The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is, the same can be applied to the Celtics and Ray Allen (and Pierce too, since he struggled much of the series like LeBron, just not as much as Allen).

Allen is going to have to get out of his slump if the Celtics want a chance against Detroit.
Lol, Ray-Ray was hiding in this series.

Pierce matched up with LeBron. They combined for 86 of the game's 189 points.

I don't think Boston can beat Detroit though, unless Boston stops playing so nonchalantly on the road. They're just feeding off the energy of the home crowd and they just are not the same team on the road.

Should be a great game tomorrow. Hornets-Spurs game 7. I'm still not sure who will win that one. If David West is 100% healthy, the Hornets can possibly get themselves to the WCF.

Yeah I hope Hornets-Spurs game 7 will be as exciting as Celtics-Cavs game 7. But I doubt West is 100% since he already had back problems before the incident with Horry, I think it was him.

GoGo Spurs!

haha wow this postseason is going to be more terrible than I thought it would be

boston is playing fucking horrible and is going to go down to detroit for 6, and while I think LA can probably beat San Antonio.....if they don't, it's going to be detroit/sa and I will boycott the finals

as much as I love LeBron, us losing game 7 was just as much his fault as anyone else on our team. all of his other abilities get overshadowed by the fact that he is the best slasher in nba history already, which is ok. the man put up 45 points against the best defense in the league. but because of that, the amount of turnovers he makes, his questionable defense, which relies more on wildly athletic moves to create blocks and steals rather than fundamental defense, and sometimes just questionable calls for a point guard that is supposed to direct the offense(holding the ball doing nothing for 12 seconds, popping up retarded threes, and driving to the basket and taking dumb shots)

all in all, an extremely disappointing season for the cavs, and the kind of thing that will rip us apart. a lot of people say that LeBron is going to New York, which I don't necessarily agree with, but the fact is if we don't bring in high caliber player that can grow with LeBron in the next two years or win the championship, lebron is fucking out of here. which makes me really fucking sad, because at this rate, it's not gonna happen.

lebron james as of this season was the 4th highest paid player on the team lol (or something like that)

also pistons and spurs both in 6

Spurs and Pistons in 6.

I think I'd actually enjoy a Spurs-Pistons final than I would a Lakeshow-Celtics finals. And I think the Spurs will finally win 2 championships in a row.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
but the fact is if we don't bring in high caliber player that can grow with LeBron in the next two years or win the championship, lebron is fucking out of here. which makes me really fucking sad, because at this rate, it's not gonna happen.
Sorry to say (well not really!)but it's probably not happening then. Ferry is an absolute joke as GM (tell me, what was ONE productive move they made in his tenure?). He overpays for mediocre crap like Varejao and Hughes (64 million for a swingman with no history of success in the NBA coming off a contract year in a system designed for what he can do well? We were laughing at you when you offered that contract) and he constantly trades his draft picks for crap or makes bad picks (IIRC only James, Pavlovic and Gibson are the only players drafted by the team that are contributors).

Then again, you have a shitload of expiring contracts - Z, Wallace, Szcerbiak (sic) so you could make a big FA signing in 2010.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Los Angeles Lakers
If only the Lakers had Bynum... This will be a great series, the Lakers are not great defensively and will have a tough time against Duncan, but they create a lot of match-up problems for the Spurs. 7 Games

Detroit Pistons vs. Boston Celtics
Boston will finally lose one at home but come back and win one the road. Chances are this will go to 7 games again. 7 Games

Never thought my first post here would be in an NBA thread, but hey, I'm a hugeeee fan.

I must say I tend to root for the underdog when it comes to playoff time, so I was definitely disappointed the Cavs didn't make it past Boston. I've nothing against Boston, but on a basketball forum I regularly visit, most of the fans there are simply bandwagon fans, so I'd like to see them get their comuppance.

Was gutted NOH went out against Spurs as well. Judging by a lot of the series going the distance and teams rarely winning on the road, I really thought they could do it, but I guess the experience of the Spurs really told this time round.

As for predictions: It pains me to say it (I respect the Spurs, but don't enjoy watching them so much) Spurs win in 7.

And the other series, Pistons in 6 or 7. Celtics haven't won a single road game this playoffs but have managed to win all the home games. I could see Detroit stealing a game on the road, and if Boston couldn't get a win in Atlanta or Cleveland, I can't see them taking a game at the Palace.

round 2 updates now

Final Results of the second round

Celtics>Cavs in 7
Pistons>Magic in 5
Lakers>Jazz in 6
Spurs>Hornets in 7

Mizuno - 15
Ancien Regime - 13
Spaceflare - 11
goofball - 9
Bulblax - 9
Shinryu - 8
zerowing - 7
Judgement - 7
Jackal - 7
Aeroblacktyl - 5
Loki - 7
moot - 5
Zenigame - 3
DFA - 2
Captkirby - 2

post away predictions for this round, hopefully more people will do them.

imo celtics in 6 spurs in 7

lol the 9th worst team should never, ever, ever, ever, EVER get the #1 pick in the draft. They need to rebuild the way it works imo.

celtics in 6
lakers in 6 kobe can win on the road too remember? and the lakers did it on the home court with the best home record in the nba this season

So ticketmaster just released additional tickets for Game 1. I splurged and picked up two for my girlfriend and I. Tickets at face value are addicting. Spent a grip of cash this year on Laker games...no more summer snowboarding in Chile = ( but I can wait for Bear Moutain to fill up this winter. Yes!!! WCF here I come!

So bulls with the first pick...what a waste that tyrus pick was now...they'll prob take beasley, i mean, sure rose is better than hinrich, but bulls starting pf is......................

drew gooden? o_O

heat with rose will be fine. rose/wade/marion/haslem, that's a pretty good foundation right thurrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)