The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. Lakers in 6. Kobe gets to run wild and Gasol should be able to hold out long enough against Boozer. Deron will have to play at a level higher than how he played during last year's playoffs to even have a chance of winning.

If Utah had homecourt advantage, though...who knows what would happen?

The last Lakers/Denver game was good, Denver gave it all they got and played with a lot of effort. Sadly they still lost, but I enjoyed their effort. I really hope they get better next season, and that they can stay healthy.

Lakers/Utah (assuming they win) will be very interesting. They won't be able to double Kobe like they have done with T-Mac, so it will be much harder for the Jazz. However, Utah has a lot of bodies to put on Kobe, from Ronnie Brewer's quick hands to Harpring's strength to Kirilenko's length, so he will definitely have a much tougher time against the Jazz.

New Orleans leads by 15 in the break! Poor Dallas =(

The last Lakers/Denver game was good, Denver gave it all they got and played with a lot of effort. Sadly they still lost, but I enjoyed their effort. I really hope they get better next season, and that they can stay healthy.

Lakers/Utah (assuming they win) will be very interesting. They won't be able to double Kobe like they have done with T-Mac, so it will be much harder for the Jazz. However, Utah has a lot of bodies to put on Kobe, from Ronnie Brewer's quick hands to Harpring's strength to Kirilenko's length, so he will definitely have a much tougher time against the Jazz.

New Orleans leads by 15 in the break! Poor Dallas =(
Yah, they will play alot more physical D on Kobe. I still think he will light em up counting he gets to the charity strip often, I believe Utah led the league in giving opponents FTs.

Yah, they will play alot more physical D on Kobe. I still think he will light em up counting he gets to the charity strip often, I believe Utah led the league in giving opponents FTs.
Well if you lead the league in fouls, you don't play particularly good defense do you?

Doesn't matter though seeing as Houston will upset and so will the Suns, woo!

Well if you lead the league in fouls, you don't play particularly good defense do you?

Doesn't matter though seeing as Houston will upset and so will the Suns, woo!
They play better team defense. Well Camby is among the league leader in blocks and Iverson in steal, does that mean they play good defense?

I hope Houston pushes this to 7 games.

Fuck Fuck Fuck. Nash turns the ball over 4 times in the final 4:00, Suns lose 87-92. Piece of Shit. It's 89-87 with 25 ticks to go. Nash gets the ball, bounces it out of bounds... They should trade Amare for somebody...

But before Nash lost the game, it was getting pretty intense. Leads switching and Shaq made some free throws, gogo Spurs.

FUCK YOU SPURS! I hope you guys lose to the Hornets, you bunch of damn cheaters.
This is the thought in my mind as well, I hate the FUCKING SPURS with a passion. Did anybody see the play where Duncan tripped over his own foot? I thought is was kind of funny. GO CP3, kick the fucking Spurs ass!

Edit: The Rockets are still alive, with a blowout over Utah at home. Did anyone see T-Mac's statline? 29 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 5 trn(how the fuck do you abbriviuate turnover?)

There were some really bad calls against the Suns in the 4th, but it was a good series not counting that game 3. New Orleans should be an interesting match up, I'm rooting for them to beat the Spurs.

Also, Houston dominated tonight =D Let's see if they can win the next one at Utah!

Now that denver and suns r out...GO BOSTON!
What you guys think about boston? Win or lose agaisnt hawks? The series is tied right now..but ill think boston will come out winning. (Playoffs and this series)

I can't decide who I want to win it all, Kobe, CP3, KG, or T-Mac(or at least the second round, please...)
Kobe! Duh = P, I'm hyped about seeing CP3 and MR. Longoria go at it. Great matchup.

Now that denver and suns r out...GO BOSTON!
What you guys think about boston? Win or lose agaisnt hawks? The series is tied right now..but ill think boston will come out winning. (Playoffs and this series)
I still think Boston will take the series but not the title. It's just hard to bet against a team with those vets, they are not as soft as the Mavs team that got upset. If the Celts are struggling with the Hawks, I could see the Celts struggling with Orlando and the Cavs (assuming the Cavs close it out)

Boston should win the series against the Hawks but this Atlanta team looks good for the future. It is an extremely young and athletic team. I loved the move to get Mike Bibby and when it happened I really expected the Hawks to be the 5 or 6 seed in the east. That obviously did not happen and I looked a little foolish but I really think that if not this year the Hawks will make some noise in years to come. Just as a reminder of how young they are, nobody on the team is even 30 yet.

Boston should win the series against the Hawks but this Atlanta team looks good for the future. It is an extremely young and athletic team. I loved the move to get Mike Bibby and when it happened I really expected the Hawks to be the 5 or 6 seed in the east. That obviously did not happen and I looked a little foolish but I really think that if not this year the Hawks will make some noise in years to come. Just as a reminder of how young they are, nobody on the team is even 30 yet.
Yup, I see them as an eastcoast version of the Trailblazers. Young, atheletic, and skilled. On a sidenote...instead of drafting Marvin Williams...can you imagine if they drafted CP3 or Deron? Wooo

REPORT!!! MIKE DiANTONI will NOT return to coach the suns next season. It's on SI.com

So does anybody else think, the Suns will shake up their core for next season? Seeing how they just can't seem to win with what they have?

It's not really their choice...they have like 4 max contract players....The only one that has real value is probably Amare, but they kind of fucked up when they didn't nab KG last year...........Remember, this team is built around Nash...but with the Shaq fuck up, it's kind of ifty......

I don't see the Suns making any drastic changes tbh. They're not trading Amare, Nash or Shaq for certain (besides, Shaq cost too much to get), Bell, Hill, and Barbosa are also quite invaluable imo. If they truly had to send someone off, it'd have to be Diaw I think. Yes, he did finally come alive the last two games, but he's just been real inconsistent throughout the season. Skinner I think is a decent, cheap grab, as well as Girchenk (or however you spell his last name).

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yup, I see them as an eastcoast version of the Trailblazers. Young, atheletic, and skilled. On a sidenote...instead of drafting Marvin Williams...can you imagine if they drafted CP3 or Deron? Wooo
they likely wouldn't have gotten Horford then, unless they got lucky in the lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)