contingency plan for Deo-S, since even a layer of SR and Spikes should be avoidable if possible. IMO, Don't lead with Bronzong and change the moveset to this;

- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen/ Reflect
- Explosion (mainly for Emergencies since Rock Slide is a pretty poor choice)

Instead, you should lead mixed Giratina-O with HP Fire and Shadow Sneak. DM brings Deo down to its sash, and with Shadow Sneak, Deo gets only a single layer of hazards, and occasionally, you can stop Screens going up if you predict properly (DM if you expect reflect, Shadow Sneak otherwise).

Run the Standard Darkrai, fit is actually better than that gimmick. Choice is yours between Sub or Focus Blast, but I think Darkrai will work best on this team as a late game sweeper.

Make Kyogre either Scarf or Specs, because CM is a little slow and you need a powerful wallbreaker without resorting to locking Ray into Outrage. All Cm really does is beat Palkia, which is granted, pretty cool, but you're still quite vulnerable to Thunder Hax.

Rayquaza is fine. Consider speed creeping a bit though. Outrage still hits convincingly hard with no investment, but if you find you ned ES, keep the 40 Atk.

In the last slot, you'll need something that doesn't rollover and die to Kyogre. I vote for Scarf Palkia (unless you have Scarf Kyogre), since it'll give you a solid revenge killer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)