The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...why can't Diaw play like that all the time? Hell, we wouldn't be in such a hole if he was always fired up like that...Bell and Barbosa also had great games as well.

Sadly, even though the odds are still pretty stacked against the Suns (hell, if they'd won at least 1 previous game, it'd be 2-2 now), at least they showed they're going to go down swinging at least.

turkoglu wins most improved, not really that suprising. What is really suprising is that SHAQUILLE O'NEAL got a 2nd place vote for MIP by some random person who voted. LOL

Denver does not deserve to even be in the playoffs after Saturday's performance... Wish my warriors were there instead.

lol... so the chance for the hawks to be this years warriors is still on the table?

im loving it :)

oh and hell yeah go lakers. theyll complete the only sweep in the first round.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And the hawks win it!

YESSSSSSSSSS!

*hi-fives unceunce* I'm a huge Atlanta fan; I was going out of my MIND tonight.

Josh Smith went to my high school too, which gives me even more reason to love the guy. 25 pts 7 blocks, let's see Smith for defensive player of the year next year!

Yes Philadelphia/Atlanta East Finals go! Maybe not. I hope Philadelphia can win the next one! And congrats to the Magic for advancing, Dwight was just monstrous in the series (three 20-20 games!).

I think the nuggets got cheated in the fourth game. There were too many phantom calls in the fourth quarter. I think the refs just wanted to hurry up and get the series over. Well the lakers were gonna win the series anyways but still.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I knew Atlanta was good enough to get 2 games, though they still won't win the series.

The Pistons and Wizards are making the exact same mistakes they made last year. My predictions were based on them NOT doing so.

wtf suns? wtf?

Eh, it turns out the Mavs can't guard Paul after all.

Lakesweep was on the money.

Heads are going to roll this offseason.

Out of the 16 playoff teams, about 5 are getting blown up (Mavs, Suns, Pistons, Nuggets, Wizards) with a lot of trades and new coaches.

Atlanta have done well to be able to tie the series, but I can't really see them winning it, particulally as 2 of the last 3 games are at boston, and the celts have a great home record.

ATL has got to keep the game moving too. They play best in the open court, or the very least with the ball moving often and quickly. Still, the odds are definitely against them for winning the series. I really hope they do though, I'm sort of irritated by Boston. They are a bit overrated...and KG's uber-machismo seemed inappropriate last night.

Thank heaven the LAL-DEN series ended so quickly. It was embarrassing to watch and Denver definitely didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Eesh.

Here's hoping for LAL-SAS WC final so I can catch a Spurs playoff game at the Staples center!

well I wont be able to watch Houston and Jazz game because I dont have NBA TV.. DAMNIT.

does NBA do radio broadcasts? I know I've listened to NFL games on the radio when I wasn't able to watch the Cowboys so I'm guessing so..

DFA: I'm not a big fan of Shaq's game, but PHX-LAL would definitely be fun to watch. Amare's irritating but the boy can dunk. PHX-LAL would probably just be one long highlight reel of shots and dunks. Hard to argue with that. I'm looking forward to LAL-UTH, though. Utah has noone to guard Kobe, and the Lakers will probably have to use Kobe to guard Deron Williams. Should be fun!

I thought you guys might find this amusing, especially ATL fans:

Bill Simmons: (2:22 PM ET ) "this series makes no sense. i was at both home games, and i'm still trying to process it. for instance, you know how teams gather in a circle before tip-off and hype themselves up around one guy yelling in the middle, be it 'sheed, kg, shaq, the bulls' "what time is it" chant, etc.? it's a storied tradition. so on saturday night i look down and see the hawks doing the same, and i'm feeling good ... only then i suddenly realize the guy in the middle is harry the hawk, going berserk and presumably yelling muffled profanities through his enormous beak. it was horrifying - i think i may have dropped my beer in slow-mo. at that point i would have laid down a million dollars on us getting swept. and then we reel off two of the most inspired playoff wins in team history. it's crazy."

Harry's got that juju. I say keep him dancing!

Oh...for broadcasts it's usually only local. Maybe ESPN radio? I think they have one...I remember hearing Jim Rome on it, anyhow.

Yah. The Jazz are physical, play defense, great picknrolls, have a LEGIT point guard in Deron that can break down a defense and dish. They play great team ball but they don't got anybody to contain Kobe and I don't see them beating the lakers 4 out of 7. Plus the Lakers rolled into a full healthy Utah team and ended their 19 or so game home winning steak without Pau. Lakers in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)